Anniversary Pack Discussion

Options

Comments

• ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It IS an upsurge of greed. Look at prices when the game started, 100k per gold at the highest. Now look at the prices. Why do prices go up? Greed. There is no other reason for any price to ever go up...ever.

Supply and demand is not a factor, considering people have the power to NOT charge insane amounts REGARDLESS of supply and demand. As long as the power to NOT charge high prices exists, and it always will, any and all price raising is done entirely by greed.

Yup everyone is greedy , from the person who trys to sell gold for 600k+ to the person who wants to sell 1 TT mat for 15mil, Just human nature for people to want to get as most as they can for something
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It IS an upsurge of greed. Look at prices when the game started, 100k per gold at the highest. Now look at the prices. Why do prices go up? Greed. There is no other reason for any price to ever go up...ever.

Supply and demand is not a factor, considering people have the power to NOT charge insane amounts REGARDLESS of supply and demand. As long as the power to NOT charge high prices exists, and it always will, any and all price raising is done entirely by greed.

But what exactly caused the upsurge of greed? It's not random-- you just don't wake up one day and think, "Damn, I want everything NOW NOW NOW." for no reason. It doesn't work like that. (usually)

What the anni packs, the constant sales, the bad decisions did was give incentive for people to be greedy. If you're trying to say that PWE has nothing to do with it... that's just wrong.

And I'm not saying that people have nothing to do with it, and that they aren't greedy. Not at all. But. I am saying that PWE caused it. If you look at the constant sales over the summer you'll see gold prices slowly getting higher with each passing sale, falling a little afterward.

So yeah, the price of gold can be attributed to PWE. They didn't click a magic button to make gold 500k/each, but, they did provide an incentive.

Can you seriously completely blame a dog for eating a steak you put well within his reach?

Edit: Btw, before anyone takes it the wrong way, I still think people have some part in it. But it's a three-way thing. Buyers. Sellers. And the company that hosts the game. All three played some part it making it the way it is, and all three can stop it. They just don't.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The company just puts it there. Your own greed is what makes you want it so bad.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The company just puts it there. Your own greed is what makes you want it so bad.

And the company can control it. We've seen it be done-- coin sinks, JJ events, they all work to an extent. What did they think was gonna happen once they started spamming sales? Gold would go up. They knew it. It's not, "hey, maybe, if we sell all this, our players will just tell themselves to stop wanting it."

No, they manufacture it with the intent that you WILL want it. That's how people sell things. If you didn't want it, nothing would run.

Also, you seem to think greed is wanting anything, by how you're wording it. So me wanting that, lets say, Crystal Love Dress, because I think I've worked hard in the game and want to reward myself? Is that greedy?

But that's beside the point. You seem to be leaving out gold buyers when you said that part about how it's people's greed that makes the prices go up-- gold buyers, the ones that buy the gold for 500k, are just as 'greedy'. They offer higher and higher to get above their 'competitors' for the gold. You've seen it happen. That's why there's a list of gold buyers-- 500k, 490k, 480k, etc.

I don't see how people can't realize that there's three sides to this. And three different groups responsible. And each group, really, could bring down gold prices if they wanted to.

(gold sellers all decide to go lower, gold buyers strike and don't buy high gold, and PWE can introduce more coin sinks/take away or alter some of the items or sales causing the higher gold)
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The fact that the gold sellers are actually willing to sell for that high places the entire blame on them and them alone. Why is that? They have the power to NOT sell that high.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Sanagah - Sanctuary
    Sanagah - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    -_-

For the eight millionth time, the GMs don't make the decisions. They're told what they can and can't release by the PWE higher-ups. And they get paid to be GMs - it's their full-time job. So they kind of have a right to try and keep it.

That doesn't mean they can't treat us like human beings, though - and the GMs do. Spoons in particular does a great job of leveling with us within the confines of his job. :P

It's the execs up there who won't level with us. That's the problem.

Okay, sorry bud, the "higher-up's" suffer from greed. Either way, the main point is being made.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The fact that the gold sellers are actually willing to sell for that high places the entire blame on them and them alone. Why is that? They have the power to NOT sell that high.

If there's no gold in the AH, lets just say there isn't, and the average gold price is 100k, what do people do? They bid higher to get a better place on the list... they bid 110k, then 120k, then 130k... is that not greed on the buyer's part?

Is it the seller's fault that there's no gold in AH at that moment? That the others are trying to get best/first pick at the gold (when it comes) themselves? Yeah, maybe, I dunno-- maybe that's the gold seller's plan. It could also be that it's Wednesday and most of the sellers don't get paid 'till Friday.
  • _azure_ - Sanctuary
    _azure_ - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    A few weeks back or was it a month ago now that anni packs were taken down, gold prices themselves slowly began to go down also. Peoples greed began to decline and so the anniversary of PW was over.

A few weeks later by 'popular demand' from who I wonder and I truly doubt it was in high demand for it to return by the player base itself, anni packs returned now as I hear as a permanent item to always get from the boutique.

No, no bloody NO! In bringing back an item which is ONLY supposed to be for ONCE a year, gold prices once again increased, peoples greed came back and everything has gone to hades as it was when they were first introduced.

The ecomony within PW has gone to hell and I believe firmly it started with the anniversary packs in the 1st place. There's a chance to get end game stuff from them at that leaves people with simply 2 options:

1. Feel great about having it, whereas other players who want it, dont have it. So equip what you wanted and feel good about yourself.

2. On the other hand players will think, 'Hmm scroll of tome now thats a rare item, how much can I make from it?' 150mil is the answer to that.

Truth be told thats a rare item and anyone who sells that item is sorted for life ingame because of every other players desire to have everything NOW NOW NOW! It simply falls to supply and demand and the greed of players.

I mean I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't want a scroll of tome but at the sametime, im not that crazy to shell out 150mil for such an item because I couldnt afford it.

As long as new things become avaliable to us as the players and the supply and demand is there people will continue to want everything and the greed will always be there, thats an undeniable fact, but at the sametime I think that the anniversary packs are what caused all this mass inflation of prices and greed and the sooner they are removed the better the ecomony might get.

In the end if and when they are removed, (if ever) it will depend on the players and if they are prepared to put their greed aside for things to return to the way they were.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    A few weeks back or was it a month ago now that anni packs were taken down, gold prices themselves slowly began to go down also. Peoples greed began to decline and so the anniversary of PW was over.

A few weeks later by 'popular demand' from who I wonder and I truly doubt it was in high demand for it to return by the player base itself, anni packs returned now as I hear as a permanent item to always get from the boutique.

It is popular demand, eve now, just look how many ppl are buying those stuff

No, no bloody NO! In bringing back an item which is ONLY supposed to be for ONCE a year, gold prices once again increased, peoples greed came back and everything has gone to hades as it was when they were first introduced.

They will remove it eventually, but QQ more. In your place i would use it to my advantage in any way you want.
    Clerics use anni packs to avoid charms FTW

The ecomony within PW has gone to hell and I believe firmly it started with the anniversary packs in the 1st place. There's a chance to get end game stuff from them at that leaves people with simply 2 options:

1. Feel great about having it, whereas other players who want it, dont have it. So equip what you wanted and feel good about yourself.

Work fr it and feel better then one who bought it is a good idea isnt it?

2. On the other hand players will think, 'Hmm scroll of tome now thats a rare item, how much can I make from it?' 150mil is the answer to that.

Its not that many ppl didnt have over 200mil coins even before anni packs

Truth be told thats a rare item and anyone who sells that item is sorted for life ingame because of every other players desire to have everything NOW NOW NOW! It simply falls to supply and demand and the greed of players.

See not everything is anni fault? If someone made it the legit way it would be the same lol

I mean I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't want a scroll of tome but at the sametime, im not that crazy to shell out 150mil for such an item because I couldnt afford it.

Some want to, so why does it bother you?

As long as new things become avaliable to us as the players and the supply and demand is there people will continue to want everything and the greed will always be there, thats an undeniable fact, but at the sametime I think that the anniversary packs are what caused all this mass inflation of prices and greed and the sooner they are removed the better the ecomony might get.

I would write a wall of text for this, but not worth it

In the end if and when they are removed, (if ever) it will depend on the players and if they are prepared to put their greed aside for things to return to the way they were.

That would be never b:bye

Q_Q more ppl
    b:dirty
  • _azure_ - Sanctuary
    _azure_ - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    -_- if I wanted a sarcastic disection of my own personal opinion on the shape of things PWI and anni packs I would have ASKED for one, grow up u half wit
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    -_- if I wanted a sarcastic disection of my own personal opinion on the shape of things PWI and anni packs I would have ASKED for one, grow up u half wit

I was not sarcastic in any way b:bye

EDIT:
    Since i have time today...
    Again yes it was popular demand, grow up and see it "half wit", half of you are too blind to see the freekin demand for those things.
    So the sale went on and on...now i wonder why, maybe cause they made money for their paychecks and just maybe cause 90%of the server is using those things in one way or the other...idk pick one.

Oh and yeah, this aint a charity. While 100k gold was great at the beginning (low lvs and ect), its very bad at higher up, cause the ppl (cash shoppers) have no profit or a boost up while you (out of million reasons) dont support the game with real $$ yet can afford to have everything you want.
    You can QQ all you want but money makes the world spin around!

Then out of all the things you mention end game gear. Yeah well if you payed 500$ on a game i bet you would wish that for your self. While if you want it free, well WORK FOR IT NOOB!!!

Now thnx k bai!!
  • Incarnata - Harshlands
    Incarnata - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I have a couple useless thoughts for you:

Technically speaking wanting anything in a game could be greed. After all, no one needs any specific form of entertainment, and greed is wanting to own things which you do not need.

However, from a different point of view, wanting things in a game is not any form of greed because you do not really wind up possessing anything -- games are entertainment and philosophically speaking we do not really possess anything here -- its all on computers located in some data centers somewhere.
  • Leonardo - Heavens Tear
    Leonardo - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    anni packs b:surrender
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i want a 3 month long birthday that makes me 100's of thousands of dollars to

seriously stop necroing the packs pleaseb:sad
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i want a 3 month long birthday that makes me 100's of thousands of dollars to

seriously stop necroing the packs pleaseb:sad

Pretty sure they will, once the packs stop selling..... yah.. I know.... Chicken will evolve teeth before people stop buying the packs..
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Might be just me, but I think the anni packs leaving is going to be worse. All those floating tokens will drive the Event Pots, Teles, etc. etc. up beyond current price.

Say hi to 1 mill gold (Well probably)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Might be just me, but I think the anni packs leaving is going to be worse. All those floating tokens will drive the Event Pots, Teles, etc. etc. up beyond current price.

Say hi to 1 mill gold (Well probably)

Yups.. specialy if they keep hosting double-drop weekends.... that will really mess up things even more....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Wait... explain to me how floating tokens drive gold prices UP? o.O

Yeah event pots, shards and such will go up, but only because they're so low right now. As for teles, it's pretty much the same deal - the price of teles will fluctuate and eventually stablize at the 1/10th the gold price (which hopefully will be severely lessened by then).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Given how often packs are bought, and how often I sold them, there's no doubt they are popular, and proof is in the pudding.. just not with an extremely vocal minority.
    Greed is here and always will be -- in any game you play. The anniversary pack didn't invent it.

First off, one has to get lottery-like luck to win a scroll of tome, and secondly, it's a given in a free to play w/cash-shop MMO that if you have more money you will end up having more things. It's also why this game is FREE, and you don't NEED a scroll of tome.
    This is how people operate in the real world. Guess who are behind these in game avatars? Do you ever go outside?
    Well some decide with their money they want to, and if they feel good about it, good for them. Again, you act as if it should be easy to get a scroll of tome, then complain about unbalancing the game?

As long as there are humans playing this game there will be greed. You just selectively attributed something already present in people to anniversary packs and a long rant QQ post, then, even more hilariously, suggest they "put their greed aside". b:chuckle
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I was not sarcastic in any way b:bye

EDIT:
    Since i have time today...
    Again yes it was popular demand, grow up and see it "half wit", half of you are too blind to see the freekin demand for those things.
    So the sale went on and on...now i wonder why, maybe cause they made money for their paychecks and just maybe cause 90%of the server is using those things in one way or the other...idk pick one.

Oh and yeah, this aint a charity. While 100k gold was great at the beginning (low lvs and ect), its very bad at higher up, cause the ppl (cash shoppers) have no profit or a boost up while you (out of million reasons) dont support the game with real $$ yet can afford to have everything you want.
    You can QQ all you want but money makes the world spin around!

Then out of all the things you mention end game gear. Yeah well if you payed 500$ on a game i bet you would wish that for your self. While if you want it free, well WORK FOR IT NOOB!!!

Now thnx k bai!!

who are you to say that the lvl 100 player above did not support the game with real $$? why are you spewing insults at other players just for expressing their own opinions in a discussion thread? do you know how to facilitate a discussion without making an **** out of yourself or not?

a lot of players i know, cash shoppers included, are admitting there is some BS in this. it's fine to have an advantage for paying up, but there are some things you strive to achieve, and those achievements should not diminish for the game to be of value. when a game has nothing to achieve, the game becomes pointless. would you pay nintendo $10 extra to unlock every level in Mario? the funny thing is, even players in private servers have something to work for. my friends spoke of people farming coin to reach 8jun when they visit me in this game to chat. ironically, in this game you buy your way to 8jun. what a joke
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    who are you to say that the lvl 100 player above did not support the game with real $$? why are you spewing insults at other players just for expressing their own opinions in a discussion thread? do you know how to facilitate a discussion without making an **** out of yourself or not?

even some heavy cash shoppers i know are admitting there is some BS in this. it's fine to have an advantage for paying up, but there are some things you strive to achieve, and those achievements should not diminish for the game to be of value. when a game has nothing to achieve, the game becomes pointless. the funny thing is, even players in private servers have something to work for. my friends spoke of people farming coin to reach 8jun when they visit me in this game to chat. ironically, in this game you buy your way to 8jun. what a joke
    If you want the main reason an extremely vocal minority of cash shoppers (high level or otherwise) complained, it's because at the end of the first two anniversary pack sales they either stocked up on a ton of packs/tokens to sell at an insane price, and their investment turned to **** when the packs came back, or, they already had their frost/lunar/ws/pack gear and didn't want anyone else to have it.
    edited November 2009
    Options

a lot of players i know, cash shoppers included, are admitting there is some BS in this. it's fine to have an advantage for paying up, but there are some things you strive to achieve, and those achievements should not diminish for the game to be of value. when a game has nothing to achieve, the game becomes pointless. would you pay nintendo $10 extra to unlock every level in Mario? the funny thing is, even players in private servers have something to work for. my friends spoke of people farming coin to reach 8jun when they visit me in this game to chat. ironically, in this game you buy your way to 8jun. what a joke

shhh...ppl dont know this but, I will have this gear and did not pay a single dime for it.... :PP

lol if im lucky and get rich in-game thru miraculous means and such b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    But this statement absolves me of all blame then, because I'm a Gold buyer, not a Gold seller. In fact, your statement makes me a victim! b:chuckle

I'll pay 475k for Gold without hesitation because I know there are impatient people who will buy Anniversary Packs for whatever the "buy-it-now" price of Gold is. They see Gold selling for 500k and me selling packs for 500k and to them it's a great deal because they can skip the 2% AH fee and get their packs from me instantly for slightly cheaper.

Is it greed that motivates them? Nope, it's impatience.

Meanwhile the greed of my competitors also helps me out, because they're trying to sell packs for 550k. So by having their prices higher than mine, I get most of the sales.

So yay for greed! Yay for impatience! Thanks to other people having those vices, my character is rich.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you want the main reason an extremely vocal minority of cash shoppers (high level or otherwise) complained, it's because at the end of the first two anniversary pack sales they either stocked up on a ton of packs/tokens to sell at an insane price, and their investment turned to **** when the packs came back, or, they already had their frost/lunar/ws/pack gear and didn't want anyone else to have it.

not really...unless the packs are permanent, those investments will pay off, if not just much much later. i had bought tokens for a relatively expensive price and the packs came back, but i quickly sold those in the form of traded items to break even, allowing me to buy more tokens at the new lower price and make profit again.

the BS is this: people bought rep, and levels. in a game where you play to level and gather rep, being able to buy this defeats the whole purpose of playing.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited November 2009
    Options
    the BS is this: people bought rep, and levels.

Agreed

Added Bonus: I get noob-bashed by ppl who oracle themselves past my lvl.

Sad Part: They were lvl 70 like a month agob:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    the BS is this: people bought rep, and levels. in a game where you play to level and gather rep, being able to buy this defeats the whole purpose of playing.
    Yup. I've got enough reputation for Rank 6 now, without spending a real-life dime or completing a single in-game quest, all thanks to the current mess that is the Anniversary Pack economy.

It's pretty bizarre when you can literally go from 2,500 rep to 35,000 rep in a month or so by just being cat-shop. I mean, sure, I'll take it, but I fully admit it's not exactly the most impressive accomplishment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options

I know, unless ppl call me half wit, then i just give it back to them.

As for the rest of your post. Yeah paying your self trough levels/ranks/ect is silly for us....but guess what there are ppl who want to own simple as that. (guessing they are kids, but who cares thats an fact)
    not really...unless the packs are permanent, those investments will pay off, if not just much much later. i had bought tokens for a relatively expensive price and the packs came back, but i quickly sold those in the form of traded items to break even, allowing me to buy more tokens at the new lower price and make profit again.

Again that's for us, for them its the whole purpose.
    Yup. I've got enough reputation for Rank 6 now, without spending a real-life dime or completing a single in-game quest, all thanks to the current mess that is the Anniversary Pack economy.

It's pretty bizarre when you can literally go from 2,500 rep to 35,000 rep in a month or so by just being cat-shop. I mean, sure, I'll take it, but I fully admit it's not exactly the most impressive accomplishment.

Exactly, the ones who worked for it (one man army and ect) will in the end feel much better of them self's then the ones who bought it.

But!!!! The ones who pay for that stuff are the ones who give money for our deeeeer GM's to live trough moths and for dev's to bring us new expansions.

And further more, anni packs are the hot topic now days, but i am sure ppl would find something else to QQ any ways.

Live it up and enjoy, Herb Yaun FTW, who needs charms!!!!
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Exactly, the ones who worked for it (one man army and ect) will in the end feel much better of them self's then the ones who bought it.

They will probably feel equaly good, since they both achieved what they wanted. As you said, different people enjoy different things.
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    They will probably feel equaly good, since they both achieved what they wanted. As you said, different people enjoy different things.

True. If they both get their top rank gear, they will both be just as happy as each other. The only differance being how happy others are for them, but tbh the only person they have to please is their self.
    So wether they work ingame for it or $ it, goodluck to them and sod what anyone else thinks.
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    Homaru - Harshlands Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yikes! 211 pages.
    b:bye
This discussion has been closed.