test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What in the world did you do to the already OP CW???

joncansjoncans Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
2 matches in..Yeh I'm liking my increased speed while blocking (GF), and I really liked 2 shotting a GWF from full health with Lunging and Anvil (increased dmg is very nice). But low and behold I run into a couple of CW. Freeze, frozen, more freeze, my health is now at 20% in 3 seconds. I have 1000 tenacity and freakin 43k HP after patch for crying out loud.

Sweet, cooldowns are off, go to rush CW. Wow that dodge is fast, whoa another one. Dead...Soulforge...Frozen, dead.

Very nice work Cryptic. CW=gods. And any CW that jumps in this thread defending them, you can go somewhere else. I am so sick of this game, where it encourages ranged play. CW's sit on the columns and rack up kills while I'm bunkering nodes, you know, playing the objective.

Top of leaderboard=CW, bottom, GF who plays the game.

Great buffs to the crappiest class in the game for which I main. And shame on you for doing this to CW. There was NOTHING wrong with them prior to Mod4.

Been playing since last year, PVPing for a year. GF as my one and only toon.
BladeRunner-Proud member of the BlackCloaks.
Post edited by joncans on

Comments

• Options
    vader6139vader6139 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why am I not surprised. Some rather happy with their new buffs but unhappy with anyone else's? CW's have been TOTALLY reworked, just so you know. Almost all CW's have to redo and relearn. Obviously you faced some that already played on preview so they were prepared.

Today is the first day of the new mod. Learn to adapt and get over it. If you cannot then just continue to die.
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    vader6139 wrote: »
    Why am I not surprised. Some rather happy with their new buffs but unhappy with anyone else's? CW's have been TOTALLY reworked, just so you know. Almost all CW's have to redo and relearn. Obviously you faced some that already played on preview so they were prepared.

Today is the first day of the new mod. Learn to adapt and get over it. If you cannot then just continue to die.

Unless you actually played a GF and experienced something different, you don't have the right to rebuke the OP's claim about freezing being overpowered.

I was under the assumption that although CW's lost some DPS, their gains in control would be limited in PVP. It doesn't sound like this is the case, but I suppose we really need some more feedback.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I think Cryptic wants them to be OP for a while so the casual players stop crying after a few months they will be nerfed.
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    OP talking about OP CW's yet claims to 2 shot GWF's from full health...eff logic
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    izidius wrote: »
    OP talking about OP CW's yet claims to 2 shot GWF's from full health...eff logic

This right here.
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    joncans wrote: »
    2 matches in..Yeh I'm liking my increased speed while blocking (GF), and I really liked 2 shotting a GWF from full health with Lunging and Anvil (increased dmg is very nice). But low and behold I run into a couple of CW. Freeze, frozen, more freeze, my health is now at 20% in 3 seconds. I have 1000 tenacity and freakin 43k HP after patch for crying out loud.

Sweet, cooldowns are off, go to rush CW. Wow that dodge is fast, whoa another one. Dead...Soulforge...Frozen, dead.

Very nice work Cryptic. CW=gods. And any CW that jumps in this thread defending them, you can go somewhere else. I am so sick of this game, where it encourages ranged play. CW's sit on the columns and rack up kills while I'm bunkering nodes, you know, playing the objective.

Top of leaderboard=CW, bottom, GF who plays the game.

Great buffs to the crappiest class in the game for which I main. And shame on you for doing this to CW. There was NOTHING wrong with them prior to Mod4.

Been playing since last year, PVPing for a year. GF as my one and only toon.

I have a different perspective as to your statement about CW in MOD3. I coudln't be competitive at all in MOD3, CW was just a way to give players kills. Once I got full set of Black Ice gear and main hand that changed and helped my survivability but really not enough to make me competitive, granted I might not be as skilled as some CW but i'm far from a bad PVP player.

I have not yet been in a PVP match, since there is no free respect only feats i'm curious to see what I should do, my original plan was to keep my thaumaturge spec and see how it went. But it seems when I get home i'm forced to respec without even playing what I have first which seems kinda lame.

Bare in mind though it sounds like you were saying you were being tag teamed by 2 cw, being tag teamed by two classes that work well together sucks in general .... just food for thought. I remember fighting perma TR and HR PF in MOD3 and yeah not fun. Even 2 CW in MOD 3 was rough if they knew what they were doing as I met two that did Shard on tab and wholly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they knew how to move the shard they would criss cross them so you couldn't dodge them well, fighting those 2 cw solo or even 2v2 was rough to say the least.
  • Options
    vader6139vader6139 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Shhh! Remember this isn't about one GF two shotting a GWF, its about an OP PAIR of CW's beating 1 GF.

/sarcasm off
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014

Truly true.

CW whine is starting ! Soon GF.

Was obvious ! GWF is not the complain source anymore.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are still some issues to be worked out. GFs still have a buttload of bugs that are especially annoying while dealing with CWs. Not saying everything else is fine, but this should be noted when talking about this very matchup.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    joncans wrote: »
    2 matches in..Yeh I'm liking my increased speed while blocking (GF), and I really liked 2 shotting a GWF from full health with Lunging and Anvil (increased dmg is very nice).

But low and behold I run into a couple of CW. Freeze, frozen, more freeze, my health is now at 20% in 3 seconds. I have 1000 tenacity and freakin 43k HP after patch for crying out loud.

So it's perfectly fine for you to two shot a full health GWF but not Ok for you to die to a CW , yeahhhhh okayyyyy...
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    LOL@OP.. uh where you been. Everyone QQ'd and HR and GWF got nerfed to death.. and we kept saying CW is too OP. They like CW's and give preference to them. Just gotta roll with it or make a CW yourself.

Its fun times in mod 4.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    dantesinferno76dantesinferno76 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm going to fill my lawn with perma-froze perma-stealth TRs. WOOHOO! </runs off to respec and get ready for some fun.>
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    CW looks balanced to me. I am quite unsure what people are talking about.
  • Options
    kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    its a logical situation , you've faced 2 players (contolers) , what did you think ? lol
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    Truly true.

CW whine is starting ! Soon GF.

Was obvious ! GWF is not the complain source anymore.

Well one good thing about nerfs, Right?) Saying as nerfed HR.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I am looking for some funny gif to represent it, but not found anything ... hahaha
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, after looking over this thread and seeing how many posts I'd have to prune to make it viable...better off just closing it. Rule 3.15, guys: Live it and love it.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.