What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    likely not tech, but void entities, and possibly narud (link provided for research purposes), the last living xel'naga who allied with amon all those millennia back​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    (*pokes stuff*)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Rose: Void. TRIBBLE. How well is the Power Distribution system is shielded against drainage?
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,119 Community Moderator
    Tala: We're flying into a total unknown here Alex. We don't even know if our weapons and shields will be effective.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    they'll function; that's about all i can guarantee...i've only had limited exposure to void energies, and that was all on the ground - i have no idea what effect it will have on starships or personnel within the void itself​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*boink*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Rose: Does Alex want me down, planetside?

RAdm Rose: Exeter, till ordered otherwise, we will shadow you.

Cartwright: Elder Alex, I hope you have a plan in that mind fo yours.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,243 Arc User
    Jessica: I don't know. Maybe.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Rose points at the portal: Why do I see the 54th Mass marching to Fort Wagner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO6yC-BmLBE&t=140s
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,119 Community Moderator
    Tala: Roger that. I'll... try and get Krystal out of her funk. I think going into a "fate of the Universe" situation immediately after a "Fate of the Galaxy" situation shook her pretty bad.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    RAdm Rose: Maybe its time for her to be put behind the desk.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    *Reina arrives on the bridge to help out*

*Oculus is on the bridge with Ekarn(I need to write this name down because I keep forgetting the knight's name)*

Oculus: She needs more confidence.
  • Options
    Cartwright: Captain Tala, what is the status of Adm Jade?
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Tala: Running pretty ragged right now sir. She really worried about the Reapers, and getting thrown into this right after finding out they're coming for both galaxies at the same time... she's scared all to hell sir. Probably doesn't even know what to do and... frankly I don't blame her. We barely survived fighting the Reapers and we're looking at another possibility of death right off the bat.
  • Options
    Oculus: But its not your job to be scared. *near Tala now* Its your job to face these things so someone else can be scared.
  • Options
    Tala: Krystal's no Vulcan. She's very much ruled by her emotions. Having multiple lifetimes of memories combined with recent stress... just like with the Iconian War, she's reaching a breaking point. And it could be a matter of time before something snaps.

Its like everyone expects her to be this fearless hero. They're forgetting the fact that she's still a young woman and single mother. She has her moments when things get rough, but she's no superhero.
  • Options
    Cartwright: Captain Tala, where is Dr. Reynolds?
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Tala: Still getting sickbay ready for casulties.
  • Options
    Cartwright: Krystal is going to hate me, but have Dr. Reynolds see if Adm Jade is fit for duty, now
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Oculus: no I know most of you aren't vulcans. A lot of you are mothers and daughters and sisters and have families. But They didn't make her a captain to be ruled by her emotions or because she couldn't feel her emotions. THey trusted her with command because they wanted her to be able to overcome her emotions. To feel them but be able to keep going.

Ekarn: *He's a dark Jedi pretty much so he's going to be a little ruder while Oculus is being civil* She has to be able to face threats like the reapers because if she can't then she shouldn't be in charge of anyone. She would be better off being an engineer fixing up because if she freezes up if she stops because she can't handle things, then people could die. I was a general of republic and Jedi forces and I was responsible for countless lives sure more than the ones on this ship but do you think I would have gotten anywhere near such a position if I couldn't get over what I felt? And don't give me any of that about me being a man. I have someone I love too. and I don't want them to get hurt and I would never want to lost them. But I have a responsibility to fight to defend so that others can live their lives in safety and maybe never worry that someone might come get them.

(That went a lot longer than I was planning. But hopefully their points are made well.)
  • Options
    (oculus is mostly just trying to help. She wants Krystal to be more confident. Ekarn doesn't really trust her in command anymore.)
  • Options
    Krystal: *from behind Ekarn* How many times do you go from one doomsday crisis to another?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Ekarn: Well lets see... Other than the emperor I helped deal with an ancient galactic evil hell bent on conqueror the galaxy millions of years ago that broke free from a prison, I had to fight a giant monstrous creature from outside our reality while being sucked into the dimensional hole it called home so that it wouldn't go on a killing spree across the stars, I dealt with a lizard man and his private army who became servants of dread masters sith who could quite literally make an entire planet go insane with just their prescence. Dealt with the most powerful criminal mercenaries known to our galaxy along with a dread master and his giant dragon dog, Dealt with the dread masters themselves on a planet they had conquered and twisted with their power while fighting through literal armies of their minions and monsters they made then faced them and dealt with more reality twisted time bending powers and finally faced all of them at once as they brought back their fallen comrades as ghosts in a last ditch effort to annihilate us or convert us not sure which, then dealt with a mad fallen jedi who was attempting to use a machine to wipe out all life on the moon he was on to wake the emperor as he believed he was the only who could kill him which he may have been but I think I could do better. There's a few more in there somewhere too but this was all over the course of a few years. Suffice it to say my whole life has been doomsday crisis after doomsday crisis.

Oculus: I was part of the teams sent on those too. (I prefer to think that the republic and empire worked together for most of the raids rather than individual teams.)
  • Options
    Krystal: *neutral look* And you don't have 21 lifetimes of memories to contend with. You got it easy. *moves over towards The Chair* Sorry about not being up here. I needed some time to myself.
  • Options
    Reina: Are you okay Krys? *she's on the bridge too*
  • Options
    (it's star wars...they LIVE in a constant doomsday)

*the jade expeditionary task force eventually reaches the center of the alterian rift - to be greeted with the sight of one of the most massive fleets ever seen by most in the task force

hundreds of terran minotaur and behemoth battlecruisers (including the Hyperion, james raynor's flagship), valkyrie frigates, vikings, wraiths, banshees, science vessels, nomads, liberators, ravens and dropships carrying the dominion's ground forces

an equally large force of mixed daelaam, nerazim, purifier and even some tal'darim protoss warships including carriers, scouts, corsairs, phoenixes, void rays, warp prisms, observers, oracles, tempests and large motherships all clustered around the gargantuan spear of adun arkship, the titanic vessel registering at a massive 74 kilometers in length

(and no, that isn't a typo - that was the size given by a blizzard employee on the starcraft twitter

well, actually, he said the spear of adun was 224 times the size of the nimitz-class carrier, which is the biggest carrier we currently have)

and finally, many purely organic organisms making up the zerg swarm gather around massive leviathans - though not quite as large as the spear of adun - among them being mutalisks, devourers, guardians, overlords, queens, brood lords, corruptors and vipers

there are also several hundred imperium warships among the terran, protoss and zerg forces, mostly of the designs already seen in the fleet brought by present alex mixed in with some new designs, the combined numbers of all ships here including task force jade numbering well over 5,000 vessels

and in front of the fleet lies the single largest structure ever seen, easily dwarfing even the spear of adun, the megalith could easily be mistaken for a moon if not for it's oblong shape - this can only be ulnar, final resting place of the xel'naga (since amon murdered them all when he returned and alex doesn't know about ouros yet) and their means of entering the void*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Cartwright: Understood, Admiral Jade. Cartwright is worried about Krystal, but also knows pulling her out of command now could break her. He trust what he knows, she has always been there at the end.

RAdm Rose looks at the specticle: THIS is a last ditch effort?

Rose: Well, if anyone felt insgificant before; we dont have to worry about that now.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    (oh, i should probably mention everyone will have been pre-briefed on all those units and their strengths/weaknesses and special abilities; all the links are for those who haven't ever played starcraft before)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*pokes rattler*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (I haven't played it but I looked at the story a bit. Can you link the units?)