test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omega / STF Accolades and Costume Projects

Comments

• pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    vroup wrote: »
    On an unrelated matter, I subscribed to gold status. Guess what that'll change? Nothing.

Hear is how the F2P Matrix describes customer service for gold and silver players:

Gold Members
    Customer Service: Unlimited

Silver Players
    Customer Service: Limited

So just what does this mean? Experience tells us that:

Most tickets by most silver players are never answered at all or closed without a response.
    Most tickets by most gold players receive a response after eight days. The response is a copy and past apology for being unable to help, the ticket is then closed.

In either case my every experience and all anecdotal evidence supports the proposition that the F2P matrix is lying. There is no customer service. The GM team only exists at all to give the illusion that customer service exists when it does in fact not.

Now all that said the people who answer our support tickets have nothing to do with bug fixing. Indeed there is no evidence I am aware of that the GMs have any ability to effect anything about our characts at all. Their only powers seem to relate to our account privlages.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Customer via CSS Web 03/30/2013 10:02 AM
    Hello again

Using the word quick in this here context is unreasonable.

I did submit a ticket and we also had a thread up in the bug forum for half a year, so I can appreciate if you feel I am wasting you people's time - I know exactly what that is like.

Also, the bug is not unknown, I just explained it. You are more than welcome to log on to all my characters that have the exact same thing play out in the exact same way with the exact same result - cross faction.

How to prevent it from happening however that might not be known. But, since it already happened to me I am interested in fixing it rather than preventing it.

And so I'd like to ask you to reset my Maco team commander and Maco commando accolades because that will fix it. I won't mind having all my accolades reset if that's the only way.

Alternately, reset my whole reputation system because frankly I could have gone through t5 six times by now waiting on a "quick resolve" and I don't see a fix coming, at all, outside what a GM might possibly be willing to do.
    Response Customer Support via Email 04/01/2013 06:47 PM
    Hello again,

I apologize, however we will not be able to reset the reputation system for you. Additionally, we will not be able to grant completion of, nor reset the MACO Team Commander and MACO Commando accolades for you. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Kind regards,
    GM

Yes, I signed up to have all my accolades throw away, having to replay all optionals and buy the costumes again.
    That's the point this was at for me HALF A YEAR AGO and this is how important this is.

All I can say is, you launched season 7 saying we'd "save 60 % time" almost a year ago.

Where would you say we are at now captain...

What would be fair compensation at this point ?

/edit

PS. I can't put enough emphazies on how STF was killed for "easy access" etc. to the sets and how this is arguable the top item to unlock in the game.

This isn't just one bug among many this is THE bug that should have been worked out long, long, LONG ago.
  • deathangel444deathangel444 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pacelli1 wrote: »
    If it was a $ matter, then we should be able to take up a collection for a specific fix; let us put our $ where we want it!

A C-store bug-fix fund! Brilliant! Is it sad that it might be the only thing that gets them to place a higher value on fixing what they broke in the first place?
  • jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Tweeted Brandon Felczer just now asking about the Roxy update ever coming, his response:

"no update unfortunately"

I have a feeling this is completely off the table, and they are now doing their best to just ignore it. :(
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes, PWE.... We noticed that this was not fixed in today's update.... :mad
    edited October 2013
    Hear is how the F2P Matrix describes customer service for gold and silver players:

Gold Members
    Customer Service: Unlimited

Silver Players
    Customer Service: Limited

So just what does this mean? Experience tells us that:

Most tickets by most silver players are never answered at all or closed without a response.
    Most tickets by most gold players receive a response after eight days. The response is a copy and past apology for being unable to help, the ticket is then closed.

In either case my every experience and all anecdotal evidence supports the proposition that the F2P matrix is lying. There is no customer service. The GM team only exists at all to give the illusion that customer service exists when it does in fact not.

Now all that said the people who answer our support tickets have nothing to do with bug fixing. Indeed there is no evidence I am aware of that the GMs have any ability to effect anything about our characts at all. Their only powers seem to relate to our account privlages.
    Yep - PWE's customer service is terrible - which is why I won't purchase a lifetime membership.
    edited October 2013
    jjdez wrote: »
    Tweeted Brandon Felczer just now asking about the Roxy update ever coming, his response:

"no update unfortunately"

I have a feeling this is completely off the table, and they are now doing their best to just ignore it. :(

Sounds like the answer to most of their other bugs...

They really need to do a "bug bash."
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    Sorry I haven't popped into this thread in a long while. I know that many of the existing issues with the Omega Rep costumes have not yet been addressed, and I'm perfectly aware that the fixes we attempted to institute in the past turned out to not be much help to anyone.

So, I'm here to update you all, to the best of my ability.

First off, I should fill you in that when we previously reviewed the issues brought up in this thread, we were doing so from the standpoint of attempting to diagnose errors with the Accolade and Reputation systems, which we could not (and still cannot) reproduce internally in a closed environment. In other words, we were mostly grasping at straws.

As we move forward towards other solutions, we've had to bring our Character Art team up to speed on the various reports, and attempt to triage any bugs with the Costumes themselves - their data structure, and the art assets. So far, they've had their schedules filled with making new art assets and haven't had much time to investigate this topic.

We're coming up on an opportunity to spend time to bring the focus back onto this issue, and potentially get it addressed once and for all. In order to more accurately analyze and debug the various concerns, it would be helpful if we could get a clean-cut list of what is wrong, under what circumstances.

I mean something that looks like the following:

* MACO Mk XII costume failed to unlock, when half-finished prior to Reputation System launch
    * Klingon Honor Guard chest piece missing on Klingon Females
    * Adapted Honor Guard helmet does not display on XX species/gender
    * (etc).

The more concise you can be, the better. But being concise doesn't mean leaving out details.

Thank you for your assistance. I hope we can get a solution in place to most, or all, of these issues by the time Season 8 rolls out, or soon thereafter.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • matthewfelixmatthewfelix Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How about this one, my Fed Allied Romulan Engineer after unlocking the Adapted Maco (Mk 12) ground set costume via the relevant Omega Reputation project. I don't get the head type option to display/modify the helmet at all with the Maco costume option in the tailor (despite having a humanoid/helmet option for my on duty costumes due to the romulan helmet options in the tailor).

I can 'fake' the helmet slightly if I am wearing the adapted maco armor and using the default coloring scheme and showing the armor as that would display the default helmet seen when displaying the armor, but it also won't match the colors I can set my Adapted Maco costume at the tailor to anything other than the default.

I do have one of the sunglasses from the risan event as I recall there was a bug that was introduced when those were added that interfered with the displaying of helmets in the tailor.

Basically what is wrong:
    * In the tailor when trying to modify a Maco/Omega costume type in the 'head tab' the option to switch between a Humanoid head or the helmet is missing for my Fed-Allied Romulan Engineer. However the option does appear for my Romulan (lib borg) when using on duty to have access to the free and zen store helmets for Romulans, but the option disappears when using the tailor to access an omega reputation costume type.

This option is present on my Fed Sci character when using Omega reputation costumes, both unlockied before and after the introduction of the omega reputation system, thus indicating that this isn't an account issue, but an issue with my Liberated Borg Romulan Engineer (fed-ally) character

So basically is this how you want things described? Or are there other sorts of details you want included? If so what sort of details?
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013

* MACO Mk XII costume failed to unlock, when half-finished prior to Reputation System launch
    * (etc).

The more concise you can be, the better. But being concise doesn't mean leaving out details.

KHG "Be'ves" chest piece is missing on my Orion Female with all KHG costume projects completed. I have not yet acquired KHG costumes on my other KDF females, so I can't confirm it for any other species. She can use all KHG Hos and Quv variants that I'm aware of, including the helmet. She acquired all pieces through the Reputation system.

As an art issue rather than an art unlock issue, the KHG jacket is available as a standard uniform option on my Orion under "Uniform - Jacket Tight", but there is a noticeable hole through the stomach due to the KHG pants having a higher waistband than other lower body options. (Picture)
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Klingon Honor Guard chest piece missing on Klingon Females

I first obtained a standard KHG XII set and completed its associated Costume project. I then completed the costume project for completing the optionals (I had completed the optionals by the time I hit T2 Omega if that matters). I then obtained the mk XII Adapted KHG set and completed its costume project. I then completed the XI standard KHG set and its costume project to see if that worked. After each costume project I looked in the tailor for the missing chest piece and could not find the option.

If someone could tell me exactly where this option should be available from on the tailor that would help expedite the proses of checking to see if potential fixes work and would allow me to confirm if Ive boon looking in the right place.

Edit: My toon is an Orion female and I have obtained all my KHG parts through the rep system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2013

* (etc).

Thank you for your assistance. I hope we can get a solution in place to most, or all, of these issues by the time Season 8 rolls out, or soon thereafter.

I haven't had the helmet issue at all but the main problem is the Klingon(after rep system), Liberated Borg Female, and Orion female it does not give the chest option.

I'll list out of my various characters that finished it after S7/Reputation came along.

Liberated Klingon Male: Works fine

Liberated Klingon Female: Only Chest not working

Lethean (Male Only Race):Upper, Both Shoulders(Cape and Fur), Lower, Boots not working

Orion Female: Upper (Same as Klingon Female issue), Both Shoulder Pads/Fur and Cape, Lower and boots not working.

Gorn (Male Only): Upper, Cape, Fur, Lower not working.

Ferasan Male: Upper, Both Shoulder Pads(Fur and Cape *Do work*), Lower and feet not working.

As my review I do not have a single issue with helmets although others seem to have this problem. The regular Klingons all had sets prior to the rep system so that may be another issue there so I have no problems with those 3 of each class as well as Nausicaan.

The only ones out there I do not have or have been waiting for the system to be less grinding for rep system as follows.

Male Orion, Female Ferasan, Male Alien, Female Alien, and Joined Trill Male and Female.
    edited October 2013
    Gee... PWE is asking for the information again?!?!? Why can't they just read through the thread?

Oh well... here's a cut/paste from what I previously posted (back in April):
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    I submitted a ticket a while back under Bam-Bam@fadmbambam, but I don't see any of the bug tickets in the "View My Tickets" area.

I have completed the Omega Force Veteran accolade, but my accolade list is messed up on it. There's actually two problems:

1) The accolade is listed twice. Although the first accolade shows I have all of the items, it doesn't show as completed and I haven't received the accolade points or the title.

OmegaForceVeteran-1.png

2) The second one says that I don't have the Mark XI Omega PSG, even though I've had it for a while.

OmegaForceVeteran-2.png
    edited October 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    Gee... PWE is asking for the information again?!?!? Why can't they just read through the thread?

Oh well... here's a cut/paste from what I previously posted (back in April):

At this point I just posted the specifics just to hope this can one day be resolved.

What they really need to do with this game is have a specific team that combs through everything from what was originally created up until what is current/coming out to resolve all the old issues that still exist, up to this issue, and ones being currently created with all the new content that comes out. Also not just the fed side but for anything KDF and Romulan that is in need of attention.
  • rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Full Omega XII acquired before reputation system was introduced.

All accolades unlocked after reputation was introduced.

OMEGA XII final visual failed to unlock.

This ONLY happened on character that had the Omega set before rep.

3 other characters successfully unlocked Omega final visual after the rep was introduced.
  • stulpnagelstulpnagel Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    far, they've had their schedules filled with making new art assets and haven't had much time to investigate this topic.

yes, we noticed that. take a look at the 37 pages this thread has and you'll understand what's the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grievasgrievas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have the following situation:
    I have 3 KDF characters (alien famale, romulan allied female, gorn)
    At this time all the above characters have completed all relevant accolades and costume unlock projects.
    I had absolutely no problem with completing the accolades, BUT still I have incosistencies and missing costume parts:

* Klingon Honor Guard chest piece missing on KDF female alien and allied romulan female (drop down list is greyed out)
    * Klingon Honor Guard upper arm attach is missing for allied romulan female (drop down list is not visible at all)
    * Klingon Honor Guard collar is missing for allied romulan female (drop down list is not visible at all)
    * Klingon Honor Guard only standard helmet available for KDF female alien and allied romulan female (no Hos or Quv variant)
    * Klingon Honor Guard helmet options not accessible in the tailor at all for Gorn male (drop down list for heads is not visible at all, and I know it should be on the head customization screen)

* when i try to rename the costume slots that have the KHG or formal category an error message says 'Outfit uses invalid parts' and the name doesn't change
    edited October 2013
    stulpnagel wrote: »
    yes, we noticed that. take a look at the 37 pages this thread has and you'll understand what's the problem.

Its still not enough we might get a response that its our fault its broken because we are such low population in the game.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think they meant to say for the chest piece/helmet people they'd like you to post details.

Which doesn't neccessarily belong in this here thread being about the bugged accolades.

Or maybe it does...

Pretty sure everyone understands finishing your optionals for the accolade with a season 6 costume is the problem ?

Me personally I have the accolade bug on 2, 1 being an orion female that isn't missing chest or helmet.

So maybe post when you got the bug, how did you get the set, do you have 2 characters that both have the missing chest or helmet or 2 similar races or w/e where the bug isn't showing up on one.

Basically anything that might hint a reason for it

/edit

ps. If you remember they talked about the roxy solution that would count your accolades and optionals I think when they said it didn't resolve the problem for "everyone", I think they were talking about the chest and helmet people...
    edited October 2013
    Its still not enough we might get a response that its our fault its broken because we are such low population in the game.

Yea... I can't even tell you the number of times PWE's "Customer Service" has blamed me for the problem..... missing BOFFs on stations, accolades screwed up, server disconnects, game crashing, etc....
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In order to more accurately analyze and debug the various concerns, it would be helpful if we could get a clean-cut list of what is wrong, under what circumstances.

* (etc).

My character; Temo@ctcc42, has the following bugged STF accolades:

Omega Force Operative (collect mk XII Omega Set): All requirments are marked completed, accolade itself is not.

M.A.C.O. Elite Commander (Have both the M.A.C.O. Commando and M.A.C.O Team Commander Accolades): Both the required accolades are marked compleet but the M.A.C.O. Elite Commander accolade is not.

Before the reputation system was implemented this character did not have the Mk XII omega force weapon (for Omega Force Operative) and he had not compleeted the optional on infected ground elite (for M.A.C.O. Team Commander).

After the reputation system was implemented he achived both these requirments.

Deleting and reclaiming the M.A.C.O. and Omega sets has not resolved the issue.

There is no costume project unlock in the reputation system for me to unlock.

On an unrelated topic, this character also has the doffs, boffs and ships necisery to reproduce bugs with deflector duty officers, Juel duncan and botanists. Alll of which have also been known bugged for a long time. (I dont know if you read my feedback in the thread where you mentioned you tested deflector officers bort, but your test missed somthing, My own tests confirmed they dont work.)
  • deathangel444deathangel444 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In order to more accurately analyze and debug the various concerns, it would be helpful if we could get a clean-cut list of what is wrong, under what circumstances.

* (etc).

Okay, round two:

Pro'los@deathangel444
    * MACO Mk XII costume was unlocked prior to season 7
    * "MACO Team Commander" accolade was unlocked after season 7.
    * "MACO Elite Commander" accolade is not unlocked.
    I think the problem is that the post-season 7 "MACO Elite commander" (that unlocks the costume PROJECT instead of giving the costume directly) accolade does not recognize the pre-season 7 "MACO Commando" accolade.

Inzara@deathangel444
    * Klingon Female.
    * Honor guard Mk XII unlocked POST season 7.
    * Upper body costume option is greyed out and the Honor Guard chest piece ("Be'ves") option is not available.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,477 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    *Sigh* Alright... I'll remind this thread of my situation.

Roll@ratter20200
    *Mk XII MACO set claimed Pre Season 7. ESTF Optioinal Accolade earned Post Season 7. Accolade will not unlock, preventing access to Accolade MACO costume project.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bump, say bump, bump it up!!!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• vroupvroup Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Affected character:
    -Ill'issin@Snivel

Issue description:
    I had completed some sets, some partial before the implemention of the reputation system

I have all relevant accolades completed and recognised with the following exceptions:
    M.A.C.O. Veteran (accolade not recognised as completed, even if all the requisites are ticked as complete - I have the full set)

Omega Force Operative (accolade not recognised as completed, even if all the requisites are ticked as complete - I have the full set)

M.A.C.O. Elite Commander (accolade remains incomplete due to M.A.C.O. Veteran and Omega Force Operative not being recognised)

Effects:
    I've researched all possible tailor sets already. I have access to the Elite Omega cosmetics. However, I do not have access to the Elite MACO cosmetic variant. Not a single piece.

Affected character:
    -Stephany@Snivel

Issue description:
    I had the full X and XI MACO/OMEGA sets, and partial XII OMEGA prior to the implemention of the reputation system

I have all relevant accolades completed and recognised with the following exceptions:
    M.A.C.O. Veteran (accolade not recognised as completed, even if all the requisites are ticked as complete - I have the full set)

Adapted Commando (didn't bother with this one)

Omega Force Shadow Operative (accolade remains incomplete due to M.A.C.O. Veteran not being recognised)

Effects:
    I've researched all possible tailor sets already, and have access to the full MACO elite commander cosmetics. However, I do not have access to the Elite Omega cosmetic variant. Not a single piece.

Points of interest:
    Stephany@Snivel is my first character, Ill'issin has been created as my third. Spiner@Snivel is my second character (reputation hardly progressed, still boasting old 'plastic' Gorn looks)

On Steph I can wear the full elite maco cosmetics, and on Illy it's exactly the opposite.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sorry I haven't popped into this thread in a long while. I know that many of the existing issues with the Omega Rep costumes have not yet been addressed... ...I hope we can get a solution in place to most, or all, of these issues by the time Season 8 rolls out, or soon thereafter.
    Thank you for the update Borticus. It does mean a lot.
    ...In order to more accurately analyze and debug the various concerns, it would be helpful if we could get a clean-cut list of what is wrong, under what circumstances.

* (etc).

KHG Armor Issues (Missing Be'ves Top and Helmet)
    Character Name: Alira@PatricianVetinari
    Faction, Race, Gender: KDF Orion Female
    Completed Costume Unlock Projects:
    - Costume Unlock: Honor Guard Style 2 (Acquire KHG Mk XII Set)
    - Costume Unlock: Honor Guard Style 3 (Complete All Elite Optionals)
    Missing Pieces:
    - Honor Guard Be'ves options
    - Honor Guard Hos Helmet
    Notes:
    I do have the basic Honor Guard Helmet that came with my Costume Style 2 Unlock. If there is a Style 3 Helmet Variant, I didn't get it. I also did not get the Be'ves chest piece or any other Be'ves optional pieces that should have come with the Style 3 costume unlock. All relevant accolades/armor acquisition was completed after LoR via the Rep system for this character.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • jadz3jadz3 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We're coming up on an opportunity to spend time to bring the focus back onto this issue, and potentially get it addressed once and for all. In order to more accurately analyze and debug the various concerns, it would be helpful if we could get a clean-cut list of what is wrong, under what circumstances.

* (etc).

Well, my round 2 post for this issue goes something like this:
    Character: Jolanar@jadz3, Federation Engineer.

Circumstances: I have both of the requirement accolades for completing the "MACO ELITE COMMANDER" accolade, I have both of the prerequisite titles equip-able, both of the accolades are listed under my "COMPLETE" filter.
    I had completed the full MK XII MACO Ground Set prior to implementation of the reputation system earning me the accolade for completing said set. However I did NOT get the final optional I needed(Infected Ground Elite) until AFTER season 7 was in place. When I DID get the optional, I was awarded the accolade "MACO TEAM COMMANDER" to say I had gotten all the optionals.

Thus: I had already gotten the first accolade and now had the 2nd accolade, but 1 + 1 did NOT in fact = 2 in this case. The final accolade that allows the project unlock for the "MACO ELITE COMMANDER" uniform did not complete as it should have. I had tried claiming a full new set of Mk XII MACO Gear from the reputation projects, but that had no effect.

P.S.
    I'd like to add that quite a few of my fleet-mates are suffering from this bug as well, it is by no means an isolated incident, and I have in fact also come across other players outside the fleet with the same issue both in game and here on the forums.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Seems everyone is suffering from the similar accolade stuck problem. I'm suffering the same problem. Got some parts before the rep system and some after. Accolades show everything gotten but are stuck.
  • natir0natir0 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    on my Romulan KDF aligned character, I acquired the Omega MkXII Ground set, completed the costume project and can not customize my Omega costume. It does not appear in the option at all. Only Uniform and Off Duty shows up.

Filed bug reports, gm tickets, etc..

Side note, I seem to have an "extra" costume slot that appeared by magic one day. I can not edit it, it seems to be a duplicate of my 3rd slot.
  • issvanoraissvanora Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    More rep grindin incoming. More bugs. Most likely now the whole omega reputation wont work with the interduction of S8. Congratulations on continuein to throw out stuff without fixin things that are broken for more then 8 months. Getting tiresome. Then again as long as you push out lock boxes I guess everything is fine : >