Options

Big Thread of Legacy of Romulus Questions

1235»

Comments

• Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nabuboria wrote: »
    2. I hope it's more than just 2,and being as the romulans (republic) don't have much to go on they can't be so picky with who wants to be friends surely...
    I am hoping for a playable nanov race, personally.
  • Options
    nabuborianabuboria Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jaturnley wrote: »
    I am hoping for a playable nanov race, personally.

They look VERY similar to something out of another PWE game, so they already got the skin ready :P
    [SIGPIC] Element CKY Electric [/SIGPIC]
    "similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know its been asked (1000 day ship) but what about previous vet days, will romulans be able to obtain cool rewards at the milestones?
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    captsol wrote: »
    When's beta start? Surely something like this needs at least two months of hard testing.

HAH! Yeah, right :P

Expect it to go on Tribble at most 2 weeks before launch, with lots of stuff locked away so it doesn't spoil the surprise - then the Dev team can run around like headless chickens in panic mode after it goes live trying to plug the leaks before the servers crash and burn.

It's the highlight of any new season launch for me, I love it.

Keep the questions coming, some really great ones in here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    topset wrote: »
    HAH! Yeah, right :P

Expect it to go on Tribble at most 2 weeks before launch, with lots of stuff locked away so it doesn't spoil the surprise - then the Dev team can run around like headless chickens in panic mode after it goes live trying to plug the leaks before the servers crash and burn.

It's the highlight of any new season launch for me, I love it.

Keep the questions coming, some really great ones in here!

:P to true, sadly.

I wouldn't mind "spoiling" stuff for myself just to make sure it all works, the only thing worse than a broken game (or part of) is nerfs.
    "similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nabuboria wrote: »
    :P to true, sadly.

I wouldn't mind "spoiling" stuff for myself just to make sure it all works, the only thing worse than a broken game (or part of) is nerfs.

Not entirely sure I agree - nerfs are sometimes necessary for balance. I think if anything nerfs are a symptom of not enough beta testing! If everything was thoroughly tested before release and the balance was gotten right, there would be no need to nerf anything!

Nerfing often FIXES a broken game!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    topset wrote: »
    Not entirely sure I agree - nerfs are sometimes necessary for balance. I think if anything nerfs are a symptom of not enough beta testing! If everything was thoroughly tested before release and the balance was gotten right, there would be no need to nerf anything!

Nerfing often FIXES a broken game!

Maybe if it was competition based, and parting the PVP element (don't get me started :P)

Most of the nerfs this game has gotten have been to PVE, meaning less fun for me and others, but not everyone...

Back to my "you can't please everyone all the time" unless they cry and cry and cry for change :D

I do agree though that sometimes, in a blue moon when a cow does a backflip 540 judo flip, that nerfs do help....sometimes :cool:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    DBL post sorry.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2013
    jaturnley wrote: »
    I am betting that the Rom uniforms seen on the Captain's Table are the Veteran unis. There are two variants, one with more thingamabobs hanging off it than the other, similar to how the KDF vet unis work. They look pretty damned awesome, I will enjoy watching my toon walk around in one.

Do you have an image? Some of us don't have the Captain's Table:(
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Will there be a Romulan equivalent to the Odyssey/Bortasq'u and the Ambassador/Kamarag, and will we get them the same way?

The Scimitar seems to be a good candidate for Romtasqu ship.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »

I think the Scimitar would work better as a dreadnaught carrier.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »

They are already two different hull costumes ingame, plus one that matches the Nemesis version, any you got a 3 pack.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Here's a question, and something to bring this back to the first page!

Will the new Romulan faction fleets be provided with any means for "catching up" on the progression of fleet starbases?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    pyryck wrote: »
    Here's a question, and something to bring this back to the first page!

Will the new Romulan faction fleets be provided with any means for "catching up" on the progression of fleet starbases?

You really think that would ever happen?

Seriously think about it...

The revenue loss from this alone would of had the idea shot down, if anyone at cryptic should of suggested it.
  • Options
    ptexaporteptexaporte Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    there is no option to create a romulan character. it appears i'm still only allowed 2 slots. does this mean i have to either delete one or buy more slots? i wanna play too :cool:
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ptexaporte wrote: »
    there is no option to create a romulan character. it appears i'm still only allowed 2 slots. does this mean i have to either delete one or buy more slots? i wanna play too :cool:

How did you expect to create a Romulan character when the expansion isn't released?
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    cairellacairella Member Posts: 0
    edited April 2013
    Will there be an option for romulan joined trill captains for those of us who have already paid to unlock them? :)
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Would be nice to have a Joined Trill as after all the symbiotes are long lived and have gone through many eras where alliances were made and reneged upon. Additionally it shouldnt be too awkward to do unless the model uniforms cause issues on the trills model.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles