test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta details and Founder's Pack announcement!

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    As for the concerns on what keys grant what access levels to what tests, I'm discussing details right now with CM PinPointError and should have a bit more clarification on access levels "soon." TM

Thanks and we apologize for any confusion that is being caused. Let's all try and remain calm and civil as this was just released to the Press not long ago. The promotion doesn't officially start until tomorrow.

Feel free to blow off steam (non-RoC violating) in the Beta Anxiety Thread!

Thanks,
    Zebular, PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    As for the concerns on what keys grant what access levels to what tests, I'm discussing details right now with CM PinPointError and should have a bit more clarification on access levels "soon." TM

Thanks and we apologize for any confusion that is being caused. Let's all try and remain calm and civil as this was just released to the Press not long ago. The promotion doesn't officially start until tomorrow.

Feel free to blow off steam (non-RoC violating) in the Beta Anxiety Thread!

Thanks,

Can you also confir the MMORPG's claim that Kotaku broke the embargo? Was cryptic "shocked" a third time this month after french site stuff?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Okay folks! I have a bit of clarification for you straight from the busy CM PinPointError himself!
    Hello there, here is information who will get access to our three Beta Weekends. We'll be updating this thread often so check back here for the latest information:

Beta Weekend 1 - February 8-10:
    • Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    • Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers

Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10

Beta Weekend 3 - March 22-24

Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed
    • PC Gamer keys
    • PAX / GenCon / Keys from game conventions and events
    • RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers

This information is subject to change. CM PinPointError will be making an Official Statement tomorrow once the Founder's Promotion has gone live.

Once again, we apologize for any confusion this has caused. Please feel free to "Release the Evil" (in a non-RoC violating way) in the Beta Anxiety Thread!

Thanks,
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    • Any keys that CM PinPointError or former CM Stormshade has given away will grant you Beta Access starting with the Third Beta Weekend!

Thanks,

This means the keys won by the contest (Halloween event) too? Or are they separate and come later?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    This means the keys won by the contest (Halloween event) too? Or are they separate and come later?
    This should include those as that was held by former CM StormShade. I'll try and get further clarification just to be sure!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Can you also confir the MMORPG's claim that Kotaku broke the embargo? Was cryptic "shocked" a third time this month after french site stuff?
    Nay, this was a scheduled press release as far as I know. This is how game marketing works. You release big news in emails called "Press Release" to your Media Outlets and let them create a buzz before you go and post about on your official site, that way you are not taking viewership from your Media Outlets that help promote your game.

As a former Managing Editor for LotRO, I used to be privy to all sorts of Press Releases from Turbine before they themselves broke the news. This is nothing new.
  • Options
    draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Okay folks! I have a bit of clarification for you straight from the busy CM PinPointError himself!
    • PAX and GenCon Beta Keys are on a Phased Access level.
      • This means that they will slowly roll in these Beta Keys as they ramp up the need for Beta Testers. You might get into the First Weekend or you might not get in until the Third Weekend or beyond. Watch your Emails once we get closer to the Weekends!
    • The Hero of the North Founder's Pack grants you Beta Access starting with the First Beta Weekend!
    • The PC Gamer Magazine Mount/Beta Key grants you Beta Access starting with the Second Beta Weekend!
    • All other Beta Keys through Partners grant Beta Access starting with the Third Beta Weekend.
      • This includes but is not limited to Torchlight 2 Pre-Order Promotion Beta Keys.
    • Any keys that CM PinPointError or former CM Stormshade has given away will grant you Beta Access starting with the Third Beta Weekend!

This information is subject to change. CM PinPointError will be making an Official Statement tomorrow once the Founder's Promotion has gone live.

Once again, we apologize for any confusion this has caused. Please feel free to "Release the Evil" (in a non-RoC violating way) in the Beta Anxiety Thread!

Thanks,

What about the Guardian Pack? where do they get in.

Also, can u clarify if these weekends that are announced are CBT or OBT or a combo of both?
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Also, can u clarify if these weekends that are announced are CBT or OBT or a combo of both?

OBT has not been announced yet, only first 3 CBT weekends. There may or maynot be more CBT weekends after that - who knows!
    Last edited by zebular; Today at 11:46 PM. Reason: Blue!
    lol! +1
  • Options
    edited January 2013

These are Closed Beta Testing Weekends!

The rest has been amended, please see this post:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30761
  • Options
    rharsinrharsin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What I'm interested in knowing is....

Does the $200 Founder's Pack bundle include the $60 and $20 bundle items as well, or are we looking at $280 to get it all?
  • Options
    argoyletargoylet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    These are Closed Beta Testing Weekends!

As stated in the promotion, only the Hero of the North Founder's Pack grants access to Closed Beta Weekends and it also grants 5 days of early access to Open Beta. The Guardians Founder's Pack grants 3 days early access to Open Beta, it does not contain a CBT weekend key.

So for $60 you don't get even get a closed beta invite?! *stunned* what are you guys thinking? I take back what I said earlier, both the $60 and $200 packs are absurd. At least with CO and STO my $200/$250 investment had lasting monthly benefits.

Looking around at the reaction on various gamesites, the overwhelming reaction so far is- "wtf?! lol"
    If the goal was to reinforce the fears/prejudices people have regarding Cryptic and f2p games, then mission accomplished.

Still looking forward to the game, but I'm alarmed that it is starting to smell like a cash grab.
  • Options
    zooshzoosh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The article on Kotaku clearly states that Guardian pack includes beta weekend access.
  • Options
    rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am gonna get the founders pack for sure....love Drizzit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    rharsin wrote: »
    What I'm interested in knowing is....

Does the $200 Founder's Pack bundle include the $60 and $20 bundle items as well, or are we looking at $280 to get it all?

^^
    that right there needs answered :)
  • Options
    geobol14geobol14 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sweettt!!!
  • Options
    draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    argoylet wrote: »
    So for $60 you don't get even get a closed beta invite?! *stunned* what are you guys thinking? I take back what I said earlier, both the $60 and $200 packs are absurd. At least with CO and STO my $200/$250 investment had lasting monthly benefits.

Looking around at the reaction on various gamesites, the overwhelming reaction so far is- "wtf?! lol"
    If the goal was to reinforce the fears/prejudices people have regarding Cryptic and f2p games, then mission accomplished.

Still looking forward to the game, but I'm alarmed that it is starting to smell like a cash grab.

Yeah, I am feeling that way too. I got my Magazine key so I can at least test it to see if me and my SWTOR guild mates will like it, but everything in it seems kind of lame. pay to get into CBT seems ridiculous. I remember the days when you signed up and it was just randomly given. The only thing I see as even remotely worth it is the 750,000 Astral Diamonds, but as we have not heard how much that would actually be in USD I will just use the Zen I saved up over the months and occasionally buy some Diamonds when I see something I want.
  • Options
    neutralevilneutralevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 69
    edited January 2013
    I am totally blown away at the very hefty pricetag of 200 bucks to access this "closed beta"
    I really think you guys have brought down a ton of negativity on somthing that could of and should of been a great and exciting time for all the loyal fans who have paid IN ADVANCE for the opportunity to get in the game as soon as it was available aswell as for PW.
    To drop this bomb on us at this point is truley unfair and doesnt say much for perfect world. Two Hundred dollars is out of reach for many players and although i could buy this it is not affordable to me and it stings twice as much being as i am one of the people who did purchase access months ago.
    [SIGPIC] KREETURE [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bryce1338bryce1338 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So the only way in the first weekend CBT is buying the founder pack? Seems like it won't be that many on.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    argoylet wrote: »

A little bit of information has been amended, please see this new post: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30761
  • Options
    shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    In the Kotaku article it mentions "all three beta weekends" for the Guardian of Neverwinter Pack and "beta access" for the Hero of the North Founder Pack. Are beta weekend access and "beta access" two different things?

Edit: answered right after I posted. Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Okay just so everyone knows

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Hello there, here is information who will get access to our three Beta Weekends. We'll be updating this thread often so check back here for the latest information:

• PC Gamer keys
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    UPDATED INFORMATION!

• PC Gamer keys

This information is subject to change. Please keep an eye on the this thread and this thread for details!

Thanks,
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Updated again:

[h=2]Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first![/h]

• Torchlight 2 pre-orders

• Torchlight 2 pre-orders

• PC Gamer keys
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    It's looking like Cryptic is following their previous games, so I'm assuming at the moment that the $200 package will include Lifetime?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    It's looking like Cryptic is following their previous games, so I'm assuming at the moment that the $200 package will include Lifetime?

There is no lifetime...these are packages you do not require/need them to download and play the game at launch.
  • Options
    neutralevilneutralevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 69
    edited January 2013
    these "updates" are getting confusing now,looking at the times they were posted it seems the first two wknds are just for nw founders pack buyers then?? ugg
    [SIGPIC] KREETURE [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    There is no lifetime...these are packages you do not require/need them to download and play the game at launch.

Neither do CO or STO, but they do have lifetime for added perks, which this does appear to have, both had $200 packages to start which then climbed to $300 with $200 sales every once in a while. Just wondering if they're doing the same thing here. Big part of being a paid member is a monthly stipend of Zen, so it's no small thing.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Neither do CO or STO, but they do have lifetime for added perks, which this does appear to have, both had $200 packages to start which then climbed to $300 with $200 sales every once in a while. Just wondering if they're doing the same thing here. Big part of being a paid member is a monthly stipend of Zen, so it's no small thing.

These do not include monthly stipends the difference is that while this is starting as F2P STO and CO were converted from subscription based models. See this thread here which has a list of items in the packs which Pinpoint seems to be editing as fast as his nimble fingers can when he gets info about the packs.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm no longer going to post updates here for the reason of Confusion. Instead, please refer to the two new stickies by CM Pin:

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Neverwinter Beta - Which Founder's Pack items will you receive during Beta?

I'll still answer any inquiries that I can.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited January 2013
    I want to stress that purchasing a Hero of the North Founder's Pack or Guardian of Neverwinter Pack grants is a great opportunity to join us for our first Beta Weekend! There will be two more Beta Weekends for you to get into so keep a lookout for key giveaways on our Facebook, Twitter, and partner sites.