What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server D/C? [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Send someone from cryptic to buy another Hamster to power their server.

Gotta feed them guys...thats two dead ones in five days.

Back to plotting the downfall of mankind.:P
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tarsudo wrote: »
    +1 you have right!!! they assimilated the server!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    :: LINK ::

LIVE! Cryptic tracking down the culprits now.
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well shame on Cryptic/PWE if they are using plebian-tier Realtek network interface cards instead of glorious-master-race-tier Intel
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Hamster is OP please nerf

Uptime is OP, plz nerf

Oh look......
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bump

Just because it was so loved last time and even caused Q to arrive.
  • Options
    bansheedragonbansheedragon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    datura80 wrote: »
    for a player that spends a LOT of spare cash on this game, I would hope that these sort of issues would calm down. Instead, they've progressively been degrading over the past month. I've played STO for years and never had as many issues as I have in the past two weeks. Latency, rubber banding and server down. If you want us all to keep pumping zen into the game, it needs to be up for us to spend it. If you have seen an increase in user base, that is great but you need to be prepared for the load. I, as a gold member, expect more from the community that manages this game.:mad:

I'm a lifetime member myself, and I fully agree with this.

I have been playing the game on and off since Beta.
    But I have never seen things as bad as this before.

Bugs, glitches, crashes, its getting very frustrating when you can barely log on without encountering some kind of issue somewhere
  • Options
    datura80datura80 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    azerdraco wrote: »
    I agree with this statement.

I get that things break, but when have you ever tried to search with google to have it return a message, server down. This is obvious hardware neglect and LOAD neglect. Your user base is expanding beyond what you can support. Invest capitol in server structure that is capabable of taking the load of what you expect and your projected numbers. Obviously you are working with a system called, lets see who pays and if it breaks, we'll upgrade maybe. You're going to lose your players. You need to have server base coverage for 50% more players than you'd expect. That is how you grow a game. Never have a player experience server down, 7 out of 10 free play gamers are now saying **** STO. Remember, 3 out of 10 of those would have signed up for gold membership. Do I need to run the numbers for you?
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Alright everyone. I'm back in my really cool Captain's chair.

So it is an issue that is with the East Coast server, but we have someone already very actively working on the issue. Not only that, but it doesn't look like it's a hardware issue. It looks like it just is a networking problem. My magic 8-ball says this bodes well.
  • Options
    nova2284nova2284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Mirror needs to run until at least to April 10 2014 - I don't see what the issue with have 4 weeks to run this when we had 4 weeks to run Crystalline!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DELTA RISING FIXS THERE NEVER COMING WHY I'M I WASTING MY TIME ASKING FOR THEM ???
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    if the Borg assimilated the servers, they wouldn't crash anymore

Agreed, imperfection would not be tolerated in the collective, this game would be discontinued.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    talpar1talpar1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yet again? :/
  • Options
    dreadswarmdreadswarm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So any eta?
  • Options
    tyranthraxisiityranthraxisii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    nova2284 wrote: »
    Mirror needs to run until at least to April 10 2014 - I don't see what the issue with have 4 weeks to run this when we had 4 weeks to run Crystalline!

just throwing it out there, but this has actually been said in like 10 other topics on the front page here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=TREQGl54BU8&feature=endscreen
    I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.:confused:
  • Options
    rifmaerurifmaeru Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am in Seattle, Washington and I am unable to log-in to STO... :)
  • Options
    hajmyishajmyis Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kozar2 wrote: »
    bump

Just because it was so loved last time and even caused Q to arrive.

I just knew u would bump it again 8)
    "Frankly, not sure why you're on a one man nerf campaign. "
  • Options
    edited March 2014

So it is an issue that is with the East Coast server, but we have someone already very actively working on the issue. Not only that, but it doesn't look like it's a hardware issue. It looks like it just is a networking problem. My magic 8-ball says this bodes well.

I actually have a magic 8 ball on my desk.

It must be broken, because i read your post, picked it up and shaked it and it said 'unlikely'
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I am still bored. I demand 50 Jem'Hadar Attack Ships in reparation for the trauma I've incurred as a result of your networking issue.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Diablo 3 is out w an expansion tomorrow

The pain, the agony *Single Tear*

Ba'al runs in D2 LoD might pass the time...
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Never trust the Magic 8-Ball
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Any ETA on when this will be up? Are you going to extened the MI event again due to this? We would all like to know:(
  • Options
    solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Before your Boston server farm incinerates. Seven days is enough.

Think of the children!
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dreadswarm wrote: »
    So any eta?

When they feel like it O'clock
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    dreadswarmdreadswarm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nope, Just you.
  • Options
    joshglassjoshglass Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Have you turned it off and on again? Is it power cord plugged in?

That's all I got.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    rifmaeru wrote: »
    I am in Seattle, Washington and I am unable to log-in to STO... :)

These posts are starting to sound like an AA meeting.

Hi, I'm Randy and i can't log on to STO for.......ten minutes

(cue polite applause)
  • Options
    chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    alright Everyone. I'm Back In My Really Cool Captain's Chair.

So It Is An Issue That Is With The East Coast Server, But We Have Someone Already Very Actively Working On The Issue. Not Only That, But It Doesn't Look Like It's A Hardware Issue. It Looks Like It Just Is A Networking Problem. My Magic 8-ball Says This Bodes Well.

Tell Him To Work Faster. Or He'll Hang.
  • Options
    genadagenada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Things were always breaking on the Enterprise, so it's cannon. Let's just hope they have someone as good as La Forge working on it and not Wesley.
  • Options
    rangervegasrangervegas Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    venkou wrote: »

Damn those Undine.....I KNEW it was them....... :D
  • Options
    rancidzombie1701rancidzombie1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    datura80 wrote: »
    I get that things break, but when have you ever tried to search with google to have it return a message, server down. This is obvious hardware neglect and LOAD neglect. Your user base is expanding beyond what you can support. Invest capitol in server structure that is capabable of taking the load of what you expect and your projected numbers. Obviously you are working with a system called, lets see who pays and if it breaks, we'll upgrade maybe. You're going to lose your players. You need to have server base coverage for 50% more players than you'd expect. That is how you grow a game. Never have a player experience server down, 7 out of 10 free play gamers are now saying **** STO. Remember, 3 out of 10 of those would have signed up for gold membership. Do I need to run the numbers for you?

i had switched to gold just before weekend crash and burn, i cancelled.if theyre not gonna spend the money keeping the servers adequate, im not gonna send money to em
  • Options
    bansheedragonbansheedragon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    o0kami87 wrote: »
    Agreed, imperfection would not be tolerated in the collective, this game would be discontinued.

The Borg would not assimilate something that would detract from perfection.
    As such I doubt they would even give it a second glance.
This discussion has been closed.