Jewelscalen description

Options
ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
I searched for a while but couldnt find the how often he casts his debuff and aoe.
Also, does he hit any tanker with physical attacks+metal (+metal aoe)?
Any further info will be appreciated^^
Post edited by ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    He's Chuck Norris.

Bring high levels and two clerics.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Searing - Dreamweaver
    Searing - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    His debuff is pretty random. Sometimes he casts it really soon, sometimes he's almost dead before he does it.
    The attack that looks like an archers metal arrow is actually the physical debuff. I think he only does physical attacks (normal and aoe), and no metal ones (not 100% sure on this so a second opinion would be nice).
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options
    He's Chuck Norris.

um, i have done the quest a long time ago and i dont really need him or need to help someone XD

just a secret (not) project of mineb:quiet

His debuff is pretty random. Sometimes he casts it really soon, sometimes he's almost dead before he does it.
    The attack that looks like an archers metal arrow is actually the physical debuff. I think he only does physical attacks (normal and aoe), and no metal ones (not 100% sure on this so a second opinion would be nice).

thnx for the info!
    he casts the debuff many times, right?
    because the way you wrote about it made me hope that it's an one-time thing XD
  • Searing - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options
    thnx for the info!
    he casts the debuff many times, right?
    because the way you wrote about it made me hope that it's an one-time thing XD

It's random. He might pull off 2-3 debuffs, he might pull just one..guess it depends on how fast he dies. The more firepower you got the better. Jewel has low HP so you can actually do him without a proper tank/cleric even.
    We used to do him with a 2 wiz + veno combo where we'd all triple spark and send his **** to oblivion in seconds. Pet acted as a momentary decoy. b:chuckle
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    He's Chuck Norris.

Ive done it with a 53 barb alone so its not hard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ive done it with a 53 barb alone so its not hard
    Same except that I was healing the cleric from time to time.

Pretty easy boss. I have NO idea why people are so afraid of him.

Instead of "bring high levels" it should be "bring a cleric who uses his purify"... seriously.
  • bugger04
    bugger04 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    He's Chuck Norris.

all you need is a bm with heavens flame and a sin with trip sparks lol. me and my husband kill him all the time
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    High level venos with a strong aerial pet can solo it, and so can a lvl 80+ pro archer (it really is possible). I solo'ed it with no buffs, or charm back when I was level 80 ish, but it took me about 10-15 min of kiting with a fast set of wings and hp foods. The trick is to cast winged shell before shooting some arrows at it, then fly away from it as winged shell is in cool down (30s).
    edited May 2010
    Options
    looks like you only need a psy willing to burn a bit of his charm
    he was hitting me ~600, 2-3hits everytime i attacked
    if i had a barb buff or a bit more hp i could avoid the charm burning
    b:laughb:victory
  • lost0716
    lost0716 Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It can be done with a lv 7x veno with a herc b:victory

use a genie or low damage skill to get jewel's attention...drop to the ground and summon herc...send in herc right away to get the aggro and then buff herc...the damage is halved because of ground to air attks but on the bright side a decent veno can keep on top of the healing and jewel doesn't take that long to roll over b:bye
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lost0716 wrote: »
    It can be done with a lv 7x veno with a herc b:victory

use a genie or low damage skill to get jewel's attention...drop to the ground and summon herc...send in herc right away to get the aggro and then buff herc...the damage is halved because of ground to air attks but on the bright side a decent veno can keep on top of the healing and jewel doesn't take that long to roll over b:bye

i was going to mention that but you dont even need a genie. just hit it and drop or send in air pet and drop.
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Jewel is really easy if you have a high damage output and know what you are doing. I just start attacking and once I get debuffed, I purify it with triple spark. He usually doesn't debuff a second time before he drops. This way I do not even get my charm ticked. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Jewel is really easy if you have a high damage output and know what you are doing. I just start attacking and once I get debuffed, I purify it with triple spark. He usually doesn't debuff a second time before he drops. This way I do not even get my charm ticked. b:chuckle

he debuffed me 3 times i think but the fight lasted 15-20min
    actually he did 2 debuffs very close and i couldn't purify the second with psychic will. but oh well, it's not like i was relying on my 1k pdef anyway
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Pretty easy boss. I have NO idea why people are so afraid of him

"Afraid"?

From a solo perspective, I simply know I can't do it. Database says 3600 damage top, and that's not including the "This boss has a debuff (decrease pdef)" part, which isn't quantified anywhere.

And as if that weren't bad enough... he's flying. Which means I have exactly 0 experience of how much I can tank. However, the Sawfly is considerably squishier than the Magmite vs. normal monsters --- I don't see why the situation shouldn't be the same for bosses.

Highest damage I've successfully dealt with so far is 3.3K straight --- no debuffs, and on the ground. Next will be a 3.7K top, but I'll wait some more levels...

Oh, and that's at lvl 73. I don't even know whether I still HAVE the Jewelscalen quest. Those random boss quests tend to expire before I can even think about doing them.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
    edited May 2010
    Options
    "Afraid"?

From a solo perspective, I simply know I can't do it. Database says 3600 damage top, and that's not including the "This boss has a debuff (decrease pdef)" part, which isn't quantified anywhere.

And as if that weren't bad enough... he's flying. Which means I have exactly 0 experience of how much I can tank. However, the Sawfly is considerably squishier than the Magmite vs. normal monsters --- I don't see why the situation shouldn't be the same for bosses.

Highest damage I've successfully dealt with so far is 3.3K straight --- no debuffs, and on the ground. Next will be a 3.7K top, but I'll wait some more levels...

Oh, and that's at lvl 73. I don't even know whether I still HAVE the Jewelscalen quest. Those random boss quests tend to expire before I can even think about doing them.

i read somewhere that it's -5k pdef. my pdef went to 0 so it's over 1k.
    hopefully it wont be over 9000b:chuckle

i would suggest to get him in a squad if you are not after the challenge and that applies to other bosses. of course it depends on how you want to play:)
    btw a veno said that you could lure him and have a land pet tank him
  • Searing - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i read somewhere that it's -5k pdef. my pdef went to 0 so it's over 1k.
    hopefully it wont be over 9000b:chuckle

i would suggest to get him in a squad if you are not after the challenge and that applies to other bosses. of course it depends on how you want to play:)
    btw a veno said that you could lure him and have a land pet tank him

I think it's a 100% physical defense reduce debuff, not a pre-set number like 2k pdef or 5k pdef. Level 96 Nix (over 9000 pdef) dies at Jewel after debuff. Herc needs more healing than i'm comfortable with for such a low level boss after debuff (but gets saved by the pdef buff it comes with).
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think it's a 100% physical defense reduce debuff, not a pre-set number like 2k pdef or 5k pdef. Level 96 Nix (over 9000 pdef) dies at Jewel after debuff. Herc needs more healing than i'm comfortable with for such a low level boss after debuff (but gets saved by the pdef buff it comes with).

yup, that could be true.
    is it possible to see the pet's pdef (never played venob:surrender) ?
    when he debuffed me my pdef in the character sheet was 0 so I guess it will show in the pet's one too

if you kill him anytime i would like to know what happened^^
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yup, that could be true.
    when he debuffed me my pdef in the character sheet was 0 so I guess it will show in the pet's one too

You're able to see your own pet's defense, attack, attack speed, magic defense stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Searing - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yup, that could be true.

Just tried, didn't see any change in pdef on pet after debuff. I assume it becomes 0 on nix since it doesn't have extra pdef buffs on its own. I think herc's extra pdef from buff stays, just his base gets destroyed (hence why a lvl 75/80+ herc can tank and a lvl 95 nix cant).

Edit: Just tried with cleric buff alone...got 0 pdef after debuff somehow even though i expected my base to get destroyed, but the buff bonus to remain..anyone know how this debuff works exactly?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hm i want to ask the chance of a 6x (bellow 65) barbarian and 2 cleric 4x at killing jewel.
    And some note that once jewel aoe it take both half of cleric hp. b:surrender
    Purify at those lv still have around 22m range.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Barb + Cleric -> Not a problem.

Jewels really isn't that hard.
    Not like mister eystalks...
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Description? He's big, mean and likes to crush unsuspecting nearby fliers.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Barb + Cleric -> Not a problem.

Jewels really isn't that hard.
    Not like mister eystalks...

Well yeah i guess it's just me lack of experience . . b:surrender
    The plan already sound good, guess just lack of practice and calmness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Description? He's big, mean and likes to crush unsuspecting nearby fliers.

me iz biggerb:chuckle

jewel.jpg
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    He's Chuck Norris.

He can't be Chuck Norris, only Chuck Norris is Chuck Norris.

For saying that you must die from Chuck Norris.. b:angry Lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hm i want to ask the chance of a 6x (bellow 65) barbarian and 2 cleric 4x at killing jewel.
    And some note that once jewel aoe it take both half of cleric hp. b:surrender
    Purify at those lv still have around 22m range.

Barb tanks directly, 1 cleric within AoE healing + purifying barb, 1 cleric outside AoE healing first cleric.

Quick, simple, and easy..... and yet most players nowadays don't even consider this.
  • XxIfritxX - Lost City
    XxIfritxX - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol if u on LC server I'll solo Eyes of Krimson and Jewel for u xD

didn't try to solo Mantavip yet ..but I might if a faction member need it O.o
    All my Goals in Life Turned to be Offside b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver
    ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This is funny, everyone is like this barney guy is SOOO easy, but when you first get the quest, you CAN NOT find a squad, nor is it possible for a full squad of your lev to kill him when you do get it. You gotta have higher levs.

Of course he is easy when your 90-100+

XxIfritxX - you can def do mantavip, but need a healer cause of the 2 vamp fishies with him, or kill them first ^_^
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    looks like you only need a psy willing to burn a bit of his charm
    he was hitting me ~600k, 2-3hits everytime i attacked
    if i had a barb buff or a bit more hp i could avoid the charm burning
    b:laughb:victory

its hitting you for 600k o.o

and that's only ticking your charm O.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    No, he's not easy to solo.

He's as easy at the level you get him as almost any other cultivation boss. (Harder than some, easier than krimson eyes)

As always, get a squad and you're good to go.

Now - that you can't get a squad? That's more of a problem, because he's one of the few cultivation bosses that a veno can't just idly squash as she flies past. (Well, not until you're 9x) (Again, well, not unless you lure to range of a herc, which is somewhat fiddly and possibly cheaty)