Anniversary Pack Discussion

Options

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Sooooo... what's gonna happen THIS week, huh? -_- Are we going to be ignored again?

*continues twiddling thumbs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • stygianwaters
    stygianwaters Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Uhhh... Am I the only one who thinks its a relatively good idea? b:avoid I mean... it may **** with the economy, (But the catshops are mainly put up by ballbreakers anyway. 5k for a Pig Iron???) But it gives people a reason to play, thus increasing the number of consumers of w/e the hell you're selling. Its one of those supply/demand things. Prices go down when the need and quantity goes up. As long as the items get sold, does it matter? b:puzzled
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    There's the exact reason I, and a large number of others haven't also made an insane profit off this event.
    Personally, I didn't join pwi to sit in a cat shop and play around with marketing all day. I joined to have fun, meet new people, try a whole load of new things, build up my character...and basically to, well play the game.
    Sure, I can respect that approach. I admit I still play PWI occasionally as well, and when I do it's to do whatever feels like fun.

However, objectively, I can see that every goal in the game is currently best accomplished by cat-shopping (or, for others, by opening tons of gamble boxes until eventually getting lucky). This means it's currently an RPG where questing, finding loot, completing challenges, etc... - ie. the things that normally make RPGs fun to play - don't give significant rewards in comparison to just letting the game run in the background (or, for others, gambling until they get lucky).

Frankly, that's just poor game design.

The result is that I've found the perfect solution: while my cat-shop is running, I play Torchlight. Thus, I get the best of both worlds: I advance myself in PWI, and I advance my character in an excellently balanced, and thus more fun to actually just play, RPG. And since Torchlight is affiliated with PWI everybody wins. Yay! b:victory
    However, I find it funny that you're basically complaining that it isn't easy to get a scroll of tome or some insane gear (none of which you see me have) by other means besides buying gold or knowing how to buy and sell things. It's evident people just love to hear/see/read themselves QQ.
    Um... how on earth did you just come to that conclusion reading _DarkSeph_'s post?

I mean, I may disagree with _DarkSeph_, but at least I took the time to read his position. You just fired a shotgun blast at an ally without even realizing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary
    TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Only thing I gotta add here is this: Spoons said that these packs will run until November. If these packs aren't taken out in December, be prepared for the flood gates to open up. Honestly, I can't say I'd blame it to happen either.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Uhhh... Am I the only one who thinks its a relatively good idea? b:avoid I mean... it may **** with the economy, (But the catshops are mainly put up by ballbreakers anyway. 5k for a Pig Iron???) But it gives people a reason to play, thus increasing the number of consumers of w/e the hell you're selling. Its one of those supply/demand things. Prices go down when the need and quantity goes up. As long as the items get sold, does it matter? b:puzzled
    Not to PWI. Are you PWI?

No, most likely you're just a player like me. And if you've ever needed anything from the CS that is not an Ani pack, then yes, it does matter.

And as long as people can gamble with Ani packs, demand isn't going to go down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Why is thread still up? Nothing is reversible anymore, nor can their be a realistic "solution" to the discontent caused by the anni packs...

but then again, here is the real question...

what kinda of crazy calender is PWE using? Cause the anni packs are still here... nearly 3 months after its "anniversary".
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You just fired a shotgun blast at an ally without even realizing it.
    Ally? I'm not anyone's side.

Btw, when it was said they were brought back by "popular demand", what do the QQers think they meant? They were surveying by forum posts and world chat? Or maybe people actually buying/using packs? b:chuckle Ever figure that the people QQing also buy/sell/use/benefit from anniversary packs? I bet you most do, making them hypocrites.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ally? I'm not anyone's side.

Btw, when it was said they were brought back by "popular demand", what do the QQers think they meant? They were surveying by forum posts and world chat? Or maybe people actually buying/using packs? b:chuckle Ever figure that the people QQing also buy/sell/use/benefit from anniversary packs? I bet you most do, making them hypocrites.

You can still benefit from them and not like them/think the game would be better off without them. PWI put them right in front of our faces, and made them connected to almost everything in the game. How, then, are we supposed to not benefit? When I buy subs on my veno-- something I've been doing since before anni packs-- am I being a hypocrite? When I buy a tele to wish a faction I support good luck in TW--once again something I've done since before anni packs-- I'm a hypocrite?

And those that are doing more than that, that are making money off of them-- they're hypocrites for going, "wtf, hey, these are messing up the economy... my old ways of making money aren't working, I need to find a new one to be able to play the game like I used to."? (I'm personally not.)

What are we SUPPOSED to do? Not purchase anything to do with anni packs? No subs? No teles? No MP/HP food? No *enter useful thing from anni packs here*? I suppose that you can't buy made lunar gear now right? Because, omg, it might be from the anni packs, and you don't wanna be a hypocrite!

The massive inflation is causing us to do SOMETHING to keep up. What do you want, everyone who doesn't like the anni packs to ban everything they're connected to?

Nice plan. All along you wanted all the anni pack haters to leave the game outta boredom, right? b:chuckle
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I cant believe how you peeps miss the point jeez...b:surrender
    b:dirty
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Have you wondered why it's the same few people merchanting event items and tokens?

Or how tokens prices were steadily going up last 2 weeks despite the fact that it was not anywhere close to December? If everyone is buying anniv packs, if the majority of the server are buying this stuff, tokens prices shouldn't be going up. I think it's a few rich ones on the server that are really buying most of the packs, they get all their gear and rank; now the packs aren't being bought as much.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Arabic - Lost City
    Arabic - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Sooooo... what's gonna happen THIS week, huh? -_- Are we going to be ignored again?

*continues twiddling thumbs*

Never ask this question again ... We never got ignored .... b:chuckle ... SUre we will be , they dont care abotu their members , THey want $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You can still benefit from them and not like them/think the game would be better off without them. PWI put them right in front of our faces, and made them connected to almost everything in the game. How, then, are we supposed to not benefit? When I buy subs on my veno-- something I've been doing since before anni packs-- am I being a hypocrite? When I buy a tele to wish a faction I support good luck in TW--once again something I've done since before anni packs-- I'm a hypocrite?

And those that are doing more than that, that are making money off of them-- they're hypocrites for going, "wtf, hey, these are messing up the economy... my old ways of making money aren't working, I need to find a new one to be able to play the game like I used to."? (I'm personally not.)

What are we SUPPOSED to do? Not purchase anything to do with anni packs? No subs? No teles? No MP/HP food? No *enter useful thing from anni packs here*? I suppose that you can't buy made lunar gear now right? Because, omg, it might be from the anni packs, and you don't wanna be a hypocrite!

The massive inflation is causing us to do SOMETHING to keep up. What do you want, everyone who doesn't like the anni packs to ban everything they're connected to?

Nice plan. All along you wanted all the anni pack haters to leave the game outta boredom, right? b:chuckle
    You're likely able to afford more subs because they are lower thanks to anniversary packs, along with tons of other stuff like citrines/garnets/sapphires, jiaozi/sesame, and I can keep going down the list. You could always just combine them via jewelcrafting if the packs goes against your morals. You could always farm mats and get subs through the forge without paying the low anniversary pack prices. However, to choose the route you complain about is indeed utter hypocrisy -- sans the extreme "ban everything they're connected to" rationale. These are perfectly viable alternatives if you really do despise packs.
    Have you wondered why it's the same few people merchanting event items and tokens?

Or how tokens prices were steadily going up last 2 weeks despite the fact that it was not anywhere close to December? If everyone is buying anniv packs, if the majority of the server are buying this stuff, tokens prices shouldn't be going up. I think it's a few rich ones on the server that are really buying most of the packs, they get all their gear and rank; now the packs aren't being bought as much.
    These same few people have a lot of catshops. Hell, half of em sell at a ridiculous rate and I never see their count go down at all. It's those who want to make more of an immediate/small profit per token that price tokens reasonably.

And token prices should be going up if, when they raise the price, people keep buying them. That is what you don't get. Prices should be what people will pay for them, that is how it's been and always will be with currency of any sort and paying for virtual goods.

If a desperate person who wants to sell comes along and undercuts the price, there will sometimes be more competition and lower prices (especially if they have like thousand upon thousands of tokens). If most/all sellers stick to higher prices, the likelihood of people buying tokens at a higher prices is slightly less likely but still will be a market for it and thus keeps the prices up. If you notice, before the end of each anni pack sale, token prices skyrocketed. Why? They knew people would buy them anyways, despite a higher price. Economics in this game isn't tough to follow, it just takes objectively paying attention instead of going on about the "should be's".
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    can we have a 50% anniv. pack sale? b:shutup rofl
    Im in dire need of tokens and cant find any now xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    if what you said was true, then token prices should've stayed at 18k at the start of the 2nd anniversary comeback, but it dropped to 15k. if some desperate person sells for low, then he gets emptied out almost immediately.

By the end of the events, the token prices go higher because people expect them to be gone. i don't know how you don't see a connection between the amount, or at least, expected amount of tokens on the server and the price of tokens.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Statistics? Every try selling anni packs? Tokens? Gold? You can test this out yourself the demand for these things but instead you choose to selectively nitpick your sources of an extremely vocal minority opposed to the active majority. This sounds like those who've spotted aliens just because they've talked to somebody who has and because all they do is hang around or listen to those who say the same thing. This much is clear. The "majority" are doing. The "minority" are busy whining here. Put two and two together.

I never said demand isn't there, and I have been selling them. Sell about 100 packs a day, buying and selling from the gold trader making money off them. Interesting fact, most of the time my whole stock gets sold to one person. Demand for them does not equal likeness from them, contrary to your belief. People practically have to buy them(or off products from them) just to get buy comfortably, as they are currently the only item in the cash shop worth the inflated gold price. Buying to survive and liking are two different beasts.

(----I'll be surprised if you bother reading past here, chances are you just read the first sentence and Auto-reply something about being a hypocrite---)

As for nitpicking my resources, saying that would be like me saying that YOU are nitpicking YOUR resources, its an argument without merit or proof. It's not like, I'm trying to find people with a common belief and ignoring everyone else and citing just those people with said belief. I play the damn game too, talk to hundreds of people daily and am trying to casually post my concerns on a DISCUSSION thread, where you seem to be going out of your way to attack anyone who doesn't have the same beliefs as your own. You CAN be sick of something and still buy it, did you know that?

Yes upset people will be more vocal then non-upset people, but I've never seen the forums this active with complaints then it is now, and that sure says something. Your also the only one bringing up majority and minority, which you're also pulling the positioning out of your ****. (If you basing it off complaints/ vs people not complaining.. theres plenty of people who don't like them who haven't posted, with no way of you know which side is the majority/minority)

Your the one fluffing your post with majority/minority and aliens talk, while we're posting valid arguments(some of us anyways, there's lots of fluff posters on this side of the argument who don't know wtf they are talking about too) trying to have a "discussion".
    if what you said was true, then token prices should've stayed at 18k at the start of the 2nd anniversary comeback, but it dropped to 15k. if some desperate person sells for low, then he gets emptied out almost immediately.

By the end of the events, the token prices go higher because people expect them to be gone. i don't know how you don't see a connection between the amount, or at least, expected amount of tokens on the server and the price of tokens.

A few people monopolize the token and Anni pack market, and buy up anyone cheaper, making an illusion of demand and raising gold prices. Or thats how HT is going~
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    A few people monopolize the token and Anni pack market, and buy up anyone cheaper, making an illusion of demand and raising gold prices. Or thats how HT is going~

exactly, but what i'm saying is that this would not be possible if tokens continue to flow in as they did at the beginning of this event. the fact that the only tokens left are more expensive now means that people are buying less packs in general
    edited November 2009
    Options
    exactly, but what i'm saying is that this would not be possible if tokens continue to flow in as they did at the beginning of this event. the fact that the only tokens left are more expensive now means that people are buying less packs in general
    They are likely getting ready to cash out, to jack up prices 5fold when packs leave. Dont want to risk "losing" some of thier stock for a lower price then said '5fold' number.

Probably also getting sick of them, and with thanksgiving coming dont wanna deal with restocking, so they sell it for a higher price, so they sell slower to keep hold of majoirty of stock. (domino effect, competitors yell omg VendorA raised prices, somethings going on with the market ***VendorB matches the higher price***) Heck when my competitors raise thier prices, I raise mine. Squeezin' every penny.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I never said demand isn't there, and I have been selling them. Sell about 100 packs a day, buying and selling from the gold trader making money off them. Interesting fact, most of the time my whole stock gets sold to one person. Demand for them does not equal likeness from them, contrary to your belief. People practically have to buy them(or off products from them) just to get buy comfortably, as they are currently the only item in the cash shop worth the inflated gold price. Buying to survive and liking are two different beasts.

(----I'll be surprised if you bother reading past here, chances are you just read the first sentence and Auto-reply something about being a hypocrite---)

As for nitpicking my resources, saying that would be like me saying that YOU are nitpicking YOUR resources, its an argument without merit or proof. It's not like, I'm trying to find people with a common belief and ignoring everyone else and citing just those people with said belief. I play the damn game too, talk to hundreds of people daily and am trying to casually post my concerns on a DISCUSSION thread, where you seem to be going out of your way to attack anyone who doesn't have the same beliefs as your own. You CAN be sick of something and still buy it, did you know that?

Yes upset people will be more vocal then non-upset people, but I've never seen the forums this active with complaints then it is now, and that sure says something. Your also the only one bringing up majority and minority, which you're also pulling the positioning out of your ****. (If you basing it off complaints/ vs people not complaining.. theres plenty of people who don't like them who haven't posted, with no way of you know which side is the majority/minority)

Your the one fluffing your post with majority/minority and aliens talk, while we're posting valid arguments(some of us anyways, there's lots of fluff posters on this side of the argument who don't know wtf they are talking about too) trying to have a "discussion".

Wow, you actually note that the demand is there, because you are selling assloads of packs and tokens, then turn around and say it's not what people want and cite the forum yet again? This is the delusional nonsense I refer to. You are also one of those people banking on anni packs AND complaining, so a hypocrite as well as delusional. There is no better way to gauge interest in anniversary packs than by the demand for them, i.e. sales -- you know this, I know this. Forums and teles/wc are the worst possible way, but despite selling them and seeing for yourself, you choose (i.e. nitpick) the astoundingly dumb route. How wonderful for you. That is quite hilarious. b:chuckle
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    On this point, you and I can agree.

I personally don't think the packs make for balanced game design, but as I posted awhile back, a brief survey of my friends revealed to me that only a minority have the same belief that I do.

The majority either like them or else are relatively clueless about what they mean, or both. For example, I have friends who love the packs yet hate high Gold prices, but when I try to explain to them that the two are connected I get blank stares back. To them, they'd rather blame "greedy Gold sellers" for the higher prices, rather than accept some responsibility themselves.

Likewise, I agree with you that there are plenty of people who say, "they're bad for the game!" when what they really mean is "they're bad for how I play!"

For example, I have a friend who hates the packs because he now can't afford mana charms, yet when I point out to him that mana-pots are more effective and cheaper than mana charms, thanks to the packs, I get that same blank stare. He thinks the packs are to blame for what is really just his own inability to adjust how he plays the game.

Overall, I personally benefit greatly from the packs, so if they're the future of PWI then I'll be fine. But I do kinda feel like I'm holding more than my fair share of the Lego blocks, all thanks to the way PWI has chosen to shift the game balance by including things like the packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Wow, you actually note that the demand is there, because you are selling assloads of packs and tokens, then turn around and say it's not what people want and cite the forum yet again? This is the delusional nonsense I refer to. You are also one of those people banking on anni packs AND complaining, so a hypocrite as well as delusional. There is no better way to gauge interest in anniversary packs than by the demand for them, i.e. sales -- you know this, I know this. Forums and teles/wc are the worst possible way, but despite selling them and seeing for yourself, you choose (i.e. nitpick) the astoundingly dumb route. How wonderful for you. That is quite hilarious. b:chuckle
    Demand and buying doesn't necessarily equal liking.

ie) I don't like eating, but I damn need food to live
    Not gonna stop buying it just because I don't like it

I'm complaining because in my opinion, the way things were before was better, which is the whole point of this discussion. Your mindset seems to be that the only ones who don't like them are the ones being vocal(WC and forums), just because they aren't vocal doesn't mean they like them though.

I don't have to like something to make money off of it(people do this all the time irl, having a job for instance lol), and stopping myself from making money off them wont solve anything, except leave me broke. This discussion wont get rid of them, boycotting wont get rid of them, they'll be gone when they are gone(more so now that we have an end date) so use them while they are here, and I do(again that doesn't mean I like them, I would rather them not be there and me not sell them).

Was just saying, chill out.. you don't need to be an **** to someone because they don't like them and cover your ears yelling 'NANNANANA I cant hear you, hypocritical QQfodder minority' I don't care that you like them, and I'm glad theres someone who likes them in this discussion thread, and I wish there were more in here discussing it, I can see why some would like them. Though the ones who are here that do like it are just calling people names like we're still in kindergarten. Ignore the majority/minority bullcrap and let people discuss.

side-note: My cite of the forums in my previous post was more of an add on, not in reference to the packs specifically(ie. more complaints then normal is bad[common sense here, and you can be sure they notice], since forums are supposed to be a happy fun place /sarcasm)and probably should not have been brought up.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Demand and buying doesn't necessarily equal liking.

ie) I don't like eating, but I damn need food to live
    Not gonna stop buying it just because I don't like it

I'm complaining because in my opinion, the way things were before was better, which is the whole point of this discussion. Your mindset seems to be that the only ones who don't like them are the ones being vocal(WC and forums), just because they aren't vocal doesn't mean they like them though.

I don't have to like something to make money off of it(people do this all the time irl, having a job for instance lol), and stopping myself from making money off them wont solve anything, except leave me broke. This discussion wont get rid of them, boycotting wont get rid of them, they'll be gone when they are gone(more so now that we have an end date) so use them while they are here, and I do(again that doesn't mean I like them, I would rather them not be there and me not sell them).

Was just saying, chill out.. you don't need to be an **** to someone because they don't like them and cover your ears yelling 'NANNANANA I cant hear you, hypocritical QQfodder minority' I don't care that you like them, and I'm glad theres someone who likes them in this discussion thread, and I wish there were more in here discussing it, I can see why some would like them. Though the ones who are here that do like it are just calling people names like we're still in kindergarten. Ignore the majority/minority bullcrap and let people discuss.

side-note: My cite of the forums in my previous post was more of an add on, not in reference to the packs specifically(ie. more complaints then normal is bad[common sense here, and you can be sure they notice], since forums are supposed to be a happy fun place /sarcasm)and probably should not have been brought up.
    You have other alternatives in making coin, plenty of them, you just choose not to, then complain about the very thing you make your money from, and this is going to be iterated in each response now. There's really no way to avoid the hypocrisy here, and you and others should be called out on it every time you try to make a big fuss while committing a major double-standard, like everyone should be.

And really, comparing making a ****-ton of coins via anniversary packs to eating food? b:chuckle There's a wise suggestion to not have people point out this hypocrisy and give you **** for it -- don't ***** and moan if you're (by your own volition, not by having no choice) benefiting immensely (far more than most others it would seem, presuming your statements are true) from the very thing you are complaining about. b:victory
    edited November 2009
    Options
    On this point, you and I can agree.

I personally don't think the packs make for balanced game design, but as I posted awhile back, a brief survey of my friends revealed to me that only a minority have the same belief that I do.

The majority either like them or else are relatively clueless about what they mean, or both. For example, I have friends who love the packs yet hate high Gold prices, but when I try to explain to them that the two are connected I get blank stares back. To them, they'd rather blame "greedy Gold sellers" for the higher prices, rather than accept some responsibility themselves.

Likewise, I agree with you that there are plenty of people who say, "they're bad for the game!" when what they really mean is "they're bad for how I play!"

For example, I have a friend who hates the packs because he now can't afford mana charms, yet when I point out to him that mana-pots are more effective and cheaper than mana charms, thanks to the packs, I get that same blank stare. He thinks the packs are to blame for what is really just his own inability to adjust how he plays the game.

Overall, I personally benefit greatly from the packs, so if they're the future of PWI then I'll be fine. But I do kinda feel like I'm holding more than my fair share of the Lego blocks, all thanks to the way PWI has chosen to shift the game balance by including things like the packs.
    Aye, and there are some negatives too. It would not be inherently possible for something to be entirely beneficial or entirely negative with the great impact on the game these have. In most cases, the packs are good for players. However, it makes acquiring charms more difficult, as well as gold thru coins because people in game are willing to pay that much for gold, as well as buy/sell gold at that price. So really players are the ones who are guilty of gold prices. Same with SOF/PF. After the Jolly Jones event a while back that spiked SOF/PF prices from 2k to 3k on HT (I had bought my veno's herc when it was closer to the low 2k), prices should have gone back down as gold prices did, but they did not. Instead, they nearly doubled to 4-6k, and then came the anniversary packs. Things like this happen on a regular basis, and it has something to do with demand, but everything to do with just about all things sold in this game, which is, the value of an item, especially when it's transferred to coin, is only as much as people will pay for it. Hell, 6-10k SOF/PF still sells, so that's the right price for it, to the dismay of some. If your friends cannot understand how their paying for packs plays into gold trade and gold costs, like a few of mine do, to me it's pointless explaining it.

And yeah, I was doing some calculating on whether to buy herb yuanxiao or that platinum mp charm -- clearly herb is far more efficient at replenishing MP, and an MP charm is only useful for some rather extreme circumstances.
  • Cute_ass - Dreamweaver
    Cute_ass - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Personally the packs are the best thing to hit PWI. It has added new ways to better yourself and game around you. Keep them forever is my sayb:laugh
    I will not be used as a squeaky too
  • Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear
    Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Personally the packs are the best thing to hit PWI. It has added new ways to better yourself and game around you. Keep them forever is my sayb:laugh

It adds new ways to better yourself? Other than the fact that people will have to spend more time saving money, how does it better yourself and the game? o.O
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It adds new ways to better yourself? Other than the fact that people will have to spend more time saving money, how does it better yourself and the game? o.O

This is an example of ignorance.
    Better your self with cheap MP/HP/SHARDS. Cheap MP/HP == more TT == better gear == more money for some other things.
    And this is only a part of it.

While i am at ignorance, Janus proved ignorance to so many ppl in this thread that i must bow down b:victory
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i think shard prices were going to drop anyway. more wb hunting + flood of rbs

event food wouldn't be necessary if charms were still cheap.

all in all, people learn to take advantage of the event, people could've done without the event. oracle noobs abound.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i think shard prices were going to drop anyway. more wb hunting + flood of rbs

event food wouldn't be necessary if charms were still cheap.

all in all, people learn to take advantage of the event, people could've done without the event. oracle noobs abound.

Actually on HT even if the charms were back on 350-390k, food would be still cheaper then charms. Why? Cause charm ticks on 70% like it or not, while food you use on your own free will when you want to.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    like i said, people could've done without the events. not many were complaining about 400k charms either, and there's always other stuff that costs gold, like GAs, to think about.

it feels like the greater amount of money you make from it only matches how much things cost now.

example? i could've farmed 3 days for a mount back then; i'm not in the game much, let's just say i grind 500k a day

now...i sell oracles for...3 days for a mount still. assuming i make 2m or so on oracles a day...the only disturbing thing is that, notice i'm not playing the game to make money anymore, (although, maybe a lucky WB or 2...) grinding no longer cuts it.

i'm also going point out that it's harder to start out with high gold prices around. the only reason i can merchant and sort of keep up is because i started out with a fair amount of coin before the events. i can't do that on my alts. my alts quest and grind and can't pay for their lvl 50 hammers without my main backing them up. my main had +3 wings, a maxed mount by lvl 70...my alts...not going to happen. could they grind a fair bit of coin by 70 then merchant their way to wings and mounts? maybe...but no way they getting it by 7x. just looking at this from the perspective of a player starting out.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    People gotta stop bringing up HP/MP food. The level req is 75, so it obviously doesn't benefit everyone. TT starts at 60-- and a cleric NEEDS some sort of fast regen during instances like that. Herbs are up, driving up the cost of apoth. (farming herbs factors into the "I don't have a ton of time to play"-- specially if you're a slow leveler... I'd rather make a level a day than 100 herbs that I can't use because I didn't level and don't have more quests)

Yeah, if you're over 75, that's great. But if you don't have a ton of time to play-- I personally do, but, I level my alts so much my main hasn't even hit 70 yet-- you can't benefit from them.

It's just another case where anni packs screws over those that are lower level (or don't play a ton) that can't make 500k a day (or more) to support themselves in the game.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    People gotta stop bringing up HP/MP food. The level req is 75, so it obviously doesn't benefit everyone. TT starts at 60-- and a cleric NEEDS some sort of fast regen during instances like that. Herbs are up, driving up the cost of apoth. (farming herbs factors into the "I don't have a ton of time to play"-- specially if you're a slow leveler... I'd rather make a level a day than 100 herbs that I can't use because I didn't level and don't have more quests)

Yeah, if you're over 75, that's great. But if you don't have a ton of time to play-- I personally do, but, I level my alts so much my main hasn't even hit 70 yet-- you can't benefit from them.

It's just another case where anni packs screws over those that are lower level (or don't play a ton) that can't make 500k a day (or more) to support themselves in the game.

that's true, you can only really benefit from it if you have a character with a decent pool of coin already. otherwise the gold prices just makes it harder for a lower level character.
This discussion has been closed.