What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Beta Anxiety Thread!

Comments

• Options
    zealotdancepartyzealotdanceparty Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There absolutely is NO BETA TESTING TODAY!

There is no beta in the next few days either. Beta was never released. When beta is released, I promise you there will be a special announcement thread, as well as eevry gaming news agency will be screaming it. I'm sure all the internal testers trying to get this game ready by crunch time aren't happy having their company yelled at by "informed gamers" why "they weren't told it's released today."

But that's why wrong information is never supported over actual release announcements. I'll tell you, I'd never support those people with NDA if that's how they act when Beta comes out and if it's secret!

TT. damn informed gamers...getting my hopes up for nothing. No but seriously, i read it on a forum of tenacious gamer, they were handing out beta-keys. Ah well, maybe its time to re-install nwn2 again, who wants to make a dnd dance party and run trough the campaign? :D
  • Options
    f0zzf0zz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No Beta key yet =/
  • Options
    thedio777thedio777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited November 2012
    Still is it pre 2012 or after :P ?
  • Options
    daxoniadaxonia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Do people who purchased the RaiderZ Founders' Pack get their key a few days before the beta? I've yet to recieve a key from purchasing it.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There absolutely is NO BETA TESTING TODAY!

There is no beta in the next few days either. Beta was never released. When beta is released, I promise you there will be a special announcement thread, as well as eevry gaming news agency will be screaming it. I'm sure all the internal testers trying to get this game ready by crunch time aren't happy having their company yelled at by "informed gamers" why "they weren't told it's released today."

But that's why wrong information is never supported over actual release announcements. I'll tell you, I'd never support those people with NDA if that's how they act when Beta comes out and if it's secret!

Sadly NDA means very little to those people testing, I am always amazed who is selected as they will do just about anything to prove to people that they are in a "super secret friends and family test" Personally I just try to ignore them which is hard because we all want to know more about Neverwinter and these yahoo's are throwing out videos and info left and right...but they are also throwing out their personal opinions and Philosophies and making it sound like they are Cryptics opinions and philosophies.

I found out all I need to know about Neverwinter from my hands on time and I think it is an Amazing MMO....I can wait until it's ready, if Beta isn't until July I can wait, because I know what the developers are trying to accomplish.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2012
    Lets go back to the plan where we break into Cryptic and just take NWO. I liked that idea.
    I've got a freezer that hasn't been cleaned out for a year - maybe two. Maybe if we just dump the contents onto Cryptic's front lawn everyone will leave. We'll have to have gas masks for ourselves, of course.
  • Options
    blakeyesrblakeyesr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If I could say for when it will be possible to prove it?
    We are nothing new to December and nobody says anything.
    People of staff could comment on that, personally and lost hopes.
    see
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ranncore wrote: »
    Lets go back to the plan where we break into Cryptic and just take NWO. I liked that idea.
    I've got a freezer that hasn't been cleaned out for a year - maybe two. Maybe if we just dump the contents onto Cryptic's front lawn everyone will leave. We'll have to have gas masks for ourselves, of course.

Sounds like a good plan. I will pick you up this evening with my car, if your wife wont mind that. Then we will give it a try. Also, dont forget to wear non-reflective clothing, we need to do this in utmost stealth. :D (also we might need lockpicks...)
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2012
    I've got some urban camouflage (tie-dye) that ought to be perfect.
    I don't have any lockpicks but I have some rusty old hypodermic needles, that ought to do.
    I think we'd attract too much attention in a car, it's too loud. I've got one of those huge, multi-seated bicycles where up to 8 of us can pedal at once. That would probably be better.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll have to sit this one out...I'm kind of...did you know you have to be a registered violence offender if you actually go too far...even with PWE bears?

Well, you know where the weapon stashes are. Viva la Beta-lution!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hippyohippyo Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To Betalle ! Ta-Daa
    if Beta isn't until July I can wait, because I know what the developers are trying to accomplish.

Is it that they need to complete Faerun in its entirety before we get another glimpse ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I've got some urban camouflage (tie-dye) that ought to be perfect.
    I don't have any lockpicks but I have some rusty old hypodermic needles, that ought to do.
    I think we'd attract too much attention in a car, it's too loud. I've got one of those huge, multi-seated bicycles where up to 8 of us can pedal at once. That would probably be better.

nice. btw, sorry i didnt show up at your home. Its seems this place is not safe. There is some guy that says community moderator (it just sounds fishy to me), good odds that our objective has doubled patrols and security right now. I will contact you in private with details. And yea a bike would be really nice :D...also with that we can go off-road, that will increase our chances of escape afterwards.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nice. btw, sorry i didnt show up at your home. Its seems this place is not safe. There is some guy that says community moderator (it just sounds fishy to me), good odds that our objective has doubled patrols and security right now. I will contact you in private with details. And yea a bike would be really nice :D...also with that we can go off-road, that will increase our chances of escape afterwards.

Hey...I heard that, that's ridiculous! I'm still one of you.

But would you mind repeating what you said earlier slowly into my button lapel flower here that is absolutely not a mike?
    hippyo wrote: »
    To Betalle ! Ta-Daa

Is it that they need to complete Faerun in its entirety before we get another glimpse ?

We've been made, TANGO TANGO TANGO!

*rushes off and boards black helecopter*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kasjanxpkasjanxp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 36
    edited November 2012
    hi all
    how can i get 100% close beta key for NWO?(21.11.2012)
    there was torchlight 2 preorder wich i failed(i didnt even know NWO is on way)
    perhaps has someone 1 key for me wich he/she dont need?
    were some beta phases to play?is beta now open?are betas like GW2 where you go weekend?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    When beta is close, key offers will show. Right now I can say there are still bugs and stuff the developers are likely working on so it's not quite ready for Beta but hope it is soon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hey...I heard that, that's ridiculous! I'm still one of you.

But would you mind repeating what you said earlier slowly into my button lapel flower here that is absolutely not a mike?

You are? O.o

Yea sure, we were discussing how we could get some money together, so we can bake cookies, to deliver to the neverwinter studios, to give, because of all the hard work going on. *smiles*
  • Options
    remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Still checking every day for more info of the launch of Beta. I am playing WoW right now but I am looking forward to the simple dungeon grind that I envision Neverwinter to be (sort of a more MMOy Diablo). I had hoped for a November announcement but I doubt thats going to happen considering how late we are into the month. Well there is always December I guess ha ha. Anyways I am still looking forward to trying out the game, hopefully I will enjoy it!
  • Options
    remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kasjanxp wrote: »
    hi all
    are betas like GW2 where you go weekend?

From what I have experienced with almost every F2P game ever made open beta is launch. It may not officially be considered launch and people will make threads on the forums saying "its still beta guys give it some time" but in reality people will decide whether they play the game or not pretty much at the beginning of open beta. Therefore closed beta is almost what open beta is supposed to be for most companies. Its where they do trial stress tests and where they fix problems that a large player-base can expose (class imbalances and stuff) but pretty much every foundation of the game will have been set in stone. I wouldn't worry too much, closed betas aren't extremely hard to get in too just be patient and watch for give aways on mmohut and similar websites when the closed has started. I don't think I have ever seen a F2P game have weekend closed betas. Besides maybe End of Nations and Hawken.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ah looks like game will be pushed to 3Q2013 since still none news on closed beta dates even and knowing pwe their games get released 5-6 moths after start of closed beta , but they never release games in summer or close to it usually their games get released 1Q of year or 3Q
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    warpet wrote: »
    ah looks like game will be pushed to 3Q2013 since still none news on closed beta dates even and knowing pwe their games get released 5-6 moths after start of closed beta , but they never release games in summer or close to it usually their games get released 1Q of year or 3Q

No real evidence to suggest that is true Andy and Craig both said early 2013
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    From what I have experienced with almost every F2P game ever made open beta is launch. It may not officially be considered launch and people will make threads on the forums saying "its still beta guys give it some time" but in reality people will decide whether they play the game or not pretty much at the beginning of open beta....

....but pretty much every foundation of the game will have been set in stone [in beta].

Let's just say I hope this game's launch is different than RaiderZ's launch.
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wasn't around for that one. Bad?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Basically the only change from the open beta into launch and officially open was the addition of lock boxes.
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Basically the only change from the open beta into launch and officially open was the addition of lock boxes.

I'm not sure I understand why that's undesirable. It's certainly not exciting, but it sounds like smooth sailing to me.
  • Options
    trevaremtrevarem Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In theory the beta software should have the same functionality as the release software. The beta version usually has some additional debug functions for the developers for debugging.
    In reality time and money constraints often lead to differences in the beta functionality and the release functionality. The bigger these differences are the more bugs you can expect in the release version.
    So therefore personally i like it if there are only minor differences between beta and release software.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    warpet wrote: »

But this game is being developed by Cryptic and distributed by PWE. Cryptic still has full atuonomy in making the game. Markting is a different story but your logic is faulty this time.
    So much for the summer of neverwinter. Or maybe they were leaking a year ahead ?

They mentioned in that summer period of August 2012 that they were delaying the game until early 2013 for PvP inclusion at launch as well as more polish to the game. In short, not to release a game at launch that looked like...it did with their last distributor.

You mean RaiderZ? Likely so since they do all the bug changes in Alpha internal testing and are pretty polished by the time they get to Beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Yep, basically the RaiderZ open beta wasn't a test of the games functionality but the market's spending habits. As such there was a lot of disappointment during and after launch on the behalf of players and devs alike. There were no patch notes, no content updates, no change in the flood of gold spammers... just the addition of a questionable gambling mechanic to sell in the cash shop many players have spoken out against.
    I sincerely hope that Neverwinter goes a little different. PWI needs to realize that if they want to attract new customers instead of just juggle the customers they already have in between their newest games, they're going to have to change the way they do some things.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,368 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yep, basically the RaiderZ open beta wasn't a test of the games functionality but the market's spending habits. As such there was a lot of disappointment during and after launch on the behalf of players and devs alike. There were no patch notes, no content updates, no change in the flood of gold spammers... just the addition of a questionable gambling mechanic to sell in the cash shop many players have spoken out against.
    I sincerely hope that Neverwinter goes a little different. PWI needs to realize that if they want to attract new customers instead of just juggle the customers they already have in between their newest games, they're going to have to change the way they do some things.

You are spot on accurate on that one Ranncore. Just take a look at the blatant spam issues affecting Raider Z customers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uydYPm0oq3I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxGZb5gwrQY

You can't even /block [spammer] and block it yourself in most cases because it goes by SO fast that it's almost impossible to type in the name fast enough to block, so you are bound to look at scrolling spam while you are trying to play the game. Completely unacceptable. I hope this game ships with much tighter controls over gold spammers.

I see this as a major stumbling block for Neverwinter if it goes live with the gold spammer issues as it stands in Raider Z at the moment. That's just redonkulous.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    hippyohippyo Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The simple solution to that is to just change your chat chanel or remove the global chat from your chat options. Totally spammed global chat is what you can expect in any highly populated mmo. The more underlying problem in my oppinion is that gold selling and account selling has become a business in itself and a suprising number of characters will be bots or farmers. Depending on the structure of the game, this can ruin it completely for normal players. I'm a casual player even tho i play like 10 hours daily, and i just hate it. As already stated otherwise, i am against cash games farmer games gambling games games with high item farming etc games.
    I seriously think item trading and cash transfers should be completely removed form the game in order to save its reputation as a mostly entertainment focussed medium. Its about adventureing, heroes and stuff. Not about trading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.