test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omega / STF Accolades and Costume Projects

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,181 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Returning this thread to page 1!
    Awaiting response.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,181 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    I'm gonna start sounding like a broken record at this rate...
    Any word yet?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bump...uh bump....uh bump it up till it's fixed.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What is it with PWE refusing to respond?
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    What is it with PWE refusing to respond?

I shouldn't think PWE is going to respond, but Crpytic has, a couple times in this thread. Most recently here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12824221&postcount=370

The way I understand it, this thread has become too long/ponderous and includes a lot of filler, non-constructive posts, conflicting, and/or outdated information. The Devs aren't going to spend their time sorting through it all. I expect we'll get more results if someone were to start a new thread with a "clean-cut list of what is wrong" (with examples described in the post I link above) in the OP.

It's something I'd like to do, something along the lines of my Tailor thread (click the picture in my signature), but more specifically about issues with the STF Costumes. Unfortunately, I've been too busy to get to it.

I'd put reference in the OP to this thread for historical reasons, would post a link in this thread forwarding to the new, and I would even go so far as to ask the Mods to close this thread... That's just me. If no one else does it, when I find the time, I will.

:cool:

Edit to add: If in the new thread people wanted to add their own issues, it would be best if done as requested by the Devs here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7492301&postcount=15

Excample:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=11881221&postcount=14

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well until someone can have this issue stickyd it will continue to need a bump up or it will become buried. Also I started a new thread in the hopes to clean up the mess, but it too is becoming quickly buried.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=926201

• Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think about the only thing you got right was "the developers aren't going to spend their time"....

It should be closed when they deal with the situation.

And no, giving it a silent veto and hoping people will let them off the hook and "forget" the no. 1 one bug in the game is not dealing with it.

Because that's been their position from day 1. First 3 months was okay let's not respond and see if it does go away.
    Then another 3 months saying the bug didn't exist.

Then back to saying nothing.

The silent veto is a contempt of the players and bumping this here thread is a response to that.

Because everything aside, season 7 was launched exclusively on the idea that you would "save 60 % time in getting your ground sets"

You might not remember all the discussions about letting people buy their ground sets, or have people regrind the whole thing so people who don't play ground could get them without earning them, killing stf and introducing reputation.

Which boiled down to season 7 was a horrible idea WITH easy access to the ground sets.
    Here we are with NO access to them.

How do I rightfully describe it I can't but I hope you understand the scope of it all.

All I can tell you is, it was all tied into the premise to "save 60 % time in getting your ground sets"

I just want to ask how much time would you say we saved by now ?

The irony of it all being the only way to fix it is to roll season 7 back.

As someone who was oppose to reputation grinding and killing stf from day 1 I find it hilarious and after they now wasted over a year doing nothing, I'd say the polite version of what people really want to tell them, in this here thread is just karma and justice and all that.

It's been over 370 days of a bad idea that no one is willing to put their name on.
    What would be fair compensation for a year's worth of your time ?

All we ask for is having this here thread right up there where they can't silent veto it out and every morning they get out of bed and go to work they look at the counter and it's now 371, 372 etc.

So should the thread come down of course not what a crazy idea.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It was just a suggestion based on what I'd been told.

I understand your frustration with the Season 7 STF changes. I've got my own pet-peeve issues/bugs that have been around years, too.

That being said, personally I liked the S7 changes. My main character would be stuck in the Mk XI gear available through play/accolades. I could never get lucky enough to get the necessary Mk XII drops. But he has all sets/costumes unlocked now, bug free, and without having to contend with stupid RNG bull jive.

Most my Alts have been able to get the Mk XII MACO or KHG with no problem. Of course they started their progressions after S7, and I haven't tried to get all the mix'n'match accolade versions, just the one costume unlock is fine for me and those Alts. My only bugged exception is my KDF Orion Female alt that can't get her Be'ves after I completed all (inc Ground) Elite Optionals. That's my only outstanding bug.

Possibly if I bothered to try and get other armor/costume sets I might run into problems, but I don't need them.

Anyway. I support your efforts to get these fixed. I know how frustrating it is to *work* for a reward only to have it not function has advertised.

:(

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Help me out here guys, got full mk 12 omega gear for me rom-fed, got the costume unlock and.... when I go to the tailor, I dont get the full options for customization. I dont get any option for chest gear, shoulder pads, leg attachments, I get the option for wrist/gauntlets, belt an gloves but, what do I do be to get the other gear? I never got a single piece in almost 2 yrs, so please help if you can.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    Help me out here guys, got full mk 12 omega gear for me rom-fed, got the costume unlock and.... when I go to the tailor, I dont get the full options for customization. I dont get any option for chest gear, shoulder pads, leg attachments, I get the option for wrist/gauntlets, belt an gloves but, what do I do be to get the other gear? I never got a single piece in almost 2 yrs, so please help if you can.

If you are not bugged like so many others, than odds are you didn't complete the necessary costume projects. And if you did, than chances are when in the tailor look to the top right corner for a box that may say uniform by default. Click it and look for the option of maco/omega/khg and click on that to set the default appearance for that uniform type, than go to customize the options as you normally would. I hope this helps! :cool:

• Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks but I know about the drop down menu an changing it to omega force, just im missing alot of options. Thanks anyway shadow looks like its bugged, joy to the f@#king world.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    That was the discussion yeah.

If you could justify people buying the sets through reputation grinding, letting people who already beat it grind it for 5 weeks, so others who didn't play ground could just get them handed to them.

And it was all launched on the one premise, "save 60 % time".

I never had a problem prior to s. 7. I never took more than 3 weeks on any character to get all sets for space and ground because I actually played the game.

Even so, you could have done any number of other things - which people were eagerly suggestioning at the time.

"The save 60 % time" is not a random quote I keep pulling up. It's THE blog that explained the whole reasoning for reputation grinding by dstahl himself.

How they were doing us all this big favour.

Frustrating is what it was in december last year.

In my opinion they should have been on red alert, taken the servers down and came out with a post explaining how terrible it was when the main reasoning for letting us grind, killing stf and giving away the best reward in the game for free, is simply not working.

... in january.

What if, when they do fix it, if ever, everyone waited a year to give them any money and explain to them how we were all doing them a favour letting them save 60 % time !!!1

I can't even think of anything at this point, where I'd be able to say okay apology accepted.
    What can you build in a year ? Free starbase for everyone who lost their sets with season 7.

Then they still owe the 60 % we were saving :D
  • Options
    malnificentmalnificent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As requested, hope this helps.

Please refer to my ticket# 2,122,275. Good luck and thank you.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Over 1 year now with no fix.

• Options
    trooper1023trooper1023 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bumping for no HG Be'ves option on my KDF Orion chick with all accolades and unlocks!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This has now been an issue for 378 days. It has been 229 days since it was acknowledged. I am not happy.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The way I understand it, this thread has become too long/ponderous and includes a lot of filler, non-constructive posts, conflicting, and/or outdated information. The Devs aren't going to spend their time sorting through it all. I expect we'll get more results if someone were to start a new thread with a "clean-cut list of what is wrong" (with examples described in the post I link above) in the OP.

You do realize that this is PWE's thread, right? They started it and asked for info.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Still broken...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=726221
    you?ve probably heard of the Special Task Forces as that?s where most of the best gear in the game can be found
    We agree it isn?t fair and are about to change the STF reward structure. We now have a better way to keep the hunt for these items challenging while removing the randomness of drops.
    That is why in Season 7 we are nuking the STF reward tables from orbit and replacing them with the much clearer Task Force Omega Reputation system.

- Dstahl

Again, pay close attention to "the best items" in the game was THE whole reason behind reputation and nuking stf.

The ground sets being bugged out is not some minor, indifferent feature it's THE item by own admission.

"That is why"
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    You do realize that this is PWE's thread, right? They started it and asked for info.
    Setting aside the fact that PWE and Cryptic are not the same thing, that the thread was not created by PWE, but a Cryptic Dev, I'm going to assume that your point is that this is an "Official Thread".

Ok, that is true. But consider that it was created in April, and since there have been over 470 replies spanning a major Expansion to the game (LoR) and Season update (S8), the game's program has changed dramatically in that time. Therefore problems that may have existed may no longer exist (and vice versa). Further, of the ~470 replies many of them are "waste of Dev time" filler posts (ie bumps and complains), ones they won't want to sift through to find what exact problems still exist.

My suggestion for a new thread isn't entirely conjecture on my part, you'll note the Dev who started the thread in his last post did say:
    ...In order to more accurately analyze and debug the various concerns, it would be helpful if we could get a clean-cut list of what is wrong, under what circumstances.

I mean something that looks like the following:

* MACO Mk XII costume failed to unlock, when half-finished prior to Reputation System launch
    * Klingon Honor Guard chest piece missing on Klingon Females
    * Adapted Honor Guard helmet does not display on XX species/gender
    * (etc).

So I'll say it again, the way I understand Borticus' post, he's asking for a new thread with a concise list of problems. I could be wrong, but that's how I read what he's saying.

That being said, I honestly wish Cryptic would take more/better ownership of the problem. For one thing, they should have been monitoring this and the handful of other similar threads with Dev posts, and keeping their own logs of the issues, and resolving each of those in turn, instead of letting it build up over months.

And if they didn't do that, then I think the onus of opening a new thread (and closing this one if that's their desire) falls on them. If not Borticus (who has said it's not his issue anymore), then Brandon or someone from the Character Art Dept.

:o

Did everyone who is still having an issue, post concise details in Shadowwraith's new thread?

I recommend it. I further recommend leaving that thread for "Just the Facts", and not let it get filled with conversation, complaints, and bumps (like this thread).

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Setting aside the fact that PWE and Cryptic are not the same thing, that the thread was not created by PWE, but a Cryptic Dev, I'm going to assume that your point is that this is an "Official Thread".

Ok, that is true. But consider that it was created in April, and since there have been over 470 replies spanning a major Expansion to the game (LoR) and Season update (S8), the game's program has changed dramatically in that time. Therefore problems that may have existed may no longer exist (and vice versa). Further, of the ~470 replies many of them are "waste of Dev time" filler posts (ie bumps and complains), ones they won't want to sift through to find what exact problems still exist.

My suggestion for a new thread isn't entirely conjecture on my part, you'll note the Dev who started the thread in his last post did say:

So I'll say it again, the way I understand Borticus' post, he's asking for a new thread with a concise list of problems. I could be wrong, but that's how I read what he's saying.

That being said, I honestly wish Cryptic would take more/better ownership of the problem. For one thing, they should have been monitoring this and the handful of other similar threads with Dev posts, and keeping their own logs of the issues, and resolving each of those in turn, instead of letting it build up over months.

And if they didn't do that, then I think the onus of opening a new thread (and closing this one if that's their desire) falls on them. If not Borticus (who has said it's not his issue anymore), then Brandon or someone from the Character Art Dept.

:o

Did everyone who is still having an issue, post concise details in Shadowwraith's new thread?

I recommend it. I further recommend leaving that thread for "Just the Facts", and not let it get filled with conversation, complaints, and bumps (like this thread).

TY lordhavelock, I did indeed start a new thread in the hopes to clean up the mess for them to have an easier time searching for specifics.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Nah.

Because that's just stalling. They opened up, last year, saying "we can't reprodduce it" then 3 months of nothing.

THEN they ask for information. When we already told them about the broken accolade 3 months earlier.

Then another 3 months of nothing etc. Now they want to buy another 3 months of nothing pretending it isn't over a year old.

AND, by own admission have been working on a fix several times.

It's not unknown, never was, never had a shortage of people describe how it occured, not just this problem but all costume problems.

The first guy who ever posted on the topic a year ago came in with screenshots of his broken accolades, it's not warp theory.

Just get to work
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    vestereng wrote: »
    Nah.

Because that's just stalling. They opened up, last year, saying "we can't reprodduce it" then 3 months of nothing.

THEN they ask for information. When we already told them about the broken accolade 3 months earlier.

Then another 3 months of nothing etc. Now they want to buy another 3 months of nothing pretending it isn't over a year old.

AND, by own admission have been working on a fix several times.

It's not unknown, never was, never had a shortage of people describe how it occured, not just this problem but all costume problems.

The first guy who ever posted on the topic a year ago came in with screenshots of his broken accolades, it's not warp theory.

Just get to work

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=472261

You mean like all those weeks I put in bug reports to their technical team with no real response. If the date of the thread gives you any idea how old this problem is and it was posted weeks after it happened to me. Oh and sorry the old pictures are gone because they have been updated.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Today is the first of December 2013.

This bug has now been in existence for 383 days.

It has been 234 days since cryptic started this thread about it.

There are now 131 days left for cryptic to get this bug fixed within a year of acknowledging it.

The bug has already existed for 1 year and 18 days.

Estimated time until cryptic fixes the bug 1736252945737-mellon-35346-error-634666 days.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    +1 goto bump it up, seeing how they haven't bothered to comment on either thread.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    There are now 128 days left for cryptic to get this bug fixed within a year of acknowledging it.