Install Arc
Options

Free Shuttle & Lobi Ending Soon! [Now Ended]

Comments

• Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gwassalor wrote: »
    Yeah, I also thought as much. So the first is the uniform, then there's ugly shuttle and handful of lobi, so what's next? Monthly stipend of lobi for having Arc installed? Or they'll hand over lifetime subscribtions to whoever installs Arc :eek:

It'd install for that.... Think of ALL the rewards.... and the Stipened...
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Another bribe so soon! The only way you get me to reinstall ARC on my PC is to make my Starbase a tier 5. Yes I took the Khan bribe but I deserved it after trying that crappy ARC. Why in gods name would I want an untested browser and plug-in installed on my machine? I don't want to be TRIBBLE. If we have to use ARC let us remove or disable the browser and plug-in. I might install ARC on my old PC, nothing of worth there, just because I still deserved something for installing ARC in the first place. I hate Steam, but I'd rather play using that than ever use ARC again. In fact can you keep the bribes coming, I'll take anything you are giving, still won't play STO with ARC. :P
  • Options
    talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I missed the "once per account" part and claimed the shuttle on the wrong char >_>
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Shinies, especially in the STO community, will eliminate virtually all resistance there is against anything. They know that :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I deserved it after trying that crappy ARC.

no you didnt, as no one forced you to try ARC. no one has held a gun up to peoples head and said "try it or die"
    just because I still deserved something for installing ARC in the first place.

again no you dont, it is your choice to download it. they are trying to do somehting nice and get greedy players like this one. as this below would prove it
    In fact can you keep the bribes coming, I'll take anything you are giving, still won't play STO with ARC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Shinies, especially in the STO community, will eliminate virtually all resistance there is against anything. They know that :D

It's not just the shinies like the EV suits, fireworks, or uniforms... it's the practical advantages... Like the vet ships and the monthly stipend...

THAT I could get behind selling my body to arc for.... Cause that's what it'll be. ^-^
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cryptic,

I really don't understand the decisions being made at Cryptic & Perfect World.:confused:

In November 2013 it is "huge" news that STO can now be launched, and player, natively on Apple computers. Yeah! Then, in January 2014 free incentives are given out in STO, for those that download and use the Arc platform. Now there is the ferengi shuttle, only for a limited time, to encourage more people to come. However, Arc is only for PC, not Mac users.

So why make STO native for Apple computers, and then 2 months later encourage everyone to switch to the Arc platform, but exclude those same Apple users, you just included, but not offering a Apple Arc platform?!:confused:

This really makes no sense, anyway I look at it.
  • Options
    alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    eazzie wrote: »
    They are not bribes. Rewards / promotions were always promised with ARC since it was launched at the end of May 2013.
    "Rule of Acquisition 239: Never be afraid to mislabel a product."
    you can call it whatever you want, a "promotion" for example, still its a bribe.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Reality check: Arc will eventually be mandatory.

Deal with it.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    errab wrote: »
    Greetings all,

It seems that Cryptic is trying to bribe some of us who are on the fence about the new loader they will soon be more or less forcing on us into opting in early by giving us some trinkets.

I'll say this:

I do not see the need for a new launcher for STO sine the one I have does just fine IMO.

But you know what would more than likely get me and I'd be willing to bet quite a few others to opt in and tow the line for the new Launcher?

If using the new launcher for STO gets me the ability to buy the rare versions of the Hanger Jem'Hadar Attack ships from the shipyard vendor ;)

The trinkets need to be something that I'd actually use.

Thanks for your Time

Do like I do. I install it, use it, and then promptly get rid of it. I keep the installer around for things like this.
  • Options
    savnokasavnoka Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The cliff hanger will be if they offer a T5 Connie.

Now that's going to butt hurt like a morning after curry emergency exit. :eek:

What part of "CBS says no" is difficult for people to understand regarding a T5 Constitution?

It's not happening, now or ever.

As for ARC, I could care less what they give away or if it becomes mandatory or not. If people want to scream about the 2% inefficiency they run or some ads, that's their issue. I put up with Origin and Steam and Gamespot and my computer runs just fine, one more silly launcher I won't pay any attention to means nothing in the long run.

I will be glad when it goes mandatory and all the people screaming they'll quit actually do so, so the forums can move on to the next outrage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Reality check: Arc will eventually be mandatory.

Deal with it.

This, and frankly like I've said before, Arc isn't that bad. You can run Arc, load up Star trek then guess what, you can turn Arc OFF.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    xactoknife4449xactoknife4449 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    WHY CANT MAC GET ARC i have a mac and i have to use the beta mac luancher so i cant get this : (
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    talgeeze wrote: »
    I missed the "once per account" part and claimed the shuttle on the wrong char >_>

Yeah I didn't know it was one pack per account, but luckly I didn't open it. If I ever decide to make a ferengi character, now I have the dkora sitting in bank and a shuttle :P

Sorry not rubbin it in your face, sorry to hear that you didn't get in on the right chr :(

They really need to make ship/shuttles able to be repacked up.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • Options
    coldwarrior69coldwarrior69 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    reading over this thread and watching Cryptic/PWE desperately bribing people to use the 3rd party ARC spyware virus is the equivalent of watching a pedobear luring dumb kids into his van :rolleyes:

Thanks but still not downloading your spyware for the bribes cryptic/PWE, nice try though.
  • Options
    darkhaze666darkhaze666 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    800 lobi plus a JHAS and i MIGHT consider ARC....
  • Options
    marikaoniki1marikaoniki1 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i dont watch tv because it contains adverts. i dont even have a tv in the room. if i wanna watch something specific i use the online players and take a break from the computer when or if any adverts pop up.

in other words if ARC is just a massive advert platorm, i will use the steam launcher to bypass it altogether, there by avoiding the adverts. i will have to ask the person on the other machine about using their ARC thing again to try get the shuttle and lobi. but my main computer does not have ARC nor my backup locked away in the shed which is to be upgraded very soon, nor will i allow it on these computers

Oh Eris, the irony! It's palpable!
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So. I've been able to make an approximate cost estimate using my very short experience with ARC, and I've calculated the value to me of the detriment that ARC causes to my gameplay experience.

If you give me 800 lobi, 5,000 ZEN, and a Jem'Hadar attack ship pack, then I will use ARC. Otherwise? It's just too much of a hassle.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    800 lobi plus a JHAS and i MIGHT consider ARC....

Is that for each toon? ;)
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So this does not take anyone by surprise, every single MMORPG out there will sooner or later have a launch system, where the company and the government (NSA) can track what we do, what we say, whom we talk to etc etc etc, maybe not be in 3 years or even 5 but it is coming.

Listen to the words of this old fool man.

Or don't listen, I am just a babbling old man.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    lordlalolordlalo Member Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    damix4 wrote: »
    Thing is, you only get ads from games you have installed. If STO is only game you have installed, you will only have STO page with news and tabs related to sto.

Who are you and how do you know so much about the future of Arc? Hmm? "will only have" How can you accurately make such an assessment without being management of the company?

If you're going on track-record, you do so very frivolously -- must I draw your attention to STO's launch and that, "[STO] cannot be a free to play game".
    talonxv wrote: »
    This, and frankly like I've said before, Arc isn't that bad. You can run Arc, load up Star trek then guess what, you can turn Arc OFF.

That would be fine and well if you didn't get patch errors stating, "file locked by another program" while Arc is turned off after a 12Gb patch was just downloaded to start over again and have to reopen arc to get anything but that "file locked" error message. Oh, and there are no .lock or ~lock files in the PWE folders anywhere which leads me to believe they are using file tagging which means Arc will ALWAYS be mandatory once it starts and you will not be able to use anything else. FYI, in 1990, the definition of a virus was a program that unknowingly or by automation coppied segments of itself to other files in a means to "infect" or "claim" them. So tell me, what would be the 1990 definition Arc today if you already have STO? A Virus.
    nesomumi2 wrote: »
    if you don't like it, don't use it. we don't care. i personally have it, i don't care for it, and its not changing any of my game experience in any way on my more then 6 year old comp. so yeah, we (or should i say people like me) don't care if you like it or not.

So, if you have to restore your PC, good luck finding a non-Arc download of the STO patcher. Thanks for your inaction in the subject, thanks to folks like you, Arc is becoming increasingly mandatory and invasive to the STO community. Hope you like it.
    Said NO to Arc. Gets punished by not being given a free outfit, free lobi, and free shuttle. Now forced to use Arc's site when trying to get to STO site. Still not rewards for beta testing the Arc website by force. Bravo Cryptic.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    So this does not take anyone by surprise, every single MMORPG out there will sooner or later have a launch system, where the company and the government (NSA) can track what we do, what we say, whom we talk to etc etc etc, maybe not be in 3 years or even 5 but it is coming.

Your search browser choice has been tracking your usage and selling your mined data for years - and giving it to the various world governments when they ask for it. What you think is "coming" has been here all along. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    whitewinged7whitewinged7 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »

*steeples fingers* yes yes soon the NSA will know how much dilithium I have and how many hours I spend fighting the borg in a Connie and somehow maybe even how many other people in connies I find fighting the borg

THE HUMANITY

/end scene
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    *steeples fingers* yes yes soon the NSA will know how much dilithium I have and how many hours I spend fighting the borg in a Connie and somehow maybe even how many other people in connies I find fighting the borg

THE HUMANITY

/end scene

They don't care about that but about your expenses habits, what websites you visit, what kind of comments you make in social media etc etc.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lordlalo wrote: »
    Who are you and how do you know so much about the future of Arc? Hmm? "will only have" How can you accurately make such an assessment without being management of the company?

If you're going on track-record, you do so very frivolously -- must I draw your attention to STO's launch and that, "[STO] cannot be a free to play game".

That would be fine and well if you didn't get patch errors stating, "file locked by another program" while Arc is turned off after a 12Gb patch was just downloaded to start over again and have to reopen arc to get anything but that "file locked" error message. Oh, and there are no .lock or ~lock files in the PWE folders anywhere which leads me to believe they are using file tagging which means Arc will ALWAYS be mandatory once it starts and you will not be able to use anything else. FYI, in 1990, the definition of a virus was a program that unknowingly or by automation coppied segments of itself to other files in a means to "infect" or "claim" them. So tell me, what would be the 1990 definition Arc today if you already have STO? A Virus.

So, if you have to restore your PC, good luck finding a non-Arc download of the STO patcher. Thanks for your inaction in the subject, thanks to folks like you, Arc is becoming increasingly mandatory and invasive to the STO community. Hope you like it.

WTF are you talking about. I haven't had one bad patch yet using ARC. Again I have absolutely no clue what all this doom the sky is falling TRIBBLE is about. Never had a virus, never had an ad or commercials or anything else anybody is yapping about.

I turn on arc, pick my game, it lets me know what is new in the game, just like on the forums, infact FROM ARC if I so choose I can ACCESS this forum. Sorry I don't have a frakkin clue what ARC you are talking about.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    This game may die once ARC becomes mandatory because hardcore fans will be scared away as well as some of the casual ones that distrust ARC. Just patiently waiting for that day because the backlash will not be pretty and Cryptic will realize it has driven the final dagger through the heart of STO....

Ya know I've heard that "STO will die" so many times in the past 4 years it's just laughable at this stage. When they make arc mandatory (they've already said numerous times it's happening so accept it now) there will be an outcry and a few "i quit" threads but really it'll not be in the droves people think it'll be. ARC isn't anymore spyware than steam or origin, it's been proven what's sent connection wise back and fourth by a few people on other threads. But of course, nothing anyone says will convince certain people so meh have fun in that world :)

As for the time limit on this reward and no mac option I use this as a possible sign of the fact they will have a mac option in that time frame. That's my hope anyways if it's going to happen or not is another story.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Ya know I've heard that "STO will die" so many times in the past 4 years it's just laughable at this stage. When they make arc mandatory (they've already said numerous times it's happening so accept it now) there will be an outcry and a few "i quit" threads but really it'll not be in the droves people think it'll be. ARC isn't anymore spyware than steam or origin, it's been proven what's sent connection wise back and fourth by a few people on other threads. But of course, nothing anyone says will convince certain people so meh have fun in that world :)

As for the time limit on this reward and no mac option I use this as a possible sign of the fact they will have a mac option in that time frame. That's my hope anyways if it's going to happen or not is another story.

It's a opinion. You are a moderator and I think you'll say Yes to anything Cryptic coughs up or bribes the player base with. Be real!

Cryptic might lose players and watching the recent messages at ESD. People will cry and then run to ARC like little children on drugs.

Anyway, I run STO over Linux/Wine Windows emulator. Since Windows 8 I felt Microsoft is a big money maker and forcing a new interface on users. I just stopped using Windows on my computers and it will continue to do so. No Windows. So, if Cryptic makes ARC mandatory, it's not compatible with my computer. I will not be playing it. If they take it away from Steam, I'll tell my fleet mates you will not see me here. I'll start making STO 2.0 with any help I can get using the time I would of been playing STO.

If someone likes ARC great, power to you. I do not need additional software on my computer and I have no interest to play any of Cryptic other titles.

If not, great. If Brandon or Cryptic sees a problem or community outcry respond to it. Instead of just responding to "Happy Arc" messages.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,409 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can I have your stuff? Except the tinfoil hat - you'll be needing that.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's a opinion. You are a moderator and I think you'll say Yes to anything Cryptic coughs up or bribes the player base with. Be real!
    LOL!!!! Why is it every person that thinks I like something assumes because I'm a moderator I'll like everything they do? It happens in every thread unless I actually post I don't like it. In this instance, I like ARC and I've added almost my entire game library to it. I've posted on things I don't like (like the whole grind for the anniversary) but meh no one reads those comments they just see purple title, me agreeing and say "Oh you just agree with everything!" To use your own comment - "Be real!"
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.