test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

still server problems ?

tobixnewtobixnew Member Posts: 40 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
hi I played a pvp match a few minutes ago where I got 2 disconnects and perma lagg. Is anyone else having still theses problems ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by tobixnew on

Comments

• Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I had several issues this morning, however, I have bad weather here today and would put it down to that, as well as a couple of errors following last night's server crash. Or whatever it was that happened.
  • Options
    rovadixrovadix Member Posts: 55
    edited January 2015
    i had 2 times "server nor responding"
    -__-
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    Unless you suffer a weather event that produces a power outage, the weather shouldn't affect your internet connection.

I was thinking along the lines of humidity and such. Though, to be honest, it's working fine now, so can't really say it was me at all. Think it must have been just a hiccup from the server.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    Unless you suffer a weather event that produces a power outage, the weather shouldn't affect your internet connection.

You say that but every time I get a bad thunderstorm my connection goes to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I agree it shouldn't, but if you're somewhere with crumbling infrastructure, that may not be the case in reality.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    You say that but every time I get a bad thunderstorm my connection goes to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I agree it shouldn't, but if you're somewhere with crumbling infrastructure, that may not be the case in reality.

This is true. Power outages may not be happening, but squirrels will chew on wires and cables where they can (and thus expose them to the elements), and other things can be affected by weather.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Doing pvp suggests you can get into game so count yourself lucky.

Umpteen timeouts during login.

Once I actually see the character select and try to get into game it's server not responding with barely any of the loading bar filled. Gave up trying just before lunch in the uk and seven hours later the best I've had was a few seconds on the SW which was barely enough time to move a few feet before server connection went.

Checked consoles and they're all fine and happy as is the pc when I connect to elite dangerous, path of exile, lotro and even D3 gives a decent(ish) ping once I'd taken the time to update it. Steam isnt downloading anything and nothing has been changed at my end since well before stuff died last night.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Doing pvp suggests you can get into game so count yourself lucky.

Umpteen timeouts during login.

Once I actually see the character select and try to get into game it's server not responding with barely any of the loading bar filled. Gave up trying just before lunch in the uk and seven hours later the best I've had was a few seconds on the SW which was barely enough time to move a few feet before server connection went.

Checked consoles and they're all fine and happy as is the pc when I connect to elite dangerous, path of exile, lotro and even D3 gives a decent(ish) ping once I'd taken the time to update it. Steam isnt downloading anything and nothing has been changed at my end since well before stuff died last night.

Connecting to all of those games means absolutely nothing, zero, zip, nada. If you want to actually test your connection look up the lag and dc stickied threads.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Closing as there are no known server issues (apart from the Gateway) at this time and th user has reported their issue has went away. In the future, please use the Stickies in Bug reports for connection issues not related to a service announcement. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.