test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Beta Anxiety Thread!

Comments

• ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2012
    The main cities chat channels in RaiderZ are completely silent because players remove them, because Devs won't do anything to stop gold spammers. I'd been beta testing for a while, and it went like this -
    -players complain about bugs and gold spammers
    -devs do nothing
    -devs do nothing
    -devs do nothing
    -devs announce open beta is ending and game is going live
    -bugs still there gold spammers still there, but now there are lockboxes

A couple people here have problem heard me talk about how much I liked this game so far but I'm done with it.
    Like I said, I hope the Neverwinter launch/beta is different. RaiderZ had a lot of potential and it ended up (as far as I'm concerned) dead on arrival. No dev interest = no interest (and especially no MONEY) from me.
  • popsook69popsook69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Surprised we haven't seen any updates in a while and I was noticing before that there wasn't a week that went by without some update of sorts. Anyone else anticipating something juicy for their next bit of news??
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ranncore wrote: »
    The main cities chat channels in RaiderZ are completely silent because players remove them, because Devs won't do anything to stop gold spammers. I'd been beta testing for a while, and it went like this -
    -devs do nothing
    -devs do nothing
    -devs do nothing
    -devs announce open beta is ending and game is going live
    -bugs still there gold spammers still there, but now there are lockboxes

A couple people here have problem heard me talk about how much I liked this game so far but I'm done with it.
    Like I said, I hope the Neverwinter launch/beta is different. RaiderZ had a lot of potential and it ended up (as far as I'm concerned) dead on arrival. No dev interest = no interest (and especially no MONEY) from me.

Aye I didn't go back after beta either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Neverwinter is clearly positioned as the big future cash cow for Cryptic. With an official D&D license in hand, NWO is now being watched by just about everyone. They have a chance to really do something big here.

As for the flood of spam plaguing Raider Z and potentially Neverwinter, it needs to be rectified. Turbine did great work in this field. Cryptic needs to come down hard on gold spammers, while offering a simple way for gamers to report offenders.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You are spot on accurate on that one Ranncore. Just take a look at the blatant spam issues affecting Raider Z customers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uydYPm0oq3I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxGZb5gwrQY

You can't even /block [spammer] and block it yourself in most cases because it goes by SO fast that it's almost impossible to type in the name fast enough to block, so you are bound to look at scrolling spam while you are trying to play the game. Completely unacceptable. I hope this game ships with much tighter controls over gold spammers.

I see this as a major stumbling block for Neverwinter if it goes live with the gold spammer issues as it stands in Raider Z at the moment. That's just redonkulous.

I have...no words.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    O_o Awful. And somehow fascinating to watch.
  • alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So it's been ten days since we got any news about this game. Highly un-orthodox for a game that is supposed to be released in a few months.

But then again, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition is out next week, so one will have something to pass the time with.
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • oleon49oleon49 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Does any one know how to get a one-time code for Neverwinter?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Sadly there is no way to get a closed beta key at this exact moment.

Some methods to gaining one are by...
    1. Making a Cryptic/PWE Account (which you have) you are automatically eligible for random selection
    2. Going to a Gaming Convention and visiting the Neverwinter Booth
    3. Being a CO/STO Lifetime Subscriber
    4. Buying a Raider's Founder's Pack (not sure if this promotion is still running)

However the game is still in the Alpha Stages and is not open to the general public. Even if you had a closed beta key, such as I do, it wouldn't give you access to the game until the closed beta test starts ;)
    edited November 2012
    16kuiox.jpg

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    16kuiox.jpg

*Rushes to check medicine cabinet...I mean no comment*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hippyohippyo Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh man. I mean Ouww wow ! Shouldn't we all go out and attend the TCM ceremony ? Sure you don't need dope to keep going ? eh ? Peace, out.

omm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My refuge while we wait for beta...

031.jpg
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
    edited November 2012
    *Rushes to check medicine cabinet...I mean no comment*

Hahahaha...

• ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2012
    So... I remember Andy saying in an interview "definitely inviting beta testers by the end of 2012" and that's coming pretty quick now. And I haven't seen any footage anywhere of a cleric. Sure would be nice, PW, hint hint, wink wink, like that Guardian Fighter trailer.

But seriously developers have been painfully silent for some time now... what's goin on over there Cryptic?!
    edited November 2012
    So... I remember Andy saying in an interview "definitely inviting beta testers by the end of 2012" and that's coming pretty quick now. And I haven't seen any footage anywhere of a cleric. Sure would be nice, PW, hint hint, wink wink, like that Guardian Fighter trailer.

But seriously developers have been painfully silent for some time now... what's goin on over there Cryptic?!

It's amazing how many times people clearly state that they say they hear this.

From recent videos Andy said they PLANNED for a release early 2013 and beta to PARAPHRASE "A few months before that."

Even so, most people do not seem to understand even if they find video about something otherwise, they absolutely MUST invalidate anything released BEFORE mid-August 2012 (generally speaking anything before the end of Gamescon) before the delay to the game was announced.

Trying to find anything suggesting the end of 2012, I found one article here (my underline not theirs) saying
    The Foundry is capable of far more than I’ve given it credit for here, but I find myself absolutely at a loss for words when trying to find a starting point. The beta is tentatively due by the end of 2012, so be sure to keep an eye out here for some walkthroughs on content creation. There will be many, and they will provide a great insight into the flexibility and scope of Neverwinter. Best of show for me, hands down, but that’s hardly a surprise.

Now, if somebody wishes to show something AFTER mid-August 2012 and meeting the criterion above, please provide a valid link for the community to view and the game staff to comment on. Else, it didn't happened or no longer is currently valid and is done or gone.

I get a lot of people swearing absolutely on X, and it turns out it's Y. A lot of times memory isn't literal, it's associative, meaning we relate to things, not photographically/eidetically recall it. For example, even now, I was pretty sure that word was spelled i-d-e-t-ic-l-y. But my checker sad it was wrong even if it had the wrong solutions. I searched and lo and behold...the correct spelling. (both words mean perfect recall like a picture recreation, the latter is just more clinical.)

As for the future stuff, we will see what is released now we have some people returned to the US from Europe. It has been a bit quiet and I hope that means Cryptic is ramping up something (honestly I don't know if they are or not.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rahverahve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited November 2012
    Well, the cryptic silence (hah hah) is killing the hype and anticipation for this game. It's a shame that there isn't any kind of communication from Neverwinter's team to the playerbase and all we get here is a few regular users that got promoted to mod only based on their level of forum activity, with no knowledge on what's actually going on behind the curtain.

We'll see how it goes, but I preordered TLII just to get Beta access and now I'm not even sure I'll make use of that Beta key due to this generalised feeling of dissidia and abandonment I get.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

- W.E.H.
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's amazing how many times people clearly state that they say they hear this.

From recent videos Andy said they PLANNED for a release early 2013 and beta to PARAPHRASE "A few months before that."

Even so, most people do not seem to understand even if they find video about something otherwise, they absolutely MUST invalidate anything released BEFORE mid-August 2012 (generally speaking anything before the end of Gamescon) before the delay to the game was announced.

Trying to find anything suggesting the end of 2012, I found one article here (my underline not theirs) saying

Now, if somebody wishes to show something AFTER mid-August 2012 and meeting the criterion above, please provide a valid link for the community to view and the game staff to comment on. Else, it didn't happened or no longer is currently valid and is done or gone.

I get a lot of people swearing absolutely on X, and it turns out it's Y. A lot of times memory isn't literal, it's associative, meaning we relate to things, not photographically/eidetically recall it. For example, even now, I was pretty sure that word was spelled i-d-e-t-ic-l-y. But my checker sad it was wrong even if it had the wrong solutions. I searched and lo and behold...the correct spelling. (both words mean perfect recall like a picture recreation, the latter is just more clinical.)

As for the future stuff, we will see what is released now we have some people returned to the US from Europe. It has been a bit quiet and I hope that means Cryptic is ramping up something (honestly I don't know if they are or not.)

Hey there Truth here Andy states towards the end of this year and the beginning of next the video date is from Pax Prime 2012 which was from Aug 31 to Sept 2 its in the list of videos in my interview compilation. Which is most likely why people still have the idea that its happening in 2012. I think until we see a post on the main page or by one of the developers in the forums with a clear statement of when its going to happen we're going to get a lot of people wondering what is going on with regards to closed beta.

Edit:
    Also found here Craig says early 2013 early 2013 for beta.

Also Andy says "closed beta 2012 for sure" here
    edited November 2012
    Andy says "closed beta 2012 for sure" here

This was also before the decision to delay launch to include pvp (based on my poll an unpopular addition with a large majority of NWO forumites) and polish (viewed popularly by most forumites that's commented on this).

Regardless what the reasons for delay, patience seems to be running thin. This tends to spike when there are long periods of silence from the devs.

We are getting closer to the start of closed beta, yet the time they've told us they needed for polish is imperative to a great game, and we all want that.

• bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This was also before the decision to delay launch to include pvp (based on my poll an unpopular addition with a large majority of NWO forumites) and polish (viewed popularly by most forumites that's commented on this).

Regardless what the reasons for delay, patience seems to be running thin. This tends to spike when there are long periods of silence from the devs.

We are getting closer to the start of closed beta, yet the time they've told us they needed for polish is imperative to a great game, and we all want that.

Actually I don't think so this was from Pax Prime 2012 which was from Aug 31 to Sept 2...however, my point was to show that we are getting a lot of conflicting information based on video and article interviews that state different things after the "mid-august" time frame people have been using.
    edited November 2012
    rahve wrote: »
    Well, the cryptic silence (hah hah) is killing the hype and anticipation for this game. It's a shame that there isn't any kind of communication from Neverwinter's team to the playerbase and all we get here is a few regular users that got promoted to mod only based on their level of forum activity, with no knowledge on what's actually going on behind the curtain.

We'll see how it goes, but I preordered TLII just to get Beta access and now I'm not even sure I'll make use of that Beta key due to this generalised feeling of dissidia and abandonment I get.

You are not on auto-dial. Get over it. There is a lot of work they are trying to get accomplished so we have a killer game. The mods did not get bumped based solely on their forum activity. In fact 1 mod spent very little time here. It was based on talent and probably vision, something they all clearly have.

Pre-launch communication with the community is not Cryptic's strong suit, that's evident. However if they produce a great game - little will matter going forward.

edited November 2012
    Actually I don't think so this was from Pax Prime 2012 which was from Aug 31 to Sept 2...however, my point was to show that we are getting a lot of conflicting information based on video and article interviews that state different things after the "mid-august" time frame people have been using.

Yes, there is conflicting information out there. There are many big companies working together to bring us this game, and asking for a clear unified message is simply not going to happen yet, as there is more work to do. This can change daily. So for just that reason, that you are holding Andy to his every word from three months ago, is precisely the reason it would be premature to give a release date, or even the date of the next phase, before they complete the current phase they are on.

I called for a very general projected timeline early in 2012, and when they didnt produce one, and released goblygook for months, I knew what the practice was going to be. Sad truth - We arent hearing Jack Spit until they are ready to start closed beta.

And yes, I agree it has cost them momentum, and loss of community. Just take 2 Xanax a day, and stop by my office sometime in 2013 ;)

edited November 2012
    Hey there Truth here Andy states towards the end of this year and the beginning of next the video date is from Pax Prime 2012 which was from Aug 31 to Sept 2 its in the list of videos in my interview compilation. Which is most likely why people still have the idea that its happening in 2012. I think until we see a post on the main page or by one of the developers in the forums with a clear statement of when its going to happen we're going to get a lot of people wondering what is going on with regards to closed beta.

Edit:
    Also found here Craig says early 2013 early 2013 for beta.

Also Andy says "closed beta 2012 for sure" here

That second quote should have been said in reverse so it's like from 2012-2013. Aandre is correct on the third link which actually was earlier than the youtube...no PAX East not Prime.

But regarding that first link....Andy...are you going to assume the position?
    No ?

*Pouts* I NEVER get to use my Paddle of Hazing +3 :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    This interview with Andy and Greg, when asked about open beta Andy said "definitely by the end of 2012."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhhLZAFJmTs

Granted that video is from 7 months ago.

But the Cryptic team has been dreadfully silent. If you have ANY data that suggests any other time frame for open beta or release, do share it.

*edit ope here we go in August this went up and said "beta in late 2012 / early 2013" via Greg http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EhpYM8GDMIE#t=1250s

It's not even a big deal when it comes out - I can wait, I'll have to obviously heh - I just wish they would give us SOMETHING. when's the last time a Dev made a forum presence or a new video came out? August?

Also: regarding his description of the Neverwinter campaign setting - "It's the best one." Heh. Good description :)

I like Greyhawk better for my campaigns but for an MMO Neverwinter is definitely the best option.
    edited November 2012
    That second quote should have been said in reverse so it's like from 2012-2013. Aandre is correct on the third link which actually was earlier than the youtube...no PAX East not Prime.

But regarding that first link....Andy...are you going to assume the position?

No ?

*Pouts* I NEVER get to use my Paddle of Hazing +3 :(

I'm a bit confused none of the videos I linked were from Pax East (Mar 22-24) they were from Pax Prime, as the Foundry wasn't available during Pax East. However, like I said the point in case was that there is information out there that is current (past the mid August period) that indicates closed beta 2012 so those people stating that they were expecting it was not incorrect.
  • surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Over a month until end-of-year, so it *could* still happen :D
  • kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Dumb and dumber quote "You mean there's a chance?" What we really need is the developers GF to tell us what is really at the heart of the problem.:p
  • dethnightslayerdethnightslayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am not sure if anyone has brought this up in this thread, but late last month I saw a thread over in MMORPG, that was removed maybe an hour or so later if even that long, that had 2 or 3 people, with pics of the patcher program, saying they had gotten invites and had downloaded the game. It could have been someone trolling, but the pic or two I looked at looked legit.
    edited November 2012
    This interview with Andy and Greg, when asked about open beta Andy said "definitely by the end of 2012."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhhLZAFJmTs

Granted that video is from 7 months ago.

But the Cryptic team has been dreadfully silent. If you have ANY data that suggests any other time frame for open beta or release, do share it.

*edit ope here we go in August this went up and said "beta in late 2012 / early 2013" via Greg http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EhpYM8GDMIE#t=1250s

It's not even a big deal when it comes out - I can wait, I'll have to obviously heh - I just wish they would give us SOMETHING. when's the last time a Dev made a forum presence or a new video came out? August?

Also: regarding his description of the Neverwinter campaign setting - "It's the best one." Heh. Good description :)

I like Greyhawk better for my campaigns but for an MMO Neverwinter is definitely the best option.

Again this is April 2012 the delay to 2013 was discussed in news sites without direct comment from Cryptic (interview) AFTER mid August 2012. This was when the SITES reported it, and the company talked about the later release dates even later than that (September from them on the news sites, but not 100% sure.)

Long story short: even if the "beta" info was released after mid August 2012 then recently from that date, expect it to NOT be at the end of 2012.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Paris video mentions beta as early 2013...
This discussion has been closed.