test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Critical Cleric (Deistik's build)

1141516171820»

Comments

• morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Guides like these are usually intended for people who are looking for optimisations: they're not 'total nub guides', because it's assumed you'll have a basic grasp of what's going on. The in-game tutorial is pretty extensive. You're basically on rails till level 5 or 6, and not far off it until 10 or so.

At-wills ARE your mouse buttons. There are no autoattacks: every attack is a skill. Left mouse button is one "at-will", right mouse button is the other.

Usually astral seal is RMB, lance is LMB, so hit monsters with one RMB attack to seal them, then hold down LMB to start firing off lances.

Later on you'll get other powers you can replace your default at-wills with, and these can be replaced just like all the other powers, by opening the power screen, and clicking and dragging to the chosen slot on your skillbar.

Powers come in various flavours: at wills (which can be used at-will, hence the name), encounters (which have cooldowns), daily powers (which require action points before they can be used: fill the yellow gem in the middle of the skillbar by healing and damaging) and class features, which are passive skills that do things like "increase all healing by 15%" or "give 6% damage reduction"

Eventually you'll have slots for two at wills (LMB, RMB) three encounters, two dailies and two class features. You can HAVE a lot more skills than that (and you will) but you can only have a select few on your skillbar at any one time.
  • cherosenecherosene Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Fulminorax downed:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-4KkyHqKZw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqyi4aS6608

This is a demostration how good is this build
  • powdershieldpowdershield Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    bump bump bump
  • nermilznermilz Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cleanse is useless as well as domain synergy, otherwise this has always been the typical Faithful paragon DC path.
  • xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have a question. I am running a crit and recovery build. I'm siting at 34 percent crit and 2600 recovery. I use lesser vorpal for now. My rotation is astral shield, sun, word, then astral. If the fight is large mobs I will Throw up hallowed ground. Is this the best for max healing at all times? Anyone suggest better rotation? Thanks in advance?
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
    edited November 2013
    Honestly, "astral shield on cooldown + astral seal spam on everything" is about the biggest contribution you can make, and if you're doing that than anything else is a bonus. Moontouched HG is nice, definitely. Most DC contributions are actually mitigation rather than flat heals, so take foresight, obviously.

HW is less useful as a "rotation" and more useful as an emergency top-up for stragglers. It's also highly dependent on party composition: If you've got a melee-heavy party you'll almost never need it, because everyone who needs heals will be in your astral shield all the time, but if you've got a CW-heavy party it can be incredibly helpful.
    Most of the time I prefer forgemasters (+holy fervour) myself, but particularly in boss-fights, I'm beginning to realise the advantages going full HW + divine fortune balls-to-the-wall healz can be.
  • xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So for a Crit/Recovery Build, what is the actual numbers (with Ioun Stone) to shoot for? If you have over 3800 crit (i am at 4100) but only 2600 recovery, should I start backing off on Crit? My rotation is Astral Shield, Astral Seals plus Healing word to quickly build both divinity and daily. And I build both very fast. I am at 37.5 crit with stone. The stone has close to 1000 crit on it now. I am at 35.5 approx crit without the stone at all. Its expensive to make changes and my first priority is to get a normal vorpal (vs the lesser i am using now). The way I look at it, my stone is giving me 2 percent more crit, 150 more defense and 150 more power. (Its not max level yet either). Any advice?
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
    edited November 2013
    Well, your crit is waaay into DR territory now:
    https://www.desmos.com/calculator/3dqpvhuavj

Admittedly crit has a pretty terrible scale curve anyway, but still: stacking that much crit just to get an extra 1 or 2 % seems risky to me: you risk losing out on other stats that would give more substantial bang-for-buck (like recovery or defence).

Getting to around 30-35% is reasonably easily achieved without major sacrifices, and that'll give you a crit every 3.33 - 2.85 hits. Getting up to 37.5 makes a crit every 2.67 hits, which is a fairly small gain for the 500-1000 points of crit you need. Mind you, while recovery scales marginally better, it's still not awesome. What's your actual RSI, final (factoring in stats and so on)?

Overall, if you've got all you need from the other stats, and you really want THAT much crit, then go for it (but power might be a better investment once everything is hitting DR softcaps, since while it's pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in general, it doesn't scale at all).
  • jilvix1337jilvix1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    update please
  • caelarancaelaran Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is anyone still using this build after the changes the past few months?
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    this is human str critical guide in beta, refer to other updated guide instead of this.
  • shiralacshiralac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have this build on my half-orc and it rocks.

Personally, i think it is the best build for a cleric. You get high heals and can do descent damage at the same time. You can also switch to full dps spells and do some high damage.

There was a change in feats and ther place in the fet tree, a few months back so that will be diferent from what is shown here.
    There is no such thing as Pleather Armor.