What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Beta Anxiety Thread!

Comments

• Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think you only got the key if you pre ordered torchlight. It's a good game on its own though and worth the money!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    billketc wrote: »
    i just purchased torchlight 2 and no beta key to neverwinter online mmorpg beta :( please hurry up and send me a beta invite please

If you JUST purchased Torchlight 2 that no longer applies. It was when you could PRE ORDER Torchlight 2 and only through PWE's link not Steam. Feel free to read my FAQ linked in my sig for more info on Beta currently.

Anyway, I'm still looking for the Vent that takes me to Beta *ducks as the booing masses throw debris at him for that bad joke*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Overlap so moved to consolidated thread since it was the same answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If you JUST purchased Torchlight 2 that no longer applies. It was when you could PRE ORDER Torchlight 2 and only through PWE's link not Steam. Feel free to read my FAQ linked in my sig for more info on Beta currently.

Anyway, I'm still looking for the Vent that takes me to Beta *ducks as the booing masses throw debris at him for that bad joke*
    You're lucky I don't MM you IRL! What are you, me? b:surrender

Your're lucky I don't throw a dagger at you IRL! What are you, Truth? b:laugh
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Your're lucky I don't throw a dagger at you IRL! What are you, Truth? b:laugh

Touche'...almost. I would have given it to you if you threatened to throw a scimitar at me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    torgaardtorgaard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    The topic in this thread does not really matter, consider this a safe haven for off-topic and off-the wall things for now. Some people's venting may just consist of idle-chatter. We aim to aid in whatever civil venting needs done here. ;-)

I don't know what we're yelling about!
  • Options
    thedio777thedio777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited October 2012
    Since is this an all-topic post i'm gonna say 3 things.

First, if any of you EVER played turn based rts games, you should know that the AGE OF WONDERS 3 is getting developed. If any of you haven't played age of wonder II, get busy...

Second of all if you liked the old medial stronghold game, you should learn that a stronghold crusader 2 is being also developed.!

I am not advertising, just trying to make people excited like me, and perhaps increase their pain on waiting games :p

And third, Does anyone have any estimation about the release of the cbt? Like..a range of dates? Like 10-29 days ? Gimmie something, ANYTHING
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    thedio777 wrote: »

Second of all if you liked the old medial stronghold game, you should learn that a stronghold crusader 2 is being also developed.!
    It has only gone downward slope ever since crusader. I won't expect much of it. But I do hope I can make good castles using foundry ... And some wars ... I hope castle simulation is a part of NW like an upgraded part of NWN2 castle system.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    It has only gone downward slope ever since crusader. I won't expect much of it. But I do hope I can make good castles using foundry ... And some wars ... I hope castle simulation is a part of NW like an upgraded part of NWN2 castle system.

Actually It's a self-published game, and funded by the crowd. it's more like a remake of crusader with better grfics and physics engine, so i have high hopes of it :) Stronghold 3 ****ed up just because of the publisher...greedy money sucking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    And third, Does anyone have any estimation about the release of the cbt? Like..a range of dates? Like 10-29 days ? Gimmie something, ANYTHING

Soon but not as soon as we would like.

The real answer is "when it's ready" and they do not have a release date to share, not even with the moderators.
    *puts up his boy scout salute* Scout's honor!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    The real answer is "when it's ready" and they do not have a release date to share, not even with the moderators.
    *readies his Austin powered spying equipment*
    So moderators do get access to inside info?
    *camera check*
    *microphone check*
    *satellite check*
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    I think you're hearing what you want to hear.

But if you listen in chances are all you'll learn is that the people at Cryptic such as Melanderi are just as big D&D Fans as any user on the forum. *Grins*
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    turn based rts games
    Turn Based Real Time Strategy games? Does that exist? O_o

I'd like to think that, finally, during November some people may get lucky. My guts says something about December though. Which would be ok. I may have the time to try completing XCOM in CI or maybe to build a super fortress in A Game of Dwarves.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    shiaika wrote: »
    Turn Based Real Time Strategy games? Does that exist? O_o

I'd like to think that, finally, during November some people may get lucky. My guts says something about December though. Which would be ok. I may have the time to try completing XCOM in CI or maybe to build a super fortress in A Game of Dwarves.

Well it's a hybrid since it has simultaneous turns...
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Waitin' for the beta over here too :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
  • Options
    abaddon1979abaddon1979 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Anyone else have the beta keys from Gencon? I played it there and spoke to one of the devs, he told me it was running slow because of the servers they brought with them were kind of crappy for what the game needed to run. Cant wait to see what it does in the correct enviroment.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    maps dna sgge neerg!

I'd say those eggs are cooking at a fevers pitch by now! Something may break soon... and that's no yoke!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    buffaro90buffaro90 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Can you still get a beta-key for buying TL2 or was it only for pre-orders
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    buffaro90 wrote: »
    Can you still get a beta-key for buying TL2 or was it only for pre-orders

Pre-Orders only and at that, only for Pre-Orders bought through the Perfect World Entertainment website itself. Steam's Pre-Order promotion was a free copy of Torchlight I. Torchlight II is out now, so the promotions are over.
  • Options
    cassieotrekcassieotrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    and i got a feeling that game will be a succes because the produces were very close to the gamers...here at neverwinter the wind blows throu the forum[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't mind waiting as long as nwo version of foundry has more toys. Very much want to see an explode object state for doors etc. I've been trying to think a way around it for awhile now. The actors move if you use a costume of an object lol. Anywayz if it takes awhile its all good. Gives me time to do some storyboards ahead of time ha ha;) Though it should not be a huge amount of time. I mean its sto with a nwn theme same setup, they just need to fill it in create the maps etc. Though lock picking and things like that worked into object states.... yuh that is going to be tricky. Also would like to see a way to design outfits , weapons and so forth to share. A offline utility something like milkshape 3d for nwo/sto with a virus scan on upload. As far as the wind stop listen you might hear the hammers.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    and i got a feeling that game will be a succes because the produces were very close to the gamers...here at neverwinter the wind blows throu the forum

Well, I don't mind waiting as long as nwo version of foundry has more toys. Very much want to see an explode object state for doors etc. I've been trying to think a way around it for awhile now. The actors move if you use a costume of an object lol. Anywayz if it takes awhile its all good. Gives me time to do some storyboards ahead of time ha ha;) Though it should not be a huge amount of time. I mean its sto with a nwn theme same setup, they just need to fill it in create the maps etc. Though lock picking and things like that worked into object states.... yuh that is going to be tricky. Also would like to see a way to design outfits , weapons and so forth to share. A offline utility something like milkshape 3d for nwo/sto with a virus scan on upload. As far as the wind stop listen you might hear the hammers.

*Actually, NWO is on a modified version of the Cryptic Engine and has just recently included simplygon into its technology. So, it's not just a "reskin" of STO and CO. Ryvvik just brought this up again also in the next thread.

Reference

On the note of breakables, that is something I wish for also. One of the few things I really love about DDO is the breakables. I love to smash things open, heh.
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    *Actually, NWO is on a modified version of the Cryptic Engine and has just recently included simplygon into its technology. So, it's not just a "reskin" of STO and CO. Ryvvik just brought this up in the next thread.

On the note of breakables, that is something I wish for also. One of the few things I really love about DDO is the breakables. I love to smash things open, heh.

yes breakables are nice, specially if we can knock back Critters into them, with the at- wills/powers to make the environment destructive to some degree, will have to wait and see.
  • Options
    asdoletto1asdoletto1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    hello, first post here.
    i'm trying to figure out how to apply to the beta; the official faq is missing something:

"When you for Neverwinter, you are automatically added to the pool of potential beta testers. You will be notified if you are selected to participate in beta testing."

"when you for neverwinter"? wth?
    on the beta code redeem page, i can see this message: "Neverwinter [Status]: Not Applied".

the faqs here in these forums don't mention a way to enter beta that doesn't entail buying something.

i was going to open a ticket but i figure someone here ought to know.

thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    asdoletto1 wrote: »
    hello, first post here.
    i'm trying to figure out how to apply to the beta; the official faq is missing something:

"When you for Neverwinter, you are automatically added to the pool of potential beta testers. You will be notified if you are selected to participate in beta testing."

"when you for neverwinter"? wth?
    on the beta code redeem page, i can see this message: "Neverwinter [Status]: Not Applied".

the faqs here in these forums don't mention a way to enter beta that doesn't entail buying something.

i was going to open a ticket but i figure someone here ought to know.

thanks in advance.

Well met and welcome to Neverwinter!

I apologize for the omission in the official FAQ. To clarify, just by being a registered member of Perfect World Entertainment, you are automatically entered into a lot to randomly receive a Closed Beta Key once they announce Closed Beta and on through out the CBT phase(s). If and when you are selected, you will receive a code via email at your registered email address on your account, so make sure you have *@perfectworld.com added to your email's whitelist to ensure it doesn't get flagged as spam.

The reason it says "Not Applied" is because you haven't yet entered a key, which of course is because you haven't yet been given one to enter there. Once you do get a CBT key and enter it there however, it will change to "Applied" and the button on the main page will change from "Apply Now" to "Download Now." However, don't let that download button fool you, as since CBT hasn't yet started, you won't be able to download anything yet if you get a CBT code before CBT begins.

I hope that helps!
  • Options
    asdoletto1asdoletto1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well met and welcome to Neverwinter!

I apologize for the omission in the official FAQ. To clarify, just by being a registered member of Perfect World Entertainment, you are automatically entered into a lot to randomly receive a Closed Beta Key once they announce Closed Beta and on through out the CBT phase(s). If and when you are selected, you will receive a code via email at your registered email address on your account, so make sure you have *@perfectworld.com added to your email's whitelist to ensure it doesn't get flagged as spam.

The reason it says "Not Applied" is because you haven't yet entered a key, which of course is because you haven't yet been given one to enter there. Once you do get a CBT key and enter it there however, it will change to "Applied" and the button on the main page will change from "Apply Now" to "Download Now." However, don't let that download button fool you, as since CBT hasn't yet started, you won't be able to download anything yet if you get a CBT code before CBT begins.

I hope that helps!

crystal clear and very helpful, thank you so much!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    ...So, it's not just a "reskin" of STO and CO. Ryvvik just brought this up again also in the next thread.
    Also the engine used by NW is the next version from previous games. So it has many new and improved physics effects.
  • Options
    thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    a beta key would complete the list of spell components .. and then i can cast neverwinter on my pc.. i have enough points in my UMD i think..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • Options
    karmicooziekarmicoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Welcome, karmicoozie.
    You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 04:00 PM
    Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

I think I deserve BETA KEY more than most.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Just testing a post and venting, so its kinda on-topic...

VALHALLA

The rainbow bridge to a land of pure debauchery, alcohol abuse and violence...

Fear the rainbow and prismatic spells!
  • Options
    pyrosaucepyrosauce Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hey quick question will there be an open beta for NEverwinter and if so is there some kind date be or a ball park if you can release that information.
This discussion has been closed.