test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

crash to desktop loading screen

Comments

• kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    HEY CRYPTIC: &^%$#@*&^

What a sorry bunch of freaking loser devs who can't get their competence straight to fix this *&^%$ launcher crashing BS! No disrespect intended but this is a serious lack of competence that this has gone on for so long.

FIX THE LAUNCHER ALREADY! EXACTLY WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR AND WHY ISN'T ANYONE FROM CRYPTIC RESPONDING TO THIS TRIBBLE?
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • strykervalmontstrykervalmont Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So Cryptic, PWE, Arc, or whoever is in control of this game, we're still waiting on you to fix this crash issue. Everyday that this many people can't get on the game is hurting you. Its hurting this game. This is a great game(If the people in charge would wake the F*** up!), don't ruin it by not paying attention. Another patch that doesn't fix the serious issue you have with a number of your players is not acceptable. This kind of stuff was why I took a step away from this game. Now that I'm trying to come back, big surprise, you guys still are doing the same old dumb sh*t! wake up devs, and return us back to a great game that we enjoy playing....before you lose too many of us.

Napolean "Stryker" Valmont
    U.S.S MaYHeM (Flagship)
    Battle Group MaYHeM
  • exercitusprimeexercitusprime Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As with many others in this thread, I have not been able to play the game since the expansion went live, as it has been crashing to the desktop just after reaching the Delta Rising logo loading screen.
  • darioo1darioo1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so..4533MB patch..still not working eh? is it time to say goodbye to STO? :mad:
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You know after reading whats been going on in the general discussion area Im thinking this might be the silver lining.

I mean Since DR went live they have had to respec 3 times, lost specilaztion points all over the place, had tau dewa shut down on them.

and thats just the tip of the iceberg.

You know I cant help but laughing.

someone please pass the popcorn Im going back to GD and laugh some more.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    After reading some of the GD threads, I understand completely why they're not paying attention to our current issue. It's very comical, pretty much just like admrenlarreck stated above me lol.

Yeah, with all the problems they are having in game, I'm sure we are low priority. The last thing they want is more people in game while problems in game persist.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Honestly, I'd rather deal witn in-game bugs than not be able to launch the game at all. At least then I would be able to do some doffing and launch R&D projects.

I'm honestly pissed at Cryptic for ignoring us and this issue. Not a way to treat your customers. And to think that I was tempted to go Gold and buy some stuff before Delta Rising... I'd be pissed even more than I am now if I did so, only to find out I can't even launch the game anymore.

Bunch of Ferengis...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • amrprincessamrprincess Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    /sarcasm Ah, let's all bask in the beautiful knowledge that we won't be able to enjoy on the Dilithium weekend... :rolleyes:
    edited October 2014
    /sarcasm Ah, let's all bask in the beautiful knowledge that we won't be able to enjoy on the Dilithium weekend... :rolleyes:

They always have some big event after launch of a new expansion for season and ever since LoR I have lost out on all of them. sucks really.
  • lingglingg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just sent PWE an email. They've inspired me to be me. As a result, I have applied for employment.

Now I have a history of practical joking, and admittedly don't do any real work. You could say that's why I am homeless right now, I am utterly abhorrent of the concept of actually doing any real work. But my practical joking side should speak for itself. Check out the resume here

http://universalbri.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/doctorbsg_fu.pdf

Now if hired. There's not a lot I could promise. Confusion. Obfuscation. You know, one day I worked with a guy that spent three months shifting indentation of spaces in our code?

He inspired me. So much so. I could promise I might reformat code too.

Besides that. As a manager, I have been known to come up with obscure policies such as 'Naked Fridays' (that one didn't go over too well with so many male employees), and Topless Tuesdays (we'd head over to the local topless lounge for lunch).

Now I have yet to hire an attractive alll female staff. That's one that I am sure would delight the EEO. But as a manager I could see that in my future for sure. Reinstating naked Fridays for that might turn out right.

And in addition, farming code out to Detroit or Alaska just to see what kind of code we'd get would be fun too.

But that's as a manager. Now as an employee. That's a totally different story. I'd probably just kick back and play STO in ways none of the other developers imagined anyone would and then ***** about it. But that's just me.

I am NOT the person for full time employment, and would absolutely HATE a huge salary for doing absolutely nothing.
    :cool: Check out Q - The FIRST Timelord's BLOG, here: https://universalbri.wordpress.com/

..... And check out my Open Source Work, here: https://sourceforge.net/u/universalbri/profile/
  • therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    seems game is crashing every 30 mn around, without no reason. happens several time I wasn't in front of screen. so it's a game instability issue
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
  • therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    correction, crash occurs every hour.
    last time I was in the middle of a rich mining claim.
    this is pissing me off Cryptic !
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
    edited October 2014
    Hmm,

Here's an official response to this problem.

That pretty much means I'm screwed, cuz I do in fact have an ATI radeon x1200 series card. I'm just leaving this here in case I'm not the only one affected.

Hey guys, nice knowing you all :).

I do believe that I am the one who got that response back on tribble. It waas in a thread tittled Error and the number.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • bugger027bugger027 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hmm,

Here's an official response to this problem.

That pretty much means I'm screwed, cuz I do in fact have an ATI radeon x1200 series card. I'm just leaving this here in case I'm not the only one affected.

Hey guys, nice knowing you all :).

Oh TRIBBLE! That means I'm screwed too also have ATI x1200 card. I've been playing for a few years now, have come across the crash while loading before, took them ages to fix. Guess this time won't be any different if I'll ever be able to get in game again. Current error is 34318276

Sigh, I enjoyed the game too.
  • spaceblahdspaceblahd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well I can get onto tribble with no problems but it just crashes every time I try and go onto holodeck so im guessing it's not my card :p spitting distance of level 60! If I have to wait a week until patch to play it will be annoying. Longer and you have to feel ripped off for that lifetime sub
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mine is 2100... too low?
  • darioo1darioo1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mine is 2100... too low?

but its ATI Radeon..could this be a problem?
    :confused:
  • papabeardpapabeard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm using a GTX560Ti here, and haven't been able to get past the cryptic splash screen since DR launched!

Absolutely no response from CS yet either, despite being a Gold Sub
    edited October 2014
    darioo1 wrote: »
    but its ATI Radeon..could this be a problem?
    :confused:

no. Nvida and geforce are affected as well.
    edited October 2014
    Hi all. I have good news. I finally got in. The new patch on tribble works. Time to celebrate for the Order of Persistence. :)

Now we just need it to be uploaded to the Holodeck. :)
    edited October 2014
    From the tribble notes.

Resolved a graphics related crash that would occur on video cards with Shader Model 2.
    Resolved a crash that could occur on startup with Direct X9 settings.

Could this be the reason we have had these issues for the entire time?
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
    edited October 2014
    From the tribble notes.

Resolved a graphics related crash that would occur on video cards with Shader Model 2.
    Resolved a crash that could occur on startup with Direct X9 settings.

Could this be the reason we have had these issues for the entire time?

It must be. Those are my exact settings for my video card. It works on tribble now though. I can't wait until this gets on Holodeck. I have a Scryer ship to buy for my science toon. :)
    edited October 2014
    boneskth wrote: »
    It must be. Those are my exact settings for my video card. It works on tribble now though. I can't wait until this gets on Holodeck. I have a Scryer ship to buy for my science toon. :)

Cool with the Scryer. Me I got an Operations pack waiting for me..
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • keithcooper1966keithcooper1966 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hopefully this the solution to most of our problems. I can confirm that the latest Tribble patch resolves the crash to desktop problem for me. I hope that it works for others as well. If they can make the patch available to Holodeck tomorrow, then that would be perfect. I would like to salvage the remainder of the dilithium and lobi weekend. Good luck to everyone.
    edited October 2014
    The patch on tribble works for me as well. Hopefully they will put it on Holodeck BEFORE Thursday. I doubt it though.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • amrprincessamrprincess Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    :D Oh dear, I'm so positively going crazy waiting for the new patch to hit Holodeck... And somewhat cautious too, after all, it's not the first time that the problem seems to be resolved on Tribble only to continue affecting Holodeck; On a unrelated note, even if it works, and even if it took actually so few a time to resolve the problem (comparatively speaking), I would have liked to hear some acknowledgement from the dev team. :(
  • docfrederdocfreder Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hopefully this the solution to most of our problems. I can confirm that the latest Tribble patch resolves the crash to desktop problem for me. I hope that it works for others as well. If they can make the patch available to Holodeck tomorrow, then that would be perfect. I would like to salvage the remainder of the dilithium and lobi weekend. Good luck to everyone.
    Sadly it did not work for me however I don't crash at start up I crash when I get into combat. I am running Geforce GTX 780 Ti
    edited October 2014
    Okay folks, let's test the TRIBBLE out of this patch to find errors. So far we got a combat error. Let's see what else we can get. Go around, test stuff. We got til next thursday I suspect. Let's make it work.
  • constantine4constantine4 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm still crashing at start up :(
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
    edited October 2014
    I'm still crashing at start up :(

are you on tribble?