Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    December 3rd you mean?

The removal date is December 2nd...b:surrender

...well, that's game, then.

Takin' bets on what the next pack'll be, and how soon it'll be released after the Anni Packs leave (if at all).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009

...well, that's game, then.

Takin' bets on what the next pack'll be, and how soon it'll be released after the Anni Packs leave (if at all).

There are Christmas Packs in the database, and there are Big X'mas Boxes...

b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited November 2009
    There are Christmas Packs in the database, and there are Big X'mas Boxes...

b:sad

ಠ_ಠೊ

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary
    Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If December 1st hits, and they're not gone, then I'll take it as permanent. Either way, there's gonna be different and more QQ-bringing packs in the future. Can't wait. ~.^

But Spoons has said the Anni Packs will be taken out on Dec. 2nd at 1am PST during server maint. So, you're telling me that since they will be there on Tuesday, even though they will (supposedly) be gone on Wednesday, that you are considering them a permanent item? b:shocked

I do not doubt that packs will be back at some point in the future. And I am sure there will be a new QQ coming even before that happens. But, honestly, I wish the Anni Packs were permanent.

I am sad to see packs go. b:sad I have been making lots of coin off the packs. PWI has been making a lot of Major Moolah off of them too. $_$ They got me to charge a total of $100 since the packs came out because early on I thought I'd open a few packs. I got two tokens of best luck and a platinum spirit charm. But that was before I realized I could make more money by just selling packs. And now I have enough tokens for rank 6. b:victory
    edited November 2009
    But Spoons has said the Anni Packs will be taken out on Dec. 2nd at 1am PST during server maint. So, you're telling me that since they will be there on Tuesday, even though they will (supposedly) be gone on Wednesday, that you are considering them a permanent item? b:shocked

I do not doubt that packs will be back at some point in the future. And I am sure there will be a new QQ coming even before that happens. But, honestly, I wish the Anni Packs were permanent.

I am sad to see packs go. b:sad I have been making lots of coin off the packs. PWI has been making a lot of Major Moolah off of them too. $_$ They got me to charge a total of $100 since the packs came out because early on I thought I'd open a few packs. I got two tokens of best luck and a platinum spirit charm. But that was before I realized I could make more money by just selling packs. And now I have enough tokens for rank 6. b:victory

Greedy.

ಠ_ಠೊ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I am making money from the packs also... already got 17 millions in the last days for doing nothing.

And I am sure in chishtmas there will be new packs
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
    edited November 2009
    Greedy.

ಠ_ಠೊ

Yes, ty.

$_$ <--- This is mah greed-sauce face.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I am making money from the packs also... already got 17 millions in the last days for doing nothing.

And I am sure in chishtmas there will be new packs
    You know what's kinda weird? Earlier this week I was talking to the guy I bought my Scroll of Tome from and he was asking me how I get my money.

So I basically just told him, flat out, right in public chat in the middle of West Archo exactly how to make a fortune selling packs. Two random people even ended up PMing me saying, "Thanks for the info!"

And you know what that did to the level of competition in the pack market? Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. There wasn't the slightest effect on my sales or on my bids for Gold.

In fact, I've seen the same thing happen before in the Oracle market as well, when I saw group of players end up publicly discussing how many 10s or even 100s of millions they've made selling Oracles, yet there wasn't the slightest increase in competition in the Oracle market either.

In other words, as much as people might complain about the greed of those making a fortune off of the packs, the fact remains that the sellers are filling a void in the market that others won't. Competition is the best way to fight rip-off prices, but thankfully (for my wallet) the people who are upset at those making a fortune would rather pull out their morally outraged hair than actually get into the market and do something about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • ydodo
    ydodo Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ah Warren looks like u r not just a math guy, but also a free-market guy b:cute Have fun making money b:victory
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I have just received confirmation that the Anniversary packs will be removed from the Boutique at 1:00am PST on December 2nd.b:victory

And will be put back in immediately under the name "Christmas packs" ???b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • _ShOt_ - Lost City
    _ShOt_ - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    But Spoons has said the Anni Packs will be taken out on Dec. 2nd at 1am PST during server maint.

hmm...

Funny, 'cause they said "Until November"

b:angryb:angryb:angry
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic] <----*sigh*... Summer... :\
    "Even on the most beautiful throne in the world you sit with your ****." ~Michel de Montaigne

Every individual music instrument is like a person.
    Every individual music instrument has a different personality
    Every individual music instrument has a different voice.
    Every individual music instrument has a different face.
    Every individual music instrument has a different dialect.
    Every individual music instrument uses different words.
    And the type of music is the language it speaks.
    There is no 'best' type of music instrument, and if you think there is, then you're racist, because it's just like saying there is a 'best' skin-color or nationality.
    Even though bass guitar rules all.

Heheh, I like the way my sig usually takes up more space than my post :3
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/return-of-the-anniversary-pack-7121

RETURN of the Anniversary Pack.

Game, Set, Match, madam. ~.^
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/anniversary-gift-box--6151

"This box will be available from September 2nd at 1:00am Server Time until September 30th at 1:00am Server Time!"

derp.
    I don't see where it suggests that it will or won't be brought back. After all, the QQing is about whether or not it was a permanent or temporary addition. Derp. b:chuckle b:bye
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    hmm...

Funny, 'cause they said "Until November"

b:angryb:angryb:angry

+1
    b:angry
  • _ShOt_ - Lost City
    _ShOt_ - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Argh, now they will get rid of it in December, and replace it, almost immediately, by some Christmas thing ._. ._. ._.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Edit: QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic] <----*sigh*... Summer... :\
    "Even on the most beautiful throne in the world you sit with your ****." ~Michel de Montaigne

Every individual music instrument is like a person.
    Every individual music instrument has a different personality
    Every individual music instrument has a different voice.
    Every individual music instrument has a different face.
    Every individual music instrument has a different dialect.
    Every individual music instrument uses different words.
    And the type of music is the language it speaks.
    There is no 'best' type of music instrument, and if you think there is, then you're racist, because it's just like saying there is a 'best' skin-color or nationality.
    Even though bass guitar rules all.

Heheh, I like the way my sig usually takes up more space than my post :3
    edited November 2009
    I don't see where it suggests that it will or won't be brought back. After all, the QQing is about whether or not it was a permanent or temporary addition. Derp. b:chuckle b:bye

I never said that it would or wouldn't be brought back. I merely answered your first question and pointed out to you where it said they would not be permanent. Funny how you chose not to reference my post that was in reply to Konariraiden. Derp de derp. b:shutup
    edited November 2009
    I never said that it would or wouldn't be brought back. I merely answered your first question and pointed out to you where it said they would not be permanent. Funny how you chose not to reference my post that was in reply to Konariraiden. Derp de derp. b:shutup

Listen to the lady. ~.^

...sadly, she speaks the truth.

b:sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i cant belive gm's wanted to keep this long after all negative feed back .... then again we all know why b:surrender
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i cant belive gm's wanted to keep this long after all negative feed back .... then again we all know why b:surrender

Negative from you, positive from 90% of the player base b:bye
    b:dirty
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Negative from you, positive from 90% of the player base b:bye
    OH NOES, someone has a different opinion them me, I better downplay his opinion with useless and fabricated statistics!!! Stop pulling numbers out of your ****. Just because you like them(err I mean won something?), doesn't grant you access to make up useless statistics. Heck, I've made a few hundred million from this event and I'm sick of the things, they've had their run and it's time to move on.

I've read every post in this long thread, and I'm sick of reading all posts saying:
    BU- BU- BUT, look at how many people are buying them!!!eleven!!1!!!
    Bottom line is PWI want money and these make them!!!one!!!1!!

Think about this with common sense, majority may BUY the packs, but that doesn't mean they actually like them.. maybe because uhhh ----they are the only thing worth the current 500k gold price point, so are the only thing getting purchased---- You can also be damn sure they notice other things aren't getting purchased, and it's also effecting their 'bottom line'. hurr derrr

Majority of people I've talked to don't like them. You and JanusZeal are practically the only people in this whole thread who like them and go out of their way to discourage people in voicing their opinion, with useless posts like the one you just made, and other various"QQfodder" references. Annipack-crusader for the sake of argument and in the spirit of pissing people off, or is it 'NOO dont take away my source of income'?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    First of all made 0.00000 coins from anni packs.
    Second anni packs brought me 12 GOLD MP charms for practically nothing compared what i would need to spend even if gold was 100k per piece all with in game coins.
    Moving along, if ppl dont like it why do they buy it X_X makes no sense.

Now i am getting a feeling you cant buy a new mount that easy now :\, probably thats why you QQ that much.

In conclusion, before anni packs you QQed about 200k gold and charm cost, now you get a better source of MP/HP and yet you still QQ.

Btw you dont need to have a new piece of fashion/mount as soon as they come out.

AND EDIT:
    Before you start flaming me, all of your reasoning of why gold should be 100k even 200k is flawed even more so dont start flaming cause you fail to see it.
    That is all
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Majority of people I've talked to don't like them. You and JanusZeal are practically the only people in this whole thread who like them and go out of their way to discourage people in voicing their opinion, with useless posts like the one you just made, and other various"QQfodder" references. Annipack-crusader for the sake of argument and in the spirit of pissing people off, or is it 'NOO dont take away my source of income'?

I like the anniversary packs. I wish they would have redecorated them for Halloween, and I look forward to seeing a similar event for Christmas & New Year, Valentine's Day, Chinese New Year (you know, the fake one in spring), and etc etc.

I just keep a general distance from this thread because it's where the GMs have decided to herd the naysayers. And seriously, "'people buy them but that doesn't mean the like them...' therefore they should go away," has got to be the dumbest... naw funniest thing I've read yet:

I don't like cars[anni packs] because I can't stand rush hour traffic in LA [gold prices], but I must buy one[them] because I need to get from home to work to the bar to the park to Val's house and then back to my place with some confidence that I won't have to walk too uncomfortably far [have nice gear that I would never have achieved otherwise, have affordable teleacoustics, plat. charms, MP & HP food, cupboard stones, and much much more].

But because I and most people don't like cars and the ruckus they cause, the car dealers [cat shops & gold sellers] need to stop selling them (even though the action of selling requires ready buyers); and Ford, Dodge, etc. [Perfect World] need to stop producing these highly profitable vehicles [anni packs].

Absolutely genius y'all... keep up the QQ makes for good world quest reading and stuff.
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I wish in RL i would get birthday gifts for couple of months in a row..
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You and JanusZeal are practically the only people in this whole thread who like them and go out of their way to discourage people in voicing their opinion, with useless posts like the one you just made, and other various"QQfodder" references.
    I think the thing I find odd is that there's about 20 different legitimate arguments that could be made about cases where people really are being hypocritical and nonsensical QQers about their hatred of the Anni Packs.

Yet instead we've got defenders choosing to make up arguments that nobody is making, then use these imaginary arguments to pigeon hole and mock everybody who doesn't think the packs are a good idea. Plus, we've got people demanding proof of various statements from PWI, then ignoring the proof, or else retroactively changing what proof they were demanding once proof is posted.

Personally, I see both sides with the Anni Packs, and I don't know why trying to have a balanced and objective view is considered "QQ", but I guess these are the inter-tubes and that's how people solve their differences of opinion.

I've made a fortune off them without spending a penny. But do they drive up prices and devalue the rest of the game content? Absolutely. And they've also made doing anything other than being a cat-shop counter-productive and pointless in terms of actually advancing in the game.

To me, overall, I'd say that's a sum negative. I guess that makes me a target for being labelled a QQer, but I guess I'll have to make do with the 250million or so I've earned off them to comfort me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    First of all made 0.00000 coins from anni packs.
    Second anni packs brought me 12 GOLD MP charms for practically nothing compared what i would need to spend even if gold was 100k per piece all with in game coins.
    Moving along, if ppl dont like it why do they buy it X_X makes no sense.

Now i am getting a feeling you cant buy a new mount that easy now :\, probably thats why you QQ that much.

In conclusion, before anni packs you QQed about 200k gold and charm cost, now you get a better source of MP/HP and yet you still QQ.

Btw you dont need to have a new piece of fashion/mount as soon as they come out.

AND EDIT:
    Before you start flaming me, all of your reasoning of why gold should be 100k even 200k is flawed even more so dont start flaming cause you fail to see it.
    That is all

Did you not even read my post? The reason everyone buys them(and only them) is they are the only thing with the contents equaling gold price. I dont need a new mount; I didn't QQ about charm cost or gold price points, and I'm not even complaining about the current gold price, nor do I care about fashion.
    I just keep a general distance from this thread because it's where the GMs have decided to herd the naysayers. And seriously, "'people buy them but that doesn't mean the like them...' therefore they should go away," has got to be the dumbest... naw funniest thing I've read yet

Wanna try rereading and comprehending what I actually said? Here, I'll repeat: They are the only thing worth the current gold price point, so are the only thing worth purchasing, so people buy them instead of other things. Yes they have nice perks inside, yes I'm making money off them, but they've also made everything not attached to it inflate, alongside devaluing coins.

I'm glad you like them, I like making money off them as well. Comes a point in time where it becomes overkill though, and this thread is meant to be a discussion, not a bash-fest.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    You know what would i QQ in your place? A Major lack in coin sink. Some NPC that offers something of great value and everyone would love to have it. Plus that its used allot so it has to be bought frequently, and yeah it has to be worth 100k coins minimum. And now see the gold price falling down....with that happening i get a feeling anni packs would be demanded back xD
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    And they've also made doing anything other than being a cat-shop counter-productive and pointless in terms of actually advancing in the game.

There's the exact reason I, and a large number of others haven't also made an insane profit off this event.
    Personally, I didn't join pwi to sit in a cat shop and play around with marketing all day. I joined to have fun, meet new people, try a whole load of new things, build up my character...and basically to, well play the game.

In the first anni sale I took a week or two and did a large amount of buy/sell, ending with a huge investment in tokens which I planned to keep and re-sell later. When AnniSale2 came along.....tbh I just wasn't bothered. I wanted to be leveling and trying dungeons and messing about with alts and having fun with friends. So I ignored the sale completely. And now I'm waiting for it to finish.
    My alt has nice equips/skills and is leveling well, but unlike my main who joined many months ago, has no mount, no fancy aerogear, won't be able to afford much refines, has no tome, no fashion whatsoever..... it really takes a great deal of the "coolness factor" out of the game for a new player.
    edited November 2009
    Which made no sense whatsoever. Gotta love pointless rants.

OH NOES, someone has a different opinion them me, I better downplay his opinion with useless and fabricated statistics!!! Stop pulling numbers out of your ****. Just because you like them(err I mean won something?), doesn't grant you access to make up useless statistics. Heck, I've made a few hundred million from this event and I'm sick of the things, they've had their run and it's time to move on.

I've read every post in this long thread, and I'm sick of reading all posts saying:
    BU- BU- BUT, look at how many people are buying them!!!eleven!!1!!!
    Bottom line is PWI want money and these make them!!!one!!!1!!

Think about this with common sense, majority may BUY the packs, but that doesn't mean they actually like them.. maybe because uhhh ----they are the only thing worth the current 500k gold price point, so are the only thing getting purchased---- You can also be damn sure they notice other things aren't getting purchased, and it's also effecting their 'bottom line'. hurr derrr

Statistics? Every try selling anni packs? Tokens? Gold? You can test this out yourself the demand for these things but instead you choose to selectively nitpick your sources of an extremely vocal minority opposed to the active majority. This sounds like those who've spotted aliens just because they've talked to somebody who has and because all they do is hang around or listen to those who say the same thing. This much is clear. The "majority" are doing. The "minority" are busy whining here. Put two and two together.
    edited November 2009
    There's the exact reason I, and a large number of others haven't also made an insane profit off this event.
    Personally, I didn't join pwi to sit in a cat shop and play around with marketing all day. I joined to have fun, meet new people, try a whole load of new things, build up my character...and basically to, well play the game.

In the first anni sale I took a week or two and did a large amount of buy/sell, ending with a huge investment in tokens which I planned to keep and re-sell later. When AnniSale2 came along.....tbh I just wasn't bothered. I wanted to be leveling and trying dungeons and messing about with alts and having fun with friends. So I ignored the sale completely. And now I'm waiting for it to finish.
    My alt has nice equips/skills and is leveling well, but unlike my main who joined many months ago, has no mount, no fancy aerogear, won't be able to afford much refines, has no tome, no fashion whatsoever..... it really takes a great deal of the "coolness factor" out of the game for a new player.
    Then don't catshop. Simple. Go out and farm TT mats, grind, etc. Don't QQ because you don't want to do what some are doing to make huge sums of money. If it wasn't a good tactic it wouldn't work. They invest lots of time doing it, and I couldn't because I don't have the attention span either, but it yields results which is all that matters.

However, I find it funny that you're basically complaining that it isn't easy to get a scroll of tome or some insane gear (none of which you see me have) by other means besides buying gold or knowing how to buy and sell things. It's evident people just love to hear/see/read themselves QQ.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Vast numbers of these things have sold.

Like it or not, a huge number of players buy them.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Vast numbers of these things have sold.

Like it or not, a huge number of players buy them.

1. Yes

2. Debatable

It's not beyond players to buy and resell and buy and resell if they can make a profit. A large number of players - if they can afford it - buy the gear that people get from the packs, but actually buying the packs themselves? I'm willing to bet a large number of players with all their awesome gear did NOT buy packs to get it, but bought from other players who did buy packs.

So the truth of this matter is that a minority of players buy the packs. Several of this minority buy them in bulk - to the point they are bound to get three or four uber items without fail.

However, the majority of players with money then go out and buy what the minority win.

Either way you look at it, lots of packs are bought. We just can't tell if loads of players are buying them, or if a minority are buying in bulk so they are guaranteed to sell.

This is just my personal opinion, but I know that I most certainly didn't get my wings or my frostcovered bow from anniversary packs. =) Rather than spend (what was, when I bought it) 40 million to try and get an FC bow, I just spend that 40 million to get the bow itself rather than take the chance.

Gotta love risk assessment
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.