test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Emblems / Expansion of Emblem Usage

eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Suggestions Box
A: Allow Use of All Emblems on shoulder pads, capes and arm locations where available

for example Perk Emblems/ C-Store Emblem Packs Not Available on The Jacket Urban from the City Street Defender costume pack, which has a Chestwear Attachment section that allows you to add Emblems to the jacket sleeves. At present this only appears to show basic Emblems not those earned from Perks nor those from the C-Store Emblem packs (which may have been specifically purchased to use in this location)

Please make Chestwear Attachment - Emblem List same as Chest Emblem list
Please make Insigina Shoulder pads Emblem List same as Chest Emblem list
Please made a Cape Emblem List same as Chest Emblem list available on standard and scalloped and short capes.

B: Create a single and dual brooch cape option and allow use of all Emblems as per above

See example below from here
broochemblem_final.jpg

C: Allow Different Locations and sizes for Chest Emblems

Allow players to choose which location on the chest the emblem should appear - for example:

Standard (Current Central Location)
Upper Right (Right Side of Chest, below collar bone, on pectoral)
Upper Left (Left Side of Chest, below collar bone, on pectoral)
Upper Center (Central Axis of chest, but just below collar bone)
Lower Center (Central Axis of chest but on stomach area)

Within these locations allow different sizes of emblems for example:

Standard (Current Emblem Size)
Small (20% Smaller than current size)
Large (20% Larger than current size)

D: Add more emblems for purchase/earning by players or allow players to submit emblems for consideration of inclusion in a c-store pack

Back in 2009, Cryptic ran a contest for users to submit emblems for use within the game, and such was the quality of the entrants we now have 100 of these submissions in game now.

This got me thinking that perhaps it was either time for another contest to be run to create new emblems (which can be purchased from the c-store) or simply allow users to submit emblems somehow which could be used by the devs to create emblem packs periodically.

The instructions for submission of emblems was:
  • Emblems should only use two colors – black and red (on a white background). This is so players in-game can modify the colors as they like using our Costume Creator.
  • Emblems should be symbolic, iconic, and ‘basic’ enough to read well at a distance – lots of fine detail and noise tends to get lost.
  • Emblem images should be exactly 512 x 512 pixels, and saved in 24-bit uncompressed TARGA format (.tga).

Now I am unsure if the forum can display tga files properly, so I would suggest there be a mailbox for submission of emblems for review (perhaps something Trailturtle could organise) or allow them to be submitted via the support desk or a custom web page.

In line with this I have created a set of 20 tga files following the above instructions (see jpg image below for an example and comment. I think any of these would be great to see in game.

Suggestions_zpsf4520651.jpg~original

E: Add Glow option to emblems

The title says it all - add glow option to emblems
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    /signed a million times over

Awesome ideas!!
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,013 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    /Sign

That's really good idea, I love the usage of emblems on cape brooch

I would also like to see Emblem on Necklaces, Medalions, Bracers, Bandanas, Headbands, Armpad, Hats and Rings pieces

I feel like the current use of Emblems is really weak

Most of my character are supposed to have their Alliance's Emblem on various different clothes of them!
    NOT on their Chest!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited March 2014
    Why emblems using only two colors? Ingame emblems are using all four channels.

Also:

200px-RAF_roundel.svg.png

AFG-080923-004.jpg

220px-French-roundel.svg.png

poland-roundel-150x150.jpg

Airforce roundels are great emblems and could be neat for patriotic heroes.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If Cape Brooches and Chest Emblems would be easy to make, they would have made few C-store sets allready.
    I just crack myself up sometimes.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I love these ideas. I don't like using emblems on the chest since it always looks odd with female toons. I have the sci-fi emblems and never use them due to lack of places where they would look good. I also don't like that belt or the shoulder pads that let you use emblems either.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just stuck with the two color rule as I know cryptic can add these to the game (or at least have done so in bulk. so there should be instructions for doing it somewhere)
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good idea. I like it.

You know what else I'd like? A 'decal' plate with like, military-stencil styled numbers to go on the chest.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Brilliant idea /signed

...and if they could fix the colour problem on chest emblems, that would be nice .

btw, the bestial emblems use three colours, I believe.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • beautfldssonancebeautfldssonance Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    /Signed
    /John Hancock

I want this idea so badly. I would also like a lot more emblems, like spiders, iron cross, non-radioactive bug, more and better element symbols, alchemy symbols, astrology signs, Roman numerals, more letters that aren't Comic Sans besides just the Sharp T, all the ones you drew, and just stuff in general. Emblems are super-easy to make. If it is hard for them to make or add emblems, they did something to overcomplicate it.

"There is a point beyond which there is no return. That point must be reached." - Kafka

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • solardynamosolardynamo Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Completely signed!

Excellent post BTW.
    inS6EEjxY0bBVXuqyVWD1NidpgxpduJXW5_YMzhL0zc?size=1280x960&size_mode=2
  • lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    /signed

Wonderful idea.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • rstzedrstzed Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    While your at it you need to fix the problem on female toons where emblems are distorted if the breast slider is not at lease at 75%.

Also add designs for the mini cape.

And more badges, we do need more stinking badges.
  • salutage14xxsalutage14xx Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    /Signed fo show
    --> CHIBI[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rstzed wrote: »
    While your at it you need to fix the problem on female toons where emblems are distorted if the breast slider is not at lease at 75%.

Also add designs for the mini cape.

And more badges, we do need more stinking badges.

Agreed to everything, imcluding this.
  • zer303606zer303606 Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    yes please with ben and jerrys ice cream on top.
  • iceih03iceih03 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I support the new emblems idea, I need a new emblem before Ronald McDonald reports Minerva.
    BTW you should post emblems in TT's thread so you participate in it.
    edited April 2014
    iceih03 wrote: »
    I support the new emblems idea, I need a new emblem before Ronald McDonald reports Minerva.
    BTW you should post emblems in TT's thread so you participate in it.

Good Idea! I have updated my Secret Summer Casual Costume set to include the above emblems and also that the tshirts and messenger bag have emblem areas.

And if it did win or get added to the game the logo in my first post - 2nd row 3rd image - as it is two color, you could set the "black" color to your costume color and have a stylized M
  • iceih03iceih03 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    Good Idea! I have updated my Secret Summer Casual Costume set to include the above emblems and also that the tshirts and messenger bag have emblem areas.

And if it did win or get added to the game the logo in my first post - 2nd row 3rd image - as it is two color, you could set the "black" color to your costume color and have a stylized M

Yes that would look like a great M.
    edited July 2014
    I know this is a necro, but it is my thread and I still think we need new emblems, plus the EXISTING PURCHASED emblems being made available on EXISTING emblem areas - I am looking at you Urban Jacket!
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    /Signed

Also, if they could fix the scaling on female chest emblems so that they don't distort with low breast sliders, that'd be swell.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

• crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I support this idea so long as we do another emblem contest because...to be blunt...the Z-Store Emblem Kits are hideous and not as good as the emblems that the game launched with for free. I do not mind paying for emblem kits so long as they're worth the cash. I simply will not shell out for ugly. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    crosschan wrote: »
    I support this idea so long as we do another emblem contest because...to be blunt...the Z-Store Emblem Kits are hideous and not as good as the emblems that the game launched with for free. I do not mind paying for emblem kits so long as they're worth the cash. I simply will not shell out for ugly. :wink:

This is a good point.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

• serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am commenting on this thread since it is a more detailed version of a newer thread ( http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=289311 ) and contains many good concepts that should not be lost. Maybe the threads could be merged?

In any case we now have chest / chest emblem / back emblem / shoulder / belt / eye accessory / side accessory locations to display icons and all these lists should be unified and include all earned images from capes and unlocks.

And add some more.
  • ipsissimusalephipsissimusaleph Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    May I say I also support this suggestion.
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 670 Arc User
    Add Zodiac sign and you have my vote. (Both emblem and tattoo)
  • kjodellkjodell Posts: 83 Arc User
    I would like to add emblems to baseball caps