test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Just as it did for many of us on Tribble, Holodeck is crashing upon load up. Let's start at the beginning.

I loaded up the Season 8 patch and started it up. Since the server wasn't up I expected that it would close the shard and send me back to the log-in prompt. It launched, the music started and *crash* back to the desktop and the cryptic error report prompt.

Ticket #25992675
Post edited by fcaptkmton on

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    I'm escalating this. As I have more updates, I will be sure to post them here.

I appreciate your patience in advance, I apologize that this is happening to you, and hope to see you back in-game ASAP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    fcaptkmton wrote: »
    Just as it did for many of us on Tribble, Holodeck is crashing upon load up. Let's start at the beginning.

I loaded up the Season 8 patch and started it up. Since the server wasn't up I expected that it would close the shard and send me back to the log-in prompt. It launched, the music started and *crash* back to the desktop and the cryptic error report prompt.

Ticket #25992675

Hmmmm well they known about this for a bit over a month now but yes, I loaded Holodeck and crashed ;(

My problem is a bit different than yours tho, I make it to the Black Cryptic loading screen and crash never make it to the second loading screen.

And same ticket number as before from Tribble # 18897741
  • ridantonridanton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I tried as well. On my Win7 system the game CTDs before getting past the Cryptic load screen to the LoR load screen. On WinXP it crashes just as it says connecting to account server.

This is the same thing I was experiencing trying to get onto Tribble the last few weeks.

Something tells me this thread will have a long day ahead of it.
  • aneofthedustaneofthedust Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    my crashed 5 times in before i loaded the game i dont know if that is the last one as i dont usually keep logs of them

i can post the crash logs from holodeck and the tribble if u need them
    OP Revell : Vote for Vesta!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    ridanton wrote: »
    I tried as well. On my Win7 system the game CTDs before getting past the Cryptic load screen to the LoR load screen. On WinXP it crashes just as it says connecting to account server.

This is the same thing I was experiencing trying to get onto Tribble the last few weeks.

Something tells me this thread will have a long day ahead of it.

Yes it will, specially knowing it has been a known issue for over a month it all started with the patch from 10-03-13 got fixed but for some reason still persist. well at least if it ends up taking a week like the last time it got fixed at least 2 of my chars managed to convert about 6k O marks and about 300 Borg procs for a whole weeks worth of Dilithium so that will cover the days I miss doing my daily grind. But sadly wont cover the daily FE re-run for the lobi.
    edited November 2013
    And from the 3 separate Ticket numbers I can see that its not the same problem as we all have different numbers so we all dont have the same issue and it appears that we all crash in different places while others manage to make it to Char screen and crash.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I'm using Windows 7 64-bit fully updated with all the latest drivers. Game came up fine to the logon screen (since the server is down). It did take a while to get out of the loading screen and I got the (Not Responding) message on the window. I'll check on Windows 8.1 once the patch completes there.
  • nyasayanyasaya Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cannot load tribble server
    First page in tribble bug reports section, top of the page for over a month. I even commented to get Brandon aware of the problem here. BAAHHH! :mad:
    LEmWhkGA.gif
    edited November 2013
    nyasaya wrote: »
    Cannot load tribble server
    First page in tribble bug reports section, top of the page for over a month. I even commented to get Brandon aware of the problem here. BAAHHH! :mad:

Yes it appears to be the same thread I posted in and before that was the thread about Holodeck. Granted the server is not up yet but like the first post mentioned we should have been kicked off to the screen where we log in if it all went well.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just a quick suggestion: try double-checking your firewall software to make sure it's not blocking STO from accessing the Internet.

Because Holodeck and Tribble use different .exe files, it's possible that's what's causing Tribble to crash at the load screen.

I only suggest this because it happened to me - not sure if that'll help you guys.

I'm going to post this to the other thread mentioned, as well.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for getting the ball rolling, op.
    I didn't want to be the first, especially before the server is even up again.

But ya, just like in tribble attempts, the game crashes before the character load screen.
    Guess we saw this coming from a mile away, eh?

Anyways, Thanks Brandon for the quick response and "getting on this".

As long as I get in before the one lonely recruit in my fleet can claim leadership, I'll be happy.
    (Just didn't have the heart to kick him even though I knew this would happen).

Good luck Dev's! Kick it if you have to!

Steve
    @SCCreations
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Attempt # 2. Also failed. Verified the files. Got to "The server isn't available" message and then crashed out before the log-in prompt that always follows that message.
  • aneofthedustaneofthedust Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    by the way who runs Mozila 25.0 and runs it in background when the client crash ?
    OP Revell : Vote for Vesta!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Please be sure to include your Crash #. So far we are tracking:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Could you all experiencing crashes post your system specs while at it? I wouldn't be surprised if this was at least in some way related to XP/32bit OS, although it's just a guess.

I was experiencing crashes for a while on Tribble, but with one of the recent updates I was able to launch the game just fine. I didn't do anything on my end, both software and hardware wise so I assumed Cryptic's done SOMETHING to address the issue, at least partially. No idea though.

I'm using Win XP 32bit. Was experiencing crashes on Tribble for a few weeks, but now it seems fine. I've send numerous crash reports from Tribble over that time.

But yeah, it's sad to see the issue getting more attention only now, on S8 launch. I guess months of crash reports on Tribble were really pointless.
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited November 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    Could you all experiencing crashes post your system specs while at it? I wouldn't be surprised if this was at least in some way related to XP/32bit OS, although it's just a guess.

I was experiencing crashes for a while on Tribble, but with one of the recent updates I was able to launch the game just fine. I didn't do anything on my end, both software and hardware wise so I assumed Cryptic's done SOMETHING to address the issue, at least partially. No idea though.

I'm using Win XP 32bit. Was experiencing crashes on Tribble for a few weeks, but now it seems fine. I've send numerous crash reports from Tribble over that time.

But yeah, it's sad to see the issue getting more attention just now, on S8 launch. I guess months of crash reports on Tribble were really pointless.

Vista 32 bit 2g Ram

But remember what I said on that other thread that not many people test on tribble and now that S8 is out live we will see an influx of people coming to post about this now. Sad it did take a month for this to happen. Strange tho that some where avail to log in while some were no who where also experiencing the same crash
  • wpace2wpace2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ticket# 26402962
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    fcaptkmton wrote: »

Ticket #25992675

I'm a little confused. Holodeck is patching Season 8 in today. The servers should have been down from 6am-10am PST, which would have been almost 2 hours before your posting the OP, and continuing for another hour from this post. Did the servers come down late/come back up early?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
    edited November 2013
    I'm a little confused. Holodeck is patching Season 8 in today. The servers should have been down from 6am-10am PST, which would have been almost 2 hours before your posting the OP, and continuing for another hour from this post. Did the servers come down late/come back up early?

No servers are still down but it would have let u go in but taken u to the part that said that the server could not connect and the logging part where u input ur password.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Launching the game has little to do with game servers. You can get to the login screen as long as the launcher isn't down as well (but that would prevent you from even patching the game).

Most crashes described here occur on the very first game loading screen or the startup screen. Servers don't need to be up to get to those.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013

They are/were down, but you can still log in during that time, load up the patch and push "Engage" and it will give you a mesage that the server is down and then take you to a log in prompt..
  • nyasayanyasaya Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ticket #25316319
    LEmWhkGA.gif
  • ridantonridanton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    CTD @Cryptic Splash Screen Win7 = Ticket # 18897741
    CTD @Retrieving Character Data WinXP = Ticket # 25316319
  • stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Crashes before character select screen. Get "material files reloaded" bottom of screen when loading.
    Has been doing this on tribble before Season 8 as well, but was making it to brightness adjustment screen.
    Safe mode no help.
    WinXP Pro, 2 gigs ram, 2 gig video card. Using Arc. Redshirt still works.

Ticket# 25316319

Redshirt is gone now that the server is up.

My laptop running Vista gets me in the game. [Unfortunately, it's too underpowered to actually play].
    Not using Arc on laptop. It does also get the "material files reloaded", however.

Update:

Managed to make it well into Character Select screen,
    saw my characters, list and poses went to click options.
    (so I could slam that graphics slider down to 0 before trying to go any further),
    but couldn't quite get there before it crashed...
    (This was about my 60th try including Tribble attempts past couple weeks).
    (Same ticket # as before).

Tribble (new character) crash at brightness adjustment screen Ticket# 25941731
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wpace2wpace2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ticket # 25992675
    edited November 2013
    well sad to say that the Server is Up
  • toalla2305toalla2305 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cryptic Loading Screen -> Crash -> Ticket # 18897741

Same ticket as on Tribble.
    handle: @toalla2305
    edited November 2013
    wpace2 wrote: »
    Ticket # 25992675

hmmm did u get a different Ticket number than the one u posted earlier??? I keep getting the same number
  • kheldrynkheldryn Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can't get into the game.. Crashes when trying to load characters now.. This is the same issue I had trying to log into Tribble.. Bravo! Now I can't play at all.
    Fleet Admiral Nyte T'challa-United Federation of Planets-Task Force Draco-Tactical
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member."
This discussion has been closed.