Money making for the new guys

Options
Erlosung - Lost City
Erlosung - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
So I wanted to know what i could do to get a lot of money. I'm not interested in getting rich quick, I just need to know how to get a bit to get my char into a good spot.
Post edited by Erlosung - Lost City on

Comments

• zaaphiel
    zaaphiel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Charge you CCard and sell gold in AH =))
  • Helr - Sanctuary
    Helr - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    catshopping mats is a decent way to get money. i mostly do the low level ones, its gotten me 1m over the past week. Check what other people are buying and selling for, put your buy a little higher and your sell a little lower. :D
    helr - cleric,7X
    Jaggerjaques - BM, 7X
    blackrobe - Wizard, 6X
    and several others :D
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I've been making 1m-ish a day for the past few days now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    electronic_credit_card_machine_swipe.gif
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So I wanted to know what i could do to get a lot of money. I'm not interested in getting rich quick, I just need to know how to get a bit to get my char into a good spot.

Here is the following
    1. Cash shop (easy way)
    2. Update your skills, grind, NPC dqs (good way)
    3. Farming mats and sell them (imho not really worth it)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Feruta - Heavens Tear
    Feruta - Heavens Tear Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Grind during 2X drops for startup money. Once you get 1M or so start merching. Buy low and sell high. If you have another computer set it up as 24 hour catshop, buying and selling whatever you think you can make the most profit on. Popular merch items are tokens, cash shop packs, d-orbs, mirages, and mats.

Good luck. b:victory
  • Armsman - Archosaur
    Armsman - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm barely making 1 million a day, so I don't really want to tell you how I make my money. Well one piece of advice I have is to start farming mid-grade mats ASAP. I don't know how it is on other servers, but on Archosaur the 2x drop rate is making people do TT runs like crazy. If you farm refined steel, fine lumber, rubstone powder, and anthracite, I guarantee you'd be sold out in under an hour (as long as you sell for reasonable prices). You might make more if you make them into ultimate subs yourself and then set up a catshop at Town of Arrivals.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    There is a decent sticky guide here....

Your best bet would be to farm mats and herbs while you do your quests and farm...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Don't grind to make money. It's not worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Set up a buy/sell catshop with cotton thread, logs and pig iron [you can use other low mats such as coal dust gravel etc, but the former three are in higher demand usually] next to a starter city's manufacturing npcs. Set your buy price higher than what someone would get were they to sell the mats to npcs, and your sell price can be substantially higher than that, if you're the only one in the area with a shop up.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Merchanting is pretty much the only way to make decent coins other than nirvana or farming TT99 for gold mats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Merchanting is pretty much the only way to make decent coins other than nirvana or farming TT99 for gold mats.
    Lies.

You were making ~5 mil before reaching Fataliqua in 2-3

Share your magic secrets plox
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Maybe not for a Barb, but my Psychic is extremely easy to grind with and make a lot of money while minimizing the repair costs. At 59, my Psychic can just go to Dawn's Cry Isle on the little island next to it (has only mobs that do poison DoT) and with Black Voodoo, I kill the mobs there in 3-4 hits, 2-3 when I use double spark. Right now during the 2x drops, I get about an average of 450k/hour, which isn't that bad. Only costs I really have that I haven't yet taken out of those profits are the costs for Focus Powder.

Some classes, grinding will be very efficient, while others it just isn't worth the time. Melee classes wouldn't find it very effective because they have armor and weapon repairs, totaling a lot more than just the weapon cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Yarly - Harshlands
    Yarly - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Why not, I make more money /hr grinding than farming mats or merchanting. It depends on the class i guess.
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well I grind in swamp for money :/ unfortunately I don't make enough from just ginding so I go all over from tusk to dream waver port, collecting herbs and mats, I keep the herbs that I need to lvl my apo.Tiger5.gif