Install Arc
Options

Big Thread of Legacy of Romulus Questions

Comments

• Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    vladdie wrote: »
    From the teaser trailer, it looked very much like a miniature singularity releasing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPUeOpqEXts

End of this video.
    Agreed. That would make sense. Too bad they never did that in a show.

And that would make sense for secretive Romulans, you never get a piece of their ships.
    In theory, a specially designed D'Deridex variant (without all the empty space) would make a very reasonable carrier in my mind. Size-wise they're already roughly on par (or a bit larger) with Galaxy-class ships in terms of volume. Dedicate a large chunk of that to hangar space and viola, instant fleet carrier.
    It was far larger as far as length than a Galaxy class. It was twice as long easily.

But it was mostly hollow, which leaves a lot of remodeling space.

But the Scimitar which we know Romulans have been building for a while now ARE carriers. Scorpion fighters come standard.
    artan42 wrote: »
    Will we have access to Romulan TOS, TAS(Both the standard and the captain's cloak thing), TNG (Neutral Zone style), TNG, DS9 (the best ones), and Nemesis style uniforms?

That would be awesome and make sense.

In the ashes of the empire you wear what you can get your hands on, the new military hardly has time to worry about textiles. Wear what you can find and report for duty on time.

Jolan Tru.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    And if the Romulans get a Federation or Klingon Rep, would everyone else get it too?

And are Romulans going to send ships to Gamma Orionis to join the Omega Force?

And I'm gonna love to see the new rewrites for things like Mine Enemy. Will the miners be angry? Or will it be a "we have not been forgotten" kind of thing?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    highcasualtyratehighcasualtyrate Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok, so as of now I have 1 available fed character slot and 1 Klingon slot. Will we get a free Romulan character slot?
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't think it's entirely clear if the "New Romulus" faction is the same as the Romulan playable faction. It did look like the bird of prey was using plasma energy weapons(same color as the New Romulus rep experimental beam) instead of disruptors in the trailer though.

I am curious what is going to be done about rank 4 'diplomacy' boff. Will you be able to choose one from each 'rival' faction? Just one? Are people who already have one going to get shafted?

Also, what was that ship at the beginning of the trailer? It kind of looked like an extra-window-y cross between a Scimitar and a Mogai.

Most importantly! Does this mean we'll be able to get "Romulan Entertainment Hologram" doffs along side the current Vulcan and Orion ones? :D
  • Options
    carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Romulan version of the Android Bridge Officer? And what species in the Romulan faction will get access to the efficient trait?
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    szerontzur wrote: »

Most importantly! Does this mean we'll be able to get "Romulan Entertainment Hologram" doffs along side the current Vulcan and Orion ones? :D

to do what, backstab your officers while they sleep? Deliver you ship and lobi to the enemy?
  • Options
    gornman47gornman47 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I hope we get all the Romulan uniform options new and old even if they deliver some in the Z-store.
    Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
  • Options
    akurie666akurie666 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have to admit, I am irritated. I set my alarm clock to catch this timer and start the patch ASAP only to discover the timer was a count down for an anouncement. What is the ETA on this content?
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    akurie666 wrote: »
    I have to admit, I am irritated. I set my alarm clock to catch this timer and start the patch ASAP only to discover the timer was a count down for an anouncement. What is the ETA on this content?

May 21, 2013 as it says on the site.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    akurie666akurie666 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    May 21, 2013 as it says on the site.

So we are given a timer and when it expires we are given a 60 day wait... I understand that the game is now complete and I should be happy. But, I should not be awake this early...
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    my question: will the Romulan/reman space sets be reworked to give special bonuses when used on Romulan ships like the jem'hadar set on the Jem'hadar ships?
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tenkari wrote: »
    my question: will the Romulan/reman space sets be reworked to give special bonuses when used on Romulan ships like the jem'hadar set on the Jem'hadar ships?

They are already in the process of re-doing those to make them more focused, and I doubt they are done. As for special mods, you don't get special mods for the MACO on Feds, or the KHG on KDF, so I would not hold my breath for special mods for the Rom/Reman on their ships.
  • Options
    nabuborianabuboria Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    • How will lockbox ships like the Temporal Destroyers work? Will Romulans get their own Temporal ships or will they be unopenable?
      Doubt it.
    • Cross-Faction console boxes - which console will Romulans get, or will they be unopenable?
      unopenable, will be forced to re-buy the romulan version.
    • Will old Feature Episodes be adjusted to accommodate Romulan players?
      Maybe, but don't go thinking we will get the old rewards.
    • Will Romulans get Joined Trill BOFFs?
      I didn't even know there was joined trill boffs in the game :D
    • Will Romulans get Lifetime Subscriber Liberated Borg BOFFs? [neoakiraii]
      doubt they even considered it, they have made it clear that life timers have got what they payed for end of.
    • Will Romulans have a 1,000 day veteran ship? [monsh]
      doubt it, as above.
    • Will new traits be available for Romulan characters? [srafaorasp]
      I should guess so, considering they are new.
    • How will the Romulan Reputation system work if you are already Romulan? [scififan78]
      probably just the same.
    • Will there be a Romulan equivalent to the Odyssey/Bortasq'u and the Ambassador/Kamarag, and will we get them the same way? [scififan78]
      nope, another oversight.
    • Doffs, especially ultra rare ones? Will there be a third doff faction as well. [havam]
      what do you mean third doff faction? reman and romulan doffs? of course...do you not know how the c-store works? :rolleyes:
    • What will be the Romulans special Doff category (like Diplomacy and Marauding for the other factions)? [qjunior]
      doubt they will get a "special" on all to themselves but as a whole who knows, we are talking about the new romulans afterall not the old school so to speak
    • PvP queues 3way pvp, mixed, what's it going to be? [havam]
      pvp being as broken as it is (my opinion don't care to argue with anyone who think's it's balanced) i don't see 3 way working all that well. possible of just added ques for who/what you want to do like there is already for fed v fed and fed v klink.
    • How will Romulan cloaks differ from Klingons?[ne oakiraii]
      I doubt it will as why would they waste time when they can cut and paste an already working cloak?
    • The Romulan FE "frozen" awards a choice of two Romulan weapons, will this be changed for Romulan faction characters since they already have access (presumably) to "Romulan weapons"? [daytonamax]
      I highly doubt they have gone back and re-worked anything we already have to accommodate new factions. it will all be a "new or tough luck" attitude is my guess
    • Will we be able to port over or transfer our Fed/KDF alien-built "Romulans" to the Romulan faction? [pyryck]
      that would be amazing, but doubt it.
    • Will the ROM Dailies like Minefield, SB24 etc feature this alien race? [drkfrontiers]
      *shrug*
    • How will the ROM factions native weapon choice i.e. plasma be different to the many reputation + store variants already to be unique? [drkfrontiers]
      I doubt there will be a difference to the actual "plasma" but they will get new/recycled procs/features.
    • Will we get a free Romulan character slot? [highcasualtyrate]
      only makes sense...but I doubt it.

So what else do we think should be considered?

The only thing to consider is, how much ?$?$? they can get from recycled material, and new lockboxes.

I'm not being harsh I actually wanna play romulans, but this is how it's going down. :cool:
    [SIGPIC] Element CKY Electric [/SIGPIC]
    "similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »
    And if the Romulans get a Federation or Klingon Rep, would everyone else get it too?

And are Romulans going to send ships to Gamma Orionis to join the Omega Force?

And I'm gonna love to see the new rewrites for things like Mine Enemy. Will the miners be angry? Or will it be a "we have not been forgotten" kind of thing?

Just speculation, but given that the RR navy is new, the rep system actually still makes sense for Rom players, as they would need to gain rank and reputation to get access to the best gear that the navy has - which is in limited supply due to the newness of the facilities and limited resources of the new government. There are a lot of captains in Star Fleet (canon-wise), but not all of them have the reputation to get command of a top-of-the-line ship, some of them command Mirandas and Novas, some of them Galaxy and Sovereigns.
  • Options
    pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nabuboria wrote: »
      <snipped>

<puts in a request for nabuboria to have a name change to "DOUBTINGnabuboria"> ;)

Oh, and the combined list of questions is intended to be a central point where the community can get those addressed by someone with actual real knowledge of the coming Expansion. :)
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    akurie666 wrote: »
    So we are given a timer and when it expires we are given a 60 day wait... I understand that the game is now complete and I should be happy. But, I should not be awake this early...

Then go to sleep, we all pretty much knew it was going to be information, being that March is not May.;)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    antman9173antman9173 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What's going to happen to New Romulus? Is the zone going to change? Are Fed and Klink players going to be unable to go there because it has become the new Rom starter world?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    pyryck wrote: »
    <puts in a request for nabuboria to have a name change to "DOUBTINGnabuboria"> ;)

Oh, and the combined list of questions is intended to be a central point where the community can get those addressed by someone with actual real knowledge of the coming Expansion. :)

I figured, I also forgot that showing an opinion or speculating on STO forums is against the law (no change from pre-beta I see)

my mistake. I've been here long enough to know how the STO business model works though, don't be fooled by the FORCED date i have accompanying this account, I have been here the whole time as many have.

people just like to have delusions, which is fine it's a good past time from daily life but as I already said I actually want to play romulans just I'm under no illusion as to what we will get past, present or future regarding that list.

Just so we are clear I HOPE they have gone back over everything and added what needs to be added for an addition to the factions, such as any C-store purchases, clothing is a good example but I don't see it happening when there is profit to be had. (i know I wouldn't if it was my business)

I hope that I am wrong, and that some of the solid questions brought up here have been examined and thought out by the devs/team.

Just know they are under pressure to get this stuff out for maximum profit, they are not are friends. it's a business after all.

We all like/love STO, otherwise we wouldn't be here. that doesn't mean we have to agree with the way it is run or does it? lol
    "similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    According to whom?

the 1000 day cutoff? the fact you now get all rewards regardless of days active?

That's pretty clear to me, unless something has been said otherwise?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    the 1000 day cutoff? the fact you now get all rewards regardless of days active?

That's pretty clear to me, unless something has been said otherwise?

that doesnt mean they wont add features to existing perks with the release of a new faction. Liberated borg could easily add romulan or reman to the list, especially since they are overhauling the ENTIRE character creator they could quiet easily make it so any Species can become liberated borg if they want.

The ship on the other hand, i'll agree they might not have one at start, but whos to say they wont add one to even the field since both KDF and Feds get it.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Wow, you have some seriously pessimistic and negative responses there. Did someone pee in your cereal this morning? Because most of us are pretty upbeat about this.

Let me give some feedback of my own to some of the answers.
    • Will Romulans get Lifetime Subscriber Liberated Borg BOFFs? [neoakiraii]
      doubt they even considered it, they have made it clear that life timers have got what they payed for end of.
      This is untrue. They already announced a new vet reward would be coming in May
    • Will Romulans have a 1,000 day veteran ship? [monsh]
      doubt it, as above.
      This is actually the most likely thing to be the reward from above.
    • How will the Romulan Reputation system work if you are already Romulan? [scififan78]
      probably just the same.
      That much is likely true
    • Will there be a Romulan equivalent to the Odyssey/Bortasq'u and the Ambassador/Kamarag, and will we get them the same way? [scififan78]
      There almost certainly can, and probably will be a C-Store Flagship to match the other two, and I am betting they already built a T3 Romulan ship reward into the anniversary mission when they designed it - it was like a month ago, while they were actively working on the Rom faction. How obtuse do you think they are?[COLOR]

• How will Romulan cloaks differ from Klingons?[ne oakiraii]
      I agree this is pretty likely going to be a cut/paste, but the ships themselves will likely have a high stealth mod on them to make the cloak much more effective. I do have some hope that there will be an improved cloak mechanic for them, though.

• The Romulan FE "frozen" awards a choice of two Romulan weapons, will this be changed for Romulan faction characters since they already have access (presumably) to "Romulan weapons"? [daytonamax]
      I highly doubt they have gone back and re-worked anything we already have to accommodate new factions. it will all be a "new or tough luck" attitude is my guess
      Better guess, and part of a recurring theme in these questions. Why would Romulans get special weapons by default for being Romulan? Feds don't get special phasers, KDF don't get special Disr's. Yes, their default weapons will be plasma pistols, but they won't be special plasma pistols.
    • Will we be able to port over or transfer our Fed/KDF alien-built "Romulans" to the Romulan faction? [pyryck]
      that would be amazing, but doubt it.
      Of all the questions on the list, this one is by far the least likely to be "yes". So many reasons why it would be not likely, I am not even going to start on it.
    • How will the ROM factions native weapon choice i.e. plasma be different to the many reputation + store variants already to be unique? [drkfrontiers]
      I doubt there will be a difference to the actual "plasma" but they will get new/recycled procs/features.
      This once again goes back to the above. Why would the Romulans get special plasma ship weapons? The Feds and KDF don't. There's no reason to think that the default weapons on Rom ships will be anything other than standard plasma beams/cannons/torps, just like the other two factions. If you want special plasma, you will need to grind the rep tree just like the other races.
    • Will we get a free Romulan character slot? [highcasualtyrate]
      only makes sense...but I doubt it.
      This is going to depend on how this expansion is sold. If it's $50, it will probably come with a couple character slots. If it's free, probably not.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    tenkari wrote: »
    that doesnt mean they wont add features to existing perks with the release of a new faction. Liberated borg could easily add romulan or reman to the list, especially since they are overhauling the ENTIRE character creator they could quiet easily make it so any Species can become liberated borg if they want.

The ship on the other hand, i'll agree they might not have one at start, but whos to say they wont add one to even the field since both KDF and Feds get it.

:) yup could be! Liberated -insert race- would be awesome.

Let's hope eh? would be nice. I'm just stating my opinion and by no means would I expect anyone to agree/disagree just putting it out there as something else to think about.

I truely hope I am wrong on all accounts of cryptic having done this properly, going back through everything and the likes. It would be a nice change and a welcomed one at that.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Wow, you have some seriously pessimistic and negative responses there. Did someone pee in your cereal this morning? Because most of us are pretty upbeat about this.

Let me give some feedback of my own to some of the answers.

When it comes to STO pessimism and negativity go hand in hand, I love the game but why does that mean I have to agree with every action that cryptic do?

isn't it pessimistic to be so cut-throat about someones opinions :confused: geez.

I LOVE THE GAME and want only good things for it, but I'm allowed my opinion I'm not asking anyone to jump on a bandwagon :D

I am upbeat about the additions, but I'm cautious about what we will get in terms of retroactive items/perks and such.

See, you even corrected me on the first point, and I'm GLAD! can I ask where you have seen this from an official source?
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    New question as I look over the image showcasing the UI changes.

The UI displays the Romulan ship's faction designation as "R.R.W." instead of the I.R.W. Imperial Romulan Warbirds use. What does the first R stand for? Rebel? Royal? Rumpelstiltskin?
  • Options
    edited March 2013

The UI displays the Romulan ship's faction designation as "R.R.W." instead of the I.R.W. Imperial Romulan Warbirds use. What does the first R stand for? Rebel? Royal? Rumpelstiltskin?

Read the Teaser site closely.

Romulan Republic Warbird.

Edit: ha, sniped 2 other people saying the same thing.... and mostly shorter responses too.
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Romulan Republic Warbird?
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will any of our current c-store account unlocks and tribble test rewards work with the Romulan faction? Such as, pre-order bonuses (like Red Matter Capacitor), Joined Trill Species, Tribble and Doff rewards etc.

What new visual and sound assets can we expect? Any new music? Romulan computer notifications during combat? Romulan equivalent of KHG/MACO Armor from Omega Reputation?

How exactly do you plan on re-introducing existing content to fit the Romulan Faction? I mean, for example, Romulan Reputation system, Feature Episodes, Fleet holdings, Lock Boxes and such.

Any new challenging endgame content...?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Romulan Republic's something or another :P
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    Any new challenging endgame content...?

Didn't even consider endgame! something else to speculate and discuss :)

could get interesting...