test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A (mostly) comprehensive guide to Star Trek videogame special weapons and their STO equivalents.

legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,266 Arc User
So, while watching a playthrough of Klingon Academy, I got to thinking about the various special weapons that game has (Or Advanced Weapons as they're called there), which led me to think about special weapons in other Star Trek games, mainly the Armada series - and I decided to compile a list of equivalents, or as close as they can get, in STO in case anyone ever wanted to build something like an Akira with a Chain Reaction Pulsar type weapon, for example.

Bear with me, as with the sheer amount of different toys in STO, a lot of which I'm unfamiliar with, I'm likely to miss a lot (So feel free to point out such things that might fit any given Special Weapon better than what I have listed.). Also, using a google doc since it's easier to organize things and I can also write notes on why I chose certain things or why some fields are empty.

And y'all better bloody appreciate the work I put into this...it took me over a week to write up the darn thing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/154g_VyRk3ka5MFpgZgmBEMspGTjssh9FKHhxiSn9QHk (Hopefully people will actually be able to access this - I've never shared a Google doc link before.)​​
Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
"We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
Passion and Serenity are one.
I gain power by understanding both.
In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
The Force is united within me.

Comments

• legateimperator#1559 legateimperator Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Great work!
    kgwcNMHqvWPLO.gif
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,266 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    And "Nanites - Diamond" - the 'Nano Infestation' Starship Trait isn't entirely dissimilar.

Well, given the ability in Armada didn't deal any damage and this trait does, I'd say it's very dissimilar - though, the TS console does too, but at least it disables the ships it hits as well.

I did add it anyway, as they ARE technically nanites, even if they aren't Borg nanites.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.