Anniversary Pack Discussion

Options

Comments

• hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    What is this Anniverserry Pack anyway? And what is it doing to our economy?
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    While I'm not disagreeing thats what it's like on other servers or that it may or may not happen, but we have to remember that other servers (ie. MY-en) are just licenced and price thier cash shop and present thier own packs+sales independant of pwe. They arent part of pwe, so it doesnt mean it -has- to head that way, since they are independant of each other.
    I wish that what you are saying was true, but unfortunately I think it's a lot like saying, "People don't HAVE to pay 500k for Gold," and then calling for boycotts in hopes it will lower Gold prices. ie. -> it doesn't work in reality.

I think PWI has made it very clear they have zero interest in following what they players want when it comes to these packs. As much as I hate to admit it, the truth seems to be that yes, indeed, gift-packs are the heart of the PWE business model, and thus PWI is pretty much guaranteed to follow the lead of the mothership.

So in the end, I think this whole thread has actually been very useful. It's shown me that no matter how vocal people are, this is the future of PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    So in the end, I think this whole thread has actually been very useful. It's shown me that no matter how vocal people are, this is the future of PWI.

As you stated, it is similar to the "boycott gold buying", players may scream about it, but the majority of the people do like the packs enough to buy them, or they hate the packs but buy them anyway, or they don't care about the packs, but they will try a few and see if they get anything... or they will buy items that came from packs... In the end, PW knows how many packs were sold, and that really is what matters...

Very few players stated that they are against the packs, and did not buy any packs nor any items that came from the packs.... Most players either bought packs, or tokens, or shards, or teles, or some other item that the packs made cheaper, regardless of how they felt about the packs.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Oichii - Dreamweaver
    Oichii - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    As for the Ann Packs are concerned...

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

I'm glad I don't play Perfect World International anymore though I still continue to play Perfect World and visit these forums from time to time ^^

Basicly, QQing gets you ppl nowhere, either decide to bear with it and continue playing or show your dissatisfaction with discontinuing to play this game. that is all.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    But thats the business model that PWE gives PWI and all other lincesed versions of the game. They show them these packs and tell them to sell them and they will make money.
    I wish that what you are saying was true, but unfortunately I think it's a lot like saying, "People don't HAVE to pay 500k for Gold," and then calling for boycotts in hopes it will lower Gold prices. ie. -> it doesn't work in reality.

I think PWI has made it very clear they have zero interest in following what they players want when it comes to these packs. As much as I hate to admit it, the truth seems to be that yes, indeed, gift-packs are the heart of the PWE business model, and thus PWI is pretty much guaranteed to follow the lead of the mothership.

What I did say WAS and IS true. PW-MY is NOT owned by PWE, so any sales/packs they have, were thier independant choices and were not influenced by PWE, so will not necessarily come here. If they do come it is coincidental and decided by the higher ups. I'm just saying theres no predetermined schedule that they have to follow. PWI is owned by PWE, not licensed like these other versions people are talking about, all pricing and sales are completely independant of each other.
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    Homaru - Harshlands Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:shocked wow 202 pages
    b:bye
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:shocked wow 202 pages

was bout to say the same thing -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • donavan11
    donavan11 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:angryb:angryb:angry
    First post FTW! And honestly, this isn't a good idea (i don't think) People didn't like it that much the first time, so why recycle it?
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm just saying theres no predetermined schedule that they have to follow.
    Sure, but what I'm saying is that expecting PWI to not follow suit is like expecting a drug-addict who's robbed from you 7 times, and shown absolutely no remorse and made absolutely no promises to stop, to not to do it again.

PWI's actions have spoken loud and clear exactly what their intentions are. They ARE going to continue down the path of making the best items in the game available to cash shop users, probably by selling some form of gamble boxes. They've made it completely crystal clear that this is how they've chosen to manage and market their game.

Having said that, though, I still enjoy the game. I think in retrospect the only ill-feelings I have towards PWI overall is that I wish they were more open about their true intentions. It's upsetting when they promise something, but then don't stick to it.

What I've found, however, is that ever since I started assuming everything PWI says can and will change on-the-fly and without warning, the game has become fun again. PWI is like having a flaky friend who's reliably unreliable, but still fun to hang around with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    What I've found, however, is that ever since I started assuming everything PWI says can and will change on-the-fly and without warning, the game has become fun again. PWI is like having a flaky friend who's reliably unreliable, but still fun to hang around with.

Ewww, I would not have that friend. >>

Also, at the person that talked about 'very few people hate anni packs and never buy any of the things it makes cheaper'--> So we're not supposed to buy Teles at all? Or how about subs? Can't buy them? The Tokens can be traded in for so many items it's very, very hard to avoid them wholly if you want to actually start to be successful in the game. It's VERY hard to avoid everything related to the cash shop, really.
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    how much coins do these anni packs sell for?
    edited November 2009
    Options
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    how much coins do these anni packs sell for?
    They cost 1 Gold each in the cash-shop, so either $1 real-money or whatever you can get Gold for in the Auction House. On Sanctuary, that's somewhere between 470k-510k coins.

98% of the time they give 15 Tokens worth about 15000 coins each, so you lose about 275k each time you open one. But about 2% of the time you get something special that could be worth anywhere from 1 million to 150 million depending upon what you get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ewww, I would not have that friend. >>

Also, at the person that talked about 'very few people hate anni packs and never buy any of the things it makes cheaper'--> So we're not supposed to buy Teles at all? Or how about subs? Can't buy them? The Tokens can be traded in for so many items it's very, very hard to avoid them wholly if you want to actually start to be successful in the game. It's VERY hard to avoid everything related to the cash shop, really.

Of course it is, I am sure it was done that way for a reason. However, it does not make it not true. If you buy teles from someone that used tokens, there is a good chance that he will roll that money into new packs. So, even though you may not like the packs, you just "sold" one more pack for PW.

So, you like the cheap items, but hate the packs? Suck it up, by buying the cheap shards and other items that can come from token with in-game coins, you are "selling" packs for PW. If you do not like that, stop buying things with coin and use RL money.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Of course it is, I am sure it was done that way for a reason. However, it does not make it not true. If you buy teles from someone that used tokens, there is a good chance that he will roll that money into new packs. So, even though you may not like the packs, you just "sold" one more pack for PW.

So, you like the cheap items, but hate the packs? Suck it up, by buying the cheap shards and other items that can come from token with in-game coins, you are "selling" packs for PW. If you do not like that, stop buying things with coin and use RL money.

...when did I ever say I didn't get that? I was just saying, it's kinda hard for someone to find it 'funny' that the haters of the packs buy the stuff made from them. I, personally, wouldn't change what I buy just because something I disliked became an alternate source for it.

That's ALL I was saying. I get that what I buy probably buys more packs, but, quite frankly, I don't hate the packs enough to alter my playing experience (for the worse) for them. That's just... kinda stupid, no offense.

I wasn't trying to insinuate anything other than what I stated-- it's hard to avoid indirectly using the cash shop, 'specially now.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ...when did I ever say I didn't get that? I was just saying, it's kinda hard for someone to find it 'funny' that the haters of the packs buy the stuff made from them. I, personally, wouldn't change what I buy just because something I disliked became an alternate source for it.

That's ALL I was saying. I get that what I buy probably buys more packs, but, quite frankly, I don't hate the packs enough to alter my playing experience (for the worse) for them. That's just... kinda stupid, no offense.

I wasn't trying to insinuate anything other than what I stated-- it's hard to avoid indirectly using the cash shop, 'specially now.

That is why they keep coming back like a bad cold (By popular demand).... We can post about how much we hate them, but than we turn around and buy the cheap shard, which enables someone to buy yet another pack...

It was not my intention to accuse you of anything, if anything I was just saying how the concept behind the packs is so brilliant, and how people will buy them or affect the purchase of them, no matter what their feeling for the packs is.

It reminds me of all the celebreties that are all vocal about being green and how we all should save the environment, while they are wearing leather pants and jackets, driving Hummers, and flying around in a private plane....
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That is why they keep coming back like a bad cold (By popular demand).... We can post about how much we hate them, but than we turn around and buy the cheap shard, which enables someone to buy yet another pack...

I apologize if you took it personal, it was not my intention to accuse you of anything, if anything I was just saying how the concept behind the packs is so brilliant.

It reminds me of all the celebreties that are all vocal about being green and how we all should save the environment, while they are wearing leather pants and jackets, driving Hummers, and flying around in a private plane....

Ah, yeah, I kinda probably took it a bit harsher than you meant it. b:surrender

But, I can't blame the people that buy (what they already needed to buy in the first place-- my veno farmed TT before the packs came out... I'm not gonna stop my best source of income for my four chars) this stuff... I mean, what's gonna happen if people start stopping? They are going to lose interest in the game and quit, because the game /will/ stop being fun ('cause Tokens/Packs DO fund so much, as you've said).

With how much I still enjoy this game (my alts, as you can see, aren't even high enough to even think of charms/etc) I'd rather not take away some more of my enjoyment.

Either way... I don't really hate the packs, because, aside from the economy, they don't affect me (neither high level nor PvP, so, the gear isn't anywhere near me). I do think they are unfair, and should be gone... but that's just IMO.
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I have a question.. Has it been said when the packs are beeing removed or are they going to be permanent? I would just like to know.. Has GMs said anything?
    *Semi retired*
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Why are the anniversary packs still here? Havent they done enough damage?
    its making it extremely hard for us with little real money to play.
    on top of that anyone with money or luck now rules the game.
    this is so messed up... =/
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeadxScream - Sanctuary
    DeadxScream - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:angry anni pack took away my dream for a herc...get it offb:cry
    All right, look if you absolutely have to tell her the truth, at least wait until the timing's right. And that's what deathbeds are for. b:surrender
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lol over 200 pages in about a month and nearly every single post in in is negative towards the anniv packs..

yeah... >.>
  • lilalt
    lilalt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Why is this thread still open?
  • TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary
    TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lilalt wrote: »
    Why is this thread still open?

Probably because the anny packs are still in the game.
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lol over 200 pages in about a month and nearly every single post in in is negative towards the anniv packs..

yeah... >.>

You read each page? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    believe it or not..

on like page 152 or something you can find the convo abotu how the poll on this wasn't an official poll just another thread merged into this one..

anywho but yeah besides a few peeps who like to tell people not to QQ

it's mostly all negative
  • TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary
    TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You read each page? b:chuckle

I pity the fool who has to read every single post. (Does in Mr. T voice)
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I have a question.. Has it been said when the packs are beeing removed or are they going to be permanent? I would just like to know.. Has GMs said anything?
    Bump, my question still stands..
    *Semi retired*
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I do'nt think GMs have said anything on that... I /know/ the notes on it said "'till November". That's all we know.

Whoot~ I can edit it out. :D
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Another week gone by, another 40-50 pages or so...

...no statement from the PWE decision-makers...

...no apology for the packs' return...

...no definitive date when they'll be removed...

...no sign that they even give a **** about us...

......how many pages does this need to go on for before we're listened to? >_>

I don't know what to say, PWE. By the time Rising Tide comes out you'd better have your $#@% together or else there's going to be a lot of people leaving. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Aerilya - Sanctuary
    Aerilya - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't know why this whole thread seems to be so negative. Most of my friends in game are all positive towards the packs. Sure, they don't like what it did to gold prices and a few other things, but they love the packs and the excitement of getting something from them. Frost weaps are down, the lobster is a common mount (very cool one, but still glitched), razor stings are more common now and so cheaper, teles, shards, socket stones are all cheaper.

Maybe more negative people are on the forums than positive ones? idk lol
  • ROFLMAOMFG - Lost City
    ROFLMAOMFG - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I miss gold being 100k - 150k D:
    It takes me 3 days to save up 700k.
    At the going rate, that means I get less than 1 and a half gold every three days D:
    I might have to go play w.orld of w.arcraft...
This discussion has been closed.