test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

crash to desktop loading screen

Comments

• kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Because the devs are tired of everyone whining about the crashes. How else do you explain their recorded replies "we are working on it". Yeah. They're working on it? Spending five minutes per week coming up with a fix is not what I would call 'working on it'.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kemcha wrote: »
    Because the devs are tired of everyone whining about the crashes. How else do you explain their recorded replies "we are working on it". Yeah. They're working on it? Spending five minutes per week coming up with a fix is not what I would call 'working on it'.

We don't know how long they are working on it. Last night they worked until at least 11pm local time. I know everyone is upset about these crashes but unfounded posts are not helping.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    khan5000 wrote: »
    We don't know how long they are working on it. Last night they worked until at least 11pm local time. I know everyone is upset about these crashes but unfounded posts are not helping.

last night was a different patch, and the notes said nothing, not even known about this issue.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    last night was a different patch, and the notes said nothing, not even known about this issue.

Like I said we don't know how long they are/have been working on a fix.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
    edited October 2014
    Which hasn't been very long since they are more interested in fixing in-game bugs than in fixing the launcher crashes.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • kidcarnivalkidcarnival Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So after roughly 20 messages with CS and providing all required information, I was informed that "timeout2" is an issue caused by my internet provider... What the hell? Is that really the best excuse they can up with? I can connect to every website and game ever, except STO and it must be "on my end"...? :confused:
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jup, after delta i got it very often, i nearly spend more time reloading game after crash, than actualy playing game :(..
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic blames your ISP because it's their generic response rather than taking responsibility that their software is defective. The Star Trek Online game launcher is FUD, or what those in the software industry refer to as 'effed up development'. You can imagine what "F" means since it's an expletive word.

It's slang for screwed up software development when software devs don't fix the glitches and bugs in their own software.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i had a error and its sending cryptic 1.589.292.953 bytes of information (about 1.5 gb) !!
  • cyberdeath666cyberdeath666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well captain smirk just tweeted on twitter I put my questioned to him about what's going on with the desktop crash issue but I think we're getting anything back
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    After the last patch, I'm able to log in AND make it past the "timeout2" from yesterday. This time, the patch somehow caused the game to load not-fullscreen (which I had deactived yesterday), still makes the weird bluescreen flash, but I can actually map travel. The only thing I really changed was reinstalling my (GeForce) driver. I had done so manually before, to no avail, and I used the "Experience" thingy they have on their website. Let's see how long this lasts.
    edited October 2014
    Come On Already Cryptic. Fix The &^%$# Launcher!!! THIS IS &^%$ RIDICULOUS! Yeah, I Censored Myself.
    edited October 2014
    kemcha wrote: »
    Come On Already Cryptic. Fix The &^%$# Launcher!!! THIS IS &^%$ RIDICULOUS! Yeah, I Censored Myself.

gone for the weekend. Hope for Tuesday! Check tribble notes too as well.
    edited October 2014
    Ignored for an entire week. Cryptic's customer service is worse than every company put together. Must be nice.
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    it's either your graphics that are acting up or you guys need to buy yourselves a new computer.

anyways, it probably will take them few freaking weeks to figure out on what they screwed up on when they launched the Delta Rising Expansion.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    it's either your graphics that are acting up or you guys need to buy yourselves a new computer.

anyways, it probably will take them few freaking weeks to figure out on what they screwed up on when they launched the Delta Rising Expansion.

It is not us. The game worked just fine before the expansion. So it can't because we need "new copmuters".

I have played Star Trek Online since Beta with this computer. The problem is on Cryptics end, not on ours.
    edited October 2014

it is people like you that just make the nerd-rage here great. If you'd bothered to read, you'd notice that some people here have great graphic cards and still face this error.
  • constantine4constantine4 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    After the last patch, I'm able to log in AND make it past the "timeout2" from yesterday. This time, the patch somehow caused the game to load not-fullscreen (which I had deactived yesterday), still makes the weird bluescreen flash, but I can actually map travel. The only thing I really changed was reinstalling my (GeForce) driver. I had done so manually before, to no avail, and I used the "Experience" thingy they have on their website. Let's see how long this lasts.

Ah yeah, something that didn't happen with the LoR update, between loading screen and DR screen i get a blue screen flash.
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
    edited October 2014
    Right now they are more worried about the game play, rather than making sure everyone can play.

When the Lifers start to show up, we might start getting some kind of response. Gold and Silver players not so much.

I am a lifer they don't care mate :(
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I know, Call it wishful thinking on my part I have lived through these with Every major patch for the last year or two. It just seemed from past experience with these that when a number of lifers start posting here thats when they start to notice.

Im gold and have lost a month and a half maybe more of paid play time because of these. I just hope they dont take 6 weeks AGAIN to fix this, (They have done that in the past.) and that was with 300 or 400 confirmed seperate posters in the thread.

Thats when the Order of Persistence was formed.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • alphaalias274alphaalias274 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Has reinstalling the game helped anyone?
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Kemcha hasn't posted for five entire hours. Can anyone check and make sure he didn't rupture a spleen or something?
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
    edited October 2014
    Kemcha hasn't posted for five entire hours. Can anyone check and make sure he didn't rupture a spleen or something?

Oh, I gave him some of that Canadian green stuff to mellow out. Baked into some really delicious brownies. He'll be a little bit.
    edited October 2014
    I uninstalled and reinstalled, it still crashes because Cryptic's MMO sucks. Cryptic has the only MMO where the devs deliberately crash the launcher.
  • boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Goodnight forgoten one's. See you on the flipside.
    edited October 2014
    I still get that strange bluescreen flash, but I was able to play with only a few disconnects. I'm not sure how re-installing my GeForce drivers (well, just the PhysX part) fixed my internet provider (at 2 am on a Friday night, I'm sure my ISP staff was... working at full force?!).
    edited October 2014
    Yeah i reinstalled everything , nothing changed for me. not like I had any hope it would :P
    Belgium

• alphaalias274alphaalias274 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So this has happened before with LOR, right? So what exactly caused the crash to desktop and how was it fixed last time?
    I think those of us who are locked out should be given something for our inconvenience since its due to the developers incompetence that we are missing out, but I doubt that's ever going to happen.
    edited October 2014
    So this has happened before with LOR, right? So what exactly caused the crash to desktop and how was it fixed last time?
    I think those of us who are locked out should be given something for our inconvenience since its due to the developers incompetence that we are missing out, but I doubt that's ever going to happen.

despise repeated requests, we never got an answer
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2014

They wont tell us what is causing the issue. We also asked repeatedly for some kind of acknowledgement even a ingame title (Persistent Officer) We knew it wouldnt happen and it didnt.

It also took about 6 weeks to get this fixed at LoR.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck