test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

crash to desktop loading screen

Comments

• kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Accusing Cryptic of actually communicating with us would be a bold faced lie because all they ever say is "we are aware of the problem and we're working on it". Cryptic's idea of communication is basically this:

... ... ... ... ...

In case you don;t know what that is, it's silence.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Day 5 check-in for the Order of Persistence. Still no joy in getting into the game.
  • constantine4constantine4 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Only difference is, with LoR i got in after couple of tries and i was good, with DR I'm royally screwed.:P
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
  • dylanrahldylanrahl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If its any help, i tried logging in today, first time rebooted my my system.

Second time i got a popup saying the graphics driver had crashed
    edited October 2014
    I saw that Cryptic had a party yesterday to celebrate the release of Delta Rising. So intead of taking the time to acknowledge us and fix our problem so we can also celbrate the release of Delta Rising by actually being able to play the game they take the time to throw a party. Priorities I guess. :rolleyes:
  • amrprincessamrprincess Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    boneskth wrote: »
    I saw that Cryptic had a party yesterday to celebrate the release of Delta Rising. So intead of taking the time to acknowledge us and fix our problem so we can also celbrate the release of Delta Rising by actually being able to play the game they take the time to throw a party. Priorities I guess. :rolleyes:

I know right? But that makes me think; Is it a real communication problem, or are they actually ignoring the problem, and by consequence, us?
    edited October 2014
    Are you freaking serious? Cryptic has a party celebrating the launch of Delta Rising, partying, and we're all still left out of the game from crashing launchers? WTF???

Uneducated devs who can't fix this graphics card/launcher crashing glitch and they're partying? Why exactly are they getting paid in the first place? Cryptic must be the only company that hires software devs to deliberately create bugs and glitches that prevent the launcher from working properly.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why does the party not surprise me.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    edited October 2014
    Why does the party not surprise me.

I guess it's the whole pessimistic feeling, ya know? We kind of knew that we would be ignored anyway, and a party celebrating the launch of the new expansion is not such a bad thing; Well, it wouldn't be such a bad thing weren't for lots of people unable to play the game :(
    edited October 2014
    This feels like a bunch of people dancing on the graves of those who have recently died. It's tasteless. Cryptic should be ashamed of themselves for celebrating STO when so many players cannot log into the &^%$# game.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The game works intermittently for me, right now it's not working. It did earlier, but now it doesn't. But hey, I had approximately no excitement for DR anyway, so I'll just party with you guys.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited October 2014
    kemcha wrote: »
    This feels like a bunch of people dancing on the graves of those who have recently died. It's tasteless. Cryptic should be ashamed of themselves for celebrating STO when so many players cannot log into the &^%$# game.

Lets not get to dramatic over this , but yeah day 6 and counting :D
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
  • greywolfiegreywolfie Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2014
    i'm new to sto started after lor had no problem running any of the game now i can't even get past the cryptic loading screen andso far they haven't said anything except send us a screenshot of the error and send us you your cpu info haven't heard from them since does anyone knowifthey are even trying to fix this :confused: :mad:
  • greywolfiegreywolfie Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2014
    errors i have gotten are 34318276 so i uninstalled and reinstalled like the tech help said now i get33880952 and it is notthe graphics because i played with no problembefor the dr patch and i came in after the lor patch issuse speaking of dr maybe they need doctor to fix thier dr patch
  • darioo1darioo1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kemcha wrote: »

how many sto players have ctd? ..1%,2%,maybe 5% max? ..it was a successful launch for the other 95% of the players and Cryptic devs.. and even if they lose 5% of their playerbase it will still be success. we are just Collateral damage.. DR will get new ppl to STO
    edited October 2014
    darioo1 wrote: »
    how many sto players have ctd? ..1%,2%,maybe 5% max? ..it was a successful launch for the other 95% of the players and Cryptic devs.. and even if they lose 5% of their playerbase it will still be success. we are just Collateral damage.. DR will get new ppl to STO

oh they resolve us.

Eventually.

I'm just a little pissed because they made a patch to resolve it, claimed it was fixed and moved on, and it made it worse as more people came in here complaining.
  • cyberdeath666cyberdeath666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was able to get on yesterday for a about 6 hours logged me in first time got right up to lvl 57 just about to hit 58 and doctor who came on so I left the game (on the player select screen) got back in all was good and just finished a BDA run with some guys from the 30k channel and boom the dam game crashed again with the same error as the login and I was just about to get the new bio console and I've been trying to login now for well over two hours I'm getting so pissed off with this makes me wonder why I pay my sub
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
  • lingglingg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same thing happening here. Still
    :cool: Check out Q - The FIRST Timelord's BLOG, here: https://universalbri.wordpress.com/

..... And check out my Open Source Work, here: https://sourceforge.net/u/universalbri/profile/
    edited October 2014
    So, anyone has any estimate on the time it'll take for them to fix the problem?

I predict at least two to two and a half months. :(
    edited October 2014
    So, anyone has any estimate on the time it'll take for them to fix the problem?

I predict at least two to two and a half months. :(

The over/under is 8 weeks. I'm taking the under at 6 weeks. :(
  • lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I get a ctd on loading screen as long as my logitech g35 usb is connected. I have to restart the pc without headset, start the game and then to connect my g35. Maybe this will help somebody...
    edited October 2014
    lebtron wrote: »
    I get a ctd on loading screen as long as my logitech g35 usb is connected. I have to restart the pc without headset, start the game and then to connect my g35. Maybe this will help somebody...

yeah i have tried that all headset thing, it doesn't help. But lets keep this going, atleast it gives some comfort :)
    Belgium

edited October 2014
    yeah i have tried that all headset thing, it doesn't help. But lets keep this going, atleast it gives some comfort :)

the error affects a small group of people in different ways.

Some can be fixed. Most cannot til the developers do it.
    edited October 2014
    the error affects a small group of people in different ways.

Some can be fixed. Most cannot til the developers do it.

Yeah i know i get that, with LoR i got cut in 1/5 tries, a mate give me a Nvidia update and all was fine after that. But at the moment nothing helps out.
    Belgium

• rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Okay, so it's not just me then. I get past the basic Cryptic loading screen, then I get a flash of blue screen, it shows me the Delta Rising load screen, and then it crashes back to desktop. If this many people are having issues, I think this counts as a priority. I mean, really this is kind of irritating, especially if this has been happening for a week after the DR expansion. I've only had this game since July, so I can't claim previous experience, but how did they fix it last time and can it be done from individual computers, because my patience wore out the tenth time it crashed, let alone what became the twentieth about five minutes ago.
  • alphaalias274alphaalias274 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I know right? But that makes me think; Is it a real communication problem, or are they actually ignoring the problem, and by consequence, us?
    Throwing a party instead of fixing a problem that they were already well aware of, and thus unnecessarily locking some players out, reveals that the devs have a complete lack of empathy or any kind of moral compass. Its sad really, since this shows that none of them had a proper upbringing.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rllaillieu wrote: »
    Okay, so it's not just me then. I get past the basic Cryptic loading screen, then I get a flash of blue screen, it shows me the Delta Rising load screen, and then it crashes back to desktop. If this many people are having issues, I think this counts as a priority. I mean, really this is kind of irritating, especially if this has been happening for a week after the DR expansion. I've only had this game since July, so I can't claim previous experience, but how did they fix it last time and can it be done from individual computers, because my patience wore out the tenth time it crashed, let alone what became the twentieth about five minutes ago.

Unless some stumbles on a workaround no it cant be fixed your end. The issue is with the coding the devs put in. Sorry to say as far as we know it is NOT a priority for the devs. As for how long its been happening, About season 5 is the earliest mentioned. With the release of Legacy of Romulus it took 6 weeks for them to fix the issue.

As for how they fixed it, we have no idea. Oh and communication from anyone cryptics side is nil to none. They will post the fix to Tribble first when its ready and save off patching Holodeck with the fix till the following thursday. (If they hold true to form.)

Welcome to the Order of Persistence.

We did not chose the order.
    Cryptic chose us for it.

(We just ran with it.) :D

Please don't let my 1000 post be in this thread!
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    *nods knowingly*

Just to let all you lovely people know the rest of the Order of Persistence has not forgotten you... even those of us that actually can get into the game feel your pain.

I am one of the "lucky" ones this time around. I can get into the game, and play it, without more than one CTD every hour! However, if I'm silly enough to try any of the new DR missions I have an issue during the cutscene from the first mission (Mindscape) which causes Gameclient.exe to stop working and CTD! This happens for any mission with a cutscene.

So don't despair, friends, plenty more bugs for you once they eventually get around to letting you in game again :P
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

edited October 2014
    I miss BranFlakes. He at least talked to us every so often to let us know that we weren't forgotten. :(