What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Holodeck Disconnect Issues [Resolved]

Comments

• Options
    xdotsxxdotsx Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My thanks go to Trendy for going into the office during the weekend to help resolve the current difficulties! :cool:

It surely is a good way to earn a few extra $
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is not your issue, it is the Network, there's not enough bandwidth going around.
    We're looking into the connection issues that some Captains are facing. We apologize any turbulence you might be happening during your warp.

I'm currently in discussion with the team in regards to the instabilities and will let you know once we have learned of a solution to the matter.

Update ~2307UTC:
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    chipg7 wrote: »
    While there are places in the forums to troll about your problems with the game, there are no places to insult the team members at Cryptic. Keep it classy, please.

Far from trolling nor insulting the devs, but it's the harsh reality. If you can't live in that reality, you should better log off. It's generally know when someone takes over a software package, whether it's a game or not, that it is difficult to build further upon it. Each dev puts something of him/herself in it. Instead of adding stuff upon that layer that has been created, and continue to develop more bugs (something no one wants, even the devs) it's best to pull it down (let it run as it is at the moment) and rebuild the game aside upon a better/modern engine by the current devs in a code that is their own.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A quick survey of our german fleet members currently online has revealed that everyone with Deutsche Telekom as ISP (and resellers using the same infrastructure) cannot establish a stable connection to the STO servers. Our guys with other ISP's do not experience issues.

Doesn't mean it's only Telekom customers affected.
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Basically someone forgot to pay the internet bill along the route... turns out ALL internet traffic was routed through one house in Gonahastat, Mississippi. Cryptic is negotiating with the little old lady now but it doesn't look good as she spent her Social Security on cat food this month.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just did Mirror Invasion on Normal... got booted when we closed all the rifts... got back boss dead and mission over... no rewards. exited and I am on a 30 min cool down... wtf. if it didnt register that I got the "reward" or marks or anything I should not be on cool down.

2nd time now... previously I was booted while in MI and got back in outside of the instance... had to start over from scratch.
  • Options
    elann76309elann76309 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thank you. Now if you could at least make it play through one mission! I have been restarted on one mission at least 5 times. I am now giving up for the day!
  • Options
    shuraivanovnashuraivanovna Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Since there's a new thread I had to repost this:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by casbyness
    It's working! The players are being forced back to their own. Universe!

Sadly, I don't think I can quote it properly as it's in the old one.

Think that comment won the internet.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,530 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just did Mirror Invasion on Normal... got booted when we closed all the rifts... got back boss dead and mission over... no rewards. exited and I am on a 30 min cool down... wtf. if it didnt register that I got the "reward" or marks or anything I should not be on cool down.

2nd time now... previously I was booted while in MI and got back in outside of the instance... had to start over from scratch.

This has happened to me twice this afternoon. I give up for the day! :(
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    oosgearoo007oosgearoo007 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ilhansk wrote: »
    A quick survey of our german fleet members currently online has revealed that everyone with Deutsche Telekom as ISP (and resellers using the same infrastructure) cannot establish a stable connection to the STO servers. Our guys with other ISP's do not experience issues.

Doesn't mean it's only Telekom customers affected.
    Iam in the uk on BT
    firstly I did hardly have a problem but now I cant stay logged in.

I appreate Laughing and the team, and the fact theve identified the problem.

But now are we going to be here for min/hr/days any word wendy!!??:) plz
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014

Maybe just wait until it's fixed? Crazy idea I know, but what you're doing is tantamount to willingly running into a house which is falling down and then complaining that a beam fell on your head.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    You guys need to increase the tolerance for disconnects to allow reestablishing the connection to the game server... in other MMOs even if I am in lag and stuck for like 10 seconds with no data being transmitted or recieved... it does NOT boot me to log back in.

once the lag spike is over I can keep playing... sure a screen of text flies by the chat box... but no disconnects or requiring me to log back in.
  • Options
    stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Somehow I don't think that posting what Broadband network ur using is goner help. maybe u should judt get them all LMAO.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Maybe just wait until it's fixed? Crazy idea I know, but what you're doing is tantamount to willingly running into a house which is falling down and then complaining that a beam fell on your head.

event is timed and limited days... not like folks can play 24 7 or on every day the event is going on... if they would allow me to farm the drop in 1 day, all 14 then I wouldnt need to do this TRIBBLE... they could always limit the big bonus once right?

edit: or better still... allow me to do the event ONCE and get the big bonus reward and I am willing to be locked out of the event que for the duration of the event. If they offered that option... I am willing to be a number of folks would bite and not feel any regret about not being able to farm it on a daily basis.
  • Options
    rectiirectii Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dharkman wrote: »
    Hello all,

You seem to have missed that if it was a connection, or a hop or routing issue there is one question no one has asked yet...

... This is a world game, with two servers and many people on different continets. So, the trace route is simply doing you no good as there are players from around the world who are having the same issue along with STO Dev stating there is an existing issue with BOTH servers.

So... stop doing usless things and simply know that STO is broken. wait... i mean really brokem... for those of you who didnt understand... it simply means its really, honestly, for reale broken.

So... simply find something else to do unless your life revolved around sto... and if that is the case.. i am so very sorry for you.

Have fun... and again... i am still playing... how about you? :P

and again.....YES, it is a connection issue. There are 2 servers, but they create a single game 'world'...which means they must synchronize in order to operate that 'world' at all. If one of those servers can't connect with the other one, they can't sync up, which the one that can connect will boot, because the other is down.

Connection issue.....plain and simple.
    The Game itself is nothing. The playing of it...? Everything !!
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey Trendy, you are not on the dev tracker like Smirk is. Maybe you and Adamanteus could get yourselves added to make your posts easier to spot?

BTW, thanks for the update.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Since there's a new thread I had to repost this:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by casbyness
    It's working! The players are being forced back to their own. Universe!

Sadly, I don't think I can quote it properly as it's in the old one.

Think that comment won the internet.

lol that's great, the mirror universe strikes back:D
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • Options
    karriqkarriq Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    after i sent a message to chat "This is sparta!!!" 5 of my friends got DC XD.
  • Options
    hyperfoxhyperfox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    shore they will fix it they will lose money ather wise :confused:
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    Hey Trendy, you are not on the dev tracker like Smirk is. Maybe you and Adamanteus could get yourselves added to make your posts easier to spot?

BTW, thanks for the update.
    Not sure what type of voodoo has taken me off the dev tracker. I'll look into that after this immediate issue is figured out. :)
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not sure what type of voodoo has taken me off the dev tracker. I'll look into that after this immediate issue is figured out. :)

Voodoo practice confirmed at Cryptic and PWE.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    airborne2506airborne2506 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    For your listening pleasure while we wait for the server to be fixed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNfYz6Yw0W8 :D
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yay got in long enough to collect some doff assignments and rep projects.
  • Options
    darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rectii wrote: »
    nooo...and yes. The trace routes tell the story....it's not the Server.....it's the fiber T interface the server has with the ISP. And you can bet they are on the horn to (prolly AT&T, or maybe Verizon) the ISP issuing dire threats...
    (please note that the exasperated guy you banned twice for being a ******* is actually the voice of reason here, pwlaughingtrendy ;)

ya i understand buddy, but i had a server myself years ago, and the server was and the internet ok, ports was open. and i did full system restart including the modem, sometimes it fixes it sometimes not :)

just giving ideas
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • Options
    casanova11casanova11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Dont know if this helps but I cleared all my doff missions and have not disconnected since then.
  • Options
    aean89aean89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Picked a bad day to return :P
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    casanova11 wrote: »
    Dont know if this helps but I cleared all my doff missions and have not disconnected since then.
    The issues seem to be localized packet loss for different games as well. I know my team has been feverishly looking into it since around 11 AM PDT.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The issues seem to be localized packet loss for different games as well. I know my team has been feverishly looking into it since around 11 AM PDT.

Fever confirmed at PWE and Cryptic. Combined with recent reports of Voodoo practice this can mean only one thing.

Ebola.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    event is timed and limited days... not like folks can play 24 7 or on every day the event is going on... if they would allow me to farm the drop in 1 day, all 14 then I wouldnt need to do this TRIBBLE... they could always limit the big bonus once right?

edit: or better still... allow me to do the event ONCE and get the big bonus reward and I am willing to be locked out of the event que for the duration of the event. If they offered that option... I am willing to be a number of folks would bite and not feel any regret about not being able to farm it on a daily basis.

I still don't think a few hours would put you over the ability to complete it in the next 12 days of the event. But still, if you want to keep banging your head against the wall that's your choice. I left the game after the first three kicks because it was clear there wasn't much point.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
This discussion has been closed.