test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Beta Anxiety Thread!

Comments

• kierstadkierstad Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't know about others, but this has the ominous feeling that we will see months come and go with no real updates (similar to other MMO titles that showed promise, but lacked foresight and planning, etc). I hope that isn't the case, but gut feelings aren't usually far from the mark.
  • k44mosk44mos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes. That's about right.

Tbh, the only reason I bought Torchlight II was to receive a Nwn key. Somehow, from what I was reading at that time, I got the impression that I will actually be able to play for a couple of weeks and help with what puny input I might have.

Now? Now I have the feeling that I won't take them on their words anymore.

But you know the saying - When it's done.
  • hippyohippyo Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOONK

The discussions seem to draw in length ... always the same repeating arguments. Now i just feel like blowing more steam.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOONK
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No more anxiety here, more like a detached and waning interest with all the empty promises...
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No more anxiety here, more like a detached and waning interest with all the empty promises...

Ditto. The lack of what seems interest from the Cryptic/PWE to both release news and interact with the community has led to that
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    surf13 wrote: »
    The Paris video mentions beta as early 2013...

Correct:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOchydXbuEw&feature=player_embedded#!
    However to tease this thread a little... "early" and yet unknown info when exactly? Exact date has not been said.
  • health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    meh just hurry up
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2012
    For anyone interested:
    You should help me develop an interest for this game over at Hack, Slash, Repeat (http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/), a website dedicated to ARPGs and action MMOs. Everyone there is hyped up over Path of Exiles (that's how I found it). I was browsing the site, and on an off-topic discussion board Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition came up. No one there even knew an action MMO was being developed for DnD!
    A good example of how Cryptic is really missing out on their target audience.
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hold on a second. I don't recall any actual promises. A lot of wishful thinking, "here's what we'd like get done," and "soon," but no promises. I don't understand where the expectation is coming from.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see this game come up now rather than later if I had my way, but I can't say with honesty that we've been promised anything at all to be let down about.
  • alfrunaalfruna Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    aavarius wrote: »
    Hold on a second. I don't recall any actual promises. A lot of wishful thinking, "here's what we'd like get done," and "soon," but no promises. I don't understand where the expectation is coming from.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see this game come up now rather than later if I had my way, but I can't say with honesty that we've been promised anything at all to be let down about.

I wish there was a LIKE button here because I would LIKE this post 20 times over ;-)
  • surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2012

+1 there!!
  • ezrasteel1ezrasteel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Sometimes this is like being a kid, looking at the presents under the Christmas tree, and wishing I could open them all up now. I understand the development process and I will continue to bide my time as I wait for this game to be released. As much as I want to open up all of my presents now, I prefer to wait in the hopes that I will not be disappointed come Christmas day...or in this case, when the game is opened up for beta testing and game play.

Sorta reminds me of a long road trip with the kids...are we there yet?

My Best,

Ezra Steel
  • mulaimulai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    like I wanted to throw a wrench in the world's favorite tabletop RPG than 12 years ago! : (/ / Key where you uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ranncore wrote: »
    For anyone interested:
    You should help me develop an interest for this game over at Hack, Slash, Repeat (http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/), a website dedicated to ARPGs and action MMOs. Everyone there is hyped up over Path of Exiles (that's how I found it). I was browsing the site, and on an off-topic discussion board Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition came up. No one there even knew an action MMO was being developed for DnD!
    A good example of how Cryptic is really missing out on their target audience.

PoE seems interesting indeed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Oh where to begin... "Launch 2012... Uh... We meant... Beta 2012... Uh... We meant... Beta 2013... " just waiting for the next, "actually we meant when we said..." Need to stop writing checks their game can't cash and stick with the ambiguous "soon..."
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
    edited November 2012
    We need them to come here and tell us the truth. Maybe it will hurt. (I'm talking like a chick and it's all a cliche - lolz)

"Guys, the problems are as follows: bam/bam/bam. Expect it no sooner than March/April. We'll give you monthly updates to how things are going around here."

You know LoL? League of Legends? Although they had a bumpy road, they always communicated with the community.

Even before the first closed beta. (not the family&friends one) They gave us all sorts of info, played all sorts of games for beta keys.

Here? Here is like going to a cemetery and waiting for a zombie to wake up and play some poker with you. You know that will happen at some point in time. :D
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh where to begin... "Launch 2012... Uh... We meant... Beta 2012... Uh... We meant... Beta 2013... " just waiting for the next, "actually we meant when we said..." Need to stop writing checks their game can't cash and stick with the ambiguous "soon..."
    Yet still, none of these windows of release were ever anything more than that: windows. Certainly none of them were promises. If you saw them as such, then I'm sorry to tell you that you've come to that conclusion mistakenly. I could understand your sentiment if a more tangible date we could hang our hats on and schedule around was made, but it wasn't. Every indication has been that Cryptic's not working under a need to rush Neverwinter out the door and as far as any of us can tell, neither is their publisher pushing them hard, either.

Yes, it's disappointing for us consumers. However, it's too soon to be calling "bad checks" when the game isn't even out yet, especially when it looks like the bank hasn't even mailed the check book to the account holder, if we're going to continue the analogy.

I've read a lot of crying for more specific information about this game on this forum, yet here I'm seeing a complaint about information not being vague enough. It seems like there are some unreasonable expectations being heaped upon the information that's been given us.

EDIT: Now, if anybody wants to talk vaporware, that's something else entirely. I'm of the opinion that Neverwinter is not even close to that status, but that's an argument that can only be speculated about by those of us that don't work at Cryptic (including Yours Truly).
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2012
    PoE seems interesting indeed...

I finally got my beta key for it today and tried it out, and let me tell you it's pretty awesome. HAVE YOU SEEN THE SKILL TREE? IT'S HUGE. Waited FOREVER for that key, and finally got it from the site I pointed out.
    If you want I can point you to a place where you might be able to swindle a key. That site recently had a key giveaway that ended toady... maybe if you ask nice and they have some left you can get one.

The best way for me to sum up POE so far is, "Remember when they said they were going to launch D3, and everything you wanted from it, and didn't get? That's POE."
    edited November 2012
    k44mos wrote: »
    We need them to come here and tell us the truth. Maybe it will hurt. (I'm talking like a chick and it's all a cliche - lolz)

"Guys, the problems are as follows: bam/bam/bam. Expect it no sooner than March/April. We'll give you monthly updates to how things are going around here."

That's exactly what I would like to see.
    edited November 2012
    No matter how the moderators put it, they do not talk to us enough. Or at all for that matter.

We are eager users that wish them the best. I see no reason for them to be so mysterious and "cryptic".

We will not steal corporate secrets and sell it to the highest bidder.

It's a pity actually. Wish they would talk to us more.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

You know LoL? League of Legends? Although they had a bumpy road, they always communicated with the community.

Even before the first closed beta. (not the family&friends one)
    They gave us all sorts of info, played all sorts of games for beta keys.

Here? Here is like going to a cemetery and waiting for a zombie to wake up and play some poker with you. You know that will happen at some point in time. :D

So, when the LoL closed beta was near, they talked alot, but not before? And they were quiet before that? Like they stoped communicaing or didn't start until Closed beta was near? Because they...couldn't talk about it? *Wheels turning*

Maybe you just found an answer, but employees here wouldn't say if you did. Not like we can publicly ask them this anyway if it were true since they would be all under NDA.

No matter how the moderators put it, they do not talk to us enough. Or at all for that matter.

We are eager users that wish them the best. I see no reason for them to be so mysterious and "cryptic".

We will not steal corporate secrets and sell it to the highest bidder.

It's a pity actually. Wish they would talk to us more.

See above if he's on to something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Dude, do not try to actually defend them here because you will fail.

As I've stated before (giving LoL as an example of how awesome the devs where - at least in the beginning), they were sharing stuff with us, keeping us informed on how things developed and gave us insight.

They communicated with us.

Thing that doesn't happen here.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012

You may wish to confirm your statement with the Dev Tracker then decide upon that opinion.
    edited November 2012
    Dude, do not try to actually defend them here because you will fail.

As I've stated before (giving LoL as an example of how awesome the devs where - at least in the beginning), they were sharing stuff with us, keeping us informed on how things developed and gave us insight.

They communicated with us.

Did you miss it? C was here about 8 hours ago answering questions.

It'd be pretty awesome if they did something like a Q+A session tho. It's high time for that.
    edited November 2012
    Do not get me wrong. It's the only game that I am waiting at this particular moment in time.

The only one. Have giant expectations and do hope everything will be somewhat smooth.

I'm almost sure that I will have a blast and take this game on for at least a couple of months.

But the problem is that a few words now and then do not constitute for "communication". Maybe it's just me.

I have no intention of turning this thread into a "flame war" or trying to upset anyone. Just to clear that out.
    edited November 2012
    Read all the info, look for the hidden clues, and you will have your answer. (No, absolutely nothing to do with finishing Ready Player One :D)

Well, since THEY get to be Cryptic, thought I'd ty it for a change. Not saying any more on this, so there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hippyohippyo Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2012

heeheehee ... and that dev thread is weird: its looking empty because its just a thread in the forums list and it sorted the other way around (newest first) !! I'd say cryptic indeed but not really a1.:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tychocarlsentychocarlsen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ok so I was given a pax west beta key and when I tried to create an account there was a whole lot of problems with it not wanting to take names and stuff so... now I am not 100% sure that the key got entered in the right account and everything. Is there a way to check and see if my key is on my account or something?
  • katalystikkatalystik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey

"Neverwinter [Status]: Accepted" Will be below the box if the key worked. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • acebaileyacebailey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would like a beta key also, looks like a good game. Way To Go PW ! keep'em comeing :cool:
This discussion has been closed.