test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Rose: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here. (Rose shivers) Glad we decided our kids would stay back, I do nto know how to explain the absence of feeling here. The longer we stay here.......
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,216 Arc User
    Jessica: Lets hope this doesn't take too long then.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    (OMG, who's ugly mug is on the forums now?)
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (...wat?)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    (That's Geordi.)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    (Put the hot chicks back on)
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    *as the armada enters the portal, they immediately come under assault by what seem to be the very shadows of the void and every telepathically-sensitive individual aboard the fleet feels a sudden weight pressing down on their minds, a dark voice whispering in the back of their heads, feelings of unending hatred spearing into their very being*

-aboard the hyperion-

raynor: things are goin' sideways real fast. these...shadows are tearin' apart our ships; we're not gonna last long out here

*alex then speaks up, a faint hint of tension in his voice from fending off amon's mental onslaught* even the deepest of shadows retreat from the faintest spark of light...so let's light up the void! *the imperium warships all reconfigure their shields to emit visible light and energy as if they'd been struck by weapons fire as well as activating all their external lights, the terran and protoss vessels quickly following suit and moving to cover the zerg forces who are incapable of either action*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    RAdm Rose: Keep an eye on the Exeter and Varyag. Let the Shadows come to us

Cartwright: Helm, Stay in formation with the Exeter. Tactical, Add out fire to our sides. Lets keep this simple, no chasing after any individuals, we will get slaughtered that way. Airwing, keep the small stuff off us, but no pursuit.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    edited October 2017
    *the combined illumination and weapons fire from over 5000 ships quickly drives the attacking shadows away, giving everyone a moment to catch their breath before kerrigan appears on the fleet's viewscreens*

kerrigan: the voice is coming from up ahead...we have to reach it

*artanis acknowledges* my forces will investigate *the spear of adun begins moving forward toward a cluster of large landmasses in the distance, which read as having a breathable atmosphere on them, and the remaining protoss forces follow suit along with the swarm, dominion and imperium forces*

alex: sensors are showing those landmasses contain clusters of mineral patches and vespene geysers - we won't be hurting for resources, at least, though i'm curious how such things exist here in the void and yet stars do not...seems rather convenient​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*pokes rattler with a stick*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Jessica: That's incredibly odd.
  • Options
    (*continues poking rattler*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Rose: Remember, Matter and energy is convertible. This place drains energy from elsewhere and creates matter. You know, Jessica, I'd rather be on Aruba then here. You are rather hit or miss of taking me to places
    Post edited by icerose20 on
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    (*gibbslaps rattler upside the head* you're holding up the story again!)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Real Life Shadow. I cannot tell it to frak itself as I live in it.)

Krystal: *grits her teeth as she tries to block out the voice* Kinda hard to focus...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    RAdm Rose: Alex, how quick is thier targeting computers? Especially acquiring and reacquiring targets?
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Jessica: It doesn't matter where we go it's what we do while we're there.
  • Options
    Rose: True, but the place sets the tone. This place does not tell you to take your clothes off and jump into the water. This place is telling you to turn around and run in a hysterical manner away.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    *the armada approaches the landmass and a pair of warp prisms break off and deploy on a clear part of the terrain, allowing a small force of sentinels, stalkers and immortals to be warped in*

kerrigan: your warriors are close now, artanis, i can sense it

artanis: we must find the corruption and clear it

*the group begins moving forward and are almost immediately set upon by void entities taking the forms of various protoss units though entirely made of shadow and void energies, a sentinel being killed before the rest of the group can react and obliterate them*

-back in orbit-

alex: sensors are picking up another wave of shadows incoming; all forces prepare to-what the hell?! *he breaks off as the shadows coalesce into corrupted versions of the armada's forces just as the ones on the ground did, void carriers launching swarms of interceptors that surge forward firing at everything in sight, taking a few of the smaller protoss, terran and zerg air units with them before anyone can react, while dozens of void battlecruisers, brood lords, void rays, motherships and other such forces open up on the armada vanguard

task force jade is not immune to the assault either, a void ray focusing on the exeter and channeling a stream of concentrated void energy at her, which grows in power by the second, the varyag being swarmed by interceptors while simultaneously taking fire from one of the battlecruiser facsimiles*

alex: all forces, FIRE AT WILL! *the imperium forces light up the void with walls of dark matter bolts, drones and nuclear warheads, the blowback wiping out dozens of shadows but several maulers, nightfangs and even a vargulf are destroyed in the exchange, and the indomitable itself has taken some minor hull damage from a void devourer attack, the acid bile eating away the hull plating at the impact point*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    *Exeter unleashes a Photon Torpedo spread and rapid fire phaser bolts in retaliation*
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    *the void ray explodes into wisps of shadow before the beam can charge enough to deal any significant damage, but it managed to take 17% of the exeter's shield capacity before going down, and several void interceptors swoop in to try and take out the rest of her shields, while a flight of void wraiths focus on the crimson fang, which retaliates with barrages of withering disruptors, trying to hit the nimble fighters*

artanis: task force jade, be advised that interceptors cannot survive the loss of their carriers - destroy them and any interceptors launched from them will self-destruct

(whose ships did rose and west bring to this again?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (T'laru and a Fleet version of the T6 Galaxy dreadnought cruiser with the Venture skin on it and with cloak ability as I do have the cloak on it in game.)

*The Midsummer's Night fires its spinal lance at the nearest target going full fire at will mode.*

*The T'laru beigns launching fighters and targets the biggest enemy with its laser drill*
  • Options
    *a carrier is speared by the phaser lance and explodes in a flash of red fire, all of its interceptors exploding along with it, but then a barrage of missiles fly out of the dissipating shadows of the carrier and impact the midsummer's shields, each unleashing concentrated void energy against the yamato class, the origin of the rockets being revealed after a protoss observer moves near the midsummer - it was a wing of cloaked wraiths which quickly break off and attempt to retreat after being spotted

meanwhile, the t'laru finds itself fighting a void leviathan, the mining drill having trouble penetrating the massive organism's thick carapace as several valkyrie frigates move in to support it as raynor's voice comes in over the romulan warship's comm channel, the hyperion moving to support them with volleys of burst laser fire against the leviathan*

raynor: watch out for those valkyries; their H.A.L.O. cluster rockets are lethal against tightly packed groups of units since each one has proximity sensors - especially smaller units like fighters *and the fighters launched by the t'laru are in fact packed close together, as is SOP for fighter groups - and just at that moment, the valkyries all launch a barrage or their cluster rockets right at them*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    The Tigershark declaoks and just waylays the cluster rockets and the Frigates also, with her PDS and TPDS knocking a whole squadron worth worth of Frigates, then she cloaks.

The Scorpion Fighters target anything they can that try to hit the Task Force, while the Yellowstones provide support.

Cartwright: T'Laru, hold your fighters back to our ships instead of using them as a strikeforce. There is enough ships to make any fighter bombers as suicidal as Pickett's Charge. I wish we had the Turner with us. She'd be perfect for Goalkeeper duty here.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    edited October 2017
    (what class is the tigershark again? i'm guessing probably an alita class because of the TPDS)

*while the armada is occupied in orbit of the landmass, the protoss strikeforce that had been sent down by artanis reaches a structure of sorts comprised of rock and crystal which is radiating a field of lethal void energies, the protoss forces beginning to suffer as soon as they enter its radius and they all quickly focus on it, though not before another two sentinels and a stalker that had been weakened by the earlier shadow attacks succumb to the deadly energies

as they begin attacking, a voice radiates throughout the void - one very familiar to artanis*

tassadar: go forth...purge the corruption...

*aboard the spear of adun, artanis sounds stunned and a little awed as well* that voice...it is my former master, tassadar!

*aboard her leviathan, kerrigan replies* do as he says *and the strikeforce does so, destroying the void structure emitting the energies slowly tearing them apart in short order, and with the void corruption's destruction, the fallen sentinels begin reconstructing themselves and from the wreckage a form shrouded in a golden aura appears*

tassadar: i called to you in dire need. now you have come to this realm. here i am prisoner. you must free me from his grasp...

kerrigan: whose grasp?

*and everyone telepathically-sensitive is suddenly shown an image of a large entity similar in appearance to the xel'naga alex showed everyone at his briefing, but with glowing red eyes - emil narud*

narud: ah, the queen of blades...and others. what a pleasant surprise *his voice drips with pure malice and cruelty, stabbing like a white-hot knife into everyone's mind*

kerrigan: narud. i thought you were dead *her voice brims with barely-restrained hatred toward this servant of amon*

narud: without form, we, the xel'naga, return to the void. here, i live on, but you will not be so fortunate *and everyone can immediately tell he isn't just referring to kerrigan*

(i don't remember if i linked his wiki page already or not...in case i didn't, there it is again

oh, and i apparently goofed a bit; they aren't immortals in the strikeforce, but annihilators - which are immortal variants, admittedly, but still)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Super cloaking Valant species Defiant with PDS and TPDS)
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Krystal: *gritting her teeth because of the psionic stuff* Someone give me a target. I got something that might help.
  • Options
    alex: target any void motherships you see, admiral jade - they have very dangerous abilities, including the ability to form small black holes​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: *winces*
    Tala: Um... Alex? Are any of these hostiles telepathic or capable of launching telepathic attacks?
  • Options
    all of amon's hybrids have extremely powerful psionic attacks - each one takes a small army to down, and can wipe out said small army if they aren't careful

some of the more powerful void entities, like void thrashers, are also powerful psionics
    ​​

#LegalizeAwoo