What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Holodeck Disconnect Issues [Resolved]

Comments

• Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We're looking into the connection issues that some Captains are facing. We apologize any turbulence you might be happening during your warp.

I'm currently in discussion with the team in regards to the instabilities and will let you know once we have learned of a solution to the matter.

Oh perfect, thank you :)
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm actually enjoying it...logging in over and over again every minute gives me something to do while waiting on all the "Finishing"... ahem. ;)
  • Options
    reinawattreinawatt Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I hope the problem can be fixed, it's really annoying. Can't click on anything without a sudden disconnection, trying to do the Mirror Invasion with one character was painful, you couldn't do much of anything without disconnecting. Trying to even play it with any other character is impossible due to the constant disconnecting.

Maybe it might be best to extend the Mirror Invasion event by another week or two, plus extend any other events, so that people can catch up due to the connection issues.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We're looking into the connection issues that some Captains are facing. We apologize any turbulence you might be happening during your warp.

I'm currently in discussion with the team in regards to the instabilities and will let you know once we have learned of a solution to the matter.

It only took 63 pages for a answer:rolleyes:
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    reinawatt wrote: »

Maybe it might be best to extend the Mirror Invasion event by another week or two, plus extend any other events, so that people can catch up due to the connection issues.

Definitely!
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm actually enjoying it...logging in over and over again every minute gives me something to do while waiting on all the "Finishing"... ahem. ;)

It's a game within a game! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Trendy doesn't show in DevStalker anymore...er...DevTracker. Somebody refreshing that looking for news of what's going on might not have seen this thread...

Lol, then again - with the number of threads folks keep creating, they tend not to see what's right there in front of them as they create additional threads....

Nope she doesn't lol. I'll e-mail the team to make sure it gets fixed next week!
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    shatteredheartandsoulshatteredheartandsoul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This has been a known issue with pwe's east coast data center for years!

No need to "look into it" when the problem is glairing at you with glowing green eyes.

Pull the covers down off your heads and fix it already.
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    snoge00f wrote: »
    It's a game within a game! ;)

Inside out, is outside in.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Trendy won't tell anyone the real reason because it is due to them not putting in the Fleet Admiral pips for FED's and taking away the bacon :D
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    delftnl wrote: »
    Tray's & load outs issues. Rock and Roll issues graphic issues. This game has become one GIANT bug...

OMG. Delta Falling...

There are plenty of other doom threads out there for you to complain in. Have your fun in there! ;)

But in reality, it's a game, which is a mess of code. Whenever there is a big update with any software product, there are always launch issues. The length of the recent patch notes only goes to show how hard the team is working at bug fixes and post-launch adjustments - and doing a good job at it.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Nope she doesn't lol. I'll e-mail the team to make sure it gets fixed next week!

Thanks, Askray. That'd be handy, I was one of those people who checked the dev tracker to see if anybody had mentioned the server troubles and of course this thread didn't show up haha. Luckily I had the smarts to come check the News board before running off and starting the hundredth new thread for you guys to have to deal with.

Edit: Whilst you're at it, could you ask if they can add Q to the tracker too? When that account is used it doesn't show up in the Dev Tracker either.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    rudiefix1rudiefix1 Member Posts: 420
    edited November 2014
    When you fix this issue make sure to also fix my "regular" disconnects which are happening since a few months
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@rudiefix Feds: Rudiefix / Thron / Opa
    @rudiefix KDFs: Lill / Xifeidur / Dehr / Ugly
    @rudiefix Roms (KDF alligned): Chicita
  • Options
    trixsterjltrixsterjl Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    take out the work Holodeck and you are gtg
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Inside out, is outside in.

Oh no... Noooo. Now I can't get that stupid song out of my head :(:o
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well while the game was down I started laundry, took out the trash and made nacho-pizza. Guess I'll log into Facebook and make fun of my family some more while I catch up on ironing.

******N IT GET THIS FIXED REAL LIFE IS HARSHING MY MOJO :mad:

:D
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    szim wrote: »

OMG! I haven't heard that song in over a decade, and I haven't missed it. Why have you just gone and got it stuck in my head again!!!! :P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    themarie wrote: »
    HORRAY! Finally an official answer. I will dial my rage back 11.9%. :)

You have twelve percent of a rage?!
  • Options
    brokenbongbrokenbong Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    More information will be nice
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    casbyness wrote: »
    You have twelve percent of a rage?!

No I am 11.9% less rage.

I am always the rage. That's why they medicate me.
  • Options
    midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "The team has identified the packet loss affecting our servers and are looking into solutions for it. We'll update you as we get more info"

https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/531221214283300865
  • Options
    mintyfresh05mintyfresh05 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Im not being funny, a MMO that is up 24/7, its only means of income being the players, and the majority playing on the weekend, and no one in to fix the problem come on. There must be a team in over the weekend. There no other business would not have all the staff they need to fix a problem over their peak periods. Hello walmart im here to do some food shopping on a Saturday....hang on no ones there, oh, better do my shopping whilst im at work somehow lol
  • Options
    dharkmandharkman Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey all,

I don't know what your guys are talking about... I have been playing all day without any connections. Must either be your rigs, isp or simply your rig is simply stupid.

Good luck with your downtime as I am having a blast.

Laterz,

He who is able to play :P
  • Options
    steven74205steven74205 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Please fix this. If STO doesn't work, I have to talk to my missus. And she wants to talk about Nail Art...

Help Me, Cryptic; you're my only hope.
  • Options
    darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    szim wrote: »

i love that song :)
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • Options
    shinra84shinra84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh, c'mon, we wait few hours to get official info... and still we dont know how much time they need to fix it... Where is your professionalism guys?

Next time configure server/forum to alert you by sms. For example with forum topic or code... (+30 threads or too much activity on server)...

This give u time to 1 official info, then we just come back later...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CLR—Infected Space[2:24]—Dmg(DPS)—Bi'Quarpa@9.163.310(65.437)—Xindi-E(dbb/mk.xiv)—build
    CLR—Infected Space[2:06]—Dmg(DPS)—Bi'Quarpa@6.421.868(52.210)—JHAS(dhc/mk.xiv)—build
  • Options
    garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    chipg7 wrote: »
    It's pretty clear that there are server connectivity issues. That doesn't need an 'official statement' from the team. They'd just be telling us what we already know.

I'm sure once the team is closer to a solution, we'll either a) be told what caused the problem, or b) if it was just a technical glitch, then we'll just be given the green light.

Yes it does, so people know that it's being looked at, like the reply we just got from Trendy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    darkdazmad wrote: »
    i love that song :)

:eek: It's like an ongoing chalkboard screech. ;)
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Please fix this. If STO doesn't work, I have to talk to my missus. And she wants to talk about Nail Art...

Help Me, Cryptic; you're my only hope.
    Well, I appreciate this. It definitely gave me a laugh.

The team has in fact identified the packet loss that is affecting the connection problems everyone has been facing. We're trying to localize the problem and then come up with a solution. I'll let you know more immediately as I find out more from the dev and server team.
This discussion has been closed.