test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta details and Founder's Pack announcement!

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited February 2013 in News & Announcements
http://kotaku.com/5979599/neverwinter-beta-weekends-dated-and-for-200-you-can-play-drizzt

You've been waiting for Beta Weekend details - Kotaku's got you covered! Learn more about our upcoming Beta Weekend dates and be first in line for our Beta Weekend on February 8, 2013! Also, get exclusive access and items in our new Founder's Packs. More details coming soon.

Who's excited? Leave a comment!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am:) sadly I think you suckered me for that spider mount...I want it badly:) we'll see:)
  • Options
    neutralevilneutralevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 69
    edited January 2013
    Do the founders packs we bought for Raiderz as good as these ones for access? I mean,do we get the same early access as we do if we get the nw packs? -btw- am more than excited,im freakin STOKED!
    [SIGPIC] KREETURE [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    popsook69popsook69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Right On!!
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited January 2013
    Do the founders packs we bought for Raiderz as good as these ones for access? I mean,do we get the same early access as we do if we get the nw packs? -btw- am more than excited,im freakin STOKED!

RaiderZ Founder's Pack will have access to a different weekend. I'll have more details tomorrow. The Hero of the North Founder's Pack will have guaranteed access to the first Beta Weekend on February 8, 2013.
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    RaiderZ Founder's Pack will have access to a different weekend. I'll have more details tomorrow. The Hero of the North Founder's Pack will have guaranteed access to the first Beta Weekend on February 8, 2013.

But not guaranteed access to the other 2?
  • Options
    sgiosgio Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I love that giant spider mount. But the price for it is too much for me.
  • Options
    neutralevilneutralevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 69
    edited January 2013

sigh......i guess i will be paying 2 times then. Thanks for the quick response.
    [SIGPIC] KREETURE [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so 750,000 Astral Diamonds huh? whats going to be the conversion like from dollars to diamonds? and for $200 we should get all the other digital in-game items like the other mounts and the other companion and such. Just a thought.

Early access to Foundry? When do you actually get to use it normally? I am assuming once you hit max level but that is the one thing I am looking forward to most.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    But not guaranteed access to the other 2?

I'll have more details tomorrow outlining access.
    sigh......i guess i will be paying 2 times then. Thanks for the quick response.

The Hero of the North Founder's Pack and Guardian of Neverwinter Pack grants access to all three Beta Weekend events. RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers will have access to second and third Beta Weekends.
  • Options
    kennolakennola Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How does one get the North Founders Pack?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    so 750,000 Astral Diamonds huh? whats going to be the conversion like from dollars to diamonds? and for $200 we should get all the other digital in-game items like the other mounts and the other companion and such. Just a thought.

Early access to Foundry? When do you actually get to use it normally? I am assuming once you hit max level but that is the one thing I am looking forward to most.

You normally will get access at level 15. A Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchase grants access immediately when you log in. I'll get back to you about the Astral Diamonds - I don't know off the top of my head.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    kennola wrote: »
    How does one get the North Founders Pack?

Our Founder's Pack page will be up soon and ready for purchase. Stay tuned to the Neverwinter home page for all official links and news.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Our Founder's Pack page will be up soon and ready for purchase. Stay tuned to the Neverwinter home page for all official links and news.

You should pop that video up on the home page :D (the Kotaku one)
  • Options
    irtuirtu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited January 2013

Thanks you answered my question. I was looking on the main page to see where we could place pre-order. And can we buy or pre-order from any store like Future shop EB game world ect... or only through Cryptic To get the Beta keys ?
  • Options
    tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    count me excited
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • Options
    axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Does the Hero of the north pack come with the items mounts etc from the loews packs i hope so other wise you have to but both to get all the items???
  • Options
    nicklas95nicklas95 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have one single thing to say... WTH!

What is wrong with you pwe? I mean really? 200 freaking USD for so little? How the hell can you put such a high price on that? I hope this is badly wrong cause that aint worth more than 40 USD. When I bought the raiderz founders pack I was considering if it really was worth it and that was only 30 USD. Do you really think that anyone will buy this? I mean that is a hell of alot money for a game many haven't even played yet. Only a rich kid would buy this stuff
    I own the powers of a cat because I'm a Kitty!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's Nyan cat's powers!
    (And Puss In Boots)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    nicklas95 wrote: »
    I have one single thing to say... WTH!

What is wrong with you pwe? I mean really? 200 freaking USD for so little? How the hell can you put such a high price on that? I hope this is badly wrong cause that aint worth more than 40 USD. When I bought the raiderz founders pack I was considering if it really was worth it and that was only 30 USD. Do you really think that anyone will buy this? I mean that is a hell of alot money for a game many haven't even played yet. Only a rich kid would buy this stuff

There is additional things listed aside from what everyone is seeing there's a post in another thread detailing it. Besides these are optional who cares if someone wants to spend that kinda money on it.
  • Options
    kingaultkingault Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So now we know when these beta weekends are, but will people with beta keys have access to them, or will they have to wait?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    kingault wrote: »
    So now we know when these beta weekends are, but will people with beta keys have access to them, or will they have to wait?

Pinpoint already replied to this question in this thread.
  • Options
    kingaultkingault Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Pinpoint already replied to this question in this thread.

And this is why I should read the previous replies instead of just the opening post.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    kingault wrote: »
    And this is why I should read the previous replies instead of just the opening post.
    Thanks.

No problem:) people get excited:)
  • Options
    mishakal1mishakal1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited January 2013
    Cool... a little confused whether my PC Gamer key gives me access to the Feb 8 beta weekend though...

Also, I find it humorous when a value is assigned to virtual items. Seems totally arbitrary! This virtual spider is really worth 550 dollars! But we're only charging you 200!

Cheers.
  • Options
    ertwinertwin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is the hero of the north founders pack like the Lifetime subs for Champions and STO?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theawesomologisttheawesomologist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    "A fool and his money are soon parted." -English proverb

Some people will pay for it, many won't. As much as I'd love to play in a beta weekend, I'd much rather wait for the actual game to come out instead of paying for a few short weekends with bugs and server downtime. It's kinda silly, but there's always someone willing to pay for early access and few extra trinkets. Let them go through the bugs and issues if they want to pay for it. It's not that big of a deal.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ertwin wrote: »
    Is the hero of the north founders pack like the Lifetime subs for Champions and STO?

Not really as there is no "on going" benefit like those have. Its hard to classify as you don't actually need to purchase any of it to play the game. The closest would be almost like standard deluxe and CE of games I guess.
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    So far all I see is rip off <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Yes they can add to it but as it stands your paying 20 bucks a pop for some cosmetic items with the guardian pack...what....the...<BLEEP>!!! This is greed pure and simple. 200 bucks... are you <Bleep> me?!?!? I really hope this isn't a tasted of whats to come and that drow whatever better not be a superior race to all the others.

Well rant over.

On a serious note they mention VIP perks, wonder if they are following what Turbine and Funcom did with subscription VIP benefits.

But seriously....Cryptic...bout that advertisement trailer.... thee most cheesy trailer I've seen in a very long time. Ya'll are better than that, I generally like your trailers but that was god awful atrocious. Was expecting a Helloooo Kiddy Land to pop up at any moment in neon colors.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    "A fool and his money are soon parted." -English proverb....

I think it is good investment - drizzt and its fame are worth that much.

If they now release $300 founder's pack for "ability to kill drizzt clones" that would be brilliant move.

*readies 300$*
  • Options
    theawesomologisttheawesomologist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »

If they now release $300 founder's pack for "ability to kill drizzt clones" that would be brilliant move.

*readies 300$*
    No, a good investment is putting $200 towards an IRA or some other form of actual investment where you can expect a return.
    However $300 to be able to kill Drizzit wannabe's? Now you have my interest...
  • Options
    zeoxzzeoxz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »

*readies 300$*

lol y not a drizzt clone homing.. one hit shot spell while ur at it?? ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]