What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Critical Cleric (Deistik's build)

Comments

• Options
    punisoufflepunisouffle Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone using Prophecy of Doom? I just took it but, for the life of me, cant get it to insta-recharge!
    I casted it on monster, golden strips of light thing came up, then lanced it back to nine hell...
    Yet PoD was still on cooldown.
    What did I do wrong?

(couldn't make my own thread >_<)
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    Really, really depends on your group, and that's for any build, pretty sure. You need a good CW to pull most of the adds off of you, and then a good GF to pull the rest of the adds off of you, and the adds off of the CW :p

Seriously, you need a good group now, no matter what build you use.

A good group obviously helps, even pre-nerf. However, I just did CN with the same team comp pre-nerf of 2 DCs (1 was me), 2 CWs, 1 Rogue. This was a PUG group and we killed Dracolich. It's much tougher now, but this Cleric build still works fine. I also did another CN run with just 1 Cleric, 2 Rogues (I was on my Rogue), and 2 CWs. Cleared CN but we wiped several times to the bosses. Still... it's possible to do CN post-nerf with just 1 Cleric.

The AS nerf was needed and I'm fine with it. What bothers me is the fact that they also nerfed Clerics' Divinity gain and Cleanse to go along with the AS nerf. On top of that, they didn't improve most of the Clerics' existing heals to make up for all of those heavy-handed nerfs. Even with the Divinity gain nerf, this build still gains Div. at a good pace. Just not nearly as fast as before.
  • Options
    ryusai2ryusai2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Crit stat, but I'd still have a decent amount of crit from STR. I'll probably end up getting the pvp set just to check it out, because I'm curious.

PvP set aint worth it. Better ur 2p+2p change SB with DL and you're unstopable in pvp :)
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Anyone using Prophecy of Doom? I just took it but, for the life of me, cant get it to insta-recharge!
    I casted it on monster, golden strips of light thing came up, then lanced it back to nine hell...
    Yet PoD was still on cooldown.
    What did I do wrong?

(couldn't make my own thread >_<)

While they fixed its broken defense reduction aspect, they did not fix its broken cooldown aspect! they fixed 50% of the skill though that's a start right? :/
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    shutemd0wnshutemd0wn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey Deistik you using miracle healer 4 set now, has it been fixed?

Currently using 2 piece miracle and templar but should i swap over for the miracle 4 set?
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    That's is strange,Prophecy of Doom seems to be working for me.
  • Options
    valdavenvaldaven Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was trying to tinker with some feats since it seams only powers has been mentioned post patch. Im wondering is brand of the sun for the D gain still work it over maybe swapping to sacred flame and changing some feats around like losing invigorated healing for power of life and possible even putting points into Deepstone blessing at the loss of a few points elsewhere. Just not sure the gain we would get from more healing while AS is down with these vs the current build since im not real good at calculators.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Still using 2p/2p instead of miracle healer 4p. Honestly, I'm pretty upset with the direction this game is headed, though. Don't even care about the cleric AS nerf, I can still solo heal any dungeon you can name.

It's more about this company's attitude towards it's customers. Have you seen the new change on test? Most of the dungeon drops are now BoP instead of BoE.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say this company is sabotaging itself as far as player base goes. I'd honestly rather play beta FF14:ARR than this at this point.
  • Options
    jackmeister6969jackmeister6969 Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Build works just fine. Havent use my respec yet though. Im still confuse if Ill be getting Linked Spirit now. Some say its OP. I read topics saying that you could stack it to 35%. Wanna know if thats true.
  • Options
    xmeanseason305xxmeanseason305x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    yeah m8..i'm feeling a bit let down as well.....on a side note...how are you liking f14 2.0?
    are the changes that drastic to make it worth playing again?
    Still using 2p/2p instead of miracle healer 4p. Honestly, I'm pretty upset with the direction this game is headed, though. Don't even care about the cleric AS nerf, I can still solo heal any dungeon you can name.

It's more about this company's attitude towards it's customers. Have you seen the new change on test? Most of the dungeon drops are now BoP instead of BoE.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say this company is sabotaging itself as far as player base goes. I'd honestly rather play beta FF14:ARR than this at this point.
  • Options
    aztecaceroaztecacero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nice capstone skip
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    datemper wrote: »
    That's is strange,Prophecy of Doom seems to be working for me.

Scratch that,I was wrong,it FUBAR lol
  • Options
    shutemd0wnshutemd0wn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Deistik did you get a chance to try out Linked spirit, and what are your thoughts?

Was thinking about swapping my points out from Benefit of Foresight, not sure if it's worth it though...
  • Options
    jeanpapijeanpapi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please give us some Insights about Linked Spirit, I'm hearing that's it's ridiculously good as well. There's a discussion going on in This thread and I'd really like your opinion on the topic ,OP.
  • Options
    daytakdaytak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is this build still viable? still the best DC T2/end-game PvE healing Devoted-cleric build in game currently? If not what is? what changes need 2 be made 2 make it valid build viable and the best cleric pve 5-man build?
  • Options
    swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    daytak wrote: »
    Is this build still viable? still the best DC T2/end-game PvE healing Devoted-cleric build in game currently? If not what is? what changes need 2 be made 2 make it valid build viable and the best cleric pve 5-man build?

It may be a cop-out of an answer, but the 'best' spec is going to be whatever works best with your group and playstyle. There's several end game builds floating around, and they are valid in that they can solo-heal all content currently in the game.

Critical builds are still viable and I still run one, and easily heal all the content around.
  • Options
    xouk87xouk87 Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    Thats a well thought build. But in my opinion you can't do much with it solo. As for outside 5 man when you heal you can't do anything else in game aside that.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I haven't played in a week or so (why bother), but I can do most of the foundry content that people say clerics can't do with this build. You just use Daunting/Divine Glow/SB when soloing. Most people still haven't realized that if you crit a sunburst, every crit will proc Repurpose Soul (I've healed myself for 8k+ with 1 sunburst), and RS doesn't get affected by righteousness.

This game is just a burden to play as a DC for now though, concentrating my efforts on other games.
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xouk87 wrote: »
    Thats a well thought build. But in my opinion you can't do much with it solo. As for outside 5 man when you heal you can't do anything else in game aside that.

not much left out side of that 5man heal instances 5man heal pvp 5man heal GG. out side of htat is what foundry? and at 60 what other quests you gonna be doing besides foundry... and foundry is easy.
  • Options
    xenonizdubbyxenonizdubby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited June 2013
    well , my heals are good :) and i crit for 10k + on some moves ?? is this good or bad ??
  • Options
    bobrawksbobrawks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Random question... how do you bind your encounters to Num keys to fast-switch ?
  • Options
    daytakdaytak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm getting a lot of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for being a cleric who put points into str + cha, lot's saying that I should have gone wis over str,... did something change in patch? I'm just starting to do epics n T2's and just wanna make sure str + cha was best solution for pwning 5-man end-game with heals,... wat;s ur take on this on current state of game n end-game?
  • Options
    zolimoszolimos Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bobrawks wrote: »
    Random question... how do you bind your encounters to Num keys to fast-switch ?

I'm very interested in this command, as well. Any guidance? Bind 0 "____" what is the required text in quotes?
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hadn't heard of any command to do this
  • Options
    shiralacshiralac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    deistik,your build looks great, and in tune ot what i am looking for. I have a few questiosn though as I like Half-Orcs and know i will be taking hits on a few areas of the build.

As a Half-Orc DC of your build;

1. What starting stats should i have?

2. What feat(s), will take the hit from missing the +3 for not being human?

3. Because of not choosing human race, should i go for the 4 Pips of Divinity mode?

I'm new ot mmos so i have a few off topic questions.

1. WHat does proc mean?

2. what do you mean when you are referring to 2/20/9 or 1/21/9?

Thanks for the help/information.
    There is no such thing as Pleather Armor.
  • Options
    healzplzhealzplz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    shiralac wrote: »
    1. WHat does proc mean?

1. PROgrammed Chance (or something to that effect). Basically, it's anything that has a percentage chance of occurring.

2. That's referring to the points put into the various trees of Paragon Feats (2/20/9 would be 2 in the top tree, 20 in the middle tree, and 9 in the bottom).
  • Options
    tuuserailtuuserail Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    shiralac wrote: »
    I'm new ot mmos so i have a few off topic questions.

1. WHat does proc mean?

Thanks for the help/information.

Just to add.

1. Actually, proc is the common abbreviation for Programmed Random Occurrence in programming. Like healzplz said, it's a series of functions/codes that tries to emulate random mathematical occurrences or numbers within a scope of statistical probability of X happening, so it includes everything that has "chance to occur", for instance, critical chances, debuff chances, or certain effects that triggers on certain percentage of chance.

2. as healzplz said.
  • Options
    baqqarabaqqara Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    daytak wrote: »
    I'm getting a lot of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for being a cleric who put points into str + cha, lot's saying that I should have gone wis over str,... did something change in patch? I'm just starting to do epics n T2's and just wanna make sure str + cha was best solution for pwning 5-man end-game with heals,... wat;s ur take on this on current state of game n end-game?

Yeah you're gettin '<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>' indeed. I put some more points into WIS after the too, but still i have 19/22/19 str/wis/cha. (w/o bonfire). I was reducing it, cause im already on 3.2k crit. With a rogue i get on 45% crit not counting Linked Spirit, which i use as much as possible. This build is still the best for me out there, although i switched out Moontouched for Linked Spirit.

Then again my playstyle does involve more buffing than healing, as i play with Divine Glow and Sunburst, still using Astral Shield as my only Heal (i may try to use FF instead in pve, also for pvp i am still testing what fits best).

I wear 2 Beacon/2 Grand Templar (been very unlucky so far), only Rank 5 Enchants, T2 Weapon/offhand, GS is roughly 11k (been there for a long time). I do perfectly good in both. I dont overheal, and sometimes someone dies, but meh, since most of the time everything goes well and bosses die so fast with all that buffing going on.

Long text, small meaning: let them talk, they may have more healing than you, but why do you want to overheal like a fountain of youth? :)

Also a question: Prophecy of Doom, is that one in any way better than Divine Glow? Greater debuff or sumtn? Maybe those too also stack?

edited*
  • Options
    hamjihamji Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    baqqara wrote: »
    Also a question: Prophecy of Doom, is that one in any way better than Divine Glow? Greater debuff or sumtn? Maybe those too also stack?

I have Prophecy of Doom feated. It gives a pretty decent AoE heal and does stack with Divine Glow but it pales by comparison.
  • Options
    nwroguenwrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So after the nerf, it's normal to have ~4secs of window WITHOUT AS yes?
    Milla Jovovich(Rogue)/Tilda Swinton(Cleric) - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy on Beholder