Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Toilet and shower
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Why are they working on letting people explore the ships when huge problems already exist with the game. Who is in charge of the priority list... XD?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cura wrote: »
    Toilet and shower

Sorry, not canon. You'll just have to hold it in.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    edited February 2010

*snerk*

/10chars
    sjn wrote:
    Why are they working on letting people explore the ships when huge problems already exist with the game. Who is in charge of the priority list... XD?

Theres more than four people working at Cryptic you know...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    probally not for long :O
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    sjn wrote:

Im 45, and i know, there's nothing left to do now XD
    There is full of bugs to fix (no pbs).

A true system exploration not like now.

And, im not a killer too, but a explorer :D

Engage !
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Foss wrote: »
    The interior of the ships.

- A useful bridge.
    - the captain's cabin.
    - Engine Room.
    - The infirmary.
    - The Astrophysics Lab.
    - The crew quarters.
    - The Kitchen.
    - The break room.
    - Corridors.

With few dynamic random missions :eek:

Cryptic when ? :D

Engage !

The funny thing is that the engine room and medical bay for the Miranda class ships are already in the game. You actually visit those places in the tutorial and in some away missions. So why not just allow the player to visit a copy of those instances with npcs walking about in the rooms?

Now, take a copy of the medical bay, remove the view to the shuttle bay through the windows, and replace the beds with chairs and a bar and you have yourself a "Ten Forward / Galley".

In one mission you visit a Holodeck. Stick a console in and a large version of the Galaxy map and you have an Astrometrics Lab.

Yes, the above are rudimentary suggestions. But they are better than what we have now.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mhhh... i'm in need of an holographic bridge where to try ground weapons and combat tactics with my crew. In my opinion this is not a so difficult thing to implement.

Anyway, something need to be done because the bridge view now is completely USELESS!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tercesix wrote: »
    Mhhh... i'm in need of an holographic bridge where to try ground weapons and combat tactics with my crew. In my opinion this is not a so difficult thing to implement.

Anyway, something need to be done because the bridge view now is completely USELESS!!!

It is, and the real annoyance I have is that 1/3 of the bridge configurations (e.g. the "Standard" one) actually have the view screen out of alignment with the captains chair. The "Defiant style configurations don't though, thankfully.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Click on the link below and read that thread, if you haven't allready, i'm sure you'll enjoy the read. :)

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=119495
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Toilet and shower

AND NO CENSORSHIP! mwhahaha ... kk sorry, just in a good mood atm.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh they'll get there..

right now they're working on finishing the endgame stuff with the borg that they've already announced, as it was already in production as the game went live, then they'll be looking at making new stuff based on player feedback (link to lots of questions answered by devs in my sig)

i think the problem with it right now is allowing for instances to be made, better to have the servers making instances for missions and critical-to-game instances than interiors till they can stablise them more, not to mention re-flavouring them so there's a degree of customisation like the bridges have.

but yeah, they're listening, they know what we want and they're working on getting it in game..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tarka wrote: »
    The funny thing is that the engine room and medical bay for the Miranda class ships are already in the game. You actually visit those places in the tutorial and in some away missions. So why not just allow the player to visit a copy of those instances with npcs walking about in the rooms?

Now, take a copy of the medical bay, remove the view to the shuttle bay through the windows, and replace the beds with chairs and a bar and you have yourself a "Ten Forward / Galley".

In one mission you visit a Holodeck. Stick a console in and a large version of the Galaxy map and you have an Astrometrics Lab.

Yes, the above are rudimentary suggestions. But they are better than what we have now.

A fair question, mostly, as they want the style to fit I imagine. As a sidenote, that wasn't a Miranda class ship you were saving in the tutorial, it was a Sovereign :) [the Khitomer], at least at first. You start off in the mess hall of a Miranda, and goto the bridge of a Miranda, after that, you're on the Khitomer until space :).

And well frankly, it's art resources :).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Im 45, and i know, there's nothing left to do now XD
    There is full of bugs to fix (no pbs).

A true system exploration not like now.

And, im not a killer too, but a explorer :D

Engage !

True exploration?

This game will never please you. Ever. Accept it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think the first and most important location to complete would be the Captain's Ready Room. This would be a location to place/mount merits, awards, souvenirs, etc. that was discussed far before closed beta.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shayde wrote: »
    True exploration?

This game will never please you. Ever. Accept it.

I think what he's referring to is a sense of exploration of uncharted space, such as a sandbox-feel like EVE has, or at least a much less restrictive "genesis system" for handling random star systems in a huge, open-ended area of space. It was talked about long before closed beta. While I for one enjoy STO as it is now, I'd love to see open-ended exploration, especially when it comes to player-controlled fleet stations/space as was mentioned last year and discussed in great detail.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think the first and most important location to complete would be the Captain's Ready Room. This would be a location to place/mount merits, awards, souvenirs, etc. that was discussed far before closed beta.

I love this idea, and it's the first I've heard of it or even thought about it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It can be a good start.

The game can change? evolve?
    An MMO?

I think it's possible
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Alecto wrote: »
    I love this idea, and it's the first I've heard of it or even thought about it.
    It can be a good start.

Thanks. A lot of other community members had some great ideas and discussion in this area last year. Unfortunately those threads have been archived by Cryptic after launch, so it's tough to find them on this site now (but can still be googled with the right keywords such as interior, ship, bridge, mount points, etc.).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It would be fun to have missions take part on the ship as well.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The interior of the ships.

- A useful bridge.
    - the captain's cabin.
    - Engine Room.
    - The infirmary.
    - The Astrophysics Lab.
    - The crew quarters.
    - The Kitchen.
    - The break room.
    - Corridors.

With few dynamic random missions :eek:

Cryptic when ? :D

Engage !

What, no holodeck? Shuttle bay?

Honestly, if we only got two to start: Captain's ready room (that we can design hopefully!) and the main conference room off of the bridge.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Toilet and shower

Do they still use toilets in the future? I don't recall Picard saying to Riker, 'Hold on number one, I'll be right out, I'm just doing a number 2'.

Sorry couldnt resist :o
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'd love some extra rooms inside the ship.

Unfortunately I feel they really need to add some bridges. First off the bridges arent ship specific in any way. Also, there's not really a lot to choose from. And half of them look like TRIBBLE.