What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free Shuttle & Lobi Ending Soon! [Now Ended]

Comments

• vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Arc. Is a love and hate relationship.

If you love it, love it.

If you hate it or dislike. Cryptic has given people enough reason to do that especially since the bribes(Oh. Friendly gift service. Rephrased) start to roll like 2 pairs of dice. Better yet, the problems with Arc isn't obvious which a 1/3 of the messages here states it. Then the moderator take offense to players criticism.

Great going!
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have the shuttle box, but my ship slots are full. Now I have to spend 500 zen to unpack it.
    You guys are evil! :P

Let's hope there still are a lot of people not trying it so the bribe will get even better. :D
    Proof that there is no such thing as a free lunch... Err... shuttle.
    sammyspet1 wrote: »
    so in other words you haters have no prof... just all you haters got is your dislike for something new..

if you have prof then reply..

if you do not have prof then dont
    You know, you're just making yourself look silly, right? Or do you really not know the difference between proof (what you seem to be asking for) and prof (short for professor, which was the answer given)?

You are playing along, right?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    so in other words you haters have no prof... just all you haters got is your dislike for something new..

You're right. I have no prof. I do still keep in touch with a few that inspired me back in college. But these days I have a supervisor instead of a prof.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited February 2014

vengefuldjinn, One of the images in your sig said Arc was used to detect cheating software.
    Do you have a source for that?

As a developer, I typically leave Process Explorer running 24/7, yet some games won't run if that is. Would that be detected as a 'cheating' program. What about ACT for tracking DPS?
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I told you, my prof is in her office. Go talk to her if you like. Or if history isn't your thing, I'm pretty sure my physics prof is in the lecture hall. :P
  • sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I told you, my prof is in her office. Go talk to her if you like. Or if history isn't your thing, I'm pretty sure my physics prof is in the lecture hall. :P

where is your prof on this ARC evil? where is it? all you haters just hate with no prof as no was provided why should people listen to you?

you lot are making urselfs look stupid as u have no prof.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    where is your prof on this ARC evil? where is it? all you haters just hate with no prof as no was provided why should people listen to you?

Dude, you need to recognize when someone is intentionally pulling your chain. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    vengefuldjinn, One of the images in your sig said Arc was used to detect cheating software.
    Do you have a source for that?

As a developer, I typically leave Process Explorer running 24/7, yet some games won't run if that is. Would that be detected as a 'cheating' program. What about ACT for tracking DPS?

Most likely it would be looking for something that writes files/code/instructions to game files, packets, or RAM. I've never heard of pure reading triggering anti-cheating warnings.
    edited February 2014

I've told you where both of my profs are. Go talk to them already. :rolleyes:
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Dude, you need to recognize when someone is intentionally pulling your chain. :)

Yeah, but they're so cute when they try to denigrate the other party's intelligence with brilliant intellectual statements like "u r a moron." :D
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've told you where both of my profs are. Go talk to them already. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but they're so cute when they try to denigrate the other party's intelligence with brilliant intellectual statements like "u r a moron." :D
    They probably don't speak English as a First Language. They probably speak better English than you do their native tounge, so be careful.

That being said, they seem to have ignored my attempt to clue them in on the difference between proof and prof. This means they are likely a troll, and you are feeding them, so be careful.

Be Careful is the overall theme here.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014

urselfs?

prof?

The thing about accusing other people of being 'stupid' is you have to watch your own back in such matters.

The old saying, people in glass houses should not throw stones, comes to mind.

ARC is not evil. However, there are legitimate issues to address and questions to answer.

As far as I can see, that process is ongoing.

Oh, and in the name of full disclosure, I installed ARC myself last night.

As far as I can tell there's been minimal interference so far.

However, my judgement is reserved until I've run it for at least a week.
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you're going to bribe us with something, at least make it a good bribe.

The shuttle's only use is the shield, which is not as good as many others that most people already have. The Lobi, a pitiful amount of 20, is just enough to make us want to buy more to get something worthwhile. 20 Lobi can only get you a few consumables, and no one uses those.

Worst of all, neither of these are account unlocks. If I had 20 Lobi per character, I might be able to buy one of them something good. If I had the shuttle unlocked as a ZEN Store account unlock, I could get it, take off the shield, dismiss it, then get it again if I ever want to fly around in shuttle PvP in a Ferengi escape pod, begging for gold pressed latium as I'm shot to pieces by Peregrine and To'Duj fighters... Now, it's taking up a ship slot because I'm too stubborn to get rid of a free ship that otherwise costs real world money.

I'm always glad to get free things in this game, since I'm F2P at the moment, even if those items were just not selling in their stores. However, don't just give us throwaway things to try and get us to use this new launcher of yours. It's just insulting.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    enoemg wrote: »
    If you're going to bribe us with something, at least make it a good bribe.

The shuttle's only use is the shield, which is not as good as many others that most people already have. The Lobi, a pitiful amount of 20, is just enough to make us want to buy more to get something worthwhile. 20 Lobi can only get you a few consumables, and no one uses those.

Worst of all, neither of these are account unlocks. If I had 20 Lobi per character, I might be able to buy one of them something good. If I had the shuttle unlocked as a ZEN Store account unlock, I could get it, take off the shield, dismiss it, then get it again if I ever want to fly around in shuttle PvP in a Ferengi escape pod... Now, it's taking up a ship slot because I'm too stubborn to get rid of a free ship that otherwise costs real world money.

I'm always glad to get free things in this game, since I'm F2P at the moment, even if those items were just not selling in their stores. However, don't just give us throwaway things to try and get us to use this new launcher of yours. It's just insulting.

I'm not a cryptic defender, seriously, I'm not.

But the arc giveaway was 320 lobi worth, not 20.

It would cost you 300 lobi to unlock the Ferengi shuttle on one toon.

Thus, giving you a shuttle you can only use on one toon is exactly equivilant to 300 lobi.

320 lobi is not to be sniffed at.

And, that shield is actually pretty good.
    edited February 2014
    bergins wrote: »
    They probably don't speak English as a First Language. They probably speak better English than you do their native tounge, so be careful.

Oh, I'm both aware of this and agree with it. Anything other than English, it's guaranteed they speak it better than I.

However, and/or but:
    That being said, they seem to have ignored my attempt to clue them in on the difference between proof and prof. This means they are likely a troll, and you are feeding them, so be careful.

Way ahead of ya, but thanks. ;)
  • tim40219tim40219 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I got the Ferengi shuttle and lobi....but the Khan costumes is not working. I got the message and opened and read it but nothing in the tailor....

Any ideas or forum link to help me?
    Admiral TJ Gibson
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Alright enough is enough with this whole "prof/proof" discussion and troll name calling. Continue the discussion at hand about the free shuttles/arc thing without resorting to flaming please :)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

edited February 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Alright enough is enough with this whole "prof/proof" discussion and troll name calling. Continue the discussion at hand about the free shuttles/arc thing without resorting to flaming please :)

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited February 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    edited February 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2014
    yes we do have rights

No, we have rules to follow that are located - Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies which are also at the top of every forum that you are more than welcome to read :). Calling people names is part of the rules as a no no. Same with flaming and trolling. And discussion of moderation is not allowed as well.

As I stated it's time to move on back to the topic at hand. If you have further issues with moderation actions you a file a ticket in the link in my signature :)
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.

edited February 2014
    No, we have rules to follow that are located - Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies which are also at the top of every forum that you are more than welcome to read :). Calling people names is part of the rules as a no no. Same with flaming and trolling. And discussion of moderation is not allowed as well.

As I stated it's time to move on back to the topic at hand. If you have further issues with moderation actions you a file a ticket in the link in my signature :)

yes i will do that

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    GwaoHAD.png
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Seems the shuttle is not the only thing I got for free: my virusscanner reported Arc was trying to install an "ArcPluginIEBHO Class" plugin. It seems to add no functionality to my browser, far as I can tell.

I thought we weren't gonna do the whole spy thing?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited February 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Seems the shuttle is not the only thing I got for free: my virusscanner reported Arc was trying to install an "ArcPluginIEBHO Class" plugin. It seems to add no functionality to my browser, far as I can tell.

I thought we weren't gonna do the whole spy thing?!

As stated in my signature I'm a volunteer not a cryptic/pwe employee so I have no control over what is added into arc.

That said the plugin actually is in chrome, firefox etc and what it does is automatically launch/install the game from the website from what i understand so you can just click a link on the site and boom the game goes into your ARC launcher :)

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As stated in my signature I'm a volunteer not a cryptic/pwe employee so I have no control over what is added into arc.

That said the plugin actually is in chrome, firefox etc and what it does is automatically launch/install the game from the website from what i understand so you can just click a link on the site and boom the game goes into your ARC launcher :)

Ok, thx for the clarification! That puts my mind to ease.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited February 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Ok, thx for the clarification! That puts my mind to ease.

:) Like I said, I'm pretty sure that's what it does but unless a gold name pops up and says what it really does that's just my best guess.

• greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited February 2014
This discussion has been closed.