test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta details and Founder's Pack announcement!

Comments

• Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    These do not include monthly stipends the difference is that while this is starting as F2P STO and CO were converted from subscription based models. See this thread here which has a list of items in the packs which Pinpoint seems to be editing as fast as his nimble fingers can when he gets info about the packs.

Sounds like a huge gamble to me. Basically they're betting their future salaries on Zen and one shot packages like these. Are they really making that much on Zen?
  • Options
    drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Cool! I'd be interested to see what some of this looks like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my Sig to view our community website
  • Options
    alastayrshavallalastayrshavall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What I don't see is how one gets the founders packs
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    What I don't see is how one gets the founders packs
    The promotion goes live and will be purchasable on our Official Site here sometime tomorrow. This was stated in the article. I missed it my first read-through also. :)
  • Options
    ssantiagoxssantiagox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Something I'm confused about is the subscription level of the founders packages. You've listed the freebees and beta access but what is the subscription time?

I'd assume the Hero of the North is lifetime and the Guardian is what 6 month? That seems to be typical.

I can't imagine that it's 200 dollars for a couple of mounts, starter gear/appearance gear and 6 days of beta and 5 days of head start....
  • Options
    spectralhuntspectralhunt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ssantiagox wrote: »
    Something I'm confused about is the subscription level of the founders packages. You've listed the freebees and beta access but what is the subscription time?

I'd assume the Hero of the North is lifetime and the Guardian is what 6 month? That seems to be typical.

I can't imagine that it's 200 dollars for a couple of mounts, starter gear/appearance gear and 6 days of beta and 5 days of head start....

Neverwinter has no subscription fee.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013

Neverwinter does not have a subscription model or a lifetime membership. It is a Free to Play game with no Freemium model. You pay what you want, when you what, if you want, on what you want through the Zen Shop (Cash Shop) and promotions like this.
  • Options
    axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    will items from lower packs be included in higher packs or available to buy in store?
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    All I have to say is this *snicker*
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can the spider mount climb walls?
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Neverwinter does not have a subscription model or a lifetime membership. It is a Free to Play game with no Freemium model. You pay what you want, when you what, if you want, on what you want through the Zen Shop (Cash Shop) and promotions like this.

Well, that's disappointing with regards to the packages. I really see no point in them now. With the Lifetimes on STO and CO, we had a Zen allocation a month. That is worth $200 or even $300 and more. THEN there's all the extra perks (where STO beats CO by a long shot). Don't know how this will translate into enough cash to keep the game going more than a year, but good luck.

EDIT: Just did the math. So basically if you're basing the Zen values normally associated with equivalent things on STO and CO, the "$549 value" package for $200 is actually roughly 6000 zen in items, costuming, an extra race, and a mount, maybe another 1000 zen for the added slots (possibly more, I admit), somewhere between 3,750 and 4,250 zen in diamonds, and special VIP access to a party room, titles, and early Beta weekends. Hmmm. So I'm counting around 12,000 zen plus perks for the price of 20,000 zen and valued at 54,900 zen? Are you guys working for the Federal government?
  • Options
    tronc8463tronc8463 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Might be a silly question. But does purchasing any of the packs mean you still have to purchase the game as well? Or is the physical/digital install a separate cost as well?
  • Options
    axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the game is free to download and free to play
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tronc8463 wrote: »
    Might be a silly question. But does purchasing any of the packs mean you still have to purchase the game as well? Or is the physical/digital install a separate cost as well?

No the packs are OPTIONAL the game is Free to Download upon release. There is NO charge to play the game at all...everything that has come out is OPTIONAL if you want to wait till open beta (my guess would be around April) there is nothing to worry about with getting the game.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tronc8463 wrote: »

Mate the game is free meaning F2P, meaning you download the client free like any other F2P game. It is not like B2P.

edit: Damn you bitterwinter for Ninja ing me :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Mate the game is free meaning F2P, meaning you download the client free like any other F2P game. It is not like B2P.

edit: Damn you bitterwinter for Ninja ing me :p

hehehe:D sorry
  • Options
    argoyletargoylet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Couple of questions still.
    1) Does the $60 pack also give you the contents of $20 pack? $200 pack contents of $60 & $20?
    2) What does this mean? We need to buy the $20 pack for each character slot if we want the storage?
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30771-Neverwinter-Beta-Which-Founder-s-Pack-items-will-you-receive-during-Beta

Neverwinter Starter Kit purchasers
    Small Bag of Holding for a single character per Starter Pack purchased
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    argoylet wrote: »
    Couple of questions still.
    1) Does the $60 pack also give you the contents of $20 pack? $200 pack contents of $60 & $20?
    2) What does this mean? We need to buy the $20 pack for each character slot if we want the storage?
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30771-Neverwinter-Beta-Which-Founder-s-Pack-items-will-you-receive-during-Beta

Neverwinter Starter Kit purchasers
    Small Bag of Holding for a single character per Starter Pack purchased

The original list was confusing, but you'll notice that in that list the bag of holding is only for a single character in the starter kit and for all the characters in the other two, as I recall.
  • Options
    syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If people will have to pay for playing some races then it's the biggest fail of this game before it even start.
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • Options
    necalannecalan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Let me know when and where I can get my Hero of the North Founders pack!
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Definitely giving Cryptic my $200 for the Hero of the North Founder's pack.

As a mega fan of RA Salvatore, Drizzt and the Foundry system I intend to fully support the devs with my enthusiasm and disposable income. Some are acting liek this is a requirment to play which is just wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »

As a mega fan of RA Salvatore, Drizzt and the Foundry system I intend to fully support the devs with my enthusiasm and disposable income. Some are acting liek this is a requirment to play which is just wrong.

I'm not acting like it's a requirement. I'm acting like it's a rip off. And it is. $120 in zen plus a few perks for a $200 package "valued" at $550 is a rip off.
  • Options
    necalannecalan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Zylaxx, see you the first beta weekend riding on our SPIDER mounts!!
  • Options
    sneakypriestsneakypriest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is beta still a testing phase? It looks like its made the leap into sales. Kinda weird.

BTW RA Salvatore is a hack. Terrible author
  • Options
    tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh Cryptic, if only you had replaced the Menzoberranzan Renegade race with the Dragonborn race...
  • Options
    izzirose123izzirose123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 47
    edited January 2013
    Heres whats really going on.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/drow.aspx
  • Options
    ssantiagoxssantiagox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, that's disappointing with regards to the packages. I really see no point in them now. With the Lifetimes on STO and CO, we had a Zen allocation a month. That is worth $200 or even $300 and more. THEN there's all the extra perks (where STO beats CO by a long shot). Don't know how this will translate into enough cash to keep the game going more than a year, but good luck.

EDIT: Just did the math. So basically if you're basing the Zen values normally associated with equivalent things on STO and CO, the "$549 value" package for $200 is actually roughly 6000 zen in items, costuming, an extra race, and a mount, maybe another 1000 zen for the added slots (possibly more, I admit), somewhere between 3,750 and 4,250 zen in diamonds, and special VIP access to a party room, titles, and early Beta weekends. Hmmm. So I'm counting around 12,000 zen plus perks for the price of 20,000 zen and valued at 54,900 zen? Are you guys working for the Federal government?

I hear ya brother. 200 bucks is ridiculous. Completely. If this bundle gave you some "premium" level (such as a normal subscription level" does where you have full access to all game available content, other than fluff items in the store, then I'd consider it. But 200 dollars for a few purely digital goods, 5 days of beta (which is really meaningless considering it's f2p) and the other items.

It's robbery. Unfortunately some people will pay it.

I haven't read further since the post I'm replying to but I'd sure hope this would include the full version of the game as well + whatever might be a "digital collectors" edition if that is coming. And free monthly zen for life.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »

PWE has just made it so that the things we've all come to expect from "early access" (like the ability to reserve your name of choice which is VERY important to many players) is now a 200 hundred dollar perk. 200 dollars. Think about that. Seriously.

In the past a simple PRE-ORDER, or collectors edition, or other "sane" purchase where there was some real value got you those. But this? This is the worst kind of money grab. Only those with big pocket books get these perks now. True FANS of the game/lore/story who can't afford it can just stuff it.

It's disgusting.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    PWE has just made it so that the things we've all come to expect from "early access" (like the ability to reserve your name of choice which is VERY important to many players) is now a 200 hundred dollar perk. 200 dollars. Think about that. Seriously.

In the past a simple PRE-ORDER, or collectors edition, or other "sane" purchase where there was some real value got you those. But this? This is the worst kind of money grab. Only those with big pocket books get these perks now. True FANS of the game/lore/story who can't afford it can just stuff it.

It's disgusting.

Yeah, I'm trying to remember how much I paid for the WoW Collector's edition (still listen to the music :-D). It wasn't $200, I can tell you that much. And that's basically what this is, just fluff. Unless they are previewing how much Zen it will cost for things in Neverwinter.