What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Beta Anxiety Thread!

Comments

• Options
    tl73tl73 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ok...ok.. plainly asked this time.. When can i play Neverwinter? When is it going "live" for everyone?
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They say to check the forums for next few weeks for announcement. Some kind of beta by jan - either open or closed.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    The cold hard truth is that nobody knows for sure.

Craig Z. stated in one of the promotional interviews that they planned to do Open Beta around new years but there hasn't been any news on that in some time. Cryptic has not and likely will not state a specific date that we should expect the Beta Tests to start.
    I think by the time we can answer that question we wouldn't need to post the answer ;)
  • Options
    tl73tl73 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ok thank you! I did look around at diff threads but couldn't find an answer. Good looking out.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Does anyone else read this thread title as the Beta Vent (Ventrilo) Thread? I just picture thousands of people trying to anxiously join a small 50-person vent server in hopes to chat with developers.

What is this strange "vehnreeloh" thou speaks of?

*The mage thumbs through a large tome curiously looking for answers trying not to vent frustration*

Some sort of spell, parhaps?
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    What is this strange "vehnreeloh" thou speaks of?

*The mage thumbs through a large tome curiously looking for answers trying not to vent frustration*

Some sort of spell, parhaps?

Some local human term for clariaudience I think. Not sure where these "URL" humans are from. Every time I ask they get caught in a Net or Web!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The new forums make me want beta even more now... I mean we need to test out the beta forums too right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    varrvarr wrote: »
    The new forums make me want beta even more now... I mean we need to test out the beta forums too right?

Hahaha.. I see what you did there.

I like the way you think sometimes... 709558.gif

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Some local human term for clariaudience I think. Not sure where these "URL" humans are from. Every time I ask they get caught in a Net or Web!

The kingdom of Url is far and away past the fens of Hypurtixt, beyond the spider infested barrens known as the Intyrwaebz, and locked behind a fiery wall guarded by a strong packet trading guild known as TCPIP (no one still living knows the true meaning of the acronym). They are indeed a strange people, trappers by culture, and fairly wary of outsiders.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Readies his mace. "Web? did anyone mention lolth?" Casts divine buffs on himself in anticipation of facing this Url monster.
  • Options
    kasyeekasyee Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I had so nice dream this night.. i played the beta xD. Really. Shame I cant remember details of the game :P.
  • Options
    vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Were you in a dark room?
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vangald wrote: »
    Were you in a dark room?
    mood-emoticon-0006.gif
    dark room... dark room... dark room...
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wish they would do some livestreams like Rift has been doing for Storm Legion...
  • Options
    kasyeekasyee Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mood-emoticon-0006.gif
    dark room... dark room... dark room...

This ;) I couldnt write it an better :P.
  • Options
    plamgarplamgar Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Damn it ITS BEEN TO LONG SINCE I HAVE SEEN A New gameplay vid.Btw gotta love the new forum skin it even saves your text when you are still writing.
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited November 2012
    Odd back during Pax in the interview the guys there said they expected this game to be in OB by dec/ with pvp released around jan+ >.< what happened! lol

Me wants OB nowz bugs and all :c
  • Options
    thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    vangald wrote: »
    Were you in a dark room?

lol. awesome
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Odd back during Pax in the interview the guys there said they expected this game to be in OB by dec/ with pvp released around jan+ >.< what happened! lol

Me wants OB nowz bugs and all :c

Well, the entire game was delayed for PvP and general polish at game launch. This means a delay of all release dates. And I believe he said early 2013, not January which is the game delay date. Sorry, but we have no more specifics at the time of my reply. Read my FAQ in my sig link for answers to your questions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    silverdragonwingsilverdragonwing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would like a beta key please
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I would like a beta key please

I hear ya.

(But if this was a real request, as would everybody else. If you have questions on what is happening in Beta, you may read my FAQ, but we're not giving them out in any active promotion ATM, nor has Closed Beta started. Sorry.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neowolfenneowolfen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 68
    edited November 2012
    I have 2 keys atm (one from Trochlight 2 preorder and the pending one for being a lifetimer in CO and STO) not that they are doing me a great deal of any benefit atm as beta access still isnt available yet :(

Without getting all RARRRGHH what time frame is cryptic having in mind for NWN's beta? because if the plan is still to launch at the start of 2013 (mere weeks away) then surely these beta keys have to start becoming USEFUL soon? lol

Or are Cryptic planning to go more for a (and going on CO and STO's beta this would be an awful idea) just try it out and see if you l;ike beta rather than a find issues and let us know so we can change them before release traditional beta?
    Ser Alathor Crownguard, Cwelenas Alenuath, Dwarin Stonefist, Danaerys Hellborn
  • Options
    valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    neowolfen wrote: »
    I have 2 keys atm (one from Trochlight 2 preorder and the pending one for being a lifetimer in CO and STO) not that they are doing me a great deal of any benefit atm as beta access still isnt available yet :(

Without getting all RARRRGHH what time frame is cryptic having in mind for NWN's beta? because if the plan is still to launch at the start of 2013 (mere weeks away) then surely these beta keys have to start becoming USEFUL soon? lol

Or are Cryptic planning to go more for a (and going on CO and STO's beta this would be an awful idea) just try it out and see if you l;ike beta rather than a find issues and let us know so we can change them before release traditional beta?

Beta won't be until 2013 sir. With launch being "1st quarter". So yea, keys are useless until next year. :'( Sorry to let ya down Neo, but honestly having a bit more updated beta date just means you can do other things and look forward to a shinier game when this releases. Plus, I would imagine they'll start giving us more info and gameplay now that it's getting close to they're "release date". And hey, WHO KNOWS, maybe they'll shock everyone and start beta early? (I would pray, but all the fun gods are dead).
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    valas625 wrote: »
    Beta won't be until 2013 sir. With launch being "1st quarter". So yea, keys are useless until next year. :'( Sorry to let ya down Neo, but honestly having a bit more updated beta date just means you can do other things and look forward to a shinier game when this releases. Plus, I would imagine they'll start giving us more info and gameplay now that it's getting close to they're "release date". And hey, WHO KNOWS, maybe they'll shock everyone and start beta early? (I would pray, but all the fun gods are dead).

We do know the game is planned to launch early 2013 and any specific dates mentioned have not been locked publicly as of yet. Whether we can get a progress on anything starting before that launch I cannot say. What I can say is a few days ago were were told to watch for something in a couple of weeks, but have absolutely no more details.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you for this post. I can go back to breathing and playing STO's Tribble now.

Oh yeah, I c4n HaZ beta latr??
  • Options
    neowolfenneowolfen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 68
    edited November 2012
    What I can say is a few days ago were were told to watch for something in a couple of weeks, but have absolutely no more details.

they probably meant Santa lol
    Ser Alathor Crownguard, Cwelenas Alenuath, Dwarin Stonefist, Danaerys Hellborn
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    It is strange that Neverwinter discussion topic shows (21 people viewing) or more but people posting here at a time are less than that ...

WAAAAGGHHH!!! Post more ork boyz! We need to reacha WAAAGHHH!!!
  • Options
    varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You know just a reminder to the NW devs, my Birthday is Nov. 26... that would be a great day to have beta open up (as long as I'm invited that is) *hint, hint*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    If they make us wait any longer you can use my beta key because I am going to die. Been waiting for this game so long, I am almost out of hope.

My beta key for any one who wants to use it is ....... Hey I am not dead yet, back off

*shooong*
    *shooong*
    *shooong*
    *shooong*

Run blaca run!

*holds of a mob of dark robed red lightsaber carrying people*
This discussion has been closed.