test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• jimbobbubbajimbobbubba Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They Need To Offer Us A A Chance To Get The 15% Zen Bonus Once They Fix Their Mistake
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Tribble's not working for me yet *sigh*
    nerf.jpg]
  • sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I DID IT!!!!! ITS WORKED!!!! I AM ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!! YEAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!
    oh man... oh... so much win...
    so they are in the right track guys just hang up a little more!!!!!
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
    edited November 2013
    i figured out why i couldnt find tribble, the shard wasnt enabled in the options (tickbox settings)
    nerf.jpg]
  • rabiddsaintrabiddsaint Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Was able to log into tribble, get into the dyson sphere and shoot up a few ships.. seems to be working fine for me..

I deeply appologize for my previous arrogance to the forum, I didn't try tribble first and found no update on holodeck.. it struck me in the wrong manor and I flew off the handle..

I'm sorry..

Tribble works here to the dev team.. My thanks..
  • tehburnsteptehburnstep Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cmdrbenson wrote: »
    ENOUGH!!!!! at least they are getting it fixed. I'm sick of people like you bashing Brandon and the Devs, we all understand you are a lifer. BACK OFF

I will just point out a couple things yet again.

1) Mr. Flakes is the point man for the company. He is paid to disseminate (dis)information and blunt the anger of the masses... IE, he gets paid to take it. Nothing in this thread has been of an overly personal or aggressive nature. Under the circumstances things have been very docile.

2) More importantly, most of us were here on 10/3 AND the problem was identified AGAIN on Tribble and pushed live anyway... putting us right back here. We have yet to get any kind of an explanation as to who dropped the ball and what might be done in the future to stop similar occurrences from happening. To me that is just gross incompetence on all fronts, and the Devs deserve all the... criticism... they may get. If you find that level of... performance... even remotely acceptable then we will just have to agree to disagree on the matter, but please spare the righteous indignation.
  • maximilianthevmaximilianthev Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dunno what people are talking about but I could log into tribble since day one of Season 8..just no luck at getting into holodeck..keeps crashing at the Cryptic loading screen and always at the same loading bar place..somewhere at the end...
  • wpace2wpace2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Finally got a chance to play season 8 on tribble and I loved it well done devs :D
    edited November 2013
    dunno what people are talking about but I could log into tribble since day one of Season 8..just no luck at getting into holodeck..keeps crashing at the Cryptic loading screen and always at the same loading bar place..somewhere at the end...

WE HAVE ANOTHER ONE!

have a seat:cool:
    nerf.jpg]
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Welcome to 'Section 75'...

Or the '188... whatever Club'... the name's still in committee.

I'm still hoping that they'll extend the Solanae Tribble claiming period for those of us who can't get on Holodeck yet. (It goes off Thursday, which is the next maintenance day, which means that if they don't, we'll have missed out... and there's no idea of when or if it will become purchasable yet...)
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    85.5 % Patched
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
    edited November 2013
    I am the proud owner of a new ticket 18897741
    nerf.jpg]
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    I'm still hoping that they'll extend the Solanae Tribble claiming period for those of us who can't get on Holodeck yet.

As we're hoping to have the resolution live this Thursday, we will be extending the Solanae claim period so that those of you crashing have a chance to pick it up. I'll post something before the end of day tomorrow in the forums/ update the site article with the extension date.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited November 2013
    As we're hoping to have the resolution live this Thursday, we will be extending the Solanae claim period so that those of you crashing have a chance to pick it up. I'll post something before the end of day tomorrow in the forums/ update the site article with the extension date.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Wa'hey!....
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    Thanks Brandon for the update
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • captainscott1977captainscott1977 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank you!!
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Great! Thanks, Brandon.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank you, sir.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • metalkorekingmetalkoreking Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Im not sure if this helps anyone here, but I find if I push anything or click my mouse or swap to the home screen or pretty anything other than sit still on the loading screen, it will bring up the program not responding notification. If I wait patienly even if its sonetimes a couple of minites wait, it will fire up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    I am the proud owner of a new ticket 18897741

Howdy! Welcome to my part of this group. We got cupcakes!

EDIT: Also, yay for tribbles!
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • rabiddsaintrabiddsaint Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Man I'm glad we're making progress..
    Such a relief..
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Still crashing same ticket number 18897741
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Howdy! Welcome to my part of this group. We got cupcakes!

thanks..........
    nerf.jpg]
  • hecarriesmehecarriesme Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nolann1 wrote: »
    Nolan here,

Hey all with the Crash problem upon STO loadup or Character Select Screen ...

TRY THIS, IT WORKED FOR 1 COMPUTER IN MY HOME THAT WAS DOING THE SAME THING AS YOUR ALLs' ISSUE ALSO. MY CPU WOULD STALL ON A BLACK COLORED SCREEN AT STO CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN THEN CRASH...

Step 1 :: Right click on your Star Trek Online Shortcut >> and properties > Open File Location >> find the 'localdata Folder' > enter it > and DELETE THE >> GamePrefs.pref FILE COMPLETELY.. Recycle the dam thing lol...

Step 2 :: Then, Double click on yer STO shortcut, and watch the Patch Launcher small window Open in middle of screen ...

Step 3 :: Click on the small word ' OPTIONS ' at top right...

Step 4 :: Uncheck Fast Start (if checked) , Uncheck Force Verify, and CHECK >> SAFE MODE >> then hit SAVE...

Step 5 :: Now type login username and password ...

Step 6 :: With safe mode checked, you SHOULD getta small pop-up asking ' if you want to start STO with lowered graphics settings > Yes or No/Default settings... PICK YES TO LOWERED SETTINGS >> BUT DO NOT CHECK THAT LITTLE CHECKBOX AT BOTTOM (to remember your selection for 1 months time).

Step 7 :: Your STO SHOULD now open in a SMALLER WINDOWED WINDOW , rather than Fullscreen... This CAN get you back in to a successfully launched/loaded Character Select Screen, but NOT GUARANTEED.

Wish you all luck , and hope for the Devs to fix the Login and Character Select screen bugs ASAP , we're all routing for you ALL > Friends and Fleetmates...

~ Nolan (Legendary Final Five Elite Fleet Founder) :)

Ok this sooo works !! Thanks loads Nolan !:D
    edited November 2013
    OH yea don't worry I'm right along side you ticket number 18897741
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
    edited November 2013
    This Friday, Community Manager Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer will be hosting another livestream for our recent update, Season 8! He'll be fighting his way through the Battlezone, answering your questions, and giving out prizes* during the show.

More details about the livestream can be found here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1037311
    nerf.jpg]
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still crashing same ticket number 18897741

Might see the rest of the fix out by Thursday. But yeah, that is my ticket too from the Holodeck server.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
    edited November 2013
    18897741 that's mine too
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    i figured out why i couldnt find tribble, the shard wasnt enabled in the options (tickbox settings)

thanks so very much loading up now!!!!!!

TRIBBLE anyone know why it doesn't list tribble in my list of games? I checked the all games box... nothing but champions holodeck and neverwinter :(
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
    edited November 2013
    what is everyone doing that I'm not to get on to tribble????
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
This discussion has been closed.