test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Beta Anxiety Thread!

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    pyrosauce wrote: »
    Hey quick question will there be an open beta for NEverwinter and if so is there some kind date be or a ball park if you can release that information.

Since Closed Beta Test (CBT) has not yet even been announced, neither has any Open Beta Test information.

P.S. Your post was moved here. You may find some useful information in the first post in this thread and in last few pages of replies.
  • mazarenmazaren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited October 2012
    Will there be an open beta and when.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • geddings12geddings12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    RAWR!!!!!!

with that being said, i wish they would hurry up and annouce the closed beta already. I mean if the game is supposed to come out early next year and its now nearly Nov i would think SOME annoucment would be made. I think at least three months of testing would be great honestly. We'll see though likely it may be any day now that they annouce the test so here is hoping!
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    mazaren wrote: »
    Will there be an open beta and when.

They didnt even announce close beta yet :/ But the next month or two i believe it will be up :)

As for open beta my guess is next year.
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    My guess would be Nov - Dec for start of closed beta, Jan-Feb for start of open beta, Mar-Apr for official launch. That is "if" the live up to the promised "early 2013 launch" announcement...
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • mazarenmazaren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited October 2012
    can you say if there will be an open beta and if you can mention it when will it be available?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    To be honest, I thought by November (close enough by now,) they'd announce a planned date range for CB. I stand mistaken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    mazaren wrote: »
    can you say if there will be an open beta and if you can mention it when will it be available?

I can say a lot of things, but I may not have the information. Ability to do it versus permission to know it.

Sorry mother is a teacher.

At the time of the reply my info in the FAQ is correct. Please read the first section.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Moved more beta question/vent posts here. ;)
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    To be honest, I thought by November (close enough by now,) they'd announce a planned date range for CB. I stand mistaken.

Same with me Truth, however, I'm wondering if it will be announced with conjunction with Paris Games Week since if you play there you are guaranteed beta access (quoting various sites that have said and the FR community page seems to indicate this).
    edited October 2012
    Same with me Truth, however, I'm wondering if it will be announced with conjunction with Paris Games Week since if you play there you are guaranteed beta access (quoting various sites that have said and the FR community page seems to indicate this).

That would be nice however I feel I must mention that this is no different than other conventions for at all the past conventions they were handing out CBT Keys as well.
  • darren0kitlordarren0kitlor Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Considering they said they'd have it out by end of September, I'm a little disappointed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • illuminariiilluminarii Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Considering they said they'd have it out by end of September, I'm a little disappointed.

Consider it along the lines of the developers taking their time to get the game right than to hastily produce an inferior product.
  • xxbpdxxxxbpdxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I realize I may be asking an unanswerable question, but does anyone have any reasonable guess as to when they plan on starting some CB? I know others have been waiting much longer than I, and I know there is nothing official, or it would be posted all over the place. However, I was just wondering if anyone in a better position to know than I am has any decently educated guess as to when CB may be starting. I know I am only asking for guesses, but I am desperate, and losing the battle with my impatience. Last I had heard, CB was expected by the end of September, then it was to be announced (if not started) by November.

My post is probably pointless, but I am hoping for a miracle here. That I may get a response from someone with good reason to guess any specific month,... or maybe year at this point.

Also, with CB getting delayed so long, should I be expecting that we won't be seeing a launch in early 2013 as well?

b:angry b:sad b:cry b:surrender
    edited November 2012
    xxbpdxx wrote: »
    I realize I may be asking an unanswerable question, but does anyone have any reasonable guess as to when they plan on starting some CB? I know others have been waiting much longer than I, and I know there is nothing official, or it would be posted all over the place. However, I was just wondering if anyone in a better position to know than I am has any decently educated guess as to when CB may be starting. I know I am only asking for guesses, but I am desperate, and losing the battle with my impatience. Last I had heard, CB was expected by the end of September, then it was to be announced (if not started) by November.

My post is probably pointless, but I am hoping for a miracle here. That I may get a response from someone with good reason to guess any specific month,... or maybe year at this point.

Also, with CB getting delayed so long, should I be expecting that we won't be seeing a launch in early 2013 as well?

I apologize, my divination abilities have been diminished as a result of the atrocities by Cyric and Shar...

If I could hazard a best guess, I would like to believe that we will be in Closed Beta before or sometime in December. However, with the actual release date being nothing more than "Early 2013," Closed Testing may not begin until later. To me, "Early 2013" would mean sometime between January and May. My only basis for this is the official word of "Early 2013 Release" and Andy stating that the Beta Release Schedule will be coming "soon" to the web site in this recent video (at the end).
  • xxbpdxxxxbpdxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you for you prompt response. Hopefully, your guesses prove to be relatively accurate. I so can't wait to get my hands on this game!!

Thanks again.
    edited November 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    I apologize, my divination abilities have been diminished as a result of the atrocities by Cyric and Shar...

If I could hazard a best guess, I would like to believe that we will be in Closed Beta before or sometime in December. However, with the actual release date being nothing more than "Early 2013," Closed Testing may not begin until later. To me, "Early 2013" would mean sometime between January and May. My only basis for this is the official word of "Early 2013 Release" and Andy stating that the Beta Release Schedule will be coming "soon" to the web site in this recent video (at the end).

My guess would be Nov - Dec for start of closed beta, Jan-Feb for start of open beta, Mar-Apr for official launch. That is "if" the live up to the promised "early 2013 launch" announcement...

R.A. Salvatore is launching his new book and the last in the Neverwinter series in March so I have some hope that the launch will coincide around then. One can hope, right?
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    edited November 2012
    xxbpdxx wrote: »

Since the delay for PvP and general polish (making this Early 2013,) can you mention where you heard CB was actually starting the end of September then November? There's a lot of misinformation that people are basing stuff on, but there may be information that can be used and I tend to sort it out (see Section I in my FAQ on my signature link to read more about beta.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    I recall that being said at the end of a video but hell if I can remember what one. That said I remember it being Andy that said it and I remember it being said in a "I am guess a general time frame" manner.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    With the Holiday season approaching fast and no new information about beta I was wanting to get a general consensus about seeing any form of beta by 1/1/13 if not we would be looking at the end of January at the earliest or maybe even February, March or later.

Will that further disinterest the community, especially with Rumors of TESO starting beta 1st quarter of 2013?

Just would like to gather some thoughts on the matter.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited November 2012
    With the Holiday season approaching fast and no new information about beta I was wanting to get a general consensus about seeing any form of beta by 1/1/13 if not we would be looking at the end of January at the earliest or maybe even February, March or later.

Will that further disinterest the community, especially with Rumors of TESO starting beta 1st quarter of 2013?

Just would like to gather some thoughts on the matter.

Played Morrowind on my Xbox back in the day prior to Xbox360. Game was okay but nothing "that" special, while my D&D roots go that much more deep in me since elementary school. Will wait for Neverwinter to try it unless it lets me down and only then will I probably seek another game.

J
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
  • valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Played Morrowind on my Xbox back in the day prior to Xbox360. Game was okay but nothing "that" special, while my D&D roots go that much more deep in me since elementary school. Will wait for Neverwinter to try it unless it lets me down and only then will I probably seek another game.

J

I disagree their Jade. I felt like Morrowind was almost a different world of D&D. You could do anything, kill anyone, become whatever you wanted. Of course there were limits to magic abilities, but they were so far off that you could essentially do anything with spells/gear (glitches withstanding). There were HOURS of lore to hear or read about, and the difficulty level made it so that enemies were stronger than you were because they SHOULD be, like in D&D. Not the common "enemies level with but, never above you" used now a days.

Now, as for leaving this game for TESO, it's possible if I were to get into TESO beta I would leave here, and if good enough I might not be back for a while. But I guarantee I would come back here because it's D&D. TESO could be good, but not D&D good. I would hope everyone would come back here, but I'd say you're right for January/February beta at this point.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    leave NW for other game?

*Takes out a ring from his pocket*

"NW where will you get a fan like me? My... my... my preciousss!!!"b:dirty
    edited November 2012
    It is my personal opinion not in any way influenced by (nonexistent) inside information that we will see BETA in some form or another show up by the 1st quarter of 2013 if not earlier.

However, due to the complexity that the game has taken in adding features and additional "polish" (whatever that includes,) I also feel it is possible we might not see CB start by January 2013 POSSIBLY.

I also feel that many people have no idea the number of YEARS it took ANY title of The Elder Scrols (TES,) series to make from start to finish and make it look as "open ended" as it did. Even if they had years of secrecy on working on this before they announced this MMO, it STILL should be extremely buggy by the time Bethesda has their MMO company test their game.

Be prepared for a lot of disappointment there early on if you think you can be as "open book" as the single player game allowed you also. In some ways, that allocation of space and recourses for the single-player games each was one entire server's worth of MMO information alone just to make the single-player game work the way it did! Now imagine that minimum amount of space having to be entirely re-gutted and redone and add the MMO development having to mesh the two together.....then allocate this for each player. At least when this game was "redone" (NWO,) they were making an online (even if only the watered down co-op we knew) game to start!

As long as it's not as laggy as DDO has gotten, I'd consider playing both of these games! Sure D&D I've played longer, but I also played and matured with Arena to the current TES incarnations today over the last eighteen years! I wasn't alone when I thought, "wouldn't it be cool if we could somehow make this multi-player too?"

Yeah, thanks to TES we think of things like lock-picking as mini-games as default rather than optional! It's as much a part of computer gaming culture as any game was or is now.

So, yes, we will see beta here, no I don't know when they will start or if the goal they have set or others have suggested is what will be used or even if we'll be trying it by 1/1/13, but I don't think TESO will be a "game-killer" and faces the same kinds of challenges this game does but for different reasons, and look forward to playing all of the above!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Maybe the CBT is what the Mayan's were recording time to and is why their Calendar ends on Dec 21st, 2012... they were waiting for Beta and had inside knowledge of when it would happen, so they made a calendar for everyone to countdown.
    edited November 2012
    Maybe the CBT is what the Mayan's were recording time to and is why their Calendar ends on Dec 21st, 2012... they were waiting for Beta and had inside knowledge of when it would happen, so they made a calendar for everyone to countdown.

Shhh, we're not supposed to release that until Monday!...

Oh, our Lords and Masters have approved the rest of the people knowing? Rejoice!

*Pouts* I STILL can't offer the sacrifices though!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Honestly, I think (personal opinion here) that should this be delayed again (beta in general) and I were to get an invite to TESO, Neverwinter would lose out on this beta tester I would eventually play the game however if it turns out TESO extends an invite first they will be the ones who get my undivided attention. I tend to take beta tests seriously and typically only beta test one game at a time, so whomever ends up being interested in my feedback will be the one that gets it. Doesn't mean I won't play Neverwinter on release, it just means I wouldn't be beta testing.

Unfortunately (again my opinion) the hype train for Neverwinter is running thinly compared to other games so its hard to stay excited about something when the information that is coming out is the same stuff that has been discussed over the past 6 months. If they were to start doing things to increase interest (i.e. show/talk about things that haven't been discussed) they may keep my interest. I'm not sure maybe this is how F2P games launch but I'm definitely used to having a lot more involvement from the dev's and CM's when a game is due to launch in a 5 month time frame. But just my two cents.
    edited November 2012
    Shhh, we're not supposed to release that until Monday!...

Oh, our Lords and Masters have approved the rest of the people knowing? Rejoice!

*Pouts* I STILL can't offer the sacrifices though!

Meh, if I am wrong or the Mayans are upset and me, what's the worst that could happen? It's not like it could be the end of the world... :-D

A little more seriously though, I don't mind waiting for as long as Cryptic feels necessary. I'd wait another year if they wanted, I've waited for a decade or longer already for a FR MMO. What's another year? I'd much rather have a delayed release and delayed betas and longer testings than a marketed push for release.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Kinda look like beta will be january if we are lucky considering what i heard in the french video that recently came out

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=17051
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
    edited November 2012
    Meh, if I am wrong or the Mayans are upset and me, what's the worst that could happen? It's not like it could be the end of the world... :-D

We're still in CB there. Open Beta this December!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.