What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

crash to desktop loading screen

Comments

• Options
    boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We are "The Forgotten Ones" The expansion came out Tuesday. We heard ONCE from someone and they haven't been back since. Not even a courtesy, we are working on things and will have you taken care of as soon as possible, nothing, nada, zilch.
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That's what you call the generic reply from Cryptic. It's basically an automated recording which actually means "we're tired of you guys whining so shut the hell up".
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kemcha wrote: »
    This is much worse because Cryptic's annual Christmas event starts in a few weeks with the new Breen giveaway ship.

Im set for that to go. I ground three characters through that last year. One for the Chel Gret One for the Plesh Brek, and the third for whatever ship comes this year. And with the discounts applied to them I'm good, as long as I get Two days in there.
    That's what you call the generic reply from Cryptic. It's basically an automated recording which actually means "we're tired of you guys whining so shut the hell up".

Exactly.

I just spotted Brandon and invited him to say hello here. Please don't bite.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    noooo!!!!

the patch failed.

again....
  • Options
    cyberdeath666cyberdeath666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yeah its just not having a bar of it :( ive been trying since yesterday afternoon, and again ive been trying since 8am (GMT) looks like this is going to carry on over the weekend if the first patch is anything to go by
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Day four check-in. No joy, still can't get in. See you all on day five.
  • Options
    sovakofvulcansovakofvulcan Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Please don't ask me why this worked...but I am in

Uninstalled video drivers
    Uninstalled video card
    Deleted direct x 11
    Booted in windows safe mode
    Reinstalled everything
    Booted normally
    Game works
    Go figure
    Admiral Jisil T'ror
    Admiral Sovak
    “Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers...”
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Failed. Again.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    constantine4constantine4 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Atleast with LoR it allowed me to log in 1/5 tries, now im completely blocked. :(
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
  • Options
    constantine4constantine4 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If i remember well, with LoR it took months to get fixed.
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
  • Options
    amrprincessamrprincess Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, have any of you had a case of ninja-patch? 'Cause i logged on the launcher this morning and it started to patch 103 MB of something... And by the way, whatever it was it didn't help any :(

• Options
    darioo1darioo1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    new patch same crash..cmon cryptic i have 10k zen to spend!!!
  • Options
    jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I already spent 12500 zen a few days ago, and can't use the damn stuff yet!
    animated.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I know. I have 2,500 Zen that I have been wanting to spend on that new Fed Guardian not to mention 300 Master Keys just sitting in my inventory slots.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So, have any of you had a case of ninja-patch? 'Cause i logged on the launcher this morning and it started to patch 103 MB of something... And by the way, whatever it was it didn't help any :(

it was patched last night.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The patch did NOT work. Correction, it did work, it's still crashing more frequently than ever.
  • Options
    darioo1darioo1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I already spent 12500 zen a few days ago, and can't use the damn stuff yet!

you crashing too Mc? 3ppl from our fleet... :eek:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Perhaps Cryptic needs to hire new devs who actually know how to fix this problem.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The patch did NOT work. Correction, it did work, it's still crashing more frequently than ever.
    The patch wasn't to fix this problem.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The patch wasn't to fix this problem.

But perhaps the question would be: "Why not?"
  • Options
    edited October 2014

seems more people got affected by it, agreed
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I don't think it's too much to ask that Cryptic fix this idiotic launcher/crashing/graphics/glitch/bug.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I don't think it's too much to ask that Cryptic fix this idiotic launcher/crashing/graphics/glitch/bug.

they're trying. How they made it worse I don't know. That's actually new
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    They need to stop messing with the current bugs and fix this damn crashing launcher issue. Instead, it's being pushed to the bottom of the list. Exactly how has Cryptic stayed in business when they keep creating glitches with every patch that crash the launcher for months on end.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Right now they are more worried about the game play, rather than making sure everyone can play.

When the Lifers start to show up, we might start getting some kind of response. Gold and Silver players not so much.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Because there's probably a few hundred of us affected by this, as opposed to the bug they were trying to fix which apparently affects a large proportion of the playerbase. If 90% of the playerbase had our issue and couldn't log in, then this would be their top priority.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Because there's probably a few hundred of us affected by this, as opposed to the bug they were trying to fix which apparently affects a large proportion of the playerbase. If 90% of the playerbase had our issue and couldn't log in, then this would be their top priority.

Oh well, i fear you're very much right; Still, would it be that difficult to at least acknowledge the problem at hand? Even if we are few, we are still players. :(