Install Arc
Options

The Critical Cleric (Deistik's build)

Comments

• Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nwrogue wrote: »
    So after the nerf, it's normal to have ~4secs of window WITHOUT AS yes?

That is correct
  • Options
    chimeran1chimeran1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This build does work, because I had no Idea about divinity mode at all, and soloed my way to level 40 no problems killing mobs 2 levels higher than me. Lol.... Never used divinity mode once, what a joke :) .... Followed exactly, used the men at arms companion, cause lets face it, the cost of astral diamond cat is ridiculous, like most priced things in this game. - one tip, don't waste your money on nightmare chests, I opened 25 and got bunch of green craft stuff and 2 purple enchantments, I do not even pick chests up anymore.
  • Options
    amaderasuamaderasu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have a question about your companion. If you go with the stone what type/level of Runestones would be best to help you survive and be an efficient team member?
  • Options
    hhmaniak1hhmaniak1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi,
    this may be a stupid question, since I play here for a week or two, but why do you have 23 heroic points in your build and I have only 20 in mine?
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Humans get extra feat points as part of their racial setup
  • Options
    banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Good info, as I am just starting a DC, god help me....my only complaint is the refeat at 60!!! Like mentioned above, this game <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you, steals your wallet and never offers even a kiss! Thanks I'll see how bad i can do at the start up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • Options
    solwrathsolwrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited July 2013
    I rolled an alt cleric and loving this build so far. Got to 60 about a week ago and currently @ 11k gs and picked up a stone, my HG uptime is probably around 80% but I have no doubts I can get it higher with better play.
    My one issue thou is I find it hard to heal those pesky wizards always running around the outskirts of a battle with FF/SB as encounters. I dont want to tell them to sit in close because that seems silly yet I dont want to neglect them. Any tips?
  • Options
    belkaizerbelkaizer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i choose thiefling and im lv53. Is there a mjor difference for not having those 3 heroic feats?? i respect to be close but my stats wil be 19 str 21 will and 20 char i think. i respect to be close to your spec. i always use forgemasters hammer and astral shield/ but my third spot wich one is better sun burst, bastion or healing word?? i still need to get use to target people with HW. sorry for the many question i just need a little reasurrance (because i dont want to rerrol im lv53)
  • Options
    veramisveramis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am trying out a new cleric build, I am kind of newbie though. This build is similar in some ways to Deistik's Critical Build and since I can't post threads I will post here first and would like some criticism.

Pincushion Cleric

The pincushion cleric is a PVP build, emphasizing survival first and foremost, healing secondarily, damage is near nothing. It revolves around the T1/T2 PVP armor sets, and tries to stack critical strike and defense.

Race: Any will suffice, but humans benefit from 3 extra heroic feat points and these last 3 points are quite important for the build which put them clearly in first place. My order of compatibility: Human>Dwarf>Halfling>Half-Elf>Wood-Elf>Tiefling>Drow>Half-Orc. Please note, Dwarf racial knockback resistance does NOT work against monsters because of bug, it only works in PVP as of 8/1/2013. Dwarf would be in sixth place if only PVE.
    Attributes roll: 16 Wisdom, 16 Strength, 12 Charisma, 10 Strength, 10 Dexterity, 10 Intelligence. Raise str and wisdom +1 every 10 levels.

At Wills: Brand of the Sun (I prefer) OR Sacred Flame, Astral Seal
    Encounters: Sun Burst, Healing Word, Astral Shield
    Passives: Divine Fortune, Foresight Foresight Foresight Foresight Foresight Foresight
    Dailies: Hallowed Ground, Guardian of Faith OR Hammer of Fate

Unused powers, but my suggestions for other powers to max out in situations where you have to solo, farm foundry, or be secondary cleric in team: Healer's Lore, Searing Light, Flame Strike, Daunting Light, Forgemaster's Flame, Prophecy of Doom, Bastion of Health, Terrifying Insight, Divine Glow.

Heroic Feats: Greater Fortune 3/3, Toughness 3/3, Holy Resolve 3/3, Weapon Mastery 3/3, Repurpose Soul 3/3, Cleanse 2/3 (3/3 if Human), Bountiful Fortune 3/5 (5/5 if Human)
    Virtuous Feats: Rising Hope 1/5
    Faithful Feats: Enduring Relief 5/5, Benefit of Foresight 5/5, Linked Spirit 5/5 OR Invigorated Healing 5/5, Moon Touched 5/5, Greater Divine Power 1/1
    Righteous Feats: Righteous Rage of Tempus 5/5, Ethereal Boon 4/5

I want to make a list of suitable equipment because the two PVP armor sets used in this build will seriously hinder your critical strike, and high critical strike and defense items must be chosen while recovery items minimized or you will be very lopsided and not do too well in pvp. Ideal level 60 equipment for this build, in order of price:

War Prophet/Cleric T1 PVP armor set or Prophet Champion/Cleric T2 PVP armor set
    Symbol of the Divine Emissary, High Prophet, Grand Templar, or Ancient Royal Priest.
    Icon of the Divine Emissary, High Prophet, Greater Icon of Blue Fire, Grand Templar, or Ancient Royal Priest.
    Grand/Ancient Fugitive's Necklace of Revolt
    2x Grand/Ancient Priest's Ring of Burning Light
    Grand/Ancient Slavemaster's Belt of Control for power/crit/recovery (I prefer) OR Necromancer's Belt of Undeath for defense/deflection

Enchant all offense and defense slots with azure enchantments, and utility slots with dark enchantments. I suggest just enchant everything with rank 4, don't try to get rank 6+ until you have your end-game gear and can afford it, defense slot>offense slot>utility slot. Lesser Soulforged Enchantment for armor should be sufficient, Lesser/Normal Vorpal Enchantment for weapon, suggest saving for normal vorpal since the critical severity jumps from 12.5 to 25% and is quite significant.

Ioun stone of Allure: Although this is a PVP build, I'd like to touch on companion items because again Cleric PVP armor sets make you quite lopsided, you get high recovery and no critical strike. Based on what I read in http://clericguide.com/485/ critical strike and power reach parity in 1800 critical strike and 4000 power, after which power is better to put points into unless you have vorpal enchantments in which case lesser vorpal makes 2200 critical strike about the same as 4000 when it comes to sun burst and healing word amount of heal. But for this build, the heavy reliance on critical strike to build divinity makes it more valuable than that, and if you use lesser/normal vorpal, critical strike becomes even more valuable when casting Sun Burst and Healing Word to build divinity. Unfortunately, critical strike does not benefit Astral Shield at all, so an argument could be made to increase power instead once critical strike has reached ~2k.

And please DO NOT put +HP equipment on stone, you won't receive any benefit in the stat.

Recommended Ioun stone runestones and equipment:

Offense: Profane (critical strike)
    Offense: Profane (critical strike) especially with lesser/normal vorpal OR Empowered (power)
    Defense: Eldritch (gain % of companion stats) OR Profane (defense)
    Ring: Abolethic Loop OR Minor/Grand/Ancient Slavemaster's Ring enchanted with Azure (critical strike) OR Radiant (power)
    Neck: Grand/Ancient Brawler's Necklace of Guts enchanted with Azure OR Radiant
    Icon: Icon of the Grand Templar enchanted with Azure OR Radiant

I'm not sure where to begin explaining how the character is played, but here's some key things.
    1. No you aren't immortal, and you can still die in 2-3 seconds against the right enemies or you are caught off-guard. However, when Astral Shield, Hallowed Ground, and Healing Word are all up, you can easily reach the 80% defense cap and heal ridiculously fast. I'm not sure how armor piercing works when you actually exceed the 80% defense cap which can certainly happen with this build though, so it is possible that using Silvery (deflection) instead of Azure (defense) in some defense slots might be preferable but I will leave that to others more knowledgeable to answer.
    2. It's kind of like pacman, when AS goes down, you very often have to dash around for damage immunity until you can cast it again. And when all of these effects are running, you stand your ground and Astral Seal and Brand of the Sun every enemy you see and spam sun burst/healing word/divine sun burst/divine healing word, whatever you can do to build divinity, so that you can cast Hallowed Ground again as soon as possible.
    3. You have four pips to help with managing your action point and divinity economy and it is fundamental to this build to throw healing words and when you have too much action point or run out of healing words, throw divine healing words, PRIMARILY for building divinity NOT just healing. The last pip should be reserved for divine AS except in dire situations or you are certain you can get 1 pip for AS when it is time to cast it again.
    4. Pre-emptive Astral Shield. It is the first thing you cast when facing an enemy. Very often in pvp, enemies will begin attacking with a skill that either knocks you over or does a lot of damage. You build action point fast enough that you can afford to pre-emptive AS even when you think you imagined seeing or hearing a rogue nearby using cloak. If you are caught off-guard with your pants down, you can easily die in 2-3 seconds. But if you have AS down when the enemy strikes, your chances of survival greatly improve. If you also get Hallowed Ground down and possibly also healing word, your odds of survival are at its peak and its pacman time.
    5. Stay with your team. You don't have any damage skills, you're useless by yourself. In fact you are less than useless by yourself, because you will just let enemies build Action Point and Meter, and when you have finally been knocked out of your AS, and HG is down, and your 40% self-healing rate is so pitiful you want to yell at Cryptic, you'll quickly give the enemy an easy kill score point.
    6. Sun Burst with enemies around you, and preferably allies too, the more the better because this builds divinity better. Sun Burst is your key divinity builder, use it wisely, and use it well.
    7. Divine Sun Burst, Divine Astral Shield, and Divine Healing Word can all give the Linked Spirit feat bonus, which stacks 5% for every person affected, up to 25% to stats for all teammates for ten seconds normally, but some people say up to 40% due to a bug in some circumstances. Casting Divine Astral Shield is likely the most common method of getting Linked Spirit bonus, but DSB will often be used for Linked Spirit bonus as well. The instant the spells are cast, the allies in the radius of effect will be affected by Linked Spirit, and contribute to its effect.

Let me know what you think.
  • Options
    veramisveramis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i choose thiefling and im lv53. Is there a mjor difference for not having those 3 heroic feats?? i respect to be close but my stats wil be 19 str 21 will and 20 char i think. i respect to be close to your spec. i always use forgemasters hammer and astral shield/ but my third spot wich one is better sun burst, bastion or healing word?? i still need to get use to target people with HW. sorry for the many question i just need a little reasurrance (because i dont want to rerrol im lv53)

I play a Tiefling Cleric and it is just fine, any class is fine unless you are really trying to squeeze out as much as you can in stats. Stats aren't everything, how you play and whether you avoid red on the floor is more important :). For this build, Astral Shield and Sun Burst should always be used. Then it is a choice between Forgemaster's Hammer, Bastion, or Healing Word. If using Healing Word, use foresight+divine fortune passives.
  • Options
    aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My biggest complaint (by far) is that the Cleric has no real abilities that relate to the class, historically. No turning undead (HUGE miss), and we're useless as a pair in a dungeon. I go into T2 after T2, and I see a CW asking another CW questions, or one "mentoring" another. I see the same with TRs, and occasionally GWFs. But if you go into a PUG and they see two clerics, people bail. Plus, everyone who's not playing the cleric loves to say what you should be doing. Yesterday I was told my build with a GS of 10.2K wasn't "really" that big, and I should tell people I only have a 9.1K GS. I've never heard that said about any other class. We seem to get beat up (verbally) by everyone, with no ability to learn from others. If anyone has a good link to all of the skills and feats, and how they work together, that'd be great, because I can't find one. It's very difficult to form our own opinions because everyone else has his/her own. We don't even get different powers based on the deity we choose. We're clerics! The fact that we have over 550 comments on how to HEAL people in one thread, that says a lot about what they did wrong with this class.
  • Options
    sitenesitene Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd just like to say thank you, for the information provided in this post. It's helped alot. :D
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    If anyone has a good link to all of the skills and feats, and how they work together, that'd be great, because I can't find one. It's very difficult to form our own opinions because everyone else has his/her own.

There's the synergistic feats/powers thread in this very forum, and a ton of information floating around (again in this very forum).

Mind you, unless you're totally min-maxing or going for something specific, you can pretty much take whichever feats you want and not be gimped. Just put astral seal in your at wills and spam on everything people are hitting, and stick astral shield in your encounter bar and use it all the time, everywhere, and you're already doing 60-80% of the necessary work.
  • Options
    pyridoxinehclpyridoxinehcl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    deistik wrote: »

Slotting Soothe will not stop you from getting adds on you. You're healing everyone for a ****-ton, they hate you. Slotting soothe will make it easier for a competent party member to pull those hating adds off of you. I refuse to spell soothe wrong.

Just so you know, "Sooth" is an archaic term for truth. While it does "soothe" the mobs (reduce threat), it's not spelled incorrectly.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just so you know, "Sooth" is an archaic term for truth. While it does "soothe" the mobs (reduce threat), it's not spelled incorrectly.

Talk about a spelling <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! You are "correcting" someone over a quarter of a year later and who, like many of the old beta Clerics, long since stopped playing the game...
  • Options
    b3rz3rk3db3rz3rk3d Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Talk about a spelling <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! You are "correcting" someone over a quarter of a year later and who, like many of the old beta Clerics, long since stopped playing the game...

What? His comment was very un-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like. I sensed no aire of superiority or derogatory tone, in fact all he was doing was informing us of a probably widely unknown fact. I read that comment from months ago while reading through the thread and thought wow, how stupid can Cryptic be? I can only assume most people thought the same way. Now we all know something that we didn't. If more forum posters were like pyridoxine and less like you, maybe we could make some progress with this game...

Right now my heroic feat tree would optimally look like this:

1 Healing Action
    2 Greater Fortune
    3 Toughness
    5 Domain Synergy
    3 Weapon Mastery
    3 Repurpose Soul
    1 Cleanse
    5 Bountiful Fortune

I think most people spec something very similar. However, I've been thinking, is Domain Synergy worth it? 5% of 3000 is 150...there's no way it's worth it, right? If that is the case, would it be better to max out Greater Fortune and Cleanse and spec 2 points into Holy Resolve? My health RARERLY drops below 30% even in PvP (currently lvl 53), so the 5 minute cooldown isn't the end of the world, but would 10% of a bar allow me to survive something I wouldn't have without it?
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Holy resolve procs more often than you'd think, 'specially in PvP. Admittedly it's not always a life saver, but it's always better than nothing.

I wouldn't bother maxing cleanse, though. It procs enough at 1 point, given that it's capped at once per 20 seconds. There's effectively zero chance you won't proc it at least once per person in a given 20 second period.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    So with our heroic feats sucking so much (Healing Action, Domain Synergy, Cleanse), now I'm questioning whether it made sense to pick Human as my race. The only thing a Human would gain is 3% more Divine Fortune gain, 3% defense (laughable), and 2 feat points into something rather useless. Compared to 4% more HP and 10% knockback resist, it seems Dwarf would have been the way to go... anyone else feel the same way? Is the hitbox on a Dwarf smaller than the taller characters? If it is, it might be harder to target a Dwarf who's running around behind or inside a dense group.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    b3rz3rk3d wrote: »
    So with our heroic feats sucking so much (Healing Action, Domain Synergy, Cleanse), now I'm questioning whether it made sense to pick Human as my race. The only thing a Human would gain is 3% more Divine Fortune gain, 3% defense (laughable), and 2 feat points into something rather useless. Compared to 4% more HP and 10% knockback resist, it seems Dwarf would have been the way to go... anyone else feel the same way? Is the hitbox on a Dwarf smaller than the taller characters? If it is, it might be harder to target a Dwarf who's running around behind or inside a dense group.

Yup, you're totally right. Once they made Cleanse garbage, the CON/WIS classes - Dwarf, Half Elf- suddenly become top choice choice.

Dwarf - easily optimum pvp class due to knockback resist, small size, extra CON.
    Half Elf - look great in gear, extra CON, extra deflect.

So, Dwarf is optimum healing and PvP cleric and Half Elf is equal choice in PvE.

Oddly enough, best PvE dps (and non-Tenebrous PvP) Cleric seems to be the Half-Orc (!) due to 5% Critical Severity + 2% Critical Chance easily outweighing a measly +2% damage bonus from WIS.

Who would have thunk it!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'd actually go STR/CON on Dwarf, so Half-Elf wouldn't interest me, but point taken. Arggg! I just hit 57 with my Cleric. Luckily the way the Human female runs has been annoying me enough that I'm just going to bite the bullet and switch. Anyone else have anything to add?
  • Options
    rayfwrayfw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    omg, i just restat to this build by deistik, i found it so awesome,
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This build is really out of date and is based on some false assumptions or doesn't account for changes that have been made to the game since it was posted. It's definitely not optimized anymore.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    This build is really out of date and is based on some false assumptions or doesn't account for changes that have been made to the game since it was posted. It's definitely not optimized anymore.

Really? But it works quite well for me, could you guide me or provide link to latest build instead?
    appreciate it, thanks.
  • Options
    yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    rayfw wrote: »
    Really? But it works quite well for me, could you guide me or provide link to latest build instead?
    appreciate it, thanks.

yep, I'm interested too!
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • Options
    cherosenecherosene Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This build still work well: I just correct a couple of feats and is perfect!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    cherosene wrote: »
    This build still work well: I just correct a couple of feats and is perfect!

Dear Sir/Madam,
    which feats did u adjust?
    can please give some info,

I am newbie to be honest.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    This build is 4 months old and it is likely only out of latitude from moderators that it has not been marked as a necro.

So many things have changed since then and players understand a lot more about the Cleric now. It is just a shame there is no up to date PvE guide any more (probably not enough interest in the class by veteran players who have long switched to other classes or left the game like the OP).

In terms of feats, this is a better starting point for general PvE group healing builds these days: http://nwcalc.com/dc?b=p6n:4wq2b:agvo,13l3314:66000:6z500:bu000&h=0

Note. that the view from veteran players on Heroic Feats, in particular, is all but universal. The most you can do to optimize there would be to either be a Human and put an additional point into Bountiful Fortune with the rest going anywhere else you like or if you are non-Human to switch around a single point from Holy Resolve (or even Cleanse) into Bountiful Fortune.

The Paragon feats and Powers have a quite a bit more flexibility since you can heal virtually any content in the game with any Paragons and many Power combinations once you are geared. That said, the build I linked is the easiest basic starting point for fresh 60s. For Powers some may prefer Bastion to a different Power, e.g. removing points from Searing Light or Break the Spirit. The following are all reasonable Paragon options for the final 5 points depending on your healing style:

A. 5/5 Linked Spirit: quite a popular feat once you figure out how to proc it reliably using Sunburst or are an unrepentant Bastion user! A good boost for undergeared groups and a reasonable boost for healing though it is position-dependent (need to link with the whole rest of your group to get most from it).

B. 5/5 Moontouched: (most?) popular final feat. Used to be a standard feat for undergeared Clerics or PvP when Clerics used to have large AP gain. Now other options are often used, especially since Linked Spirit can be used with Sunburst.

C. 5/5 Desperate Renewal: targetted Power-based healing. Toughest playstyle but some people love it and it is quite effective for emergency burst healing of individuals in PvP.

D. 5/5 Mark of Mending: some Healing Word and Bastion users like this feat, though they often find they have problems with Divinity (especially the former who love to spam HW), but are unable to slot Divine Fortune since Foresight should never leave your bars. Otherwise, it does provide a healing boost.

E. 5/5 Power of Life: use if you value your Astral Seal spam over everything else. Considered inferior to other feats, if for no other reason than half the feat is useless (the Sacred Flame temp-healing part).

As a final tweak to this general healing build, some players prefer taking 4/5 in one of the options above so they can get 2/5 Rising Hope which grants 99% uptime with two points instead of 50% with one point.

Recommendation for At-Wills: Astral Seal always, of course, and experiment with Sacred Flame and Brand of the Sun as your second. You should find that for most playstyles, Sacred Flame is the more effective Divinity and AP builder in PvE, if for no other reason than when you need Divinity, you need it immediately.

Recommendation for Encounters: other than Astral Shield in 99% of healing situations, the rest is up to your playstyle and circumstances.

Recommendation for Dailies: do not take points out of Divine Armor. You will need it for some large pulls or be occasionally be expected to use it in harder higher level dungeons.

Another point of potential misinformation to note from the thread maker's post: from my previous experience with the Ardent Coin Wild Storm Elixirs, they do not seem to stack with Vorpal enchants. If anything, your crit severity seems to revert to that shown on your Character Sheet, i.e. 85% for non-Orcs and 90% for Orcs). So, it basically strips you of your Vorpal enchant! This is anecdotal though - I have yet to test this with a combat log parser.

Finally, do not underestimate the tankiness you gain from regular or better Holy Avenger enchant. It really is quite an impressive enchant (at least in PvP), though admittedly for this build, Vorpal is a good way to go, especially for PvE and if the enchant is Lesser.
  • Options
    yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    This build is 4 months old and it is likely only out of latitude from moderators that it has not been marked as a necro.

So many things have changed since then and players understand a lot more about the Cleric now. It is just a shame there is no up to date PvE guide any more (probably not enough interest in the class by veteran players who have long switched to other classes or left the game like the OP).

In terms of feats, this is a better starting point for general PvE group healing builds these days: http://nwcalc.com/dc?b=p6n:4wq2b:agvo,13l3314:66000:6z500:bu000&h=0

Note. that the view from veteran players on Heroic Feats, in particular, is all but universal. The most you can do to optimize there would be to either be a Human and put an additional point into Bountiful Fortune with the rest going anywhere else you like or if you are non-Human to switch around a single point from Holy Resolve (or even Cleanse) into Bountiful Fortune.

The Paragon feats and Powers have a quite a bit more flexibility since you can heal virtually any content in the game with any Paragons and many Power combinations once you are geared. That said, the build I linked is the easiest basic starting point for fresh 60s. For Powers some may prefer Bastion to a different Power, e.g. removing points from Searing Light or Break the Spirit. The following are all reasonable Paragon options for the final 5 points depending on your healing style:

A. 5/5 Linked Spirit: quite a popular feat once you figure out how to proc it reliably using Sunburst or are an unrepentant Bastion user! A good boost for undergeared groups and a reasonable boost for healing though it is position-dependent (need to link with the whole rest of your group to get most from it).

B. 5/5 Moontouched: (most?) popular final feat. Used to be a standard feat for undergeared Clerics or PvP when Clerics used to have large AP gain. Now other options are often used, especially since Linked Spirit can be used with Sunburst.

C. 5/5 Desperate Renewal: targetted Power-based healing. Toughest playstyle but some people love it and it is quite effective for emergency burst healing of individuals in PvP.

D. 5/5 Mark of Mending: some Healing Word and Bastion users like this feat, though they often find they have problems with Divinity (especially the former who love to spam HW), but are unable to slot Divine Fortune since Foresight should never leave your bars. Otherwise, it does provide a healing boost.

E. 5/5 Power of Life: use if you value your Astral Seal spam over everything else. Considered inferior to other feats, if for no other reason than half the feat is useless (the Sacred Flame temp-healing part).

As a final tweak to this general healing build, some players prefer taking 4/5 in one of the options above so they can get 2/5 Rising Hope which grants 99% uptime with two points instead of 50% with one point.

Recommendation for At-Wills: Astral Seal always, of course, and experiment with Sacred Flame and Brand of the Sun as your second. You should find that for most playstyles, Sacred Flame is the more effective Divinity and AP builder in PvE, if for no other reason than when you need Divinity, you need it immediately.

Recommendation for Encounters: other than Astral Shield in 99% of healing situations, the rest is up to your playstyle and circumstances.

Recommendation for Dailies: do not take points out of Divine Armor. You will need it for some large pulls or be occasionally be expected to use it in harder higher level dungeons.

Another point of potential misinformation to note from the thread maker's post: from my previous experience with the Ardent Coin Wild Storm Elixirs, they do not seem to stack with Vorpal enchants. If anything, your crit severity seems to revert to that shown on your Character Sheet, i.e. 85% for non-Orcs and 90% for Orcs). So, it basically strips you of your Vorpal enchant! This is anecdotal though - I have yet to test this with a combat log parser.

Finally, do not underestimate the tankiness you gain from regular or better Holy Avenger enchant. It really is quite an impressive enchant (at least in PvP), though admittedly for this build, Vorpal is a good way to go, especially for PvE and if the enchant is Lesser.

Thanks for the informations, I've got a question: I spend all points in the Faithful path and no points on Righteous path (so I've got 5/5 linked spirit, 5/5 moontouched and the final feat of the faithful path) and I think it's good healing build: isn't it?
    You suggest me to change?
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    yukuaiita wrote: »
    Thanks for the informations, I've got a question: I spend all points in the Faithful path and no points on Righteous path (so I've got 5/5 linked spirit, 5/5 moontouched and the final feat of the faithful path) and I think it's good healing build: isn't it?
    You suggest me to change?

No, do not change for now if you are having no issues, particularly if you have no Divinity issues which is often the reason players (especially new ones) like having points in Righteous path. More important is the Bountiful Fortune heroic feat, so as long as you have that you are covered with the minimum for good Divinity generation.

That said, the Divine Advantage feat can make a noticeable difference, almost as much as Foresight which is the closest thing to a Must-Have in Paragons.

The final point in Faithful is not useful in PvE for the vast majority of playstyles because it is the rate of Divinity gain that matters not your total Divinity. That said, a few Soothling Light builds may prefer it and it is better for PvP if you are fortunate enough to gain Divinity very quickly e.g. a DPS cleric, or hold a reservoir of it for a long time and love to spam Punishing Light or Soothing Light.
  • Options
    darcelledarcelle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Guides like this are absolutely great, and thank you for them. Too bad they are in plain Chinese for non-Chinese speakers ... and I am referring to perfect nubs like me. I started to play a couple of days ago, I obviously (for me) chose to be a Cleric. i am level 11 now, but as dumb as i was when i was level 1. Oh yea, I know how to hit ... click click click when the thing in the middle of the screen is red, right? I discovered (on my own and very proud of myself), the thing on the Q key, and the one on the E key, but hell ... the game didn't come with a magnifier, so I have no bloody idea what key to use or how to use the Astral Seal and Lance of Faith. Description says "At-Will" ... eh? Where's that key? (told ya: dumb as a level 1 ... but I bet you've all been there at some point!). I looked everywhere for a "totally-nub-guide-for-clerics" ... no way to find one. All are described as if we are supposed to KNOW before we start this game what we are supposed to do or where is everything.