What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Holodeck Disconnect Issues [Resolved]

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well I was only booted once in about the last couple of hours that I was on. My son in law and I teamed and went into MI and got through the whole thing and then I did a stress reliever on Nukara Prime and took out some of the past frustration on the Tholian Ensigns and picked up a few marks in the process ;)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    buddyonetwothreebuddyonetwothree Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    d>24 hrs of disconnects, isconnects continue all toons all sectors - hope to see you Sunday night :)
    Thans for working on this.
    Cheers
    BTN
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    themarie wrote: »
    HORRAY! Finally an official answer. I will dial my rage back 11.9%. :)

Maybe.... You have no idea how many STFs and events I've been dropped form 90% of the way through only to get back in game and get nothing and worse have the damn timer on cool down for insult to injury! I've submitted so many tickets but none of them ever get a response.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    so ive just woken up 7am and it hasnt been solved yet, huh?

guess that means i wont be hitting level 60 yet. but thats fine, suppose i can play swtor, i have been flagged behind on that for a few days now but havent had the chance until now.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I haven't had any issues for several hours...

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Now this is quite infuriating.....I try Mirror Universe once.

Get disconnected. Log back in. STO crashes. Log back in again. Get shown end of match screen. Exit and wait for cooldown.

Try Mirror again. Get through mission, albeit with lagspikes. Bring dreadnought down to 50% - then get disconnected. Log back in just in time for end of match screen, but with no rewards.

I give up. It's bad enough that Mirror has a hard-timegate. But getting screwed out of my rewards twice over? Bah.
  • Options
    shadowdragonredshadowdragonred Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Come on guys, every time theirs an issue they extend the events. i don't see why they wont extend mirror universe another week. they won't leave us hanging
  • Options
    wyldremix2283wyldremix2283 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I thought the issues were resolved yesterday... twice in the same mirror event disconnected and this second time I finally get logged in to see that everything is complete and I get NO rewards.
  • Options
    azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Come on guys, every time theirs an issue they extend the events. i don't see why they wont extend mirror universe another week. they won't leave us hanging

Yeah ... Keep telling yourself that and it just might happen.

The sad fact is that this company could care less about its player base, as long as the whales keep buying Zen and pumping it into the Dil Exchange and buying keys on the ZStore to open the lockboxes that they spend time creating, rather than on actually fixing the screwed up portions of code.

Cryptic extend an event like Mirror Universe? I'll expect that right about the same time that they actually make NEW content for the Klingon faction, rather than just slapping a klingon symbol on Fed content and calling it good...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    scurry5 wrote: »
    Now this is quite infuriating.....I try Mirror Universe once.

Get disconnected. Log back in. STO crashes. Log back in again. Get shown end of match screen. Exit and wait for cooldown.

Try Mirror again. Get through mission, albeit with lagspikes. Bring dreadnought down to 50% - then get disconnected. Log back in just in time for end of match screen, but with no rewards.

I give up. It's bad enough that Mirror has a hard-timegate. But getting screwed out of my rewards twice over? Bah.

The timegate on MI is quite doable if the team works like a team. I've been in a lot of them where we've flown around with up to two minutes with nothing to do before the anti-tachyon pulse.

That said, after they announced the fix I only got kicked once when playing last night and none since I started this morning, and I've run MI four times already on four different toons.

Whatever they did, it worked, for the most part.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    And I'd like to thank the people who fixed it, and Trendy for weathering the outrage and whining.

I admit I was infuriated when I kept getting kicked yesterday just trying to do the DOFF event, which told me not to try any STFs. Once I finally finished those I shut it down till the fix was announced. Managed to do a MI late last night pairing with my son in law so we could get our trinkets at least on those toons. I was still leery of taking anyone else in there, so the rest just lost a day, but bar any more outages, they can afford to lose a day, even the ones I started a few days late when I decided to give all nine of them a go.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nbsjd wrote: »
    And you're doing a thankless job and catch the grief of an irked playerbase. for that you have my thanks.

Right now my opinion of Cryptic and pwe isn't very good. But i'm trying to do more than lurk on the forums. If i see something i feel is b/s i'm gonna speak up. I'm also gonna speak up when something is done right.

more a pointless job that has no actual usefulness while adding needless snide editorial comments
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    azerdraco wrote: »
    Yeah ... Keep telling yourself that and it just might happen.

The sad fact is that this company could care less about its player base, as long as the whales keep buying Zen and pumping it into the Dil Exchange and buying keys on the ZStore to open the lockboxes that they spend time creating, rather than on actually fixing the screwed up portions of code.

Cryptic extend an event like Mirror Universe? I'll expect that right about the same time that they actually make NEW content for the Klingon faction, rather than just slapping a klingon symbol on Fed content and calling it good...

I completely agree !
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    echatty wrote: »
    The timegate on MI is quite doable if the team works like a team. I've been in a lot of them where we've flown around with up to two minutes with nothing to do before the anti-tachyon pulse.

I think his point was more that, it shouldn't force you to sit there for several minutes doing nothing if you've closed all the rifts and got to tier five in under the 15 minute timer.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Wahhhhhhh!!!! Dropped six more times today. I finally gave up and stopped playing... :mad:
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I think his point was more that, it shouldn't force you to sit there for several minutes doing nothing if you've closed all the rifts and got to tier five in under the 15 minute timer.
    I've also been in many, many teams where they needed extra time. In fact, one of mine today the station went offline three times before they activated the anti-tachyon pulse.

I was too busy trying not to blow up to notice if there were AFKers, but I wouldn't have been surprised.

Frankly, I prefer flying around for a minute or two to catch my breath after the initial barrage ;)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I've also been in many, many teams where they needed extra time. In fact, one of mine today the station went offline three times before they activated the anti-tachyon pulse.

I was too busy trying not to blow up to notice if there were AFKers, but I wouldn't have been surprised.

Oh yeah, not disagreeing with that. But what he was saying (and I agree with) is that it shouldn't be a fixed 15 minute timer, like if a team can do it faster then they should be able to progress to the boss fight instead of having to wait around doing nothing.

I had a run earlier which took the full time and wasn't a good run at all, we lost the station, only made it to tier 4 on the defences and we didn't destroy the dreadnought inside the bonus timer either. The worst run so far haha. Though it was a team of 4 people, and one of them decided to cloak and do nothing after the first few minutes because he started complaining that the rest of the team were not closing the rifts (which to be fair, I can't speak for the other two guys but I was pinned between five rifts in my cruiser and spent the entire rest of the match just taking out ships and was unable to close any more than the 4 rifts I'd closed before that happened because I didn't have more than half a second where I wasn't being shot at). The guy who cloaked and sat out the rest of the match didn't even get involved with the dreadnought fight at the end and instead got one of his friends (I assume his friend as the player wasn't in the match with us) to start sending me abusive tells as I'd already set him to ignore.

Good times all round haha.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    zimbilimbimzimbilimbim Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All get still dissconnects and laggs since yesterday. Its more even worst if you are in mirror event or story mission.
    Sto is the only game i know that have very often problems with their servers. This is embarrissing for you.
    What about a short info in the game? "Hey Players, we have problems with the servers, we working on it" would be awesome customer-friendly and you wouldn't have so many hate post on the forum.

Sry for my bad english.

PLz fix this Problem.

best regards Zimbilimbim
  • Options
    allenscottallenscott Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is this issue 100% solved? Just curious as I am still having lots of trouble getting or staying connected. Lots of timeouts on login, 'Server Not Responding' and sudden disconnects if I am successful in actually logging in.

I would blame my ISP (like I normally do and for good reason lol) but today STO/Neverwinter seem to be the only internet dependant activities I'm having these troubles with. This weekend in general has been pretty bad actually.
  • Options
    kamipulukamipulu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am still having a lot of problems in gameplay today
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited November 2014

That said, after they announced the fix I only got kicked once when playing last night and none since I started this morning, and I've run MI four times already on four different toons.

Whatever they did, it worked, for the most part.

I'm not complaining about the timegate being too short. I'm complaining about it being too long. It was especially irksome to have to wait there doing nothing just for an in-game timer to count down, and then having wasted all that time just because I get disconnected.
  • Options
    buddyonetwothreebuddyonetwothree Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    5 disconnects in 5 mins. all other websites/games WNL - however noted your Forums are very draggy as well . Goodluck and I look forward to the gameplay I enjoyed earlier today - so close :)
  • Options
    martinzoobyvallimartinzoobyvalli Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hello all, i still have this problem, and i dont know what to do. Resolved? i dont think so. Options?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I still have the issue as well. It makes it very hard to do the event and STFs are impossible!
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Resolved my TRIBBLE! I'm getting spammed by server disconnects and 'Server Not Respoding'.

Though I'm usually permitted 1 game of MI before it goes to hell.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    cptniteusercptniteuser Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same prob even after patching lots of random disconnects, no disconnects on other inet connected programs just sto. However when using a vpn I never get disconnected. Leads me to think Its sto servers port 80 overcrowding thats 2 slow for people that use firewalls (like most everyone).

Thats my 2 cents neways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Forget my last post, I go for 5 seconds today without a disconnect. Got up to 10 disconnects in 5 minutes.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    cptniteusercptniteuser Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "Borg Disconnected" How ironic...:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    judeconnorsjudeconnors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    Former member of the Cryptic Friends & Family testing team. Sadly it simply vanished one day.

I know you like to play STO and all that but I gotta say summin'....

THIS IS THE BEST SIG LINE EVA.... EVAHHHH!!!
This discussion has been closed.