test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is crafting the horta broken?

jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Academy
For some reason it does not recognize my horta hatchling...I have everything I need...600 crafting skill, 20 alien artifact, 20 radiation sample, and 40 mineral sample...I have the schematic: horta mineralogy research (standard), and a horta hatchling...the crafting recipe didn't recognize it in the box, didn't recognize it after I opened the box, didn't recognize it in my inventory, and didn't recognize it after I summoned it...what am I doing wrong?
There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
Post edited by jeremiahhayes on

Comments

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What is this box you speak of? The horta hatchling for the crafting assignment comes from playing "Mine Enemy."

If there's a horta hatchling in a box (not the crystal, acid, or dilithium hatchlings, a regular hatchling in a box) then it's quite possible that it is a different entity in the database and won't be recognized for crafting.

In fact they might do it on purpose so that somebody doesn't accidentally use their box hatchling as a component in crafting.

orrrrrrrrr crafting the horta might be broken. It's been a long time since I crafted a horta.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Actually, is there anyone in the game who uses the crafting system?? :eek:
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I do, to a limited extent.

Though this does make me wonder just what will become of the Horta pet whenever crafting is changed... I hope it'll still be available.
  • Options
    solidshatnersolidshatner Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its annoying that half my toons are ENGs and not one of them as really got into crafting as it is of little use/point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vifarcvifarc Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If broken, it didn't occure to me, as I crafted the combat Horta last week.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Its annoying that half my toons are ENGs and not one of them as really got into crafting as it is of little use/point.

I didnt know what the hell was the crafting system (well, i know what is a crafting system, but not the one in STO) until i went to Defera and i started doing those missions where you need to craft some items.. lol. And thats the only thing ive done about crafting in STO xD.
  • Options
    exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For some reason it does not recognize my horta hatchling...I have everything I need...600 crafting skill, 20 alien artifact, 20 radiation sample, and 40 mineral sample...I have the schematic: horta mineralogy research (standard), and a horta hatchling...the crafting recipe didn't recognize it in the box, didn't recognize it after I opened the box, didn't recognize it in my inventory, and didn't recognize it after I summoned it...what am I doing wrong?

it uses the one from Mine Enemy, not the Dilithium one i suspect you are using

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Ive maxed out crafting and I do use the system.

exa12 wrote: »
    it uses the one from Mine Enemy, not the Dilithium one i suspect you are using

This is the issue if you have a horta thats in a box it is NOT the craftable one. Play mine enemy for the hatchling from that episode. (Its a reddish colored one) It comes to your inventory and is not in a box. This is the only one that will work for crafting a combat horta. (It is not the only combat horta though.)
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    tyranthraxisiityranthraxisii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Was going to say Crafting in general is broken in this game. It got killed when Dilithium was added in.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=TREQGl54BU8&feature=endscreen
    I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.:confused:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Was going to say Crafting in general is broken in this game. It got killed when Dilithium was added in.

What..? i didnt know dilithium was not there from the beginning.. :eek:
  • Options
    xsupersnailxxsupersnailx Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I used the crafting desert once to make my horta about a year ago
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What..? i didnt know dilithium was not there from the beginning.. :eek:

Crafting used to be a 100% free way to get (at the time) very high-end equipment. And many people used it.

When dilithium was added to the game, crafting was saddled with those awful unreplicateables and that day, my friends, crafting in STO died.
  • Options
    tyranthraxisiityranthraxisii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Crafting used to be a 100% free way to get (at the time) very high-end equipment. And many people used it.

When dilithium was added to the game, crafting was saddled with those awful unreplicateables and that day, my friends, crafting in STO died.

My thoughts exactly. Used to be able to get a kind of starter set in the Aegis gear, as well as decent gear to reoutfit your ship/crew after a new rank was achieved. But it's not important now anyways because the level up system is so fast, you don't need to worry about gear til you start the awesomeness that is the end game grind fest.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=TREQGl54BU8&feature=endscreen
    I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.:confused:
  • Options
    drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you have the resources, crafting can be very handy during the Bonus XP weekend, as you can craft/make what you need on the fly.

Just remember: If you don't craft even-tiered goods, you won't spend any dilithium.

Well, how does that help, you might say? It helps me, because I'm a miser. I could spend, say, 70k on a green Mk VI console from the Exchange. Or I could craft a blue Mk VI console for the price of 10k (the schematic) and about 10k dil (once you've bought all the Unrep Mats you need) - or a could craft an equivalent purple Mk V for the price of the 10k schematic.

This works all the way up to Tier VII, if I recall correctly.

Having said this, I collect the standard and special mats daily (not the dil ones though), and have quite a lot of them. Not everybody is in that situation.

(Just so someone is saying something nice about the crafting.)