test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,226 Arc User
    Jessica: Well this is a grander scale than I thought.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    (i just did...every unit i posted had a link embedded with the text; that's why they all have green halos around them)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,048 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *looks at the fleet* That's even bigger than what we managed to pull together during the Iconian War... *looks at Reina* I'll be fine. I just...
    Ijoula's helping, but I almost feel like I'm back in the Iconian War. Everything I do feels hollow because I keep getting slammed with something that makes a recent victory meaningless.
    I think we all need a morale boost badly.

(Pretty sure Krystal might get along with Raynor.)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Rose: Well, whats the plan?

RAdm Rose: Whats the plan?

Cartwright: Krys, handle what you can control, and everything else will fall into place.
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,048 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *nods* I'll try. Should probably try and meet with the leaders of this armada at some point soon too. Need to know more about who we're working with.
    Tala: At least two different technology types, and one... purely organic force. Reading shields on all the gold ships. Not really any descernable shields on the others.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    yeah, the terrans here don't have much in the way of shield technology; the science vessels can generate a defensive matrix over other units that can absorb a fair bit of punishment, but it doesn't last very long and takes a LOT of energy to deploy, so most terran forces rely on their thick neosteel armor plating

oh, and welcome to ulnar
    ​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    Krystal: Ok... I want full diagnostics on all systems before we get this party started. We're gonna be fighting an unknown in unknown territory. I want to know if this environment will affect our ships in any possible way. I don't want to find out mid battle that our warp drives are dead or our shields are useless.
  • Options
    (well, considering protoss shields work fine...but then, theirs are comprised of plasma, and trek shields are comprised of...something else)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Sorry on my phone those links just look like the words are bolded.)

Oculus: I wonder if my influence can cover this many ships...

Jessica: Hmm...
  • Options
    Rose: Ok, Jess, what are you thinking?

Cartwright: My Science Officer says nto to leave this area except to go home as we would be torn apart by the Void. If you all want to know what the Big Rip is, then do it.

Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    (influence? don't tell me oculus has battle meditation?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (I am so confused. Just tell what I am supposed to kill. )
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    (Yeah she can do battle meditation.)

Jessica: Well I think this is gonna get weirder than I was expecting.
  • Options
    (you know, it's going to be interesting when raynor meets krystal, since she's a redhead like kerrigan used to be)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Rose: How so? Are we going to have a Trill become a werefox? A cloned biological weapon of mass destruction masquerading as a teenage werewolf? Or having a superhero from another dimension show up to help fight?
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    (*pokes rattler*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: Alex... its on you to get us talking. You seem to know these people.
  • Options
    (well, i hope you can mimic artanis and kerrigan's personalities well enough, because i sure as hell can't; i can probably manage raynor)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Jessica: *smiles* True.
  • Options
    (*boink*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Rose: I hope Alex and his allies have a plan other then holding the line. Now, there's an idea. Get the Reapers here.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    (*bonks rattler on the head*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Waiting on you, Shadow)
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    (I haven't played StarCraft for a while so I don't have a firm grasp of Kerrigan or Artanis at the moment. I know Artanis is determined and cares for all his people, and Kerrigan's a semi reluctant but strong leader. I say semi because she didn't ask for it, but knew someone had to lead the Swarm. She got her revenge, but now has to stay with them rather than stay with Raynor.)
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    (she's also got a burning hatred for amon and his servants, almost or perhaps more intense than the one she held for mengsk

you could tell by the way she told zeratul to stay out of the swarm's way while she was assaulting that one mobius installation in the first mission in the LOTV prologue

https://youtu.be/ps-qKyT6ci4?t=172

that exchange pretty much says it all)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (I'll have to reinstall StarCraft 2 at some point... and Diablo 3, and Heroes of the Storm...)
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    (well, if you need some brushing up on artanis, you could watch this - since the entire LOTV portion of SC2 focuses on him, there's plenty of him in all the cinematics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDwtPJDbF_A

and one for kerrigan as well, since the same is true of HOTS concerning her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2o5dnVuxiI )​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (I know LOTV focuses on Artanis. I HAVE it. Was playing though it on my old box, but the old power supply made it difficult due to freezing my computer.)
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    (well, you have a way of (re)familiarizing yourself with the storylines of both HOTS and LOTV without needing the actual game - all 3 of you

i can wait while you go through them, since i need to plan out what i'm going to having raynor add to the briefing anyway)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    From the Captian's chair, a slight snore. RAdm Rose is asleep.

Rose: Jess, when does Starfleet officers learn ground tactics?
    Ancient Griffon insult