test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• bornbaddbornbadd Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    revanpike wrote: »
    That's at least kinda ironic. To test a fix that was needed over a month ago during the actual testing of s8 on tribble..
    IKR .......does not leave me with much hope for game play any time soon ~!
  • wpace2wpace2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

An update! The team that can work on this issue is making great progress. We're testing a potential solution internally -- if it passes checks, we'll put it onto Tribble for you to check out. It won't be in today's Tribble update, but hopefully the next one.

As I mentioned, I will update this thread as I receive updates. If I have not posted, it's not because I am ignoring the thread, it's because I don't have an update. We do care about each of you, and want you in-game experiencing everything we worked so hard on. Hopefully that will be soon if all checks out.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

See I've been saying that they haven't forgotten about us. I think some of you people owe brandon and the devs an apology :mad:
  • cdixon1967cdixon1967 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yaaaaay.... wait....what??
    Tribble....
    grrrrrrrr
    :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Did that, uploaded, doesn't show with sigpic code and won't allow me to provide a link. I hope the sig upload does not need to be "approved", b/c that is never going to happen... well, I do have a nearly nude Klingon chick for my avatar LOL. I'm going to try to resize it or something.

Anywho... LEPER 4 LIFE!
    Just about to get it tattooed on my stomach if this goes on for much longer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-eND6XjeY4

heres the vid, i tried to do it properly but youtube wouldn't upload a vid with no audio

(fixed link)
    nerf.jpg]
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cdixon1967 wrote: »
    yaaaaay.... wait....what??
    Tribble....
    grrrrrrrr
    :(
    That's standard procedure.
    Would be not really good if they'd put it directly on Holodeck and it screws up other players' login, too.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    wpace2 wrote: »
    See I've been saying that they haven't forgotten about us. I think some of you people owe brandon and the devs an apology :mad:
    Agreed. But I wonder what will happen first. We getting to play again or them apologizing... ;)
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So what's the deal with all the free lobi that we lepers have missed out on due to the crashing? Will there be an extension, or are we just sh*t out of luck?
    I need a beer.

• chroma01chroma01 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cool I'll use that on a crash sig if you don't mind.

Go for it! *laugh* I'm still stuck in it! *sigh*
  • cenellcenell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    wpace2 wrote: »

Apologize, for a problem that they were aware of, did nothing about on test, ported over to holodeck without consideration, and caused a problem they could have solved before the s8 launch?

Riiiiight.........
  • fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Holy TRIBBLE! Just patched Tribble and IT DIDN"T CRASH!!! Servers down BUT IT DIDN"T CRASH!!
    edited November 2013
    Are you saying I updated my sig too soon?
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Apologize....no. Thank him for providing and update, finally. Yes, so thank you Brand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    fcaptkmton wrote: »
    Holy TRIBBLE! Just patched Tribble and IT DIDN"T CRASH!!! Servers down BUT IT DIDN"T CRASH!!

Good news :) Looks like part of the fix we are testing internally is actually on Tribble now, but not all of it as it's still in testing, so some may still be crashing. I didn't want to get everyone's hopes up in my last post since it's not all there yet, but I'm glad it's working for you and some of the others in this thread.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Apologize....no. Thank him for providing and update, finally. Yes, so thank you Brand.

Yes very happy for the update... hoping for you guys to get in...keep us in the loop though ok....my Pc can barely hold what I have been patching lol... but I am a persistent officer... I will get there!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
    edited November 2013
    Good news :) Looks like part of the fix we are testing internally is actually on Tribble now, but not all of it as it's still in testing, so some may still be crashing. I didn't want to get everyone's hopes up in my last post since it's not all there yet, but I'm glad it's working for you and some of the others in this thread.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Still crash on tribble.
    new error code - 25935954
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Still crash on tribble.

Thanks for the report. As noted in my post you quoted, the solution we're testing is not currently available for Tribble. It needs to pass internal testing before we put it onto Tribble, but it looks like part of it is available now, and will resolve the issue for only some players.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited November 2013
    Yeyyyyyyy! havnt tryed it yet but Yeyyyy
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the report. As noted in my post you quoted, the solution we're testing is not currently available for Tribble. It needs to pass internal testing before we put it onto Tribble, but it looks like part of it is available now, and will resolve the issue for only some players.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Understood that, just sharing new info. hope it helps :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• cdixon1967cdixon1967 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    yaaaaay, will try Tribble tonight and if still crash will provide new ticket number then.

Edit..
    forgot I deleted Tribble. Gotta re-download it. Gaaaaaagh, 12 GB <facepalm> :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bornbadd wrote: »
    Fixing tribble wont help us who do not play on tribble .....so what are we looking at ? a few more weeks of No STO ? while you test the fix on the test server to see if it passes the test .that may one day help us get back in Game ? Frustrated :confused:

If we, (hopefully every last one of us), can get on tribble, (successfully), then
    there is a really good chance the patch will be a success when transferred over to the Holodeck.
    How fast this might happen, may depend on how fast we can say either,
    yes, I got in, or no, it still crashes.
    It would sure be nice if we could do that in a day or two after the tribble server has been patched.
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    been meaning to ask. how do you use tribble

The "Tribble" button is over to the left of your "Engage" button, (On your UI),
    beside the "Holodeck", and sometimes "Redshirt" button.
    But first, Read This and then Do That.

And just an unrelated plea for mercy...
    Could you guys hijacking this thread with the "how do I do a sig", posts, either take it
    to another thread, or try to at least amuse the rest of us by including a
    really good Star Trek or Crashed to desktop joke? Perhaps a poem, or song even?
    Please, have mercy!
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    11:45 pm in the uk now, so will go to bed and try in the morning.

and could someone plz tell me how to get on tribble, online instructions are of no use

(nevermind answer was posted as i was writing)
    nerf.jpg]
  • azeitadoazeitado Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Right now I tested the tribble and no error was detected, but the server is unavailable, I'll see if anything happens when an update appear. :)
    edited November 2013
    Still crash on tribble.

FYI cuz ya asked. not spamming
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013

you serious you got into tribble
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
    edited November 2013

The "Tribble" button is over to the left of your "Engage" button, (On your UI),
    beside the "Holodeck", and sometimes "Redshirt" button.
    But first, Read This and then Do That.

And just an unrelated plea for mercy...
    Could you guys hijacking this thread with the "how do I do a sig", posts, either take it
    to another thread, or try to at least amuse the rest of us by including a
    really good Star Trek or Crashed to desktop joke? Perhaps a poem, or song even?
    Please, have mercy!

Thanks, tis ok the sig stuff should be over, (posted tutorial vid)
    nerf.jpg]
  • halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still crash on tribble.

FYI cuz ya asked. not spamming

Weren't you one of 25316319's.... if so ouch for us! That's My number.
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
    edited November 2013
    Well finally was able to log onto tribble with out it crashing :D
  • fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The servers weren't availiable. so it went back to the log-in screen but it didn't dump me back to the desktop and give a crash report.
    cmdrbenson wrote: »
    you serious you got into tribble
    edited November 2013
    The servers weren't availiable. so it went back to the log-in screen but it didn't dump me back to the desktop and give a crash report.

yeah but tribble is down but was able to say at the log in screen without crashing
    edited November 2013
    "Server is unavailable at this time", but I can see a rotating planet and the rising sun! That's a lot more than I've had before!

Do I hope... dare I dream... could this be a way out of The No-Play Scenario!?
This discussion has been closed.