Install Arc
Options

crash to desktop loading screen

Comments

• Options
    lingglingg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same thing happening here. Still
    :cool: Check out Q - The FIRST Timelord's BLOG, here: https://universalbri.wordpress.com/

..... And check out my Open Source Work, here: https://sourceforge.net/u/universalbri/profile/
  • Options
    amrprincessamrprincess Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, anyone has any estimate on the time it'll take for them to fix the problem?

I predict at least two to two and a half months. :(
  • Options
    boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, anyone has any estimate on the time it'll take for them to fix the problem?

I predict at least two to two and a half months. :(

The over/under is 8 weeks. I'm taking the under at 6 weeks. :(
  • Options
    lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I get a ctd on loading screen as long as my logitech g35 usb is connected. I have to restart the pc without headset, start the game and then to connect my g35. Maybe this will help somebody...
  • Options
    constantine4constantine4 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lebtron wrote: »
    I get a ctd on loading screen as long as my logitech g35 usb is connected. I have to restart the pc without headset, start the game and then to connect my g35. Maybe this will help somebody...

yeah i have tried that all headset thing, it doesn't help. But lets keep this going, atleast it gives some comfort :)
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yeah i have tried that all headset thing, it doesn't help. But lets keep this going, atleast it gives some comfort :)

the error affects a small group of people in different ways.

Some can be fixed. Most cannot til the developers do it.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    the error affects a small group of people in different ways.

Some can be fixed. Most cannot til the developers do it.

Yeah i know i get that, with LoR i got cut in 1/5 tries, a mate give me a Nvidia update and all was fine after that. But at the moment nothing helps out.
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
  • Options
    rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Okay, so it's not just me then. I get past the basic Cryptic loading screen, then I get a flash of blue screen, it shows me the Delta Rising load screen, and then it crashes back to desktop. If this many people are having issues, I think this counts as a priority. I mean, really this is kind of irritating, especially if this has been happening for a week after the DR expansion. I've only had this game since July, so I can't claim previous experience, but how did they fix it last time and can it be done from individual computers, because my patience wore out the tenth time it crashed, let alone what became the twentieth about five minutes ago.
  • Options
    alphaalias274alphaalias274 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I know right? But that makes me think; Is it a real communication problem, or are they actually ignoring the problem, and by consequence, us?
    Throwing a party instead of fixing a problem that they were already well aware of, and thus unnecessarily locking some players out, reveals that the devs have a complete lack of empathy or any kind of moral compass. Its sad really, since this shows that none of them had a proper upbringing.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rllaillieu wrote: »
    Okay, so it's not just me then. I get past the basic Cryptic loading screen, then I get a flash of blue screen, it shows me the Delta Rising load screen, and then it crashes back to desktop. If this many people are having issues, I think this counts as a priority. I mean, really this is kind of irritating, especially if this has been happening for a week after the DR expansion. I've only had this game since July, so I can't claim previous experience, but how did they fix it last time and can it be done from individual computers, because my patience wore out the tenth time it crashed, let alone what became the twentieth about five minutes ago.

Unless some stumbles on a workaround no it cant be fixed your end. The issue is with the coding the devs put in. Sorry to say as far as we know it is NOT a priority for the devs. As for how long its been happening, About season 5 is the earliest mentioned. With the release of Legacy of Romulus it took 6 weeks for them to fix the issue.

As for how they fixed it, we have no idea. Oh and communication from anyone cryptics side is nil to none. They will post the fix to Tribble first when its ready and save off patching Holodeck with the fix till the following thursday. (If they hold true to form.)

Welcome to the Order of Persistence.

We did not chose the order.
    Cryptic chose us for it.

(We just ran with it.) :D

Please don't let my 1000 post be in this thread!
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    *nods knowingly*

Just to let all you lovely people know the rest of the Order of Persistence has not forgotten you... even those of us that actually can get into the game feel your pain.

I am one of the "lucky" ones this time around. I can get into the game, and play it, without more than one CTD every hour! However, if I'm silly enough to try any of the new DR missions I have an issue during the cutscene from the first mission (Mindscape) which causes Gameclient.exe to stop working and CTD! This happens for any mission with a cutscene.

So don't despair, friends, plenty more bugs for you once they eventually get around to letting you in game again :P
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I miss BranFlakes. He at least talked to us every so often to let us know that we weren't forgotten. :(
  • Options
    terrainvictaterrainvicta Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    good evening all together

I have the same error as you. was looking forward to season 10, but unfortunately it's once again not.

I think it's also ok that you have again put up this thread so cryptic do have a problem we can. but unfortunately you use this thread to report not only your fault, but you leave unnecessary comments from you.

cryptic has until now always acted quickly when there was this error. ok the first time, it took some time, but the second time it worked after a week again.

I guess that makes everything cryptic so we will be back in play. so let's ask this whining .........

greeting terrainvicta
  • Options
    edited October 2014

I have the same error as you. was looking forward to season 10, but unfortunately it's once again not.

I think it's also ok that you have again put up this thread so cryptic do have a problem we can. but unfortunately you use this thread to report not only your fault, but you leave unnecessary comments from you.

cryptic has until now always acted quickly when there was this error. ok the first time, it took some time, but the second time it worked after a week again.

I guess that makes everything cryptic so we will be back in play. so let's ask this whining .........

greeting terrainvicta

unnecessary? Who are you? the unnecessary police?
  • Options
    enniksenniks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi

my laptop also crashed to desktop during load. I just deleted the folder cef_cache in the STO directory. The game told me that my graphic settings are set back to default and everything is working fine again.

Was just a try because this folder was the only one different to the STO installation on my PC so it was worth the try :) Maybe this helps some of you

cu
    enniks

Pls excuse any errors, english is not my first language...
    Geben Sie jemanden einen Fisch und Sie ernähren ihn für einen Tag; 
    lehren Sie jemanden zu fischen und Sie verlieren einen verlässlichen Kunden.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    enniks wrote: »
    Hi

my laptop also crashed to desktop during load. I just deleted the folder cef_cache in the STO directory. The game told me that my graphic settings are set back to default and everything is working fine again.

Was just a try because this folder was the only one different to the STO installation on my PC so it was worth the try :) Maybe this helps some of you

cu
    enniks

Pls excuse any errors, english is not my first language...

that has been tried. Sadly for most of us it didn't work.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2014

greeting terrainvicta

Guess what happens when we start a thread elsewhere, for the "Unnecessary Comments" It gets closed and moved to here.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    gitto82gitto82 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hello friends of the Order of Persistence. So its been a week since the crash of DR has anyone herd any news to when it might be fixed. I had the same problem last year and i was unable to play STOL for six weeks. I suppose if we have not heard anything yet we are going to need a miracle for a fix on Thursday patch :(
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Whats most irritating is the email i got from pwe about 6 days of DR play could get me 66 lobi crystals :mad:
    Belgium

• Options
    windholowwindholow Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They are saving money on testers by using players as free labor.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still crashing. Still waiting for any kind of response from Cryptic.

Both may take a while I suspect...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic ain't going to answer us. What do you expect? When they throw parties and ignore us.

Star Trek Online: The Worst MMO Ever!
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Unfortunately, none of us have been able to play the damn game because Cryptic devs won't fix the damn launcher.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    keithcooper1966keithcooper1966 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We are now into Day 8 of this mess. I just tried the latest patch to Tribble and the problem continues. Now it's looking like we will miss out on 60 free Lobi and the dilithium bonus weekend. I always make full use of the bonus weekend, but not this time, it appears. I am sitting on 2.2 million dilithium, and ther's nothing I can do with it. I guess that I should be happy that I didn't shell out any money for that dilithium. I grinded it all on my own. But I can assure you that Cryptic will never get anymore of my money outside of what I spent on the lifetime subscription. Unreliable service shouldn't be rewarded. And no matter what type of content they may add in the future, I will not give them one red cent for it.

I hope the devs read this comment and all of the others that people have left. If they just gave us a periodic reply to our problem, it could go a long way to calm us down. But nothing at all, not even acknowledgement in the patch notes is coming from them. I do miss Branflakes. At least he didn't forget about us. Sometimes he would leave multiple comments in a single day. But LaughingTrendy, where are you? Aren't you the new community manager or leader? Or can we hear from some other dev? I'm not going to call anyone out of their name or be insulting, but our patience is wearing thin as this drags on. Acknowledge us. Talk to us. Show some respect for our issues. Is that too much to ask? I don't think so.
  • Options
    thehuntedwolfthehuntedwolf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yep, getting the same error. Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.

Technical Details:
    Sync query 15 Ox19f51380 GetData = = 0x887a0005 0 NF 466
    D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

That is the crash report I got from signing in after I entered in safe mode, force verified and checked my system that all my drivers are up to date and compatible. I am unable to resolve on my end, I think it is their server sync issue. I can sign in sometimes, then I get kicked transferring maps and can't get back until I do a total system shut down and reboot and safe mode verify again. ANNOYING!!! It still Randomly crashes... but at least it works around. Make sure you Microsoft Silverlight and The latest Direct X installed. it helps.
    GOOD LUCK in the answer department I reported this at Launch of Legacy Last year. as well as every day at least 6 times a day crashing repeating the error in reporting. Hope this helped.
  • Options
    strykervalmontstrykervalmont Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok Cryptic, or PWE, or whoever actually runs this game now. According to this thread this has been going on for a bit now, so lets fix it. I'm an original open beta player who has more then 1000 days as a gold member and I'd like to be able to play this game. If I was still paying for it I'd be cancelling my subscription at this point. I hope you guys fix this soon, your gonna lose players and supporters if this problem keeps going. So lets get this fixed, I'd like to play my favorite game, and I'd like the Devs to fix the problem preventing so many from playing.

This is a great game and I'd like to get back to it. Lets go Devs,

Fleet Admiral Napolean "Stryker" Valmont
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I tried the new patch. I think it got worse. At least before I could get to the Delta Rising loading screen. Now I can't even get that far. *sigh*