Anniversary Pack Discussion

Options

Comments

• BattleFairy - Lost City
    BattleFairy - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I am wondering if the lame GMs in this game will ever, EVER address the anniversary pack situation with any level of honesty. It only seems fair to the customer.
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I am wondering if the lame GMs in this game will ever, EVER address the anniversary pack situation with any level of honesty. It only seems like more QQ from the Non-customer.

fixed.

b:bye
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It is bias in a way. Most of the people on the forum are here to QQ at the anniversary packs. The ones who love em mostly visit the website only to charge zen, then go back to oracling.

ps. I has a prediction for when "______ packs" will be gone. They leave when duke nukem forever comes out. b:victory Should be any day now!
    While there may be -some- truth to what you say, in reality forums are generally visited by the games biggest fans and loyal members, so the fact that there is now a current influx of QQers, sure does say something.

Forums generally lure you in with positive feedback from the die-hard hardcore game enthusiasts, but right now we are plagued with negative. So the fact that it is the way it is at the moment means somethings not right.

ie) A few months ago, new people would come to the forum and ask: is this game worth playing? Everytime, everyone would say: Yes this is the best game I've ever played, or something similar.

Now if someone asks, everyone tells them it sucks and not to waste their time. That is, if the player even decides to post after reading all the negative on the front page.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    While there may be -some- truth to what you say, in reality forums are generally visited by the games biggest fans and loyal members, so the fact that there is now a current influx of QQers, sure does say something.

Forums generally lure you in with positive feedback from the die-hard hardcore game enthusiasts, but right now we are plagued with negative. So the fact that it is the way it is at the moment means somethings not right.

ie) A few months ago, new people would come to the forum and ask: is this game worth playing? Everytime, everyone would say: Yes this is the best game I've ever played, or something similar.

Now if someone asks, everyone tells them it sucks and not to waste their time. That is, if the player even decides to post after reading all the negative on the front page.

Bingo. There used to be a time when a very large majority of us would see someone whining about something, and pounce on them, everyone of us basically telling him in our own little ways to "STFU, and GTFO". We LOVED this game. We filled the forum with praises, filled it with suggestions, questions, guides, and advice. We told our friends, and family, and got them involved in this game. Then, it slowly drifted, as sale after sale after sale started draining us, and updates started containing nothing more than money sinks, be it real, or in game currency. Then, came some decent in game content. We got a new instance, and a new gigantic quest to do FBs without needing a tabber. Some people were rather unamused about the level required for the instance, but the quest was a very nice touch.

Then, came a huge change to the game. Frostcovered was being changed. To hoards of people who thought FC was too time consuming, this perked them up. We waited for the update, wondering what could possibly be in store for us. Then, it came. A HUGE update to the system, which, while it raised the level of requirement to do, as well as made all of our prior efforts somewhat useless, made it exciting and fun to do bosses that just didn't stand there and take hit after hit. But, around that same time, is when PW really screwed up. The packs came out. And inside those packs, what did we find? Gear. And not just any gear, but the very gear that one would be working for in Frostcovered. Some of us were outraged. Introducing a new instance, only to put the very goal of said instance in the cash shop? That was more of a blow to the face than when they put the DQ only mounts in there. But still, it was nothing we couldn't handle. Yeah, we were pissed about the situation in general, some people quit, and we let it be known, in no uncertain terms, that we were not happy, and when the packs disappeared, we were okay. Gold prices came down, the few sales we had were relatively harmless, nothing too massively necessary. And then, without warning, without notice, the packs came back, supposedly "By Popular Demand". And that is where we are now. What happens after this point will probably determine the future of PWI for several people, who are on the cusp of leaving after all this drama. There is a chance to save us all. Do you do it?
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Some FAQs about the arguements.

6.)I want Anniversary Packs to be removed.

I know you people want the packs, but are unable to get them. So you QQ for them to be removed because you know other people who have access to them will be better than you. You want to stop this from happening. -_-

i just happened to come across this and couldnt resist answering.

Anni pack users do get better endgame gear but this doesnt make them better at playing whatsoever. best example in harshlands I can quote is MURDERTRAIN a level 4x Cleric who bought lots of ani packs, made profit selling the stuff he got and today was asking for A LEVEL 90+ VENO TO RUN HIM THROUGH BH29 and turned away other people that offered help. he later annoyed people from Kingdom and got his guild wiped.
    this example proves: Anni packs /= experience
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options

Anni pack users do get better endgame gear but this doesnt make them better at playing whatsoever. best example in harshlands I can quote is MURDERTRAIN a level 4x Cleric who bought lots of ani packs, made profit selling the stuff he got and today was asking for A LEVEL 90+ VENO TO RUN HIM THROUGH BH29 and turned away other people that offered help. he later annoyed people from Kingdom and got his guild wiped.

Wait... Seriously? A 90+ Veno? I suppose said Veno needed Herc too, right? Man... I've been soloing that FB for months with nothing more than a Golem... Some people just really suck at this game... And yet, with the Anniversary Packs, they can just buy their way to the top. Which brings up the question of why he hasn't Oracled his way to 90.
  • Whiite - Dreamweaver
    Whiite - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

I didn't say they would be better at playing. I just meant that they will have better gear than other people = easier grinding etc.

So, since you said that Experience is better than Anni Packs, then why are there so many people still QQing? There should be no reason to QQ over if Experience > Anni Packs.

Why do other people need to care if others buy their way to the top? If you think really carefully, the only reason why people still QQ is jealousy. People are jealous that other people get to a high level faster/better equips then them through the Anni Packs.

Nothing is fair. So people had their time wasted, complaining won't make time go back. Instead of continously QQing over the same thing (Almost 200 Pages >_>) <- Which will waste more of your time, suck it up and move on.

Prove me wrong that people are just being jealous of each other.
    Learn to improvise, such as grinding instead of RB-ing since charms are expensive.
    [SIGPIC]http://i50.tinypic.com/2rgdgf6.png[/SIGPIC]

Sigh, lowered quality.
  • denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    According to ppl on my en servers this is just beginning.I asked on my en forums and they all said they got used to it, they had many kinds of packs so far.
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I didn't say they would be better at playing. I just meant that they will have better gear than other people = easier grinding etc.

Since you said that Experience is better than Anni Packs, then why are there so many people still QQing?

Why do other people need to care if others buy their way to the top? If you think really carefully, the only reason why people still QQ is jealousy. People are jealous that other people get to a high level faster/better equips then them through the Anni Packs.

Nothing is fair.

Prove me wrong that people are just being jealous of each other.

There's no real proof, and no way to actually show you, but quite of the few of the most vocal people I know could spend just as much money, get just as much ****, and do exactly what everyone else is doing. Why don't they? Because they recognize the flaws in this system. Hell, some of them are already to the point where they have a lot of the things you can get from this pack. What do they have to be jealous of? It's not jealousy. It's being intelligent enough to realize that when a game allows you to buy everything there is worth getting, there's nothing left to play for. I, and several people, could give a damn less if someone wants to buy a Rank 8 Weapon, and +12 it, and all his 4 Primeval Stone socketed Lunar Glade Gear, while using every Demon/Sage Skill in the game. Big deal. They bought the game. Now what are they going to do? Walk around in PK mode oneshotting barbs by sneezing? It would get old really fast, and then they'd quit, and take their money with them, providing even less support for this game. Yeah. We're all REALLLLLLLLL jealous of that person.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    There's no real proof, and no way to actually show you, but quite of the few of the most vocal people I know could spend just as much money, get just as much ****, and do exactly what everyone else is doing. Why don't they? Because they recognize the flaws in this system. Hell, some of them are already to the point where they have a lot of the things you can get from this pack. What do they have to be jealous of? It's not jealousy. It's being intelligent enough to realize that when a game allows you to buy everything there is worth getting, there's nothing left to play for. I, and several people, could give a damn less if someone wants to buy a Rank 8 Weapon, and +12 it, and all his 4 Primeval Stone socketed Lunar Glade Gear, while using every Demon/Sage Skill in the game. Big deal. They bought the game. Now what are they going to do? Walk around in PK mode oneshotting barbs by sneezing? It would get old really fast, and then they'd quit, and take their money with them, providing even less support for this game. Yeah. We're all REALLLLLLLLL jealous of that person.

Nah. I'm jealous.

GG

And yes, I wanted to claim Page 200 this badly.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    They bought the game. Now what are they going to do? Walk around in PK mode oneshotting barbs by sneezing? It would get old really fast, and then they'd quit, and take their money with them, providing even less support for this game.

I usualy agree with you on lots of things, but...

How do you know? As far as I know, that person could than just make another character and start all over, and spend twice the money. Or try to solo every instance, or whatnot.

Other games provide top gear and max levels pretty quickly, like the most popular MMO in the world. After an expantion, it usualy takes people less than 2 weeks to max out their characters and get the "new endgame" gear. However, they are still the most popular game, with tons of people running around with max levels and top gear.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Whiite - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options

Since you said that you don't care if people get end game gear, why continue to complain that the Anni Packs should be removed?

It's their money, not yours. Its their loss if they get bored. As like IceJazmin said, they can make a new char and start over.
    There's no point to QQ anymore since even after 200 pages, nothing have been done. If the devs lose the players, its their loss too, not yours.
    Do you seriously believe that if people say "Anniversary packs must be removed!" countless times, it will be removed?

Well I don't, so instead of QQing non-stop, learn to improvise new ways to get on with the game.

Edit: PWI will not close down anytime soon, new players are joining, and as I said before, only a small fraction of people playing are QQing.

Try to make a poll, only a few hundred people will vote, some may make random new accounts and vote repeatedly. Try comparing it with the millions of people who plays.

Sigh, lowered quality.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i've tried re-rolling different classes, but i havent got past lvl 30 on any of them. they're just not as fun as my veno.

with that said i havent logged on my main in at least a week, probably longer, and even longer has it been since i actually played. for the past month or so anytime i do log on i just **** around looking at the auction or talking to somebody. i have a whole pile of money here in my "buy gold" jar, and i have no desire whatsoever to buy any gold. i have no desire to even play anymore. theres absolutely nothing to do in this game at my lvl except spend money. and by spend money i mean both buying gold (to gamble with on anni packs -- total waste of real money) and spending coin (on dailies.. wq, bh, cs).
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Do you seriously believe that if people say "Anniversary packs must be removed!" countless times, it will be removed?

Popular Demand? b:surrender
    edited November 2009
    Options

ಠ_ಠೊ

I C WUT U DEED THAR.

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Only if the number of people saying that outnumbers the number of people buying packs. I am sure PW has those numbers.... (remember the all "PW set a sales record for the month of September" bit?)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Whiite - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options

The "Popular Demand" isn't enough. b:chuckle

Get at least 10,000 people to do that and i'll be convinced.

I doubt the devs will be convinced though.

Sigh, lowered quality.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Since you said that you don't care if people get end game gear, why continue to complain that the Anni Packs should be removed?

It's their money, not yours. Its their loss if they get bored. As like IceJazmin said, they can make a new char and start over.
    There's no point to QQ anymore since even after 200 pages, nothing have been done. If the devs lose the players, its their loss too, not yours.

Well I don't, so instead of QQing non-stop, learn to improvise new ways to get on with the game.

Edit: PWI will not close down anytime soon, new players are joining, and as I said before, only a small fraction of people playing are QQing.

Try to make a poll, only a few hundred people will vote, some may make random new accounts and vote repeatedly. Try comparing it with the millions of people who plays.
    Tbh, most people couldnt give a rats **** about players buying thier gear, and making uber gear'd characters. They already could do that before(albeit a little slower and costing more money), now it's just easier. The biggest concern has been about the economy, and how the anni pack has the most value packed into it, so it's the only thing worth buying, and thus causing a rise in gold prices(because the rewards inside are worth more then any other item in the whole cash shop).
  • Whiite - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Tbh, most people couldnt give a rats **** about players buying thier gear, and making uber gear'd characters. They already could do that before(albeit a little slower and costing more money), now it's just easier. The biggest concern has been about the economy, and how the anni pack has the most value packed into it, so it's the only thing worth buying, and thus causing a rise in gold prices(because the rewards inside are worth more then any other item in the whole cash shop).

Edit: Most people DO care about players buying their gear, well the high levels do. People are complaining that cash shoppers are getting end game gears easily.

Edit2: 2000th post?

Sigh, lowered quality.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Edit: Most people DO care about players buying their gear, well the high levels do. People are complaining that cash shoppers are getting end game gears easily.

Edit2: 2000th post?
    They do care in a sense that it's not morally right, but that's just one of the many many issues that these packs bring, and imo is one of the smallest issues, seeing as they could always just sell gold for coins and buy stuff ingame.
  • Whiite - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    They do care in a sense that it's not morally right, but that's just one of the many many issues that these packs bring, and imo is one of the smallest issues, seeing as they could always just sell gold for coins and buy stuff ingame.

You do know that I am disagreeing not because I think the Packs are a good addition to the game. <-- Which I don't.

All I am saying is to stop complaining and move on. There is no point to tell the Devs and Admins to remove it. Its been 201 pages, nothing happened.

We are all just repeating all our points over and over again.

Sigh, lowered quality.
    edited November 2009
    Options

Just like the American government! *ba-dum-TSSH*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2009
    Options
    You do know that I am disagreeing not because I think the Packs are a good addition to the game. <-- Which I don't.

All I am saying is to stop complaining and move on. There is no point to tell the Devs and Admins to remove it. Its been 201 pages, nothing happened.

This is where you're wrong, and here I thought we were in the 'Anniversary Pack Discussion' thread, oh wait we are... This is exactly the place people should be complaining and discussing the packs, whether or not it amounts to anything is irrelevant.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Guys, stop the "no complaining" rants, seriously. O_o

The thread is here for debate about the anniversary packs. If you don't want to debate just click back to general. If you disagree with someone then present a valid and reasonable argument. Some of the people here sound like little kids having tantrums because everyone isn't agreeing with their opinion and leaving it.

Spoons created this thread in order to encourage as many opinions as possible, including getting friends and anyone you know to post. Changes can't be made unless there's enough demands. Perhaps the players who have been shooting down complainers and further discussion should look at why the packs are still here.

It's basically, "We complained one or two times and dev's done nothing so everyone give up now and stfu"
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Are packs going to stay forever...?

(A nicer way of asking When are they going away FOR GOOD!)
    Moved to WoW b:bye
  • Nihillaes - Lost City
    Nihillaes - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    denesis wrote: »
    According to ppl on my en servers this is just beginning.I asked on my en forums and they all said they got used to it, they had many kinds of packs so far.

Truth.

From when the packs were first introduced:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4174632&postcount=31

Synopsis: Packs are the game. Make your time.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Truth.

From when the packs were first introduced:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4174632&postcount=31

Synopsis: Packs are the game. Make your time.

While I'm not disagreeing thats what it's like on other servers or that it may or may not happen, but we have to remember that other servers (ie. MY-en) are just licenced and price thier cash shop and present thier own packs+sales independant of pwe. They arent part of pwe, so it doesnt mean it -has- to head that way, since they are independant of each other.
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    While I'm not disagreeing thats what it's like on other servers or that it may or may not happen, but we have to remember that other servers (ie. MY-en) are just licenced and price thier cash shop and present thier own packs+sales independant of pwe. They arent part of pwe, so it doesnt mean it -has- to head that way, since they are independant of each other.

But thats the business model that PWE gives PWI and all other lincesed versions of the game. They show them these packs and tell them to sell them and they will make money.
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    "This box will be on sale from October 13th at 1:00am Server Time until November!"

Why are they still here?
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    "This box will be on sale from October 13th at 1:00am Server Time until November!"

Why are they still here?

Cos its still 17 days left in november to be milked.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
This discussion has been closed.