test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Beta Anxiety Thread!

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    valas625 wrote: »
    Um, screw the beta. I'll take everything in that picture. Plz....? :D
    I might be able to part with the... cat scratching pad... the rest... you'll have to get past my guard, the werecat Ra!

He's also aided by the poltergeist, Zoar!
    zoaanger.jpg
    (( R.I.P. My baby Zoar <3 ))
  • Options
    jaffrojonesjaffrojones Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm sure this has been done already, but I'm putting the weekend of December 7th-9th as the opening of closed beta. Whatever they do, I hope it isn't that beta weekend <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Normally I'm not against it, but because we've been waiting so long I hope it's just a "normal" closed beta.
  • Options
    illuminariiilluminarii Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm sure this has been done already, but I'm putting the weekend of December 7th-9th as the opening of closed beta. Whatever they do, I hope it isn't that beta weekend <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Normally I'm not against it, but because we've been waiting so long I hope it's just a "normal" closed beta.

I'll put that up on the big-board with all the other guesses.
  • Options
    valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012

They've already said early 2013 for beta sir. I understand you probably didn't look through the all the posts, since there are like 400 of them, but there you have it. Towards the end of this video they tell you.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Re-posting the Original Post for clarity on what this thread is for, as it would appear it is not being read:

This thread will serve as a sticky reminder and vent thread about the upcoming Closed Beta Testing for Neverwinter.

Please be advised:
    Posting Unreleased Content is Forbidden! per the Rules.
    You may not create posts and/or private messages that contain language, comments, references, links, symbols, terms and/or content that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, show/display and/or discuss any of the following: (a) unreleased in-game items or equipment; (b) areas that have been unlocked by hacking into client data files; and/or (c) data not available through normal game play. Do not post trademarked and/or copyrighted materials (e.g., articles, videos, photos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works of and/or otherwise use. Posting the entire article, even with the source, constitutes copyright infringement. This is not the place to illegally trade or distribute copyrighted (or those with questionable copyright status) video or audio clips. Posts regarding content which has been released in other world territories prior to being released in PWE's supported locales (North America and Europe) are, however, permitted.

Closed Beta, at the time of this post, Has Not Begun Yet!
    Feel free to vent, as long as it is not vulgar or otherwise rule-violating, your anticipations and frustrations for the upcoming Beta Testing Periods.

When Beta Phases have been announced, rest assured, this thread and others will be updated with pertinent information.

Just a warning relay:

There are sites (web pages really) out there that are claiming to "give away" beta keys.
    These are not the reputable MMO News & Community sites.
    Do not be fooled into their scams and do not download anything from them.
    The safety of your personal information and/or computer may be put at risk if you do!

Here are the current facts:
    • There are currently no active Giveaways for Beta Keys, at the time of this post's edit timestamp.
    • The only active promotions, at the time of this post's edit timestamp, are the Lifetime Subscriptions for Champions Online and Star Trek Online, which will grant you a "phased" access to Closed Beta Tests once they begin.
    • Registering for a Perfect World Entertainment account does put you into a pool for a random chance at getting a CBT key, when CBT begins.
    • RaiderZ Founders' Promotion has ended.
    • Torchlight 2 PWE Pre-order has ended.
      • (T2 Pre-order through Steam did not grant CBT keys, it granted a free copy of Torchlight 1).
    • The Neverwinter Spooky Adventure Contest has ended.
    • No, at the time of this post's edit timestamp, Closed Beta has not yet begun.
  • Options
    alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That looks like one evil beast, Zeb. And since I didn't do any of the "buy-stuff-and-get-beta-key"-things (I know, I'm an idiot) I say screw the beta and give the game instead:).

Well, as long as the game is released before summer 2013, I'm happy (of course the sooner the better as long as it isn't rushed). BG Enhanced edition is up for purchase 30th november, so I know what I'll be doing.
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • Options
    brikarasbrikaras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    valas625 wrote: »
    They've already said early 2013 for beta sir. I understand you probably didn't look through the all the posts, since there are like 400 of them, but there you have it. Towards the end of this video they tell you.

Thanks for linking this I missed it. Damn, it was release 2012, then beta 2012 and release 2013 and now the beta also got delayed. On the bright side, they have more time to work on the game.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Actually the game release got delayed so PvP would include at game release as well as overall polish to early 2013. Thus the beta also got delayed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    brikarasbrikaras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah but after the game got delayed to 2013 they still said beta would come late 2012. Now that also got delayed :(
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Actually they said open beta would be 2013 and closed beta once was mentioned as 2012 once by Craig, but never confirmed afterwards. I did see a third party magazine say it and listed on the FAQ, but knew it was no guarantee and they never confirmed their sources either.

Bluntly, the game simply isn't operational enough to release as a sustained game then if they haven't released it yet. But who knows, maybe they will make CB by December? I honestly have no idea though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thedio777thedio777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited November 2012
    :( daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Actually they said open beta would be 2013 and closed beta once was mentioned as 2012 once by Craig, but never confirmed afterwards. I did see a third party magazine say it and listed on the FAQ, but knew it was no guarantee and they never confirmed their sources either.

Bluntly, the game simply isn't operational enough to release as a sustained game then if they haven't released it yet. But who knows, maybe they will make CB by December? I honestly have no idea though.

Actually there was more then once in various video interviews by Andy, Craig, Jack and Lindsay that closed beta was at the end of 2012
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Actually there was more then once in various video interviews by Andy, Craig, Jack and Lindsay that closed beta was at the end of 2012
    If I recall correctly, they are actually saying something to the effect of "Watch the site for more information on the upcoming Beta Release Schedule." They say schedule, they do not say just "Beta." Any that do would be from prior to the extension of the launch schedule.
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    If I recall correctly, they are actually saying something to the effect of "Watch the site for more information on the upcoming Beta Release Schedule." They say schedule, they do not say just "Beta." Any that do would be from prior to the extension of the launch schedule.

Actually I'm pretty sure they indicate end of 2012 for beta, I'll go take a look when I have more time. Really doesn't matter they've changed the date so not much can be done.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Actually I'm pretty sure they indicate end of 2012 for beta, I'll go take a look when I have more time. Really doesn't matter they've changed the date so not much can be done.
    I tend to always go by the latest information. Any release date mentions prior to August are no longer valid and are now inaccurate. It is my logic that this also means prior mentions of beta would as well no longer be accurate.
  • Options
    zealotdancepartyzealotdanceparty Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I give up. Cant handle it anymore. Who wants to group up for operation "Steal neverwinter" and sneak into their data storage room (ofcourse disarming any traps) and burn all of the neverwinter world on a magically enhanced extra-storage usb-stick????

Im dead serious, I have already obtained blueprints of their building. GO go go go.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I give up. Cant handle it anymore. Who wants to group up for operation "Steal neverwinter" and sneak into their data storage room (ofcourse disarming any traps) and burn all of the neverwinter world on a magically enhanced extra-storage usb-stick????

Im dead serious, I have already obtained blueprints of their building. GO go go go.

Oh! Been there, done that. Last time I went there I found an assortment of large wheeled appratuses with were-hamsters and were-rats running on those wheel to produce magical energy. There were also a few mindflayers to "make were-creatures feel afraid" by simulating their brains so that they will run faster.

The technology being used is very D&D-ish and only data storage device they use are from a company called "tablets of Ao" which I heard has an egocentric CEO who kills all who attempt to steal his data.

There are no traps there. I heard that they lost a few were-hamsters to traps hence they decided to disarm them so as to not loose power.

The death of hamsters was also the cause of delay.
  • Options
    alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    The death of hasters was also the cause of delay.

I knew it! PvP *pft*.
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • Options
    gimpdaddy69gimpdaddy69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm worried that the beta access i was promised for my $20 will never actually be received and that the whole thing was just another marketing ploy like their incessant facebook postings. If cryptic and perfect world are lucky by the time this game is actually released there might be a couple 100 people that still give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about it
  • Options
    alfrunaalfruna Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm worried that the beta access i was promised for my $20 will never actually be received and that the whole thing was just another marketing ploy like their incessant facebook postings. If cryptic and perfect world are lucky by the time this game is actually released there might be a couple 100 people that still give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about it

Wow.

I would guess that beta access will indeed be given... when beta actually starts ;-) As for facebook posts, if you dont want to read them, unlike the page. It is pretty simple. (Personally, I prefer forums for actual information for a game, but I do like FB for the quick visuals it offers when a company posts new screenshots or the like.)
  • Options
    edited November 2012

gillrmn wrote: »
    Oh! Been there, done that. Last time I went there I found an assortment of large wheeled appratuses with were-hamsters and were-rats running on those wheel to produce magical energy. There were also a few mindflayers to "make were-creatures feel afraid" by simulating their brains so that they will run faster.

The technology being used is very D&D-ish and only data storage device they use are from a company called "tablets of Ao" which I heard has an egocentric CEO who kills all who attempt to steal his data.

There are no traps there. I heard that they lost a few were-hamsters to traps hence they decided to disarm them so as to not loose power.

The death of hamsters was also the cause of delay.
    alsaroth wrote: »
    I knew it! PvP *pft*.

*Is caught drafting "official blueprints of the building"* WHAT?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    “The beta doesn’t start with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming closed beta. It starts with tentacles!” - The prophecy of Betaios
  • Options
    valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Between tentacles and having just closed the China site....I just don't wanna think anymore.
  • Options
    ewokerewoker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Trading well preserve kidney for a neverwinter online beta key
  • Options
    jhiierijhiieri Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2012
    Been waiting patiently for 15 years or so.... I'll wait some more I guess

ewoker wrote: »
    Trading well preserve kidney for a neverwinter online beta key
  • Options
    thedio777thedio777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited November 2012
    So guys to make this straight. BETA is after 2012 but closed beta before? Or are they both after 2012
  • Options
    zealotdancepartyzealotdanceparty Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    thedio777 wrote: »
    So guys to make this straight. BETA is after 2012 but closed beta before? Or are they both after 2012

I read on a forum where someone said the beta would be today. but i guess it got postponed because they want to polish up the game some more. Maybe its a good thing..since i have exams next week, and i would probably fail them if i had the chance to play neverwinter :D.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    There absolutely is NO BETA TESTING TODAY!

There is no beta in the next few days either. Beta was never released. When beta is released, I promise you there will be a special announcement thread, as well as eevry gaming news agency will be screaming it. I'm sure all the internal testers trying to get this game ready by crunch time aren't happy having their company yelled at by "informed gamers" why "they weren't told it's released today."

But that's why wrong information is never supported over actual release announcements. I'll tell you, I'd never support those people with NDA if that's how they act when Beta comes out and if it's secret!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,368 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There goes a man of high impulse,

of princely mien and grace.

There goes a man of humble faith,

a credit to his race.

There goes a man of conscious vast,

with will to reach his goal.

There goes a man of lordly rank

of heroes stock and soul.

There goes a man of noble cast

whom hardship cannot break.

There goes a man in merit clad,

whom duty won't forsake.

There goes a man of culture verse,

who holds a sportsman's creed.

There goes a man too vigilant

to bow to lust or greed.

There goes a man whose life

is spent in service, not in scorn.

There goes a man whose majesty

shines like a may time morn.

There goes a man who is a friend

to love and duty truth.

There goes a man to help uplift

the lives of wholesome youth.

There goes a man with Neverwinter

Online at his command.

There goes the best man in or out

for he's an Alpha Man.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,368 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There once was a thread getting bawdy,
    Beta was mentioned, how naughty!
    The gauntlet was thrown,
    And it tickled my bone,
    So I [Grandma Deleted] ...so sorry...

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
This discussion has been closed.