test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• captainscott1977captainscott1977 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Almost done updating on Tribble...Cant wait to test. Will post results asap.
  • fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    True, but the fact is that even without the log in screen it didn't crash back to desktop. This is the first time since this started that it brought me back to the log in screen. Every time prior to this it just crashed. I'm willing to bet dilithium that when tribble comes back up I'll be able to log in and start playing.
    wpace2 wrote: »
    yeah but tribble is down but was able to say at the log in screen without crashing
  • zer0tran1zer0tran1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    fcaptkmton wrote: »
    Holy TRIBBLE! Just patched Tribble and IT DIDN"T CRASH!!! Servers down BUT IT DIDN"T CRASH!!

OMG ME TOO!!! THERE IS HOPE! *cries* There is hope.

edit: btw, how much time do we have until the solanae tribble disappears back into subspace?
  • nyasayanyasaya Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    AHH YEEAHH~!! Can finally make it to the login screen. It doesn't crash for me either, w00t. Thanks Cryptic, mucho love. ::kiss kiss:: :D

Now to wait for thursdays maintenance. D:
    LEmWhkGA.gif
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Good news :) Looks like part of the fix we are testing internally is actually on Tribble now, but not all of it as it's still in testing, so some may still be crashing. I didn't want to get everyone's hopes up in my last post since it's not all there yet, but I'm glad it's working for you and some of the others in this thread.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Just patched Tribble and tried to load it.

My Holodeck crash ticket number: # 18897741

My Tribble crash ticket number: # 18897741

But i understand that not all fixes are out yet. Maybe on Tuesday?
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • chroma01chroma01 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ransom2375 wrote: »
    My Tribble crash ticket number: # 18897741

I just have to say: that's an AMAZING signature pic. Totally love it.
  • halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nyasaya wrote: »
    AHH YEEAHH~!! Can finally make it to the login screen. It doesn't crash for me either, w00t. Thanks Cryptic, mucho love. ::kiss kiss:: :D

Now to wait for thursdays maintenance. D:

*looks around at the rapidly emptying room... its overturned chairs empty drink containers... a sense of desolation sets in...*

*a silent tear drips sigh*

all jokes aside good luck to you guys its been way to long :) for those who got in will you please let me know what your tickets were before... in case i get the urge to download tribble...

sorry i was posting as you were so i missed tickets in crossing... Thanks and again Good luck... go friends go!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
    edited November 2013
    *looks around at the rapidly emptying room... its overturned chairs empty drink containers... a sense of desolation sets in...*

We haven't left, we're all just out in the hallway... near the locked fire escape...

My worn ticket stub still reads: 26678632... good luck!
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok sense this seems like its almost over I had to do one more Crash sig. Enjoy all!
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    edited November 2013
    Looks like I get to stay in the club for awhile...

Holodeck ticket# 27408796

Tribble ticket# 27441443 and 27441504
  • aprovo1995aprovo1995 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    stardate 18897741 captains log I'm experencing difficulties in my day to day life style my ship has disapeard with out a trace and now I'm forced to stay on nimbus 3 ARE THEY EVER GOING TO FIX THIS?OR ARE WE JUST GOING TO WATE untill their next MISTAKE. ticket 18897741
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kornbobjkornbobj Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OK, got a friend that *HAD* this issue, he had tried all the verification / reinstall stuff with no luck... Until I asked him to try this...

If you have the Tribble test server installed, patch it up to date, then launch Tribble. If it loads then exit the game... Then go to game install folder and copy the files out of the 'Playtest' folder into the 'Live' folder, load and repatch the Holodeck files, launch game, and hope this works for you too.

Good Luck.

If you dont have Tribble installed, start patching for it, and after a few secs / min, stop the patching. Go to game install folder and copy files from Live to Playtest, then repatch it, saves having to download another 6GB.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    downloading the tribble...

awww, arent tribbles so cuddly?
  • nyasayanyasaya Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    all jokes aside good luck to you guys its been way to long :) for those who got in will you please let me know what your tickets were before... in case i get the urge to download tribble...

My ticket number in holodeck 25316319
    LEmWhkGA.gif
    edited November 2013
    consistently getting ticket # 27441504 now on Tribble....
    edited November 2013
    I'm... in. My god, it's full of (Tribble-shaped) stars!

Hope this goes live soon! Good luck to you other forgotten survivors!
  • cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Server says it's up. I have a Green Light

53 % Patched lets hope i get in
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • rabiddsaintrabiddsaint Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Retracted..

Alright, I see they actually ARE working on it.. Editing this post to retract previous statement.. Guys, its just been so long and very disturbing.. I've tried and tried to keep the situation lightened but its the time involved..
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ok downloading tribble now, whats neverwinter?
    nerf.jpg]
  • cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ya know what, I'm typically patient as hell, but this is becoming very VERY annoying.. I PAID for a LIFETIME subscription, I EXPECT the freaking dev team to get this fixed or drop the hell back to season 7.. This is totally unacceptable..

ENOUGH!!!!! at least they are getting it fixed. I'm sick of people like you bashing Brandon and the Devs, we all understand you are a lifer. BACK OFF
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Settle Rabid, soon you can rally the leper mobs, soon.

Loaded tribble and crashed, same 18... something... error. will wait til the completed update is done
  • hgfvytvgjhbjhgfvytvgjhbj Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have been having a problem with the season 8 patch for STO ,my problem is that before it even before it loads the client is telling me "Error: a hog returned an error while trying to read" can you help me get back into the action?
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Loaded tribble and crashed, same 18... something... error. will wait til the completed update is done

See, but at least there is hope! :) Now if we can get this rolled out by Wens onto the Holodeck I will be happy. (Seriously, I just put another 2k Zen...meaning I got 4300 Zen to spend so please hurry!)
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ya know what, I'm typically patient as hell, but this is becoming very VERY annoying.. I PAID for a LIFETIME subscription, I EXPECT the freaking dev team to get this fixed or drop the hell back to season 7.. This is totally unacceptable..

yep he is a klingon allright :cool:

cool your jets, i do sympathise tho, the closer it gets to completion the more impatient you will feel.

just dont get too worked up, or when you eventually get on, you will be so mad that,

your victory of patience will feel somewhat hollow.

Qapla'!
    nerf.jpg]
  • captainpurplecaptainpurple Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, I was able to log into Tribble, which is promising. However, I was experiencing extreme graphics tearing and the screen drawing back over itself while moving the camera around, resulting in many layers of the same image in different perspectives all running together. Also, anytime I would use a drop-down menu for anything, the screen would begin to go negative or whitewash the background. So, this is still a problem for me and most definately a graphics/driver issue still. For me anyway. This was only in space - I didn't bothing trying to go on the ground for anything.

And still getting "Material files reloading" on the bottom of both loading screens and during the loading of the zone.
    free jkname
    bergins wrote:
    "General Server Stability" means they are bolting the servers to the floor, right? Wouldn't you be upset if Branflakes were to go stumbling into the server room, knock a rack over, and bring the game down for a DAY? SO, they aren't scrwing it up, they are bolting it down.
    edited November 2013

At this time absolutely do NOT tell me to back off
    edited November 2013
    I'll grant you this, trying to log into tribble is at least holding.. Just not getting the e-mail to verify the computer name... We'll see
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    At this time absolutely do NOT tell me to back off

Hi, fellow Klingon Warrior here.

Settle down my fellow, we will get our time to shine. They are just making sure the rest of the fix works too.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
    edited November 2013
    Previous post retracted..

its just really REALLY irritating after so long.. I've tried to keep chilled the whole time as you should be able to see from previous posts..
  • jadensolojadensolo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    just did tribble, ran a couple of missions and seems stable for me at least. So that is just me but wanted to report back and hope to be in the game soon and everyone not just me and my other lucky fellows who the patch worked for
This discussion has been closed.