test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Did that, uploaded, doesn't show with sigpic code and won't allow me to provide a link. I hope the sig upload does not need to be "approved", b/c that is never going to happen... well, I do have a nearly nude Klingon chick for my avatar LOL. I'm going to try to resize it or something.

Anywho... LEPER 4 LIFE!
    Just about to get it tattooed on my stomach if this goes on for much longer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I think I know why... You're an ensign. ;)
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • wpace2wpace2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Those whom are doom sayers are not dev's they have no idea whats going on behind the doors of the cryptics office there fore they have no proof to back up their clams of how the rest of us who are not able to get in game will be left out for the rest of eternity. Dont listen to what other players say since they are in the dark just like the rest of us wither they are ingame or not. Theres been plenty of doom sayers through out history and most of the time their wrong then they just look like fools
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Did that, uploaded, doesn't show with sigpic code and won't allow me to provide a link. I hope the sig upload does not need to be "approved", b/c that is never going to happen... well, I do have a nearly nude Klingon chick for my avatar LOL. I'm going to try to resize it or something.

Anywho... LEPER 4 LIFE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

will make a tutorial vid once i download the software
    nerf.jpg]
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    chroma01 wrote: »
    No effect, captain. We're still stuck in the No-Play Scenario...

Cool I'll use that on a crash sig if you don't mind.
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    Umm , branflakes does not want us calling ourselves lepers anymore

Um ok then were the Vidians
    New idea, Phage Fleet. Still in canon, not as offensive to overly Politically Correct Crowd?

Phage fleet is good to!

If I ever see it in zone, Ill respond with something about the Persistent Officer.

I thought of something, when we do get back in, at least a lot of the lemmings will have run away from the sphere as people are already getting bored with it.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Or Widians, according to Chekov! :D
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Branflakes hard at work. Following copied from my twitter interaction:

To @PWE_BranFlakes Perhaps a post on [Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup in forum is needed, natives myself included are getting restless - 2 H ago

Reply: @PWE_BranFlakes I've been posting daily - 1 H ago

My response X2: @PWE_BranFlakes Last post on STO Forum site was Friday. No news is not good news. Not all follow u on twitter. Just FYI & @PWE_BranFlakes [Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 65, post #649) was last - 4 min
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
    edited November 2013
    Not trying to really found a fleet... just trying to pass the time... have some social interaction while we wait...

I've. Been here 7 days now... not out to bother anyone... just passing the time since it seems this is as close as we can get to the game... waited three days now on a word of anything related to this issue and nothing. Mostly we got bored and restless waiting.

I'm. All for following along and being politically correct I hadn't really thought much about it honestly... still I suppose not one of us has ever told a Blond joke or aything else that might be considered in poor taste... yet we get a hand smack for this to tame us... worse yet I think its possibly the reason they truly have deserted the thread for us and for my part in that I am sorry...
    Well, the word "fleet" fell quite often in this context, thus I got the impression that this would be the case.
    I wouldn't think of this here being some kind of fleet, more some kind of secret organisation.
    I'm not sure if it would be fitting to use the term "fleet" in this case...

I think I'm gonna stick to the Order of Persistence, for now.
    edited November 2013
    I dont even have a twitter account.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
    edited November 2013
    Also @STO_DevTracker Any news on fix for those unable to log-on since season 8 launch error code 18897741, same error 10/03/13 patch - 1 min

no response yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2013
    Hm... for some reson, my sig doesn't show. No pics, just some words.

EDIT: Ah, just shows for the new posts...
    edited November 2013
    And @trekonlinegame The team that can work on it continues to do so and hopes to have a resolution available as soon as possible. - 4 H
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2013
    Hm... for some reson, my sig doesn't show. No pics, just some words.

EDIT: Ah, just shows for the new posts...

be sure to click blue insert picture in sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

An update! The team that can work on this issue is making great progress. We're testing a potential solution internally -- if it passes checks, we'll put it onto Tribble for you to check out. It won't be in today's Tribble update, but hopefully the next one.

As I mentioned, I will update this thread as I receive updates. If I have not posted, it's not because I am ignoring the thread, it's because I don't have an update. We do care about each of you, and want you in-game experiencing everything we worked so hard on. Hopefully that will be soon if all checks out.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited November 2013
    For me I just use the browse button pick the image then upload and save, always works for me.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • revanpikerevanpike Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

An update! The team that can work on this issue is making great progress. We're testing a potential solution internally -- if it passes checks, we'll put it onto Tribble for you to check out. It won't be in today's Tribble update, but hopefully the next one.

As I mentioned, I will update this thread as I receive updates. If I have not posted, it's not because I am ignoring the thread, it's because I don't have an update. We do care about each of you, and want you in-game experiencing everything we worked so hard on. Hopefully that will be soon if all checks out.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for the update! Keep up the work!
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

(yey),,,,,
    nerf.jpg]
  • fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks Brandon. Fingers crossed.
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This exact same problem happened to me on the last big patch on 10/03/2013. The Cryptic loading screan loads up to about the 70-75% mark and then crashes to the desktop.

People might as well sit back and enjoy playing another game for a while. Cryptic moves at the break neck speed of a turtle when fixing these things. If we are lucky we will be able to play by Thursday.
  • cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well lets hope this patch for tribble works so that we can at least try and see what season 8 is like before we get into the actual game
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Brandon, thanks for the update!
    edited November 2013

Anywho... LEPER 4 LIFE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tryng to upload vid now youtube trouble
    nerf.jpg]
  • azeitadoazeitado Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Finally some good news, I'm looking forward to playing again !!!
    edited November 2013
    hmmm Tribble. I got enough memory taken up on this pc with just sto. So I'll wait for the holodeck version. If it wasnt for Arc I would just delete STO and reinstall without Tribble.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • bornbaddbornbadd Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Fixing tribble wont help us who do not play on tribble .....so what are we looking at ? a few more weeks of No STO ? while you test the fix on the test server to see if it passes the test .that may one day help us get back in Game ? Frustrated :confused:
  • cdixon1967cdixon1967 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    please, please, pretty please with a cherry on top. :)

<crosses fingers>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • revanpikerevanpike Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cmdrbenson wrote: »
    Well lets hope this patch for tribble works so that we can at least try and see what season 8 is like before we get into the actual game

That's at least kinda ironic. To test a fix that was needed over a month ago during the actual testing of s8 on tribble..
    edited November 2013
    been meaning to ask. how do you use tribble
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    revanpike wrote: »
    That's at least kinda ironic. To test a fix that was needed over a month ago during the actual testing of s8 on tribble..
    Given the issue was actually the same.

@ My fellow Captains who tried to tell me about including a pic:
    Sorry for the misunderstanding, but my sig is just what you can see below. It's supposed to be like this. I only thought the sig would show up on my older posts. Stating that it was just some text without any pic.
  • bornbaddbornbadd Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Has your crash on Tribble caused you to not be able to get in game at all ? Because that would suck hard ...I month is a long time to not warp into battle ~! :eek:
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Proof I read his post right... ;) :P
    Hmm... makes me wonder if they get that fix out before I find that copy of Win 7 to set up my new machine...
    It's standing there in the corner about as long as I can't get into the game... :/
This discussion has been closed.