test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Critical Cleric (Deistik's build)

Comments

• deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Added a line about humans having 3 more feats in that sentence - thanks for the suggestion!
  • shutemd0wnshutemd0wn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey Deistik nice guide using it atm :)

Just wondering what your defense is at though? I seem to be getting smashed by adds
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ~2400 defense. If adds are smashing your face in, the fault probably lies on your CW. Best advice ever: find a good CW, never let them go. True fact.
  • shutemd0wnshutemd0wn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sweet thanks.

My defense is currently sitting on about 1.4k, is it still worth trying to hit 2K or stick with crit/recovery?
    edited June 2013
    I'd get your defense up to at least ~2k if you can (defensive rings or something) so when adds come and punch you in the face, you don't die :p
    edited June 2013
    Cheers :)

One more question if you don't mind. What rings/gear would you recommend to up my defense without gimping my crit, or what are you currently using?
  • mallonslefrmallonslefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seriously how you can have those stats, so much crit and recovery with a high power and that huge defense.

I have 4.8k power, 3.6k crit 3.2k recovery, and a sad 1006 defense, and if i focus my defense, i'll loose all my crit and recovery :/

and i still use 2 differents set to get double 2 pieces bonus, i have a Ioun stone at giving me around 800 crit/recovery 700 power. All my enchants are lvl 6. So seriously beside the shirt and pants which are blue, i have nothing else to upgrade.
    edited June 2013
    Seriously how you can have those stats, so much crit and recovery with a high power and that huge defense.

I have 4.8k power, 3.6k crit 3.2k recovery, and a sad 1006 defense, and if i focus my defense, i'll loose all my crit and recovery :/

This is exactly the same issue I'm experiencing.

If you would post a screenshot of your gear or list some recommendations I'd appreciate it :)
    edited June 2013
    Post # 429 is a picture of the gear I'm using currently - also add on to that the runestones/gear on my Ioun stone.

Using a +defense in the Ioun defense runestone slot, and every enchant/runestone I have is rank 7 or higher. Ancient weapon set is also an extra 450 power!
    edited June 2013
    Ahhhh. Buying the stone pet now, cheers again mate :)
  • kyomihkyomih Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    I am still a bit undecided when it comes to defence vs HP.

I generally go for HP in the defence slot but I haven't done a lot of testing in terms of what kind of damage is dominant and what negates it.
  • mallonslefrmallonslefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well, its basicly the same thing HP vs defense in any game.

You can have 5000000000 Hp but you will still eat slaps at tons of damage, your defense will reduce it and that's why i believe that if you don't have a minimum of defense, i would say 2k, then don't go for HP.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am running this build on a Half-Elf, so for a non-human which 3 feats would you suggest dropping?

Obviously a non-human can't have 5/5 bountiful fortune and 1/5 cleanse, so that is one saved (I assume non-humans go 4/5 BF and 1/3 C), but what about the other two points? Since 5 points are need in the first rank of feats to access higher ranks, then 3/3 Greater Fortune and 2/3 Toughness seems sensible, but I am not sure where to remove the final point.
  • pewpewandqqpewpewandqq Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A question:

What do u think about Holy Avenger? Its okay, huge cooldown but after this "major patch" (tanks get more threat, and whole add packs on him, mabye (?)) I think the the damage reduction its necessary. Or im wrong? Cause I dont think the +% crit sev. its a "huge buff" for a heals (its like 50 max 100 heal maybe), but the damage reduction is good. No more 2 clerics setup (im solo healer, so im never do with 2 clerics) so "we" need more DR.

Correct me, If im wrong :)

** btw, Miracle set 4/4 is still bugged?
  • jango974jango974 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Deistik, what do you think of the crit cleric with the incoming patch, I dont know but I have the feeling that actual power and skills and masteries enhancing the heals would offer more heals

I've done some T2's and I felt healing less, so i first thought it was because of the AS nerf but then i started watching my crits, and it seems like my heals don't crit as my as they were on the live server.
    I thought maybe some issue with the crit ( i have 42% crit chance ) so my attacks crits, and it crit a lot, after astral seal, it does crit, but when it's about heal from abilities it does but like 1/10 time even less
  • yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think I've flip-flopped on crit builds again. Looks like Repurpose Soul might be the only available thing to try to bring our healing back in line with the AS nerf, considering how poorly power scales.
  • kyomihkyomih Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    well, its basicly the same thing HP vs defense in any game.

You can have 5000000000 Hp but you will still eat slaps at tons of damage, your defense will reduce it and that's why i believe that if you don't have a minimum of defense, i would say 2k, then don't go for HP.

The difference is that HP helps with any damage type while defense might only work against a specific incoming damage (non magic, magic etc..). That's the reason I said I did not test it properly.
  • ryusai2ryusai2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I currently finished whole Castle Never.
    11.5k GS, missing my ancient rings & blue belt
    I am using 2p+2p bonus with soulforged
    CN weapon & offhand with Vorpal enchantment

about 5k power 3,7k crit & 3,8k recovery.
    PvP I dominate things, PvE u solo heal everything without problem.

If anyone want to know more of my build just ask, its basicly same as Deistik but with my own magic to it
  • redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I solo heal 1 shot draco like 50 times a day thx to the new speed :)

But normal runs ya I just solo heal in my sleep, hardly ever die. I never wipe, even in pvp, I'm nearly unkillable.

12.6k not counting pet.

If you want to see me heal like an all-star <3 watch me on twitch, i'm usually on flyyyyyyyyy13's stream, i don't have my own channel yet

Seyfried on Dragon
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • xploitforumxploitforum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What equipment setup you guys been running on test shard? 4p miracle? 2p beacon 2p miracle?

Thanks
  • creezyjeezycreezyjeezy Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    I just hit 60 with pretty much this build and am wondering how it will fare with the new changes come... kinda expecting to have to respec, no biggie but wonder how people are making out.
  • robicekrobicek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi,

what i should add as each level ? STR and CHA ? Or what ?

Thanks
  • kunchykunchy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes you are supposed to put in STR and CHA every 10 levels since this build tries to max the crit and recovery efficiency. Not sure if it will stay that way since at least to me it seems the new changes are trying to force you to build power (instead of recovery), but i'd like to hear thoughts from someone more experienced. How will the changes effect this build and will str and cha remain the most important ability scores on clerics ?
    edited June 2013
    redeclipze wrote: »
    I solo heal 1 shot draco like 50 times a day thx to the new speed :)

But normal runs ya I just solo heal in my sleep, hardly ever die. I never wipe, even in pvp, I'm nearly unkillable.

12.6k not counting pet.

If you want to see me heal like an all-star <3 watch me on twitch, i'm usually on flyyyyyyyyy13's stream, i don't have my own channel yet

Seyfried on Dragon

Hey Mr. "im the best solo healer in the world". Yes, u have this status. Wake up Neo, ur not. U r just ridiculous.

WOW, u can solo heal the CN? YES, you are the best. I have more GS than you (+500) and yes, I CAN SOLO HEAL CASTLE NEVER. U can do a same thing, like me or other clerics. So, no, you are not the best <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> healer in the world. U r just a child.

peace.
    edited June 2013
    I would have said it nicer than that... but yea. There's plenty of people that can solo heal everything in the game (for now). Posting on my build thread how you're so great and people should watch you stream what most of us can do... I don't know what the point of that was :)

I've done enough on preview shard to say this build will still be pretty viable after patches, with a few small changes. Going to hold off changing anything until we know exactly what's going to stay and what's not for cleric changes.
  • ratjamratjam Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi deistik, many thanks for your guide, it helped me a lot to build my dc from scratch after having a bad experience with gwf. I just want to ask you one thing about gear. I'm actually using two pieces from miracle and two from grand templar for crit bonus. Why you suggest to use beacon insead if (from what i understand) power is pretty useless?
  • cameoftwcameoftw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would ask you why you spend feats at Toughess and not at Healing Action, is HP is so much important? i am human too so i have 23 feats
  • redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey Mr. "im the best solo healer in the world". Yes, u have this status. Wake up Neo, ur not. U r just ridiculous.

WOW, u can solo heal the CN? YES, you are the best. I have more GS than you (+500) and yes, I CAN SOLO HEAL CASTLE NEVER. U can do a same thing, like me or other clerics. So, no, you are not the best <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> healer in the world. U r just a child.

peace.

Do you 3 man Dracolich? Wonder how many people do that I do now. Guess I'm no special snowflake. :(

I don't even queue up as 4 or 5 people anymore, we just kick the extra 2 for better odds at AD. :)
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
    edited June 2013
    redeclipze wrote: »
    Do you 3 man Dracolich? Wonder how many people do that I do now. Guess I'm no special snowflake. :(

I don't even queue up as 4 or 5 people anymore, we just kick the extra 2 for better odds at AD. :)

Yes we do, all time. Dude, not just you can do it. Are u just kidding me right? Its easy as ****.
    edited June 2013
    If we want to argue over e-peens, can we do that in some other thread? :p

Thanks!